[Wizards Association] Guess Who's Back?

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

[Wizards Association] Guess Who's Back?

Postby Sytem316 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:56 pm

GAME SETTINGS

Game: NBA 2K14 PC
Season Length: 82 Games
Playoff Format: 7-7-7-7
Difficulty: Superstar
Sliders: Default
Roster: Agent Zero is Back!

Trade Override: Off
Allow CPU Trades: On
Team Chemistry: On
Progressive Fatigue: On
Quarter Length: 10 Minutes
Simulation Length: 12 Minutes

TEAM ROSTER

Starters
John Wall - Gilbert Arenas - Caron Butler - Serge Ibaka - Marcin Gortat
Image Image Image Image Image

Bench
Antawn Jamison - Gerald Green - Kelly Olynyk - Xavier Henry - Norris Cole - Glen Rice Jr. - Robert Sacre
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Sytem316

Okafor traded to Sixers for Kwame and '14 first rounder | Washington Wizards

Postby Sytem316 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:47 pm

Sytem316

Ibaka and Butler move to D.C. after Big Trades | Washington Wizards

Postby Sytem316 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:45 pm

Ibaka and Butler move to D.C. after big trades

WASHINGTON, D.C. - After being announced by GM Ernie Brunfield that the team is undergoing serious changes in its roster, the Washington Wizards traded Martell Webster and Otto Porter in exchange for Caron Butler of the Milwaukee Bucks. In another trade, the Wizards dealt Nene and Bradley Beal in exchange for all star power forward Serge Ibaka and wingman Thabo Sefolosha.

Analysts think of no logical reason of giving up Webster and a young Otto Porter for an aging Caron Butler. On the other hand, moving Nene and Bradley Beal in exchange for Ibaka and Sefolosha is quite a good trade where analysts say that the Wizards got the upper hand in the trade.

So far, no other moves have been reported to be in the makes but what we can assure is that the Washington Wizards already got a better front court for the upcoming season with the addition of shot-blocker Serge Ibaka.
September 22, 2013
Last edited by Sytem316 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sytem316

Wiz continues to bolster its frontline after getting Gortat | Washington Wizards

Postby Sytem316 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:24 pm

Wiz continues to bolster its frontline after getting Gortat

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Continuing the string of trades made by the Wizards' front office, Trevor Ariza, Garett Temple, Kwame Brown and a 2015 first round draft pick were sent to the Phoenix Suns for Marcin Gortat, P.J. Tucker, Malcolm Lee, Miles Plumlee. Ernie Brunfield says, "We are now getting into some ground, but we need more."

After acquiring the 2001 Draft's 1st overall pick Kwame Brown, they dealt him 11 days after to the Phoenix Suns together with Garett Temple and starting forward Trevor Ariza. In return, they would get a solid center in Marcin Gortat, a great defender in P.J. Tucker, and two young prospects in Malcolm Lee and Miles Plumlee.

With the Polish Hammer and Miles Plumlee joining Serge Ibaka in the front court of the Wizards, all they need is to sold the guard depth problem before they could be considered as one of the contenders to stop the Miami Heat's reign.
September 29, 2013
Sytem316

Re: [Wizards Association] Guess Who's Back?

Postby 2K Kobe on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:58 am

When I read "guess who's back?" I was hoping it would be Arenas. One of my favorite players, needless to say I'll be following
2K Kobe

Four trades approved today for the Wizards | Washington Wizards

Postby Sytem316 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm

Four trades approved today for the Wizards

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Four separate trades, all made by the Wizards, were approved by NBA Commissioner David Stern. Starting from Belinelli's three point shooting prowess and Tony Allen's premier perimeter defense going to D.C., to bringing back a familiar face in Antawn Jamison.

In the first trade, Marco Belinelli, who was recently-acquired by the Spurs, is bringing his talent's to the capital in exchange for Thabo Sefolosha. The second trade approved was the return of Antawn Jamison to the Wizards after going to the Clips for Al Harrington and a 2014 first rounder.

The third trade brought in Tony Allen from the Grizzlies in exchange for Chris Singleton and Jan Vesely. Most analysts do not understand the reason of the Grizzlies for trading Tony Allen, but the Grizzlies pointed out "Vesely, if used properly, would be a great force." The sixth overall pick of the 2011 draft is averaging around three points per contest for his career. Finally, the Boston Celtics trade away rookie Kelly Olynyk and their 2014 first rounder for Miles Plumlee.
October 2, 2013
Sytem316

Agent Zero announces that he is ready for NBA return | Washington Wizards

Postby Sytem316 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:40 pm

Agent Zero announces that he is ready for NBA return

WASHINGTON, D.C. - After playing in China in 2013, Gilbert Arenas announced yesterday that he is "100% ready to play again for an NBA team." The news spread like wildfire and teams around the league are looking on how they could sign Agent Zero to their team before the start of the 2013-14 NBA season.

Gilbert Arenas was last seen in an NBA uniform when he played for the Memphis Grizzlies in the 2011-12 season. He went to play for the Shanghai Sharks in the Chinese Basketball Association in the 2012-13 season but left eventually. It was reported for a couple of times that he was considering retirement but in his press conference yesterday, he stated:

"I've been thinking to either retire or continue playing ball, and since I'm only 31, I've got a long way to prove. And I don't want to be remembered as the guy who flopped after being having great seasons just because of injuries."

When asked about which team he'd prefer to play, he immediately answered:

"The Wizards of course, I have unfinished business with them. And since my man Ernie Brunfield is moving a lot of things, why not give me one last shot? Other than them, I guess probably the Knicks or the Nets."

With the return of Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison to D.C., could there be a possible reunion of the old big three for the Wizards?
October 5, 2013
Sytem316

Postby Sytem316 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:41 pm

2K Kobe wrote:When I read "guess who's back?" I was hoping it would be Arenas. One of my favorite players, needless to say I'll be following

Thanks mate! Agent Zero was one of the first guys who inspired me to play ball. :D
Sytem316

Postby Kevin on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:54 pm

Much trades, such wow. Hope you do good in this association.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Sytem316 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:00 am

KevinParker13 wrote:Much trades, such wow. Hope you do good in this association.

Thanks! :D I think there's like two trade-related posts before the big unveiling begins. :cheeky:
Sytem316

Another set of trades made by Wizards today | Washington Wizards

Postby Sytem316 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:20 am

Another set of trades made by Wizards today

WASHINGTON, D.C. - A trio of trades were approved by the front office today as the Washington Wizards continue to move their players. Plans of the Wizards' front office are still unknown to the public.

In the first transaction, Cleveland's Sergey Karasev, Tristan Thompson and Tyler Zeller were all traded to Washington in exchange for P.J. Tucker, Kevin Seraphin, Trevor Booker and Eric Maynor. The second one includes the transfer of Suns' high-flying wingman Gerald Green and Kendall Marshall to the Wizards for Tony Allen, Marco Belinelli and Tristan Thompson. For the last trade, the Pelicans traded away Brian Roberts and Lance Thomas for Sergey Karasev and Malcolm Lee.

It is still unsure for many what are the plans of the Wizards. We tried contacting the GM but his secretary told us he was in a team meeting. Could they be aiming for Gilbert Arenas, who recently announced he wants to stage his NBA return?
October 7, 2013
Sytem316

Wiz GM says that today's trades will be the last "for now" | Washington Wizards

Postby Sytem316 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:19 pm

Wiz GM says that today's trades will be the last "for now"

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Another trio of trades have been approved by the Commissioner for the Washington Wizards and GM Ernie Brunfield says that it "will be the last for now."

Starting off the list of transactions is a trade with the defending champions, Miami Heat. The Heat traded away Greg Oden, Rashard Lewis and Norris Cole and got Tyler Zeller, Lance Thomas and Kendall Marshall in return. They made a trade with the Lakers for the second part of the approved trades. Robert Sacre, Wesley Johnson, Xavier Henry and a 2nd round pick for 2014 were traded for Rashard Lewis and Brian Roberts. For the last trade, the Wizards dealt Greg Oden to the Utah Jazz for the team's 2014 first overall pick.

In a press conference with GM Brunfield, he announced that this is the last trade that they'll do for now. "I think there's just one piece missing and we're set for Opening Day." the GM said. Could he be hinting on the return of Gilbert Arenas?
October 11, 2013
Sytem316

Guess Who's Back? Agent Zero inks 4-year contract with Wizards | Washington Wizards

Postby Sytem316 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:01 am

Guess Who's Back? Agent Zero inks 4-year contract with Wizards

WASHINGTON, D.C. - It's official. Gilbert Arenas signs a $38.15 million contract for four years with the Washington Wizards, getting his chance at an NBA comeback. Arenas says that a comeback with the Wizards is "a dream come true."

Arenas signed a four year contract earlier this morning worth $38.15 million. The turmoil in the roster for the past few months in D.C. was said to be all part of the plan of creating salary cap space to get back 'Hibachi'. In the wake of Agent Zero's signing, Wesley Johnson was waived by the team.

"Being back here is a dream come true. I became famous for who I am here and it's like a huge letdown if I don't finish my career on a high note." Arenas said. "All those injuries got a hold of me before and I got distracted. But now, I think I'm good. It's been a long time, but I know that I still got game." he added.
October 16, 2013
Last edited by Sytem316 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sytem316

Wizards rank 11th in Final Pre-season Rankings | Washington Wizards

Postby Sytem316 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Wizards rank 11th in Final Pre-season Rankings

WASHINGTON, D.C. - With two days before the the start of the season, the league published it's final pre-season rankings for all the teams with Washington being ranked as the 11th overall.

With a good finish for the pre-season after winning 103-87 against the Knicks, the Wizards rose by 2 rankings. They overtook the Lakers and Nets in the process. In the game against the Knicks, Gilbert Arenas poured in 26 points along with 7 rebounds and 6 assists for the team.

The defending champions Miami Heat are once again the number 1 overall. The Spurs and Thunder follow as the second and third overall, respectively. Meanwhile, the Bucks are last place. They finished last season with a 38-44 record and advanced to the play-offs as the eighth seed but got swept by the Heat.
October 26, 2013
Sytem316

Agent Zero's 50 points not enough to win against Pistons | Washington Wizards

Postby Sytem316 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:57 pm

Agent Zero's 50 points not enough to win against Pistons

Quarter Scoring
WAS - 21 23 27 35 106
DET - 25 32 23 30 110

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The Detroit Pistons spoil Gilbert Arenas' first game back in the NBA after defeating the Wizards, 106-110.

Agent Zero scored 50 points with a 19/33 shooting clip. He also tied the NBA record for most three-pointers in a game with 12. But his incredible performance back from hiatus wasn't enough to will his team for the win. Andre Drummond ended the game with a double-double, 21 points and 12 rebounds. J Smoove led the Pistons with 22 points, including some crucial baskets in clutch time.

The crowd at the Palace was thrilled to see Agent Zero play once again in the league. "The support of the Piston's crowd to my return is a happy feeling. You don't usually see a guy from the opponent's team being cheered by the home crowd. It's just that special." Arenas said.
October 30, 2013

Sprite's Key Players Stats
Arenas - 50 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists
Wall - 11 points, 3 rebounds, 13 assists, 2 steals

Smith - 22 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 2 blocks
Drummond - 21 points, 12 rebounds
Sytem316

Postby Woogie98 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:51 am

Gotta follow this! (Y)
***SNEAKERHEADS UNITE***
Woogie98

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood