Rise Together! A Thunder Dynasty in the making.

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Rise Together! A Thunder Dynasty in the making.

Postby Boogie Smooth on Mon May 26, 2014 3:10 am

Hey everybody,
first of all, a little foreword to start with.

I always enjoyed the NBA2k Games, starting with NBA2k10 and now playing 2k14. But every single time i started an Association, i lost motivation. Sometimes after 10, sometimes after 20 and sometimes after 50 games.
When i stumbled across this "Basketball Video Game Stories" Section and read the great work of guys like Axel. ,Valor, Sit and guys like that, i found myself really enjoying that stuff and thinking to myself "I got some creativity, some basketball knowledge and some free time, why not ?".
As my first ideas started forming in my head i stumbled about two problems, one small one big, that i'd have to conquer if i'd really wanna do this.

Problem 1(the small one):
As i am from Germany, i learned English basically on the basketball court playing with the US guys that play at our local club and from watching NBA/playing NBA2k. I think my English skills are decent but not much more and i had some fears that could affect my idea in some way.

Problem 2(the big one, i guess):
I have no idea whatsoever how to use BBCode, upload pictures, screenshots and video's, making a layout, just that kinda stuff. In the last few days i tried to read about some of that stuff but there's still a lot i have to learn.

What i think do have though (i might be wrong) is ideas and creativity. Maybe even too much. So i said "f*ck it i gonna do this" and here i am. I hope you guys enjoy and i really hope i can get some feedback.

Prologue

It was a rainy day in Vechta. I had another job interview for a job as GM of a BBL Team and yet another rejection. After already having interviews with the big clubs like Munich, Ulm and Berlin and being rejected there, i had interviews for half of the small clubs of the first German league. All rejections.
As i drove my car through the streets of the little town in west Germany, i was trying to think of new ideas, new thoughts for another place to send my application to but .. nothing. "Great" i thought to myself, "my old boss will have the time of his life when i call him and ask for my old job, especially after resigning myself and holding a big speech about how i will show him and never work in the third league again."

And just as i was beaten down enough to get my phone and call him, i got a call myself. I somehow fumbled my phone out of my pocket to look at the screen. Darvin Ham it said. I met the former Pistons Champion of '04 a few years back at a basketball camp i was working as a coach. Back then he was still an Assistant with the Lakers and after having a few beer in a local pub i got him to exchange numbers with me. He was amazed at my knowledge about the game and about developing players in particular, being in responsible for developing the Lakers Big men, in particular Andrew Bynum.
At that point, i hadn't talked to him for a solid year, but i knew he was continuing his old job but with the Milwaukee Bucks.
"Heitmann" i said as i answered the phone, starting to get a little nervous.
"Mr. Heitmann, this is Darvin Ham. We met a few years back at that camp in Germany my sons participated in and shared our ideas about how to develop Big Men that already are in the NBA, remember ?" His voice was dark and calm, just like i remembered it being. "I certainly remember Mr. Ham, how may i be of assistance?" "Am i informed right that you resigned as GM of your old team and are currently seeking work? Because i think i got something for you. How does Oklahoma City sound to you ?" I stumbled. "It sounds great, actually, but ... what exactly do you mean?"
"The Thunder are currently looking for an assistant GM to help Sam Presti strengthen their Frontcourt rotation and they offered me the Job first, but it would be a paycut and i really settled down here in Milwaukee. But I am short on time, I need a quick answer so i can commend you to the right people." "I'm in ! When does my flight go?" "Haha calm down," Darvin answered laughing, "Mr. Presti will most likely call you these next few days, with his Thunder still being in the Playoffs he got a lot of other stuff to worry about" "Alright thank you so much Mr. Ham ! If you ever need something I..." "Don't worry about it" he interrupted me, "just promise that you'll do your job and don't disappoint" "I won't Mr, Ham, i won't" i said, trying to sound normal. My pulse was higher than it ever had been and i was excited like i never was before. "Have a nice day. And thank you so much!".

As Darvin hung up i tried to collect myself. Oklahoma City. The NBA. And myself starring in .. at least some role. I was excited.

Thank you so much for reading this. I'll post information about the kind of Association I'll play as soon as possible and am now looking to make some preparations and grab hold of some thoughts. Feedback is very, very appreciated !
I am basically new to everything. In life.

My Story Thread
Click This. Just do it.
Boogie Smooth

Re: Rise Together! A Thunder Dynasty in the making.

Postby Vespasian92 on Tue May 27, 2014 10:10 am

I'm intrigued. Looking forward to seeing you give it a go!
Vespasian92

Postby Boogie Smooth on Tue May 27, 2014 8:26 pm

Vespasian92 wrote:I'm intrigued. Looking forward to seeing you give it a go!

I'm currently pretty busy because i'm looking for a job, but expect it to start tomorrow or the day after. Thanks for the feedback though :D
I am basically new to everything. In life.

My Story Thread
Click This. Just do it.
Boogie Smooth

Postby Martti. on Wed May 28, 2014 2:33 am

BBL is the German league? I know it as the Baltic Basketball League.

Anyway, good luck, get a job and start playing some 2K. :D And your English looks really good, don't worry about that. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood