Phoenix Suns Association, New Era, New Look (1-3) TRADE!

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Phoenix Suns Association, New Era, New Look (1-3) TRADE!

Postby rsType28x on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:53 pm

Hello, and welcome to my Phoenix Suns Association.

This is my very first attempt at one of these, please bare with me and ENJOY!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SETTINGS
Game : NBA 2K14
Console : Xbox360
Difficulty : All-Star
Sliders : Trifecta 2K14 Sliders
Rosters : Trifecta 2K14 Project (xbox360)
Quarter Length : 10 Minutes
Sim Length : 12 Minutes
Season Length : 82 Games
Playoffs Format : 7-7-7-7
Draft Class : Trifecta 2K14 Draft Class (2014, hopefully 2015 once released)

The Team.

>Starting 5

ImageImageImageImageImage

PG Matt Watson
SG Eric Bledsoe
SF Caron Butler
PF Markieff Morris
C Miles Plumlee

>Bench

C|PF Emeka Okafor
PF|SF Marcus Morris
SG|SF Gerald Green
C Alex Len
PG|SG Seth Curry
SF P.J. Tucker
SG|PG Archie Goodwin

>Reserve(s)

PF Channing Frye

Goals
>Finish season with a better record than last year
>Most Improved Player award for Eric Bledsoe
>Develop Miles Plumlee and Alex Len
>Eliminate contrats such as Emeka Okafor (unrestricted free agents anyways) and Goran Dragic

>Long term goal, make the playoffs, then onto a championship.....hopefully.

I like to create myself and add him to the team i am rebuilding. Makes a little more personal and enjoyable for me.
Hes a 6'3" point guard, athletic, 72 overall.

Day 1 news

Suns part ways with 3 players...

>Viacheslav Kravtsov
>Ishmael Smith
>Dionte Christmas

...Add 1

>Seth Curry (1yr/$1.00M)

>Other early transactions around the league
Sacramento Kings sign PF Nikola Mirotic (1yr/5.76M)

Season opener against the Portland Trailblazers up next!
Last edited by rsType28x on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:53 am, edited 8 times in total.
New Era, New Look. My Phoenix Suns Association
rsType28x

Re: Phoenix Suns Association, New Era, New Look (0-0)

Postby rsType28x on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:21 pm

Image VS Image

>Player of the Game
Miles Plumlee

>I got a really strong game from Miles. He gave me 29 hard minutes, and grabbed 15 boards, including 6 on the offensive end.
He struggled down low with his layups and overall shooting (3-10), but he plugged the lane, altered shots, and gave the opposing
offence a hell of a time inside. Those fundamentals led me to choose Miles Plumlee as my Player of the Game.
*correction, he went 1-2 from the line, not 1-6*

As you see from the box score, Portland jumped to an early lead in the 1st and we bounced back in the 2nd to go into the half with
the lead. It was a very exciting game, back and forth, back and forth, and fortunately we came up with the victory.

I like the way the team feels. We are pretty fast paced despite what the numbers say. I think i can really take advantage of the ball
handling skills provided by Eric Bledsoe. His shot feels comfortable, hes fast, and can get to the bucket at will.

Up next is the Utah Jazz (1-0)

>Note.
How is the format? Is it clear and easy to read and understand?
I dont know how to take game pictures or videos as im playing on the 360.
I dont have a capturing device to get footage or screenshots, any help with
an alternative way would be greatly appreciated.
rsType28x

Re: Phoenix Suns Association, New Era, New Look (1-0)

Postby Vespasian92 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:36 am

It looks nice so far. I wouldn't know about screenshots on a console, so maybe somebody else can offer a solution.

Despite their outstanding season, nobody's done a Suns association recently. I'm looking forward to this. Also, screw Chicago's rights, let's grab Mirotic anyway :)
Vespasian92

Postby rsType28x on Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:18 am

Vespasian92 wrote:It looks nice so far. I wouldn't know about screenshots on a console, so maybe somebody else can offer a solution.

Despite their outstanding season, nobody's done a Suns association recently. I'm looking forward to this. Also, screw Chicago's rights, let's grab Mirotic anyway :)

Haha. Thanks.
Yeah the suns are having a year no one expected, but their roster in 2k is anything but a powerhouse lol. I figured I can just use my phone to record things or snapshots. I got a couple from the game I played last night, it wasn't too bad. I got some editing tools I can use to string them together so, it'll have to do until I figure something else out. Anyways, extremely excited for this.

Great win for the kings last night against Portland irl. I'm from sacramento and I'm a HUGE kings fan. I'm liking their squad, just need more defense!

Thanks for following! Hopefully I can make it enjoyable.
rsType28x

Postby rise on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:04 am

Nice up-and-coming team. I think most people (myself included) thought PHX would be a front runner for Wiggins, but they have done well. Good luck
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby 2K Kobe on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:33 am

Good luck with Suns! I'll be following
2K Kobe

Postby rsType28x on Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:57 pm

rise wrote:Nice up-and-coming team. I think most people (myself included) thought PHX would be a front runner for Wiggins, but they have done well. Good luck

Yeah, I'm in need of a replacement SF too. We'll see what happens...Thanks for the luck!

2K Kobe wrote:Good luck with Suns! I'll be following

Hey, saw your thread last night, that layout you got going is AMAZING. Thanks for the follow!
rsType28x

Postby rsType28x on Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:28 pm

Image VS Image

>Player of the Game
Trey Burke

>Trey Burke is my player of the game. He put in 31 minutes and come up with 21 points, 5 boards, and 7 assists. He was driving the lane and drawing contact forcing the refs to blow the whistles. Burke added 9 from the charity stripe, and had 8 straight points in the 4th to put us away. Trey just proved why he belongs in the bright lights.

>This game was tight going though the first 3 quarters. Utah then had a 33 point 4th quarter to put us away, including 8 straight from my player of the game, Trey Burke. The Jazz coming off a HUGE opening night victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder, 107-99, moves to 2-0 on this young season. I thought Burks (17pts, 5rebs, vs OKC) and Kanter (18pts, 8rebs vs OKC) were going to come into this game as focal points against us coming off their great games against OKC. Instead it was Burks and Gordon Hayward that led their team against us. Hayward added 20 points and shot 4/5 from range, which helped open things up for the Jazz.

>This game came down to the turnovers. Watson had a great game with 31 points and 8 assists, but his 5 turnovers along with Bledsoe's 5 turnovers really hurt us. We had a team total of 15 turnovers, which isn't disastrous, but when the other squad only has 6, it can put you in a tough position. A bright side again was our inside defense. Okafor, Green, and Markieff Morris, all had 2 blocks a piece, respectively, and we had a team total of 12 vs the Jazz's 2.

>We move on the road for the first time this season in our next game against those very OKC Thunder that the Jazz put away.

rsType28x

Re: Phoenix Suns Association, New Era, New Look (1-1)

Postby rsType28x on Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:08 pm

Image VS Image

Turnovers, Turnovers, Turnovers... :x

>Player of the Game
Steven Adams

>Kevin Durant put up 15 points, Suns win right?...Wrong. Steven Adams put in 17 points, grabbed 6 boards, and shot 100%, 7-7 from the floor. All of that in 14 minutes of play. Adams did most of his work cleaning up for his teammates with 5 of the 6 rebounds coming on the offensive end. His effort off the Thunder bench makes Steven Adams my player of the game.

>Where to start, where to start...OKC had this game handled from the tip off, winning every quarter. The Thunder showed why they have been a playoff contender the past 4 seasons. It doesn't help that the Suns repeatedly shot themselves in the foot with 19 turnovers to OKC's 4. Matt Watson again had a horrible night handling the ball with a career high 9 of those turnovers. He did have 9 assists to go along, but still, no consolation to have that many turnovers against a team where a great game from your ball club doesn't necessarily mean win.

>Eric Bledsoe shot horribly, 5-14 and 1-5 from deep. He couldn't create as Sefolosha locked him up through out the contest. The little glimmer of light i see is Alex Len. Alex who has put up nice numbers the past couple games, had 13 points to lead the Phoenix bench on 5-9 shooting, and 3-3 from the line. Throw in 6 boards and it was a good outing for the 7'1" rookie out of Maryland. Out rebounded 49-37, stellar bench play, out scoring us 41-29, just overall, out matched. Not that it mattered, we went 9/19 from the stripe. We just cant give up free points.

>Enough of this horrible effort, the Suns take the 700 mile hike to New Orleans to take on the newly named Pelicans and their star PF Anthony Davis.

rsType28x

Re: Phoenix Suns Association, New Era, New Look (1-2)

Postby rsType28x on Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:58 pm

Image VS Image

Davis, Pelicans rally to give Suns 3rd straight loss.

>Player of the Game
Anthony Davis

>Anthony Davis is my player of the game. He tallied 24 points, 12 boards (6off) on 9-11 shooting and 6-6 from the line. The Brow was completely frustrating to deal with on offence as i couldn't stop him from scoring at will.

>Another game that slipped out from under us. We came out of the gate rocky with 7 first quarter turnovers. Watson again could not handle the ball well, having 8 turnovers through out the game. The Pelicans were held to only 33 points at the half, but with a 12-4 3rd quarter run, they got right back in it. Eric Gordon, Anthony Davis, Jrue Holiday, all had 20+ points, and they saved their best for the 4th. New Orleans rallied and took the lead with 5 minutes to play, sending us off with a 41 points 4th quarter and our 3rd straight loss.

>Eric Bledsoe had a monster game pouring in 33 points, 4 boards, and 4 assists. He unfortunately had 6 turnovers to go along with those numbers. Again Alex Len off the bench had a solid game. 12 points, 2 boards and 3 blocks on 5-7 shooting in only 9 minutes of play. We had 23 turnovers, that's unacceptable. Although i think some turnovers were bogus. There were times where i would drive and just lose the ball for almost no apparent reason. In any event, we also 57% from the line, 13-23. Thats 10 misses in an 8 point game, we cant afford to not take advantage of free points.

>Time to pack it up and head to San Antonio for the second leg of this back to back. Great.... :roll:

TOP PLAYS

phpBB [video]

rsType28x

Re: Phoenix Suns Association, New Era, New Look (1-3)

Postby Martti. on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:34 pm

Screw Tucker, give Green more minutes!
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Re: Phoenix Suns Association, New Era, New Look (1-3)

Postby rsType28x on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:35 am

Bucks, Suns agree, swap Butler and Dragic

>Today the Phoenix Suns and Milwaukee Bucks have agree to a trade involving Goran Dragic and Caron Butler. This trade sends Butler to a struggling Suns team who have lost 3 straight contests, and Dragic to a Bucks team who have their own struggles at the point guard position. Also included in the trade was a swap of 2015 1st round picks.

>For Dragic, this is a chance to become the Bucks' starting point guard after frustrations of coming off the bench behind Suns starting point guard Matt Watson. Dragic will be thrown right into the position ahead of Brandon Knight who's stock has been falling to say the least (10.3ppg, 4.3apg, 29.5mpg, 44% FG, 28% 3PT). It also sends Luke Ridnour further down the depth chart, but with Ridnour becoming an unrestricted free agent at seasons end, the Bucks seem to not have plans for him past this year.

>For the Suns, this shores up the small forward position which has been sorely lacking any kind of production whats so ever. It gets rid of Dragics 2Yr/$15.0M contract, which has a player option for the 3rd year at $7.50M, and brings in immediate improvement at SF and Butlers contract is due to expire at the end of the season. Butler, 33, will be inserted right in as the starting small forward and P.J. Tuckers' role will be severely minimized. Management has put their faith in Seth Curry to be ready and step into the back up point guard role. Fans have not been happy with Tuckers play and have been petitioning for a larger role for Gerald Green, and i think the Suns have listened.
Martti. wrote:Screw Tucker, give Green more minutes!

Phoenix Suns get,
Caron Butler
2015 1st round pick (MIL)

Image Image

Milwaukee Bucks get,
Goran Dragic
2015 1st round pick (PHX)

Image Image

>Caron Butler will make his debue against the Spurs and Goran Dragic against the Cavaliers.

>Also around the league, the Chicago Bulls have signed SG|PG Vassilis Spanoulis to a 1yr/$4.30M deal

rsType28x

Re: Phoenix Suns Association, New Era, New Look (1-3) TRADE!

Postby Martti. on Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:02 am

That's the best deal the trade finder has, I also did the same trade when I rebuilt the Suns. The Bucks will suck, so a Top 5 pick for Dragic isn't bad.

Also, Butler back where he was. :lol:

Martti.
#HeatLifer

Re: Phoenix Suns Association, New Era, New Look (1-3) TRADE!

Postby rsType28x on Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:10 am

Martti. wrote:That's the best deal the trade finder has, I also did the same trade when I rebuilt the Suns. The Bucks will suck, so a Top 5 pick for Dragic isn't bad.

Also, Butler back where he was. :lol:

Yes indeed. I've always liked Butler. Thanks for the advice on Tucker, he did absolutely nothing to help his own cause lol. Green will be playing more minutes and taking a bulk of Tuckers minutes so he can be inserted at backup SG and SF. Hopefully Butler can help me win some games!
rsType28x

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood