South Carolina Domination

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

South Carolina Domination

Postby rise on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:19 pm

RESERVED
Last edited by rise on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Re: SC DOMINATION - Coming Soon!

Postby rise on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:19 pm

Yes, this is my first story in a couple years, but I'll be starting this in the coming days! My previous long-lasting (read: lasted longer than a few weeks) story: NC Domination started almost exactly 3 years ago and was done as an NBA Live 2003 franchise. This story will be on 2k14- . :lol:

The switch from North Carolina Domination to South Carolina Domination is due to where I'm living now. Like the old story, SC will be an expansion team. More details will be revealed in the upcoming days (and probably weeks) until I actually start. I'm currently working on normalizing/completely rebuilding the utter garbage that is 2k14's roster and that's going to be a little while longer. Expect this to start around the same time as the regular season.
Last edited by rise on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Re: SC DOMINATION - Coming Soon!

Postby rise on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:34 am

Breaking News: Philadelphia 76ers Reportedly Folding; New Expansion Team Possible

After a multitude of failures in the last few years, the Philadelphia 76ers are closing down the franchise, according to ESPN. The members of these teams will be sent away in a dispersal draft in the upcoming days. Notable names such as Evan Turner, Nerlens Noel, Thaddeus Young, Spencer Hawes, and Michael Carter-Williams will be dispersed to other teams once this process begins. A lottery will take place using the same odds as the 2013 draft.

More Breaking News: Expansion Team In Columbia, SC; Will Be Called South Carolina Domination

In a surprising turn of events, a previously unknown suitor struck a deal with the NBA to open a new expansion NBA franchise, not in Seattle, not in Las Vegas, not in Kansas City, but in Columbia, South Carolina. Sandwiched between Atlanta and Charlotte, the suitor guaranteed that new team would not only be competitive quickly, but would win a championship within three years- a tall order, but current commissioner David Stern and incoming commission Adam Silver were reportedly impressed with the suitor's knowledge of the game and his unusual ability to own a team and act as both general manager and coach in the process. The suitor is actually one made famous by a popular Key & Peele feature: Hingle McCringleberry.
rise
Contributor

Re: SC DOMINATION - Enter Hingle McCringleberry

Postby rise on Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:02 pm

Breaking News: Minnesota Wins 1st Pick in 76ers Dispersal Draft

Minnesota had just a 1.7% chance of winning the pick, but they got it: the chance to select anybody from the old 76ers roster. Will it be Thaddeus Young? The raw but potential-filled Nerlens Noel? The young guards Evan Turner and Michael Carter-Williams? How about the next few teams? Orlando, the soon-to-be South Carolina Domination, Charlotte, and Cleveland- who will they pick? Here is the draft order:

1) Minnesota Nerlens Noel - the young raw defensive-minded center will start his career off the bench, and will be able to rehab his knee slowly through the early part of the season. Within a year or two, he should be a major weapon next to Kevin Love.
2) Orlando Michael Carter-Williams - the other big name Sixers rookie, this point guard should fit well with the Magic, who have a slight hole at his position. MCW will take time to transition to the NBA, but he'll get it by the time the Magic are ready to make noise.
3) South Carolina Thaddeus Young - by far the Sixers' best player, though not the one with the highest potential, Young should be a good building block for this new team moving forward. He can score and is a mismatch for most 4s in the league. Young becomes SC's first player.
4) Charlotte Evan Turner - even though Charlotte is two deep at nearly every position, you can't pass up a guy like Evan Turner, who can handle the ball effectively as a small forward. Only question is how he and MKG can co-exist. Could he be trade bait?
5) Cleveland Spencer Hawes - Hawes is extra bench depth for the inevitable Varejao and Bynum injuries that are bound to occur. You can't go wrong with him as a backup center.
6) Phoenix Arnett Moultrie - Moultrie is a young prospect that fits what Phoenix is trying to do, get younger and get bigger. Moultrie has drawn Aldridge comparisons, and that's never a bad thing.
7) New Orleans Lavoy Allen - The Pelicans do this for bench depth. They are paper thin at center, and Allen should help them out.
8) Sacramento James Anderson - Anderson's been around the league a few years, but Sacramento needs a small forward that can do anything, anything at all. Anderson is no savior, but he'll help.
9) Detroit Tony Wroten - Detroit's weak in the backcourt (unless you think Jennings is a good player or something) and Wroten is extra depth for those days when the backcourt is really really bad. He's a good prospect and should improve in the coming seasons.
10) Washington Forfeits pick - Washington didn't see anybody remaining that they liked, and decided to forfeit their pick.
11) Portland Forfeits pick - Portland didn't see anybody remaining that they liked either, and decided to forfeit their pick as well.
12) Toronto Tim Ohlbrecht - Nobody knows much about this guy, but Toronto's front court is fairly weak and the Raptors basically said "Why not?"
13) Dallas Royce White - The Mavericks decided that if Royce White was going to play anywhere, he'd sit in Dallas in hopes that he'd get over himself.
14) Utah Forfeits pick - Utah didn't see anything they liked either, so they forfeit the pick.
After the expansion draft, the first bidder outside the lottery to claim one of the remaining contracts (Kwame Brown and Jason Richardson) would receive it. Oklahoma City claimed Kwame Brown and his $2.9M contract and the Brooklyn Nets predictably claimed Jason Richardson's bloated two-year $12M contract, clearing out the last of the 76ers.
rise
Contributor

Re: SC DOMINATION - Expansion Draft

Postby rise on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:17 am

Other 29 NBA Teams Announce Unprotected Players

The South Carolina Domination expansion draft will be held in the upcoming days. The Domination will select 19 players (in addition to Thaddeus Young from the Sixers contraction draft) from other teams' benches and unwanted contracts to build their inaugural team after each of the other teams protects up to nine players already on their roster. Trades will be allowed during this period, but the Domination will only be allowed to pick one player from each team and their salary will be limited to just $45 million in the inaugural season. Here are the available players:

Current rumors:

@WojYahooNBA
Domination says no interest in overpaid players- specifically no Rudy Gay, no Joe Johnson, no Stoudemire, no Nene

@WojYahooNBA
Sources say Portland does not want to lose their young talent, may offer a draft pick to keep the Domination from picking off Blazers' roster

@WojYahooNBA
Domination has significant interest in multiple Denver and Minnesota players. could work out deal

@WojYahooNBA
Bucks want expansion draft pick, working on a deal with SC, according to multiple GMs

@WojYahooNBA
Hingle McCringleberry potential shopping Thaddeus Young after expansion draft

EXPANSION DRAFT:

October 18, 2013, 1:47 PM
@WojYahooNBA
Domination to select Josh McRoberts (CHA), Shabazz Muhammad (MIN), and Demarre Carroll (ATL) - more to come...

October 18, 2013, 1:53 PM
@WojYahooNBA
Domination also likely to select Kings guard Jimmer Fredette and Heat big man Chris Andersen

October 18, 2013, 2:02 PM
@WojYahooNBA
Warriors G Bazemore and Denver F Quincy Miller on South Carolina's radar, SC also interested in other Nuggets

October 18, 2013, 2:10 PM
@WojYahooNBA
Domination may select Rudy Gay from Raptors for trading purposes, several teams interested

October 18, 2013, 2:27 PM
@WojYahooNBA
SC working on blockbuster trade involving Clippers and Bucks, Gay may be going to LA, according to multiple sources

October 18, 2013, 2:30 PM
@WojYahooNBA
Blockbuster includes multiple expansion draft picks going to Milwaukee and Gay to LA, Dudley and prospects to SC

October 18, 2013, 2:31 PM
@WojYahooNBA
SC owner Hingle McCringleberry is a huge Dudley fan so this isn't a surprise

October 18, 2013, 2:37 PM
@WojYahooNBA
SC pick Erick Murphy (CHI), Kyle Singler (DET), and Glen Rice Jr. (WAS) for deal with Bucks

October 18, 2013, 2:41 PM
@WojYahooNBA
POR and DAL reach deals with SC. SC will get draft picks, but will not pick Mavs or Blazers in expansion draft. more details to come

October 19, 2013, 12:40 AM
@WojYahooNBA
Blockbuster involving SC, Milwaukee, Clippers is official. SC picks Gay, Murphy, Singler, and Glen Rice Jr... Gay shipped to Clippers, along with McRoberts, picked earlier by SC... Milwaukee receives Murphy, Singler, Rice Jr from SC, Deandre Jordan and Willie Green from LA... SC receives LA's Dudley, Mullens, and Bucks' Ridnour, Pachulia, and prospect Giannis Antetokounmpo

October 18, 2013, 12:48 PM
@WojYahooNBA
SC select Chris Copeland from Pacers, Anthony Morrow from Pelicans, and Perry Jones III from Thunder

October 18, 2013, 12:49 PM
@WojYahooNBA
SC reaches another three-team deal: Pachula, Ridnour, Quincy Miller to San Antonio, Boris Diaw, Matt Bonner, 2014 2nd to ORL, 2014 SA 1st, Kyle O'Quinn to SC, SC then selects Mills from SA, and E'Twaun Moore from Orlando

October 27, 2013, 9:49 PM
@WojYahooNBA
6'7 PG Shaun Livingston (Brooklyn) already on flight to Columbia after being selected.

October 27, 2013, 9:59 PM
@WojYahooNBA
Speaking of BRK... multiple scources reporting BRK will send draft picks, J-Rich to SC for E'Twaun Moore

October 27, 2013, 10:03 PM
@WojYahooNBA
Also Perry Jones, Demarre Carroll, Mason Plumlee to Grizzlies, Fab Melo, Quincy Pondexter to BRK, Memphis 1st to SC

October 27, 2013, 10:13 PM
@WojYahooNBA
SC selects Gerald Green, deal in the works

October 27, 2013, 10:20 PM
@WojYahooNBA
SC will send picks from SA, MEM, and BRK along with Gerald Green for 2014 1st from Charlotte and Stiemsma. Charlotte gets the 3 late 1sts, Eric Gordon, and Jason Smith for Ben Gordon, Evan Turner, Jeff Adrien and their own first. New Orleans gets Turner, Green, Eric Gordon, and Adrien

October 27, 2013, 10:26 PM
@WojYahooNBA
SC will take Jan Vesely from Washington, will also trade them Stiemsma for a 2nd round pick

October 27, 2013, 10:33 PM
@WojYahooNBA
Sources say Vesely will go to Utah, traded along with Copeland, Richardson, Fredette and 2015 1st from BRK for Gordon Hayward, Rudy Gobert and the contracts of Andris Biedrins and Jeremy Evans, Hayward reported to go to Charlotte along with a 2nd, Gobert to SC, Bobcats will send Jeff Taylor and Bismack Biyombo to SC

October 27, 2013, 10:46 PM
@WojYahooNBA
SC will trade Biedrins for Pistons PG Will Bynum, as the second to last deal before the season. Hingle McCringleberry wants a starting point guard in the final deal
Last edited by rise on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 15 times in total.
rise
Contributor

Re: South Carolina Domination - Thaddeus Young + Expansion D

Postby Its_asdf on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:20 am

I like that you selected Muhammad! He's been getting shit on quite a lot lately from the media but I would really like to see him succeed. It's always sad to see a highly touted highschool prospect have their stock plummet.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Vespasian92 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:49 am

Hmm, maybe you can make Jimmer work. You've got some other young players I like too, namely PJ3 and O'Quinn. Looking forward to this :)
Vespasian92

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:02 pm

Hingle McCringleberry :lol: ...Most epic dynasty/association ever
qfrmcpt310

Postby rise on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:55 pm

Its_asdf wrote:I like that you selected Muhammad! He's been getting shit on quite a lot lately from the media but I would really like to see him succeed. It's always sad to see a highly touted highschool prospect have their stock plummet.
I do like Shabazz and think he'll be a really good player if he ever gets his head on straight.

Vespasian92 wrote:Hmm, maybe you can make Jimmer work. You've got some other young players I like too, namely PJ3 and O'Quinn. Looking forward to this :)

Traded all but O'Quinn, but hey, Jimmer's in Utah! :D

qfrmcpt310 wrote:Hingle McCringleberry :lol: ...Most epic dynasty/association ever
I spent forever deciding between Hingle McCringleberry, Donkey Teeth, and Tyroil Smoochie-Wallace. Assuming you watch Key & Peele otherwise this makes no sense. :lol:
rise
Contributor

Postby rise on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:04 pm

Current Roster:

Bismack Biyombo/Chris Andersen/Rudy Gobert
Thaddeus Young/Byron Mullens/Kyle O'Quinn
Jeffery Taylor/Giannis Antetokounmpo/Shabazz Muhammad
Jared Dudley/Anthony Morrow/Kent Bazemore
Will Bynum/Patrick Mills/Shaun Livingston

Hingle McCringleberry has decided that some combination of up to three of Will Bynum, Kyle O'Quinn, Patrick Mills, Shaun Livingston, Chris Andersen, Kent Bazemore, and one of the 1st rounds received in other trades, will be moved for a starting point guard. Which point guard are the Domination getting and which combination of players are being moved?
Last edited by rise on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
rise
Contributor

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:12 pm

rise wrote:I spent forever deciding between Hingle McCringleberry, Donkey Teeth, and Tyroil Smoochie-Wallace. Assuming you watch Key & Peele otherwise this makes no sense. :lol:

I would've went with Javaris Jamar Javarison-Lamar or J'Dinkalage Morgoone :lol:

and I'm gonna guess it's Damian Lillard
qfrmcpt310

Postby rise on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:22 pm

qfrmcpt310 wrote:
rise wrote:I spent forever deciding between Hingle McCringleberry, Donkey Teeth, and Tyroil Smoochie-Wallace. Assuming you watch Key & Peele otherwise this makes no sense. :lol:

I would've went with Javaris Jamar Javarison-Lamar or J'Dinkalage Morgoone :lol:

and I'm gonna guess it's Damian Lillard

haha. But Javaris Jamar Javarison-Lamar is a lot to type. :lol:

Aim a little bit lower than Lillard. I said not a star, not anything close to it. :lol:
rise
Contributor

Re: South Carolina Domination

Postby rise on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:19 am

Domination Trade For PG Dennis Schroeder

Just hours before the opening tip-off against the Detroit Pistons, the Domination shipped off a 1st round pick obtained from Portland, Will Bynum, and Chris Andersen to the Atlanta Hawks for rookie point guard Dennis Schroeder and high-flying two-guard Jared Cunningham. Schroeder is expected to drive up to Columbia, three hours away from Atlanta and start at point guard tonight against the Pistons before even meeting his teammates.
rise
Contributor

Re: South Carolina Domination

Postby rise on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:06 pm

Opening Roster:

Bismack Biyombo/Rudy Gobert/Kyle O'Quinn
Thaddeus Young/Byron Mullens
Jeffery Taylor/Giannis Antetokounmpo/Shabazz Muhammad
Jared Dudley/Anthony Morrow/Jared Cunningham/Kent Bazemore
Dennis Schroeder/Shaun Livingston/Patrick Mills
rise
Contributor

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood