LA Clippers 2012-13

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

LA Clippers 2012-13

Postby yeahnah on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:07 pm

Fellas.

I doubt any of you blokes remember me but I used to be active here a bit over a year ago. I stopped following basketball and I hadn't watched a single game this past season except for game 6 & 7 of the finals, which has inspired me to try and follow the game again. I thought the best way to do so was start an association with a team that I don't follow but am rather fond of.

Cheers

- - -

Season Length: 29 Games
Game Length: 10 minutes
Sim Game Length: 12
Team Chemistry: Off
Morale: Off
Trade Override: Off
Player Roles: Off
Playoff Format: 3-5-7-7

I'll get the team etc. up later
yeahnah

Re: LA Clippers 2012-13

Postby yeahnah on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:07 pm

LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2012-13 ROSTER

CHRIS PAUL
#3 PG
6' 0", 175 lbs
Born: May 6, 1985 in Winston-salem, NC (Age: 27)
Drafted: 2005: 1st Rnd, 4th by NO
College: Wake Forest
Experience: 6 years

CHAUNCEY BILLUPS
#1 G
6' 3", 210 lbs
Born: Sep 25, 1976 in Denver, CO (Age: 35)
Drafted: 1997: 1st Rnd, 3rd by BOS
College: Colorado
Experience: 14 years

CARON BUTLER
#5 SF
6' 7", 228 lbs
Born: Mar 13, 1980 in Racine, WI (Age: 31)
Drafted: 2002: 1st Rnd, 10th by MIA
College: Connecticut
Experience: 9 years

BLAKE GRIFFIN
#32 PF
6' 10", 251 lbs
Born: Mar 16, 1989 in Oklahoma City, OK (Age: 22)
Drafted: 2009: 1st Rnd, 1st by LAC
College: Oklahoma
Experience: 1 year

DEANDRE JORDAN
#6 C
6' 11", 265 lbs
Born: Jul 21, 1988 in Houston, TX (Age: 23)
Drafted: 2008: 2nd Rnd, 5th by LAC
College: Texas A&M
Experience: 3 years

-----

DEPTH:

Point Guards: Chris Paul (94) | Eric Bledsoe (66)
Shooting Guards: Chauncey Billups (82) | Jamaal Crawford (78) | Willie Green (68) | Travis Leslie (63)
Small Forwards: Caron Butler (81) | Grant Hill (77)
Power Forwards: Blake Griffin (86) | Lamar Odom (71) | Trey Tompkins (62)
Centres: Deandre Jordan (73) | Ronnie Turiaf (63) | Ryan Hollins (54)

-----
yeahnah

Postby yeahnah on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:06 pm

NLSC DRAFTEE FORM

Name:
Position:
Secondary Position:
Play Style:
Birthdate: DD/MM/YYYY
Jersey Number:
Dominant Hand:
Personality:

Height:
Weight:
Skin Tone:
Muscle Tone:
Eye Colour:

Hair Style:
Length: if applicable
Hair Colour:
Facial Hair:
Facial Hair Colour:

Accessories:

5 Strengths:
5 Weaknesses:

Shoe Brand:
Shoe Style:
Shoe Colours: if custom

Please get these in ASAP so I can add some before the end of the season.
yeahnah

Postby yeahnah on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:07 pm

CLIPPER INTERNAL SCRIMMAGE REVIEW

The LA Clippers held an open scrimmage with press allowed to be in attendance. Scores and statistics were not kept with the intention being on each players familiarizing themselves with the rest of the team. The two squads were shuffled a bit in order to produce an even flow of the game. Following is a quick summary of the events that occurred, with top players and notable moments being recorded:

TEAM ONE: Paul | Billups | Hill | Butler | Griffin
TEAM TWO: Bledsoe | Crawford | Odom | Jordan | Turiaf

- Caron Butler starred on the day, his penetration and his ability beyond the arc was key. He also made several great defensive stops.
    - Blake Griffin absolutely killed Ronnie Turiaf. Turiaf was unable to gather more than approximately three rebounds in about twenty minutes and Griffin found easy buckets in the paint
    - Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups played good ball together, linked up with Butler and Griffin well
    - Grant Hill was spectacularly average, missed open shots and was dominated by Odom

IN THE PENTHOUSE: Butler, Billups, Crawford
IN THE OUTHOUSE: Hill, Turiaf

-----

Overall it was a solid outing for the Clips and it shapes to be a solid season for them. The main difficulty will most likely be found in stringing together wins and the ability to nab close wins on the road. Their opening game shapes up to be a cracker against the Golden State Warriors where they will hopefully be able to rain on Bogut and Curry's parade and kick off their season with a big win. They play just three games for the month, with the Warriors and Pistons followed by a massive game against the New York Knicks.
yeahnah

Postby yeahnah on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:58 pm

DEFENCE, TURNOVERS LEAD TO CLIPPERS OPENING NIGHT' LOSS
LA CLIPPERS (0-0) @ GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS (0-0)
- 6th of November, 2012

The Clippers have gone down in their first game of the season in a disappointing 15 points loss to the Golden State Warriors. Stephen Curry was rightfully awarded Player of the Game as he lead his team to the 117-102 point win at home. The game was in the balance for the majority of the game, however the Clips were forced to play catch up a lot of the time, their biggest lead being just five points in the opening quarter. Curry flirted with a triple double was supported well by Jarrett Jack and big men Andrew Bogut and David Lee, who too often found easy penetration and open three-pointers. The turnover count killed the Clippers, who gave away 10 in comparison to the Warriors 3.

On the lighter side for the Clips, Caron Butler dominated his matchup, first-gamer rookie Harrison Barnes. Barnes was held to just 4 points in 28 minutes of game time and could not contain Butler defensively who scored buckets from all over the floor. Chris Paul and Blake Griffin were both especially good, both nabbing double doubles in assists and rebounds respectively. Chauncey Billups also supported well and Jamaal Crawford provided a small spark from the bench.

LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS: 27 | 28 | 24 | 23 | 102
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS: 29 | 32 | 30 | 26 | 115

TOP PERFORMERS:

Stephen Curry: 36 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assists
Jarrett Jack: 21 points, 5 assists
David Lee: 21 points
Chris Paul: 19 points, 10 assists
Caron Butler: 26 points
Blake Griffin: 18 points, 10 rebounds
DeAndre Jordan: 4 blocks

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

- Oden to Kings; Barbosa to Cleveland
- Durant scores 10,000 career point against Suns
- Dirk, Garnett players of the week
yeahnah

Postby yeahnah on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:09 pm

CLIPPERS BEAT DETROIT; WIN FIRST HOME GAME

The Clippers have beaten the Detroit Pistons in their first home game of the season, winning 106-102. Chris Paul scored 31 points and managed 7 assists and 6 rebounds. Blake Griffin amassed an amazing 26 points and 20 rebounds. The Clippers now have to face the big task of playing the Knicks at the Madison Square Garden, which shapes up as a tough game for the Clips to end the month of November. It will take a big effort from stalwarts Griffin, Paul and Butler to give the LA Clippers a win against the Knicks who are coming off the back of a loss against the Minnesota Timberwolves. The Knicks have since then signed Kenyon Martin to bolster their squad.

[size=150]AROUND THE LEAGUE:

- Bellinelli out for 6-8 weeks with broken ankle
- Raptors lock in Calderon and DeRozan with extensions
- Josh Smith yet to sign extension; "Money talks"
- Spurs top power rankings for second straight week
- Kevin Love - "Minnesota's time is now"[/quote]
yeahnah

Postby yeahnah on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:08 pm

AMAR'E LEADS KNICKS TO FIRST WIN OF THE SEASON
LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS (1-1) @ NEW YORK KNICKS (0-1)
- 12 of November, 2012

On the back of an amazing third quarter, the New York Knicks have prevailed over the Clippers in a high scoring 122-115 affair. The Clippers burst out of the blocks in the first quarter to have a lead of nine points after five minutes, partly due to DeAndre Jordan's twelve points in the first term. However the Knicks pulled it back and turned the first half into a shot-for-shot contest, with just a point separating the two at the end of the first. The Clippers successfully banged the ball in low for the first half which gave them a three point lead at the break.

Then the floodgates opened.

Led by big man and player of the game Amar'e Stoudemire the Knicks went on a rampaging 16-6 run to start the third quarter, however the Clips grinded down the lead and shifted the momentum towards the end of the quarter, led by Chris Paul who dropped three treys in the stanza. The Knickerbockers were able to keep a six point lead going into the last, which would've been bigger had Chauncey Billups not beat the buzzer from downtown as time expired. Thus, a close an intense quarter was set up and remained that way until the final two minutes. Again, New York were able to build a sizable run and succesfully shut down Jordan and Blake Griffin in the paint. Iman Shumpert played a major role in building the lead as he was clutch from deep. Carmelo Anthony had a quiet night, however almost completely negated Caron Butler who was not able to make double digits. Another big story was Chauncey Billups' very poor shooting night. Billups shot just 2-11 including his one great three at the end of the third. Yet another issue was the way that the Clippers spent too long trying to find shots and were often forced to chuck up poor jumpers as the shot clock expired.

LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS: 27 | 29 | 28 | 31 | 115
NEW YORK KNICKS: 28 | 25 | 34 | 35 | 122

{NOTE - for some reason my box scores have gone completely missing?? Even when I check player cards their 'previous games' sections are blank? Also sorry for the short recaps, a November recap will be up and it should be a bit for sizable. Cheers}
yeahnah

Postby Durant35 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:24 pm

Great games, great presentation, great everything. I will apply for the draft. :D

Name: Hans Antonio
Position: PG
Secondary Position: SG
Play Style: Scoring
Birthdate: 22/03/93
Jersey Number: 22
Dominant Hand: Right
Personality: Laid Back

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 157lbs
Skin Tone: Yellowish (3rd or 2nd lightest I think)
Muscle Tone: Buff
Eye Colour: Brown

Hair Style: Messy
Hair Colour: Black

Accessories: Knee sleeves on both knees, medium socks

5 Strengths: Can shoot from the mid-range area, finishing skills, defensive mentality, energy player, athletic
5 Weaknesses: Sometimes disappears from the game, lacks confidence to shoot, average stamina, raw offense, can't create his own shot

Shoe Brand: Nike
Shoe Style: KD V
Shoe Colours: Team Colors
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Postby yeahnah on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:07 pm

Durant35 - Cheers mate, appreciate your feedback.

Intended to put a November recap up tonight but got sidetracked with an amazing Wallabies win. The recap style is probably lifted from several other writers so a shoutout in advance to the greatest writers like Sit, The X, hova etc.

Should all be up later tonight.
yeahnah

Postby yeahnah on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:45 pm

NOVEMBER RECAP: PART ONE
LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS (1-2)
- Tough start to the season leaves Clippers asking questions

A mixed month has left the Clippers languishing in the bottom end of the Western Conference to start the season. Defense was the key issue for the 'other' LA team who struggled to stop easy baskets both in the paint and outside the perimeter. A fifteen point loss to the Golden State Warriors and a seven point loss to the New York Knicks exemplifies this fact, as the Clippers opponents scored both 117 and 122 respectively. A hard-earned four point win against Detroit was the only highlight for the Clips in quite a poor month for them. The Clips have really struggled to shut down key players, as shown by Stephen Curry notching up thirty-six points and Amar'e Stoudemire also scoring a solid thirty points. The Clippers have had no troubles offensively and are able to score totals that are high enough to win games, however allowing opponents to score more than thirty points consistently has created an inability to win against the better offensive sides.

However after just three games there is no need to despair and start counting down the time to next season as the month of December features quite a favourable schedule. A seven game home stand which goes into the second half of January features match ups against teams such as the Charlotte Bobcats and the New Orleans Hornets, however it ends with a back-to-back stand against last years finalists, the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Miami Heat. If the Clippers are able to defeat the easier sides then they are looking at a low seed in the playoffs however they will definitely need to knock off some of the higher quality teams in order to make some noise in the West this year.

The major narrative coming out of Clipper Nation - will Chris Paul resign? Paul becomes an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year and has publicly stated that he is leaning towards testing the free agency market, which leads to the major rumour - will the star point guard be traded? Although the Clippers are set at the four, it has been rumoured that they are interested in acquiring the services of Minnesota Timberwolves star Kevin Love as well as several other assets. Love is averaging 19.4ppg and 12.8rpg and would be a major benefactor for the Clipper squad. Another common rumour is attempting to bring sophomore guard Ricky Rubio to the Clippers with Love. Rubio is only just back from an ACL injury he sustained last March and again could be a great assistance to the Clippers leading into the future. Several other suggestions have been brought around and the Clippers board feel as though it is imperative to receive assets for Paul instead of letting him leave for free agency. The Clips could let Paul walk and build their cap room for the massive 2014 free agency period which features the likes of James, Anthony, Bosh and several other big names.

CLIP'S GETTING AMONGST IT

Chris Paul:
25.7ppg (5th in league), 7.7apg (14th in league)

Blake Griffin:
12.3rpg (3rd in league), 4.7orpg (1st in league), .725FG% (1st in league)

DeAndre Jordan:
.710FG% (2nd in league)

UPCOMING SCHEDULE:
Vote for the games you want to see recapped

1st of December, 2012 - vs Indiana Pacers
6th of December, 2012 - vs Charlotte Bobcats
21st of December, 2012 - vs New Orleans Hornets
29th of December, 2012 - vs Utah Jazz
yeahnah

Postby yeahnah on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:44 pm

NOVEMBER RECAP: PART TWO
AROUND THE LEAGUE
Lakers, Thunder atop league after one month

The first month is down and the season is shaping up to yet again be one of the greatest on record. Let's start with the news that every basketball fan wants to hear - the Miami Heat are coming thirteenth in the East. That's right - thirteenth! Their record stands at 1-4 and they are in the midst of a four game skid, losing to the Bucks, Jazz, Pistons and Celtics in that order. The championship defense has definitely not gone to plan so far for LeBron and his Heat. Adversely, their opponents from last years finals, the Oklahoma City Thunder, are tied with the LA Lakers for first place in the league with a record of 5-1. OKC have been gallantly led by Kevin Durant, who yet again is on track for another scoring title. Other surprises feature the Chicago Bulls sitting in tied last place with the Toronto Raptors, both teams yet to win a game. The Bulls are at 0-2, so it should not take long for them to gather some steam and make some serious noise. Several free agents have been signed and several players have been given another chance in the league, such as Darko Milicic going to the Brooklyn Nets and Greg Oden going to the Sacramento Kings, both on one year contracts. Good news on the injury front is that the only player with a season ending injury is Brendan Haywood, the seven footer going down sadly with a torn MCL.

STANDINGS
These appear a bit bugged but this is just how it is in game

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Oklahoma City Thunder (5-1)
Los Angeles Lakers (5-1)
Golden State Warriors (3-0)
Denver Nuggets (4-1)
Dallas Mavericks (4-2)'
Minnesota Timberwolves (3-2)
Sacramento Kings (4-4)
San Antonio Spurs (1-1)
-----
Portland Trailblazers (3-3)
Phoenix Suns (2-2)
Los Angeles Clippers (1-2)
Memphis Grizzlies (2-4)
Utah Jazz (2-4)
Houston Rockets (2-4)
New Orleans Hornets (1-4)

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Washington Wizards (4-1)
New York Knicks (3-1)
Boston Celtics (4-2)
Orlando Magic (4-3)
Brooklyn Nets (2-2)
Philadelphia 76ers (2-2)
Indiana Pacers (2-2)
Detroit Pistons (3-3)
-----
Charlotte Bobcats (3-3)
Cleveland Cavaliers (1-4)
Atlanta Hawks (2-4)
Chicago Bulls (0-2)
Milwaukee Bucks (2-5)
Miami Heat (1-4)
Toronto Raptors (0-4)

LEAGUE LEADERS

POINTS PER GAME:

Kobe Bryant (LAL) - 29.3
Carmelo Anthony (NYK) - 28.8
Kevin Durant (OKC) - 28.7
Danny Granger (IND) - 27.7
Chris Paul (LAC) - 25.7

REBOUNDS PER GAME

Kevin Love (MIN) - 12.8
Kevin Durant (OKC) - 12.7
Blake Griffin (LAC) - 12.3
Anderson Varejao (CLE) - 11.3
Kevin Garnett (BOS) - 10.7

ASSISTS PER GAME

Rajon Rondo (BOS) - 11.2
Steve Nash (LAL) - 11.0
Darren Collison (DAL) - 10.3
Mike Conley (MEM) - 9.5
Jason Kidd (NYK) - 9.3

LATEST HEADLINES:

GARNETT: "I WANT TO GO HOME"

He is referred to as the most intense and fiery player in the game and also one of the most loyal, but in one of most shocking storylines of the season Kevin Garnett wants a move to his hometown of Chicago, Illinois. Garnett was born and raised in South Carolina, however after accusations of 'lynching' and assault Garnett moved with his mother to Chicago, where he attended Farragut Academy and later become arguably the most successful prep-to-pro player in NBA history. KG held a press conference where he stated "I love everything about Boston and being apart of the Celtics, but I just feel like I need to be home. Chicago has given me everything in life and I'm extremely thankful for that, and I feel like I need to give a little back to the city that has made me who I am.

Garnett was drafted at number five in the 1995 NBA draft by the Minnesota Timberwolves, a team he spent twelve seasons with. When queried about a possible return to Minnesota, he stated, "I'll never forget my time there, it was amazing. Competing for a title in 2004 was the pinnacle of my career with the Wolves, and while I would readily jump on a flight and suit up for them I don't feel as if my life is heading in that direction."

The Big Ticket was named Eastern Conference Player of the Week for the first week of the season, and has led the aging Celtics to a 4-2 record. It is believed that the '04 MVP is not chasing a ring and wants to move to Chicago only for financial reasons. The Bulls are yet to comment on the situation, however a lineup featuring Derrick Rose alongside KG is definitely one that would intimidate any team.

JOSH MCROBERTS BEGINS RELATIONSHIP WITH KARDASHIAN, METTA ISN'T HAPPY

The phrase 'punching above your weight' gets thrown around often. But if you're looking for an example where it is true, look no further than Josh McRoberts and Kim Kardashian.

Kardashian, who has just come out of a seventy-two day marriage with Kris Humphries, continues her fascination with tall white boys by allegedly dating the second string power forward. Normally, news like this is irrelevant, however the outburst of starting Lakers' forward Metta World Peace has led to rumours of unrest amongst the league leading side.

"Man, this is ridiculous," World Peace was quoted, "a little white boy like him bringin' unwanted press to the best team in the league. Get him outta here."

More on this story will follow and it appears that we have uncovered some turmoil in Laker land.

NOTE: future recaps will feature award races and draftees for next year, it's too early in the season for that. That's all for the first monthly recap and I think we all agree when I say there's room for improvement. Cheers.
yeahnah

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood