[2-1] “A New Horizon” • S01E03 @ Magic

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: [0-1] “A New Horizon” • S01E01 vs. Warriors

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:10 am

Mark. wrote:So are you starting from 2012-2013 or 2013-2014?

Good luck, #following #Thierry (Y)

2012-13. I'm gonna try to do the NCAA again like in the Spurs association, with Noel, McLemore, and perhaps some of you :cheeky:

hiteshom wrote:Haha, sorry, I put lol cause you posted like 20 different posts, but I'll be following. Good luck.

It's ok man, welcome aboard then!

SuperHueyNewton wrote:Good luck, kinda makes me want to go update my Suns no :P

How's that team going? Any players I should look for?

mp3 wrote:Goodluck with this one man!

Thanks a lot man!

Phil89 wrote:Having cap space in 2014 could work out amazingly for you. LeBron moving to Arizona? :cheeky:

Yep that's the idea. LeBron here would be spectacular.

Vespasian92 wrote:Hmm, interesting challenge with Phoenix. You don't really have a young potential star on the roster like some other developing teams. I'm curious to see if Johnson or Marshall will surprise and be valuable. Looking forward to this one :)

Thanks man. Johnson ends his contract this season, and he will be gone, I can tell you that right now :lol: Marshall, I'm not sure yet. I might look for an experienced point guard in any trades.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Blazing Saddles (1974), Signs (2002), The Other (1972) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby hova- on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:30 pm

Good stuff. You will lose a lot I guess, but it's important to get a feel for players like Beasley or Scola who could definitely turn out to help you in the long run.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Valor on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:03 am

hova- wrote:Good stuff. You will lose a lot I guess, but it's important to get a feel for players like Beasley or Scola who could definitely turn out to help you in the long run.

That (Y) Between a high draft pick and eventual free agency this could get turned around very quickly.
Let the tanking begin! :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Axel The Great on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:02 am

With the Suns, I know you'll give your fellow countryman Scola a lot of burn. I see he had a great game against the Warriors, but Dragic had to get it going to win that one.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Martti. on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:29 pm

Tank, tank, tank! And if you can take Noel, don't pass on him like the real-life Suns did.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:30 pm

Good luck with this one. Great to see you starting a new story! :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

[1-1] “A New Horizon” • S01E02 vs. Pistons

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:27 am

Pistons 114, Suns 119: Dragic, Gortat bounce back in style; beat Pistons in thriller
Game Preview | Starting Lineups /// Detroit | Phoenix | Team Stats
James Wilshere, Arizona Republic | November 2, 2012

PHOENIX (Arizona) -- Phoenix's stars came up big as Goran Dragic, Marcin Gortat and Luis Scola all collected double-doubles in the Suns' beating of the Detroit Pistons, 119-114 on Friday night. The Suns had their way thanks to their inside power, with Gortat, Scola and Jermaine O'Neal leading the cause: 20, 15 and 12 points, respectively. “He was pretty much the difference tonight,” said Gortat of O'Neal. “He's been very consistent in this game.” It's still early in the season, but O'Neal, who has been a star in his previous teams, said he's gaining confidence with each game as a reserve. “My teammates still trust me and that helps my intensity. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself.” Dragic recovered from an off-night against Golden State with a team-best 22 points to go with 15 assists.

Alvin Gentry's team also got a strong effort off the bench from Jared Dudley, who finished with 16 points and five rebounds, including two 3-pointers. The Suns were leading by 17 points at halftime but found themselves in front by only six at the start of the final frame, with Greg Monroe and Jose Calderon posting two quick 6-0 runs for Detroit. Monroe, who finished with a game-best 27 points made two free throws with 2 minutes left that put the Pistons behind by only two points; but a trey by Dudley gave the Suns the upper hand. “There's really not much to say. I guess it was just a matter of luck,” said Pistons coach Lawrence Frank. “We dig ourselves into a hole in the first half and we were successful in getting out of it in the third quarter. It was a game we should have won, but at the end, it was not enough.”

Rodney Stuckey added 23 points for Detroit, while Calderon posted 19 and eight assists. “It was a nice opportunity to get some momentum going, but we didn't answer the bell,” said Calderon. “We can't let the pressure get to us,” added Scola. “I'll tell you, it was a tough, gritty victory. It's early in the season but we have to keep pushing and moving forward.” Michael Beasley, after having a great game in the loss to the Warriors, couldn't find his shooting form, making only 4 of 15 field goals; Shannon Brown made up for him with 12 points. “I have no clue what Michael is,” said Gentry. “I just tell him to go play,” he added, causing some chuckles but also raising some eyebrows. Wesley Johnson suffered a broken foot and will be out for at least six weeks, after a strange collision with Stuckey in the second quarter. After the game, general manager Thierry Tirieux placed Johnson in the injured list and activated P.J. Tucker, just in time for next Sunday's game at Orlando.

Last edited by kibaxx7 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: [1-1] “A New Horizon” • S01E02 vs. Pistons

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:28 am

hova- wrote:Good stuff. You will lose a lot I guess, but it's important to get a feel for players like Beasley or Scola who could definitely turn out to help you in the long run.

Thanks Hov. To be honest with you, for the first time ever (for me), I think every single player could be traded. There's really no untouchables.

Valor wrote:Between a high draft pick and eventual free agency this could get turned around very quickly.
Let the tanking begin! :lol:

There are much better times ahead, this year will be tough.

Axel. wrote:With the Suns, I know you'll give your fellow countryman Scola a lot of burn. I see he had a great game against the Warriors, but Dragic had to get it going to win that one.

Thanks man, as I said to Hova, I could end up trading Scola. Dragic was great this time.

Martti. wrote:Tank, tank, tank! And if you can take Noel, don't pass on him like the real-life Suns did.

I was watching the draft and couldn't believe when they didn't pick him. If he is available, I won't hesitate. :wink:

Sit wrote:Good luck with this one. Great to see you starting a new story! :)

Thanks Will! I'm struggling with free time right now but I'll try to get this going.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Valor on Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:29 pm

#thierry wrote:
Martti. wrote:Tank, tank, tank! And if you can take Noel, don't pass on him like the real-life Suns did.

I was watching the draft and couldn't believe when they didn't pick him. If he is available, I won't hesitate. :wink:

Would you sit him out half the season with that ACL injury though? That's the biggest thing about him right now that caused him to slip in the first palce :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:22 am

Suns 89, Magic 76: Inside trio save Suns in Orlando
Game Preview | Starting Lineups /// Phoenix | Orlando | Team Stats
James Wilshere, Arizona Republic | November 4, 2012

ORLANDO (Florida) -- “We know we're a good shooting team,” said Shannon Brown to TNT's Craig Sager at halftime. “Shooters keep shooting.” Phoenix started in turbo mode by making their first five field goals, but it was their inside power that gave them the upper hand through the entire game: a 89-76 victory against the Magic in Orlando. Marcin Gortat had 23 points and six rebounds while Jermaine O'Neal set the tone again, with 10 points, three rebounds and a rejection in limited minutes. “There's no secret that when Jermaine scores inside, he's a big force,” said Suns coach Alvin Gentry. “All the press is saying he's old, but he still has it. Some times we are not feeding him the ball like we need to.” When the Suns had to hold off all the small runs by Orlando, Gortat and Marcus Morris (10 points) kept it from getting too close.

“They hit us on the mouth from the beginning and we never clicked,” said Magic forward Tobias Harris, who led his team with 15 points despite shooting 3-of-11; he was perfect from the charity stripe to make up for it. Orlando was within seven points with 8:22 left in the third quarter after Al Harrington converted a three-point play and then was awarded with two more points because of a goaltending call against Luis Scola. Jacque Vaughn's squad never got closer than six after that. “They established themselves in offense in the first half. On the defensive end, they were better down the stretch,” Vaughn admitted. Harrington scored 12 points for the Magic while Jameer Nelson added 11. Nikola Vucevic flirted with a double-double with eight points and nine boards, shooting 2-of-9.

Goran Dragic missed on a triple-double with eight points, nine rebounds and ten assists; he ended a wild sequence in which Scola, Arron Afflalo (13 points), O'Neal and Harris all wide-open shots by making his only 3-pointer of the night (1-of-8) to give the Suns a nine-point lead. “It was close early on,” said Gortat. “The game became interesting in the second quarter but then our defense was able to shine. We were completely focused.” Gortat scored nine straight points midway through the final quarter, finishing the feat with a fadeaway jumper he made despite getting fouled by Vucevic. That even prompted coach Gentry to get off the bench and celebrate. Scola had eight points while Jared Dudley went scoreless, just a game after contributing with 16 in the Suns' win against Detroit. Phoenix flies to Miami tomorrow; the Heat are still undefeated at 3-0.

Last edited by kibaxx7 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: [2-1] “A New Horizon” • S01E03 @ Magic

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:25 am

Valor wrote:Would you sit him out half the season with that ACL injury though? That's the biggest thing about him right now that caused him to slip in the first palce :wink:

Well, he's not injured here :wink: But I would sit him out to keep it realistic, of course.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Previous

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood