The Story of Riley Gisseman

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

The Story of Riley Gisseman

Postby Hiteshom on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:28 am

Ok here we go. I am going to sim this year, because the below stuff is supposed to take place in around early June 2013. I will post what happened that season though.

82 games
9 minutes in a regular game
11 minutes in a simmed game
CPU trades are allowed
Preseason is on (Will be simmed)
The playoffs will be played in a 7-7-7-7 format
I will play one game per week and sim the rest

IF YOU WANT TO BE IN THE DRAFT PLEASE POST BELOW

Code: Select all
First and last name:

Position:

Play style ( all-around,back to basket, scoring):

Secondary position:

College/from:

Birthday:

Jersey #:

Dominant hand:

Personality:

Height:

Weight:

Ethnicity:

Muscle tone:

Eye color:

Picture of a face:

Accessories:

Tattoos:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Signature Skills:

Any signature shots, dunks:
Last edited by Hiteshom on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:06 am, edited 6 times in total.
Hiteshom

Re: The Story of Riley Gisseman

Postby Hiteshom on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:58 am

All-Time Team

Trey Burke (2013-present)Alec Burks (2013-present)Gordon Hayward (2013-present)
Derrick Favors (2013-present)Enes Kanter (2013-present)Nolan Smith (2013-present)
Randy Foye(2013-present)Yi Jainlain (2013-present)David Stockton (2013-present)
Marvin Williams(2013-present)Terrence Williams(2013-present)Roy Hibbert (2013-present)
Stephen Jackson (2013)Al Jefferson (2013)

All-Stars

none

Rookie Challenge Participants

Trey Burke

Award Winners

none

Team Selections

none

These are based on what happens inside this story. Past All-Stars, award winners etc won't be taken into account.

Special Thanks to Kenny for the grid above
Last edited by Hiteshom on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:15 am, edited 6 times in total.
Hiteshom

Postby Hiteshom on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:14 am

Man, I could feel it again, I could feel it soaring from my highest hair to the tip of my toes. All I really care about is, I could feel it, and, like many other times, it came suddenly. What others call it is "Catching fire" or "Getting hot" but I knew it was more than that. This was a feeling where if I even got the ball it would go in. And it wasn't only a feeling, it was confidence, skill, and what I would describe as destiny to get this feeling on. I was in my freshman year in college, attending the University of Oregon, and it had had been a blast. Our team however, had had a laughable season, with a 10-23 record, but we were here nonetheless. Yes, that is right, for the second year in a row we were in the Pac-12 conference finals game, and we had to earn our way there too, by winning our way through the tournament. But anyways, there was no denying it, I, just like this year's team, had gotten hot, making the Ducks come back from down 12 with 3 minutes left by nailing three 3 point shots. That whole time remembering my dream, and how many times I had been told that "You're worse than half the people at your middle school, you'll never make it." Or "There is no way you can make the pro's, you barely even made the High-school JV team"

And that is my motivation. That is what keeps me moving. That is why I do what I do. I prove anybody, and I mean anybody, who says I can't succeed wrong.

I am Riley Gisseman, and this is my story.
Last edited by Hiteshom on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hiteshom

Postby Hiteshom on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:50 am

The crowd is buzzing, as the buzzer sounds for the timeout to end, and my coach is yelling out some final what if's as my teammate runs to the ref to inbound the ball. It simply happened so fast, so forgive me if I leave out details. This would likely be the last play of the conference finals, and I could feel the butterflies setting in. We were down 65-67 and had 13 seconds on the clock. Before I knew it he slipped the ball through the defenders to me, I got doubled, pulled a couple of moves to get past half court and looked up at the clock. 4 seconds. Next thing I knew I was back at my house in my driveway, shoveling snow so I could play ball the next day when the water dried up. Time sped forward and I was back in the finals game, 3 seconds left and I was at the right wing. In slow motion I transferred back to 2005 when I first developed my stepback right in front of a pro whose name means nothing now. "Mom, Mom, Mom! He said I had talent, Mom!" I felt my body slowly driving towards the basket, and felt my defender leaning backwards as well, 2.1 seconds, I had to pull my stepback now. The shot flew off my hand as easily as it ever had.
The crowd erupts.

"You guys know that this is the game of your life" The coach yelled at us in the locker room, prepping for the NCAA tournament game against Cinncinnatti. We had snagged a round of 68 berth by winning the Pac 12 tournament, and were playing to see who got to play the number 2 seed Duke in the round of 64. "Go out and play like I know you can. You guys are winners!" It is just the opening moments of the game and I go up for a aerial assist, much like Derrick Rose did on the play he go injured, And just like Rose, I came down hard, heard something and felt something pop, and immediately knew my career as a basketball player was over. I had been predicted to get drafted in the top 10. We lost the game by a big margin without me on the floor, while I got checked. It turned out that I had suffered tearing my ACL, fractured my plattella (Knee cap) and tore my MCL. My career would definitely never get back on the road.
Last edited by Hiteshom on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hiteshom

Postby Hiteshom on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:17 am

After my injury I was hired by Oregon to be a trainer for the men that needed work on their dribbling. I began rehab after around 10 months in a wheelchair and multiple surgeries, Oregon moved me to a scout, and I was off in my new direction, Basketball Scouting and Managing. After 2 seasons as scout for Oregon and bringing them to the Sweet Sixteen once through my well scouted All-American I brought in, I was called up by Greg Miller, Owner of the Utah Jazz, asking to meet with him tomorrow in his office. It was summer break so I was back in my parents house in Utah and I didn't need a plane flight. When I reached his office he told me to sit down.
I sat down with my heart pounding hard.

Gisseman: Hey, thanks for having me, sir.

Miller: No problem, I admire the story you have and would like you to tell me it.

Slowly I tell him the details of how I grew up in Utah, went to Oregon on a scholarship, led my team to the Big Dance, and described my injury. I told him about my new jobs at Oregon and that I had been doing well there.

Miller: Well, I called you in here for a reason obviously. So I might as well just get to the point.

Gisseman: Oh, please do.

Miller: I would like you to become the new Assistant General Manager of the Utah Jazz. You will be working with Dennis Lindsey and Senior Vice President of Basketball Operations Kevin O'Conner.

My heart falls a little bit as I was hoping he would give me the Head Coach Position or at Least General Manager.

Gisseman: It would be an honor. I really admire the young guys on the team too, Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward, Alec Burks, and Enes Kanter.

Miller: Do well and I could promote you to the GM, or maybe even Head Coach.

I realize that just then that John Stockton, My long time Idol, enters the room. He nods at me and takes a seat in front of Greg.

Stockton: I got your call about the Assistant coaching job.

Miller: Yeah, we could really use a good Assistant Coach. Passing Coach for whatever Point Guard we pick up in the draft in paticular

Stockton: Well, I know I've said every time I've been asked in my past that I wouldn't become a coach, but I really think I could, and I could do well.

Miller: So you'll take the job?

Stockton: Of course I'll take the Job.

Miller: Great! I expect a lot out of you guys. Do well.

Gisseman: Yeah thank you so much.

I walk out of the room to find John Stockton trying to catch up to me.

Stockton: You should know that my son is playing at the University of Gonzaga right now.

Gisseman: Of course I know that. I think he is extremely good too. He could go pro.

Stockton: Yeah, well, I think we can make him into something really special. If you still have the chance, draft him in the first round of this year's draft.

Gisseman: Well, I don't know, I'll have to talk to Kevin O'Conner and Dennis Lindsey about it.

Stockton: Don't question my authority. I am telling you, draft my son.

With that my childhood idol walked off leaving me with a choice to make. I knew his son likely wasn't anything more than a late-second round pick in next round draft. But if I don't get Lindsey to draft him then I could have a very strong voice in the organization against me, not to mention, my favorite basketball player ever.
Last edited by Hiteshom on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hiteshom

Postby Andrew_Wiggins on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:10 am

First and last name: MarShon Dex

Position: SG

Play style ( all-around,back to basket, scoring): Athletic

Secondary position: SF

College/from: Marquette

Birthday: 02/20/92

Jersey #: 66

Dominant hand: Left

Personality: Laid Back

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 200

Ethnicity: African-American

Muscle tone: Ripped

Eye color: Blue

Picture of a face: just like Rashad Mccants

Accessories: Powerweb Arm Sleeve (Left arm)

Tattoos: Tattoo 2 (right arm)

Strengths: Crazy athleticism. Deep 3 point range. Remarkable passer for a 2 guard.

Weaknesses: Turns it over much too often. Weak defender. Inability to finish around the rim well.

Any signature shots, dunks: Shot form: D. Rose | Base: 32
Future king of the NBA.
Andrew_Wiggins

Postby Hiteshom on Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 am

Simmed Season Report.
And Draft Lottery

As you see above, the Bobcats came out the lucky winners for this year's draft lottery,
The Hawks jumped up 3 spots, Bobcats jumped up 1 and the Cavs jumped up one spot,
While the Magic dropped 3 and Trail Blazers 2
Hiteshom

Postby Hiteshom on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:13 am

Wow, really only one NLSC'er? I guess I will move on then.
Hiteshom

Postby Andrew_Wiggins on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:21 am

MEEEEE!!!
Future king of the NBA.
Andrew_Wiggins

Postby Hiteshom on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:30 am

haha yep, your projected to go lotto btw
Hiteshom

Postby Andrew_Wiggins on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:09 am

Nice! I hope I get on the Jazz but I doubt it!
Future king of the NBA.
Andrew_Wiggins

Postby Hiteshom on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:26 pm

Man, the off-season was crazy, and it all went so fast. After I was signed I wasn't much of a voice in the Jeremy Evans waive, as I was against it. But in the draft it wasn't too hard to convince Dennis Lindsey to draft David Stockton, he really just gave me the pick in the Second round, so John Stockton and I are cool. Dennis also told me the day after I was signed that he would likely play some "Moneyball" with Ty Corbin because Ty wouldn't play the young guys to save his life, and that if he gets fired than I should be ready. He had me talk to the Trail Blazer's GM when we dealt during the draft. It worked out perfectly because we could start Trey. We really believe he can do something for us. I was able to convince Kevin O'Conner that Yi Jianlian was the backup we need behind Derrick Favors. Next thing I knew we were in the pre-season, and then the regular season.

Hiteshom

Postby Andrew_Wiggins on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:35 pm

Dang I slipped but it's cool. Nice selection with Burke, since you were lacking guard depth.
Future king of the NBA.
Andrew_Wiggins

Postby Hiteshom on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:45 pm

Yeah, thanks, I really didn't think you would slip either. Also, Smart was projected top 5 and dropped to 20. It's pretty crazy.
Hiteshom

Postby Andrew_Wiggins on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:15 am

Yeah the way teams draft seems kind of buggy especially with smart falling to 20th. Its like that for me too, and sometimes like a lotto or mid-late 1 rder is projected to go first overall
Future king of the NBA.
Andrew_Wiggins

Postby Hiteshom on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:48 am

Meet the Team

Starting Lineup

PG
Trey Burke
SG
Alec Burks
SF
Gordon Hayward
PF
Derrick Favors
C
Al Jefferson

2nd Unit:

SIXTH MANPG Nolan SmithSIXTH MAN Image
SG Randy Foye Image
SF Stephen Jackson Image
PF Yi JianLian Image
C Enes Kanter Image

Role Players
PG David Stockton Image SF Marvin Williams Image
Hiteshom

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:39 am

Captain Jax on the Jazz?! I really hope the Bobcats talk to him this off-season. We need someone like him
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Mark. on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:23 am

Nice drafting Burke, he will fit well with your team.

Good to see that Favors is now a starter too (Y)
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Hiteshom on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:27 am

Mark. wrote:Nice drafting Burke, he will fit well with your team.

Good to see that Favors is now a starter too (Y)

Yeah, I worked hard to trade up to get him. He really does fit well, because pretty much none of the young guys can score too well.

SuperHueyNewton wrote:Captain Jax on the Jazz?! I really hope the Bobcats talk to him this off-season. We need someone like him

Haha, yeah. We needed a SF and he was still on the market. He was pretty cheap too.
Hiteshom

The Story of Riley Gisseman: 2-1 @ Memphis

Postby Hiteshom on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:40 am

Man so Dennis had me travel with the team for my first attended game I watched. Ty Corbin isn't so loved in Utah to the fans and today I learned why. He started Nolan Smith, Gordon Hayward, Stephen Jackson, Derrick Favors, and Al Jefferson. After all of the strings we pulled to grab Burke, I wasn't so happy with it either. Anyways lets get to the game recap.
The Jazz fought hard to the end. With just 4 minutes left in the fourth quarter they were down by seven but never count this crew out. They began playing smart, passing to the low post, hitting easy putbacks, and rarely getting bad shots on the perimeter. They went on a 8-5 run to hit the stride they needed to with 1 minute left. Gordon Hayward hit a clutch three to make the run 8-5 and bring the lead to just 3. Next after a stop, Trey Burke fired up another three in hopes of tying this game up, but narrowly missed. Derrick Favors followed up with a powerhouse slam. With 30 seconds left there was no need to foul, as they were just down by one. They forced a bad, contested, fadeaway shot that had no chance of going in, and now had the game in their hands. No timeout was called with just 11 precious seconds left. Trey Burke passed the ball down low, got it right back for the wide open 15 footer. Swish. They played good defense for the last 3 seconds of the game and forced a bad shot at the buzzer, and came away with the victory. The Jazz ended the game on a 12-5 run.
Hiteshom

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:58 am

How long are your minutes?
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Hiteshom on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:55 am

SuperHueyNewton wrote:How long are your minutes?

hiteshom wrote:5 minutes in a regular game
6 minutes in a simmed game

Yeah, well I'm thinking about going to 8 minutes to get more realistic scores, Averaging 50 points in a game just doesn't feel right.This way we would get around 80-90 points per game
Hiteshom

Postby Hiteshom on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:56 am

Ok, yep I changed it, I'm not going to redo that game though, so were going 9 minutes and 11 minutes
Hiteshom

Postby Hiteshom on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:25 am

Ok quick question, who should I play this week?

Los Angeles Lakers

New York Knicks

Boston Celtics

Brooklyn Nets
Hiteshom

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:32 am

Knicks
SuperHueyNewton

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood