Never Too Old--San Antonio Spurs Dynasty--(44-8)

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Never Too Old--San Antonio Spurs Dynasty--(44-8)

Postby drghost on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:42 pm

"Shocking News Coming out of San Antonio today as Peter Holt announces the release of GM R.C. Buford siting that Buford requested to be let go in order to spend more time with family and watch his son Chase play ball for Kansas."

Dylan turned off his tv and immediately picked up the phone.

"Yes i would like to speak with Mr. Holt please."

"Yes Mr. Holt let me tell you what i have in mind."

"Just two days after the release of R.C. Buford the Spurs organization has announced the hiring of Dylan Torres a former GM for euro league team Olympiacos B.C. lets get the full Bio on Dylan with ESPN"S full Bio blast."

"Here we can see all about the spurs new GM. "

--"Torres played 2 years of college basketball at Boston College and was coveted as a top 10 draft pick in 2010. Unfortunately those NBA dreams were shattered when in a blowout victory over N.C. State a player pushed him from the back on a fast break which resulted in Torres tearing his ACL and shattering his kneecap when he collided with the Basketball post."

--"Torres ended up leaving the team for the euroleague when Olympiacos B.C. offered him a job in the front office."

--"Torres moved up quickly in the front office and in 2011 was named GM and in that season they ended up taking the euroleague championship."

--"Born and raised in San Antonio this seems like a good homecoming for Torres and the Spurs."

"Lets take a live listen to His intro press conference shall we?"

"Thank you , thank you."

"I want to start off by first saying it's a pleasure to be back in San Antonio and im sure my family is happy they get to see me on occasions other then Christmas"

"Next thing is I want to assure all Spurs fans I am not going to run this team to the ground. The core is going to remain in place and I aim to do what is in the best interest for the team and its fans. Now that is not to say that no trades will be done because if i were to say that i would be lying to you. But rest assured the big 3 are here to stay"

"Now if you don't mind i have a lot of work to do. Again thank you for your time enjoy the rest of your day"

Game: NBA 2K13 (PC)
Roster: URB 5.5
Draft Class: KieransFictionalClass1

Season Length: 82 Games
Playoff Format: 7-7-7-7
Team Chemistry: On
Player Roles: On
Progressive Fatigue: On
Trade Deadline: On
Allow CPU Trades: On
Trade Override: On (will only be used at trade deadline to reflect real trades done)
Preseason Games: On
Play D-League Games: No
Customize League: Off

Played Quarter Length: 9 (will go to 10 if stats need padding)
Simmed Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Sliders: Default
Difficulty: HOF
Real Player FG%: NO
Real Player FT%: NO
Injuries: On
Fatigue: On
Clutch Factor: Off
NBA Rules: All on
Substitution Method: Semi-Auto / Rotation

Expect updates every Wednesday , Thursday, and Friday as i work 10hrs a day Saturday through Tuesday.

INDEX

--Spurs Central 10/30/12

--S:1 Game 1 : SA VS. NO

--Spurs Central 11/01/12 Trade Made!

--S:1 Game 2 : SA VS. OKC

--Spurs Central 11/02/12 Training

--S:1 Game 3 : SA VS. UTA

--NBA Roundup Week 1 Season 1

--S:1 Game 4 : SA VS. IND

--S:1 Game 5 : SA VS. LAC

--Ginobili Not Going Anywhere

--S:! Game 6 : SA VS. SAC

--S:1 Game 7 : SA VS. POR

--NBA Roundup Week 2 Season 1

--S:1 Game 8 : SA VS. LA

--S:1 Game 9 : SA VS. NY

--S:1 Game 10 : SA VS DEN

--S:1 Game 11 : SA VS LAC

--S:1 Game 12 : SA VS. BOS

--S:1 Game 13 : SA VS. IND

--S:1 Game 14 : SA VS. TOR

--S:1 Game 15 : SA VS. WAS

--S:1 Game 16 : SA VS. ORL

--S:1 Game 17 : SA VS. MIA

--Spurs Insider Month 1 Recap

--NBA Review of Month 1

--S:1 Game 18 : SA VS. MEM

--S:1 Game 19 : SA VS. MIL

--S:1 Game 20 : SA VS. HOU

--S:1 Game 21 : SA VS. CHA

--S:1 Game 22 : SA VS. HOU

--S:1 Game 23 : SA VS. UTA

--S:1 Game 24 : SA VS. POR

--S:1 Game 25 : SA VS. BOS

Spurs Ship Baynes To HOU for Anderson

--S:1 Game 26 : SA VS. OKC

--S:1 Game 27 : SA VS. DEN

--S:1 Game 28 : SA VS. NO

--S:1 Game 29 : SA VS. DAL

--S:1 Game 30 : SA VS. TOR

--S:1 Game 31 : SA VS. HOU

--S:1 Game 32 : SA VS. DAL

--S:1 Game 33 : SA VS. BRK

--NBA Review of Month 2

--Spurs Insider Month 2 Recap

--Point of View Chapter 1

--S:1 Game 34 : SA VS. MIL

--S:1 Game 35 : SA VS. NY

--S:1 Game 36 : SA VS. PHI

--S:1 Game 37 : SA VS. NO

--S:1 Game 38 : SA VS. LAL

--S:1 Game 39 : SA VS. MEM

--S:1 Game 40 : SA VS. MIN

--Spurs and Jazz Strike Another Deal

--S:1 Game 41 : SA VS. MEM

--S:1 Game 42 : SA VS. GS

--S:1 Game 43 : SA VS. ATL

--Cousins Traded From Sacramento To Canada

--S:1 Game 44 : SA VS. PHI

--S:1 Game 45 : SA VS. NO

--S:1 Game 46 : SA VS. DAL

--S:1 Game 47 : SA VS. PHX

--S:1 Game 48 : SA VS. CHA

--NBA Review of Month 3

--Spurs Insider Month 3 Recap

--S:1 Game 49 : SA VS. WAS

--S:1 Game 50 : SA VS. MIN

--S:1 Game 51 : SA VS. DET

--S:1 Game 52 : SA VS. BRK

Last edited by drghost on Sat May 18, 2013 7:00 am, edited 86 times in total.
drghost

Re: Never Too Old --San Antonio Spurs Dynasty--

Postby drghost on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:43 pm

PG : Tony Parker

SG: Manu Ginobili

SF: Kawhi Leonord

PF: Tim Duncan

C: Boris Diaw

sicth man : Danny Green

Role player : Tiago Splitter

Role Player : Stephen Jackson

Bench Warmer : Matt Bonner

Bench Warmer : Gary Neal

Bench Warmer : Cory Joseph

Bench Warmer : Aron Baynes

Bench Warmer : Patrick Mills

Bench Warmer : Nando De Colo

Bench Warmer : Dejuan Blair
Last edited by drghost on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drghost

Re: Never Too Old --San Antonio Spurs Dynasty--

Postby drghost on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:43 pm

"Welcome to your daily dose of spurs. This is Spurs Central and Im your host Sean Elliot"

"Lets take a look as it seems the new Gm Dylan Torres has made his first move of the year."

"The first move of Torres's GM tenure with the spurs was the waiving of PG Corey Joseph stating that he never showed any improvement while in D league last year and that he that with great play coming out of Gary Neal and Patty Mills in training camp there was just no room for Joseph on the roster. Torres also made headlines by announcing that center Dejuan Blair is on the trade block to start the season. "

"Interesting to see that Torres not yet one game into the season is already fielding offers for trades. Should be interesting to see what happens int he next few days."

Waived :
PG: Corey Joseph

"In other Spurs related news Center Matt Bonner twisted his ankle in practice and is listed Day to day. Matt Bonner was quoted laughing as he said "In practice i don't get the chance a lot to run the break and now i guess i know why. No more crazy dunks for me ill stick with shooting the three.""

Hurt :
C: Matt Bonner Listed as day to day with sprained ankle

"Thats about it here guys. We look forward to seeing the spurs in action as they take on the New Orleans Hornets tomorrow night"
Last edited by drghost on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
drghost

Re: Never Too Old --San Antonio Spurs Dynasty-- (0-1)

Postby drghost on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:46 pm

"Happy Halloween and welcome to the NBA on ESPN. Tonight's broadcasted game will be the San Antonio Spurs taking on Anthony Davis and the New Orleans Hornets. Lets take a look at tonight's starters shall we."

Spurs :

ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Tony Parker

Hornets :

PG: Greivis Vasquez
SG: Eric Gordon
SF: Al Farouq Aminu
PF: Anthony Davis
C: Robin Lopez

Tonight should be interesting as past meets future. Anthony Davis vs. Tim Duncan.
Anthony Davis is probably a little nervous right now as his first NBA game is right around the corner and is against the best PF to every play the game Tim Duncan. Lets see how he does tonight as it seems the tipoff is right around the corner,
Well be back at halftime to give the halftime report and look at what hopes to be a promising game here tonight!

"WOW!!! What a half by the San Antonio Spurs. Stephen Jackson with the half court three to end the half on a 7-0 run."

"Well what can we say a very tight game up until around 2 minutes left in the 2nd in which Gary Neal and Stephen Jackson took over."

"it was Gary Neal who started the 7-0 run with a steal and a transition 3. Then it was Jackson who blocked it down court which resulted in an easy layup for Duncan. and of course the buzzer beating 3 to end the half."

"well if it wasn't for Eric Gordon's 10 2nd quarter points the hornets would be completely out of this game but thanks to him there only down 10 with the score 50-40. Lets take a look at the stats from tonight's game."

Spurs top 3 at half

Gary Neal : 8pts 1rbnd 1ast 1stl 3-3 fg

Tiago Splitter : 8pts 3rbnd 3-3 fg 2-2ft

Tony Parker: 6pts 6ast 1 steal

Hornets top 3

Eric Gordon : 13pts 3reb 1ast

Ryan Anderson : 9pts 3-3 three pointers

Robin Lopez : 6pts 2rbs

"well that about does it here stay tuned after the game to see final stats from this game and games all around the league!!!"

"What a game we had here tonight. A furious comeback by the Hornets fueled them past the spurs 92-92 with Stephen Jackson missing the game winning jumper."

"Well the game was all spurs until the middle of the fourth quarter when Eric Gordon again pushed his team with 10 points in the 3rd. "

"The game was almost won when Tiago Splitter had a wide open layup in the paint but choked as it rolled out with the spurs up by 2 and only 20 seconds left."

"That would have definitely sealed the game for the spurs but it just wasn't in the cards. Here are the final stats here from New Orleans."

Box score
SA--21--29--17--25

NO--17--23--28--25

Top spurs players

Tony park : 12pts 13ast 2stls

Manu Ginobili : 22pts 4 reb

Tim duncan : 12pts 6reb

Top Hornet players

Gordon : 26pts 7reb 5ast

Lopez : 17pts 3reb

Aminu : 12pts 4rbs

Image of the Game goes to Stephen Jackson and his cudda shoulda woulda wide open game winner. Just short stephen just short.

Now for News from around the league

--The Sacremento Kings sign Center Greg Oden to a one year 2.54 mil contract after reports that they are looking for trade partners to get rid of center Demarcus Cousins.

--Caron Butler will be out 2-4 weeks with a seperated shoulder.

--Ty Lawsone will be out 1-2 weeks with a high ankle sprain

"thats it here from us at ESPN. We would like to wish you all a very safe and happy Halloween!! See you next time"

drghost

Re: Never Too Old --San Antonio Spurs Dynasty--Trade Made!

Postby drghost on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:55 am

"Welcome to another Spurs Central Im Sean Elliot with some breaking news coming out of the Spurs locker room today as it seems a trade has been made."

"We are still waiting on the final report but sources are telling me that the trade does involve player Stephen Jackson just hours after missing the wide open game winning jumper."

"It is not even 2 games into the spurs season and it looks like spurs GM Dylan Torres is wasting little time shaking things up. It comes at no surprise that Jackson is the target here in the trade due to his huge one year contract any team would love to have just to dump in free agency."

"Wait a second i'm getting something here. I'm now being told this is not just one trade but two!"

"Here we go there now getting the information on the trades lets go ahead and put these up."

The trades are......."

Trade number 1

Spurs Send Off

ImageImage

PG : Nando De Colo
C : Dejuan Blair
2014 second round pick

Warriors Send Off

ImageImage

SF : Harrison Barnes
PG: Charles Jenkins

Trade Number 2

Spurs Send Off

ImageImage

SF: Stephen Jackson

Jazz Send Off

ImageImage

PF: Derrick favors
SG: Marvin Williams

"This trade seems to be something Torres is really happy about. He gets a young PF for Tim Duncan to take under his wing and groom as his own until he retires and a nice scoring threat out of Williams for little cost to the spurs."

"He is also getting a nice long defender out of Barnes and a hopeful replacement for the day Manu retires."

"Spurs fans are waking up this morning to the news and are reacting on twitter lets pull up a few of these now."

"There you have it. It seems like this something for spurs fans to cheer about as the season has barely began. Let's go live to Dylan Torres now as he is prepared to explain why these trades were made so early and when he knew he was going to make them."

"ok ok next question please"

"Dylan these trades come early in the season why pull the trigger so fast"

"let me say this first the spurs are a good team right now but these trades make them great. We have gotten younger and better with a quick phone call and some signed papers. Can you honestly tell me these trades don't make sense? I mean come on Harrison Barnes and derrick favors!!! Believe me when I say these two will soon be the face of the team for years to come"

"Dylan any hard feelings on sending these players away before yo u even got a chance to know them"

"this is a business and they know that. I wish nothing but the best for Boris and crew but there going to understand there getting paid to play ball so that's what they will continue to do"
"I will let this be said now. Don't expect much more movement from me other than a few cuts and signs. I'm not here to ruin chemistry only make it better. These trades were something i had been planning since being signed on by the Spurs. Not something that just happened in 10 minutes."

"Dylan you spoke about chemistry but do you really mean it. The spurs organisation loved R.C Buford and respected him highly. Do you feel that same respect coming out of the spurs organisation?"

"Look respect is something that is earned and i plan on earning it this season by making great moves that do nothing but improve the team. Just wait and see when were holding up the trophy for years to come the respect will be there."

"Last question over here Dylan. Do you plan on using these players in tonight's game against the Thunder?"

"I sure do i would never expect for the players to take on a back to back short staffed in fact that is why this session is now over. I have to go make sure there physical get passed and all necessary paperwork is signed so these young men are ready to go."

"Well there you have it! New GM Dylan Torres making shock waves early this year by making his team younger and more athletic with a flick of the wrist. Now i can see why it only took 2 days for Owner Peter Holt to fall in love with him."

"Thats it for us here at Spurs Central I'm Sean Elliot and as always GO SPURS GO!"
drghost

Re: Never Too Old --San Antonio Spurs Dynasty-- (1-1)

Postby drghost on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:13 am

"Here we are live from the ATT center as we have a Western Conference finals rematch as the OKC thunder look to take on the San Antonio Spurs. Just 10 hours after the trade was made the players are here and ready to suit up so lets take a look at the spurs new starting lineup shall we."

Spurs :

C: Derrick Favors

OKC Lineup

PG: Russel Westbrook
SG: Thabo Sefeoosha
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Serge Ibaka
C: Kendrick Perkins

"The spurs coming off an upset last night after getting beaten 92-91 to the Hornets they look to start there 3 game home stretch off with a win. It should be interesting to see how the new spurs players mesh in with this tigt nit group here tonight. Let's go live down to the court as tipoff is set to begin. We will see you back here at halftime."

"A lopsided game after 2 as the spurs trail by nine but not without upside. Big Man derrick Favors has stolen the show here tonight with 14 points in his spurs debut. Kevin martin though is not having any of it as he has 21 points at half and has helped his thunder team as they hope to spoil the Spurs home opener. Let's take a look at the top player for each team shall we."

Spurs Top player

Derrick Favors : 14pts 5reb 1block

Thunder Top Player

Kevin martin : 21 pts 3 ast 1stl

"It's good to see that Tony Parker his meshing fine with the new 4 players they received in the trades earlier as 5 of his 6 assists are to the new arrivals."

Tim Duncan as been seen multiple times taking Favors aside and letting him know what needs to be done. This seems to be the perfect fit for Favors as unlike in New Jersey or Utah he has a future Hall of Famer coaching and mentoring him."

"They're hoping to get a win out there tonight but it looks like there still getting used to each other out there on the court. Hopefully we can expect a better second half as it is set to begin here shortly. I'll see everyone at the end of the game for the final report."

"An amazing game as it goes down to the wire once again for the spurs but this time the spurs come out on top."

"Tony parker with the game winning layup. But he had some help with incredible 3 point shooting from Manu as he went 4/6 for the game all coming in the second half."

"With the final score of 101-100 let's take a look at the top 3 players for each team and some important stats from tonight's game."

Box Score
SA---23--16--29--33

OKC--23--25--28--24

SA Top PLayers

Parker : 21pts 10at 1stl

Favors : 18pts 4rbs

Ginobili: 12pts 3ast 4/6 three pointers

OKC Top Players

Martin: 31pts 1 ast 1reb

Durant: 21 pts 4reb

Westbrook: 17pts 14ast

KEY STAT : 3 point shooting

SA : 16/26

OKC: 6/16

"With back to back close games you have to wonder if the spurs can hang around much longer with the way there playing to start the season."

"Yes close games happen but they shouldnt happen every game. This should be something to keep an eye on as the next game will be against the Utah Jazz here at the ATT center."

"With great play coming out of the newcomers for the Spurs here tonight you have to think that if this goes as planned New Spurs GM will go down in fame with this move by providing his team with important pieces needed to win now and deep in the future."

"Ill have to admit though the additions of Favors and Barnes made the difference tonight as both hit key shots late in the game and both finished with double digits. It will be fun to see if these two are really the face of the future for the spurs."

Picture of the game belongs to The two newcomers of the spurs Favors and Barnes defending an inbound pass with .03 seconds left to avoid a potential game winning ally oop.

News From Around the League

--A ton of injuries so far and were only a few games into the season. Lets take a look at the injury list so far.

With only 2 players actually ruled out it seems like the injury bug is stinging softly with minor injuries spreading across the league.

"In other news the Sacramento kings are still looking for a trade partner to send Center Demarcus Cousins packing. Word has it the Spurs were reportedly interested until the Jazz swung in but that was when Buford was still GM. New GM Torres was quoted as saying "That is someone we dont need in the locker room. Favors is someone who wants to learn Cousins is someone that refuses to." "

"It should be interesting to see if the Kings can find someone to unload this demanding center onto."

"Thats it from here at ESPN we want to wish you all a safe night. We will see you next time."
Last edited by drghost on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
drghost

Re: Never Too Old --San Antonio Spurs Dynasty-- (1-1)

Postby drghost on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:31 am

"Welcome to another Spurs Central. I, your host Sean Elliot and today were live from the Spurs Practice Facility as were here to watch Matt Bonner shoot around on his bad ankle to test it out and to see Developmental training here for some of the younger guys let's take a look shall we.

Developmental Drills

Kawhi : Passed

Shooting Results

+3 Med
+1 three
+2 consistency

Barnes: Passed

Shooting results

+3Med
+1three
+2 consistency

Favors: Passed

Shooting results

+4 Med
+2consistency

"Now that the drills are done the team is going to split into two and run a team scrimmage first to 21 in order for the team to get used to each other. lets take a look in."

"Well that was a fun game with the whit team winning 22-20."

"Reports have come in that Matt Bonner has been cleared for shoot around but his expected return wont be for at least 2 more games."

"That's it from us here at spurs Central. Make sure to tune in for tomorrow nights game against the Utah Jazz here at home and as always GO SPURS GO!!!"
drghost

Re: Never Too Old --San Antonio Spurs Dynasty-- (2-1)

Postby drghost on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:12 am

"Welcome to yet another great night on NBA On ESPN tonight's games include the New look Spurs taking on the Jazz here live at the ATT center."

"The Spurs coming off of back to back thrillers with mixed results starting the season 1-1 and the Jazz are trying to rally back after the 101-73 loss the hornets tossed there way the other night."

"This looks to be a favorable match up for the Spurs but they haven't been playing like themselves lately lets hope with hat day break they had they got some much needed R&R in. Let's take a look at tonight's line ups"

Spurs :

Jazz :

PG: Mo Williams
SG: Randy Foye
SF: Paul Millsap
PF: Boris Diaw
C: Al Jefferson

"Looks like Utah is going big tonight let's see how coach Pop counters that toughness. Im predicting a lot of minutes for Barnes as he has the length and the size over Manu."

"The tipoff is set up and ready to go lets go ahead and get you on down ther. We will be back at halftime to give the full halftime report see ya soon!"

"Its halftime here at the ATT center with spurs leading 45-35. Now the Spurs have lead all game and as much as 13 at one point until Mo Williams hit a half court buzzer beater to knock it down to 10 entering halftime."

"This is the type of game spurs fans love to watch. Scoring all across the board 9 out of the 12 active spurs players have scored here tonight."

"The thing I love about San Antonio is that on any given night any of there players can break out with a huge game. Kawhi is leading the way with 15 so far tonight"

"Lets take a look at the top half time players."

Spurs top players

Kawhi : 15pts 2ast

Parker 7pts. 3reb. 5ast

Jazz top players

Mo williams : 14pts 2stls

Al Jefferson : 6pts 4reb

"Mo williams scoring the ball well tonight and at a point in the first quarter had all of his teams points."

"If the Jazz have any hopes of winning this thing there going to need better play out of there stars."

"I honestly dont think that is going to happen though. The Spurs Defense has been all over them tonight and expect a big half from Tony Parker trying to push his double double streak to 3 here tonight"

"Looks like there about ready to continue on so lets get you back out there see you at the post game wrap up"

"Well there you have it it looks like the Spurs are back to there old self's here with a nice blowout win of the Utah Jazz."

"The San Antonio Spurs lead the entire game never letting up. Mo Williams tried as hard as possible but one player can only do so much."

"I loved the play out of Barnes today. Very productive coming off the bench and just take a look at Kawhi Leonard's stats tonight."

"The one thing i will give the spurs credit for is if one person has an off night someone will always be there to take over. The Spurs ended the night with 6 players in double figures. A nice team effort."

"Let's take a look at some of the top players from each team and some important stats front tonight's game."

Box Score

SA : 28--17--24--30

UTA : 20--15--21--28

Spurs Top Performers :

Kawhi Leonard : 23pts 4ast

Tony Parker : 20pts 5 reb 10ast

Manu Ginobili : 14pts 5reb

Jazz Top Performers :

Mo Williams : 22pts 4reb 6ast

Al Jefferson : 20pts 6reb

Boris Diaw : 16pts 5reb

KEY STAT : Bench Points

SA : 36

UTA : 18

Photo of the night honors go to Kawhi for his nasty dunk straight out of tipoff.

LEAGUE NEWS :

"Now for some news around the league."

--The grizzlies take a risk and sign center Eddy Curry to a one year 1.15 mil contract

--The Sacramento Kings sign Tyreke Evans to an extension estimated to be a 4yr 30.25 million dollar contract.

--The Sacremento Kings are heated up with trade talks as the continue to push for a trade on Center Demarcus Cousins with Imporved play coming out of Greg Oden.

--Magic Point Guard Etwaun Moore is out 4-6 weeks with a sprained knee.

Thats it for us here tonight tune in Tomorrow for our weekly NBA roundup Show were we rank the NBA teams and players. Have a great night.
drghost

Re: Never Too Old --San Antonio Spurs Dynasty--week 1 recap

Postby drghost on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:28 am

"Welcome To NBA roundup. I'm Kenny smith along with Steve Kerr and Charles Barkly."

"Week 1 of the NBA is already gone. Let's go ahead an d take a look at the power rankings coming out this week with no surprise as the Lakers are number 1."

ImageImage

"With only a week gone its a little hard to tell how teams are going to turn out but let's go ahead and discuss whets going on around the league. Over to you Steve."

"thank you Kenny now word coming out of Sacramento is that the kings are exploring 3 deals. The three teams interested in Cousins are all eastern teams. Orlando , Brooklyn , and Toronto.

"Now word has it that the kings are asking for at least two draft picks and a decent big man to fill the hole cousins would be leaving. Toronto has yet to say if big man Bargnani is on his way out of Toronto but as of right now the raptors seem to be in the front running to get Cousins out of Sacramento. We spoke to Cousins not that long ago and here is what he had to say."

"Look Sacramento just isn't a fit for me anymore. Now if i had to choose were i wanted to go it would be to a championship caliber team of course. But I have no say in were I go. We will have to just wait and see what happens."

"It looks like he is ready to pack his bags and leave Sacramento. Charles any concerns about Cousins will to play?"

"Well Steve it goes like this. A player determines his own will to play. If Cousins thinks that Sacramento isn't for him he isn't going to play like the star I know he is. Now in my personal opinion id like to see him land in Toronto pairing up with Rudy Gay. That would be a fun team to watch and would potentially keep both players from leaving Toronto at the end of their contracts."

"But I think the best fit for him is Orlando. He would be the star there and that's the type of player he wants to be. Back to you Kenny"

"Other then the Cousins story not much going on right now throughout the league in the opening week other then the Spurs making major trades to make there roster a little more athletic and young. Word has it that the Spurs are working on a contract with Manu to end his career in San Antonio so keep an eye out for that."
"Thats going to do it for us here at NBA roundup we will see you next Week"
Last edited by drghost on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
drghost

Re: Never Too Old --San Antonio Spurs Dynasty-- (2-1)

Postby drghost on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:18 am

Will upload pacers game when i get home tonight. But ive been trying to figure out a good trade for Cousins. Obviously im sure you all know the complications they have been having with him. Do you guys think orlando or toronto would be more likely to go for him?

The Toroto trade would be more along the lines of Bargnani , 2013 2nd rnd , 2014 1st rnd. for cousins and maybe a conract for the raptors to eat.

The orlando trade would be something like Glen Davis , JJ Reddick , and a 2014 1st rnd for Cousins and maybe Jimmer as well.
drghost

Re: Never Too Old --San Antonio Spurs Dynasty--(3-1)

Postby drghost on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:06 pm

"Welcome to another sold out crowd here in the ATT center as the Indiana Pacers are set on to take the San Antonio Spurs."

"The spurs seem to have gotten back on track after opening the season with a loss. The new additions seem to be playing out fairly well as both Favors and Barnes are lighting it up."

"I Have to say Barnes and Favors may have been the main attractions in this trade but Marvin Williams has provided some solid play as a back up SF/PF. His size and perimeter shooting fit in well with what the Spurs are trying to accomplish."

"Tonight Tony Parker is going to attempt to keep his double double streak going here tonight and push it to 4 straight games. Looks like we're all set to go let's take a quick look at tonight's line up."

Spurs :

Pacers :

PG : George Hill
SG: Paul George
SF : Danny Granger
PF: David West
C : Roy Hibbert

"Looks like there ready for tip off down there so lets get to it"

"Welcome to the halftime show the Spurs lead 50-39 showing dominence over the Pacers here tonight."

"Tony Parke attempts to push his double double streak to 4 and his teams win streak to 3."

"The pacers hit a cold streak late in the second missing 8 shots before finally hitting one while the spurs pulled away from what looked like to be a closely contested game."

"During that series of 8 straight misses Tony Parker decided to handle it on his own as the next 5 possessions ended with 2 Tony jump shots and 3 assists putting the spurs up 13"

"But remember this is a game of runs so lets see if this run was good enough to handle whatever the Pacers throw there way in the second half. Lets take a look at some of the Top players coming into the Half."

Spurs Top Performers :

Kawhi : 10pts 4reb 1stl

Parker : 10pts 3 reb 5ast 1stl

Manu : 9pts 2 reb 2ast 1stl

Pacers Top Performers :

Danny Granger : 7pts 1stl 1blck

Roy Hibbert : 8pts 2 reb

"Lets hope for a more exciting half as it seems there ready to continue down there. Thanks for stopping by and we will see you for the final report."

"Another blowout victory for the spurs as they drive past the Pacers 103-92."

"Tony Parker again with a double double which pushes his streak to 4 and his teams win streak to 3."

"The spurs now will get ready for their 4 game road trip as the plan to play the clippers here in a few days for a semi conference playoff rematch."

"The pacers now drop to 2-2 for the season but not without hope as Hibbert and Granger both had great games here tonight. Remember Indiana there's always a silver lining. let's take a look at the Key players and stats from the game."

Box Score

SA :-24--26--27--26

IND:-21--18--31--22

Spurs Top Performers :

Parker : 22pts 4reb 12ast 2stl

Manu : 17pts 3reb 2ast 1stl

Duncan : 14pts 5reb

Pacers Top Performers :

Granger : 16pts 2reb

Hibbert : 20pts 7reb

George: 17pts 6reb

Key stat : Rebounds

SA : 38

IND : 28

ImageImage
Two Images of the game here tonight. First one is Barnes absolutely blowing past Paul George and going up for the slam and second is Splitter getting in between Hibbert and West for the put back jam.

League News

--Mat Bonner has been cleared to return against the clippers

--Tyler Hansbrough asks Indiana for an extension

--Grant hill announces this will be his last year
drghost

Re: Never Too Old --San Antonio Spurs Dynasty--(3-1)

Postby drghost on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:07 am

Clippers game finished this morning will post when i get home from work. Also got Manu to sign a very cheap extension for another year so cap space should be good come offseason
drghost

Re: Never Too Old --San Antonio Spurs Dynasty--(3-2)

Postby drghost on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:51 am

"Welcome to NBA tonight. Tonight we have a rematch of the wesern Confrence semi finals as the Spurs travel to LA to take on the clippers"

"Last year the San Antonio Spurs had no trouble dispatching the clippers in 4 games extended the spurs win streak. Lets see if the Clippers can get a little revenge here tonight."

"The spurs are coming off back to back blowout victories so you know that there feeling pretty good coming in to tonight's game.The clippers are coming off a loss to the Cavs in which the Cave's came back down 20 at half to win 105-99."

"Also coming out of the clippers side is Grant Hill announcing a few days ago this season would finally be his last. With that in mind you know he wants to end it on a championship and the clippers with no doubts have the talent to pull it off but so do the Spurs."

"With that in mind this very well may be a preview of whats to come come playoff time. Lets take a look at tonight's lineups."

Spurs :

Clippers :

PG : Chris Paul
SG : Chauncy Billups
SF : Grant Hill
PF : Blake Griffin
C: Deandre Jordan.

As tip off sets to began we jsut want to mention that Tony Parker takes a 4 game double double streak into this game and in an interview states he is going for the record lets see if he can keep that streak alive here tonight.

"Looks we have a great game coming inot halftime with the clippers leading 46-45. THe spurs at one point down 10 in the 2nd until danny green came in and hit a three followed by a steal and a fast break slam giving the spurs the push they needed to end the querter on a 12-4 run cutting the lead to 1 going into half time."

"Tony Parker looks poised once again for a double double coming into half with 6 points and 4 ast."

"The Clippers are leaning on Griffin as he has just taken ownership of Favors scoring 12 pts and blocking and stripping favors all game holding him to 0.

"The big differnce so far is the bench. The spurs outscoring LAs bench by double digits at this point. Lets take a look at the Top player for each team so far.

Spurs

Kawhi : 9pts 3 ast 4 reb

Clippers

Griffin 12pts 5reb 2stl 2blcks

"If the spurs want to pull this off there going to need the same lvl of play coming off the bench and hope favors can catch a spark and get going here tonight. Thats it for now lets get on back there."

"Blake Griffin proving to much for the spurs to handle as the Spurs fall short 100-95."

"Along with the loss Parkers double double streak comes to an end as he had to focus more on scoring then dishing late in the game finished with 24pts 9ast."

"Gary Neal missed a wide open three with 45 seconds left and the spurs just down 2. Jordan then grabbed the board feed it to a wide open paul who drained the three putting the Clippers up by 5 and the spurs just could not muster up any more as the clippers extract a little revenge here tonight in LA."

"Lets take a look at some top players and the key stat of the night."

Box score

SA--18--27--24--26

LAC--26--20--25--29

Top SA Players

Parker : 24pts 9ast 3stls

Manu : 15pts 2reb 2stls

Marvin Williams : 13pts 5reb

Top LAC Players

Griifn : 33pts 6reb 3blck

Paul : 18pts 5reb 6ast

Jordan : 18pts 15reb

Pic of the night goes to Barnes as he goes sky high to dunk over not one but two clipper defenders

LEAGUE NEWS

-Josh harrelson signs with nets 1 yr 1.16

-Boris diaw out 1-2 weeks lower back

-Beno Udrih Wants contract extension with Bucks

-Joey Graham Joins OKC 1yy 1.74

-Manu and spur close to deal

-Hedo wants extension with Magic
drghost

Re: Never Too Old --San Antonio Spurs Dynasty--MANU STAYS!!

Postby drghost on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:48 pm

"Welcome to Spurs central some good news coming out of the Spurs locker room today as Manu Ginobili has signed a 1 year contract extension for 5.57 mil a pay decrease as he is earning 14mil this year alone."

"Manu's decrease did not go unnoticed today as all around the league people are taking notice that Manus will to win is coming first. Good to see where Manu's Heart lies as we hope Manu will retire in the silver and black!"
drghost

Postby Mark. on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:44 am

Nice job on getting Manu to sign. Love a Spurs association, really respect that franchise!
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Re: Never Too Old --San Antonio Spurs Dynasty-- (4-2)

Postby drghost on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:57 am

Welcome To Sacramento as the Spurs are set to take on the Kings here in this Western Conference match up."

"It wasn't to long ago these two met in the playoffs when the spurs took them out."

"The Kings dealing with drama as of late as the trade Rumors about Cousins continue to heat up around the NBA and It probably doesn't help that the Kings are on a 3 game skid after starting off 2-0."

"The spurs also lost their last game ending there 3 game streak. Both teams look to rebound here tonight as we get to take you down to the court lets catch a glimpse of the lineups."

Spurs :

Kings :

Pg : Isaiah Thomas
SG: Tyreke Evans
SF : Marcus Thornton
PF : Chuck Hayes
C : Demarcus Cousins

"The trade drams doesn't seem to effect cousins at all as he is averaging 20pts and 10reb so far this season. Lets see how he will fair tonight against SA."

"Welcome to the halftime show here in Sacramento. The spurs lead at half 40-34."

"Not much threat at all for SA as the lead hasn't dropped below 6 all night since starting the game on an 8-0 run."

"Barnes providing once again quality points off te bench as the spurs second leading scorer with 10."

"The kings trying to push through behind Thornton's 13 but just can't seem to break through. Let's take a look at some key players of the half."

Spurs

Parker : 11pts 2stl 2reb 2ast

Barnes : 10pts 4reb 1blck

Kings

Thornton : 12pts 2reb

Oden : 6pts 4reb 3blcks

"Oden playing much better tonight then in the last 2 as Cousins can't get a groove still with 0pts. Let's hope he gets it going because if he wants to win he is going to have to score."

"Spurs just run over the kings here tonight as they win 93-76. Tony Parker finishing with 21pts 4reb and 10ast getting back to his double double self."

"The Kings just had no answer for the spurs bench tonight as Barnes led the bench group to a double digit margin over the kings bench."

"Main story here is as the spurs were dribbling out the clock Center Demarcus Cousins was already on his way to the locker room without any post game handshakes or before the clock was even ran out."

"Cousins causing a huge scene here in Sacramento and you know they want him gone. Oden played well with 11pts 8reb 2blcks as cousins only had 4pts 4reb."

"This puts the kings losing streak up to 4. Let's take a look at the Key stats and players from tonight's game."

Box Score

SA--23--17--25--28

SAC--19--15--22--20

Key Spurs

Parker : 21pts 4reb 10ast

Favors : 17ts 13reb 2blck

Kawhi : 15pts 5reb 6ast

Key Kings

Thornton : 21pts

Oden: 11pts 8reb

Thomas : 13pts 3reb

Key Stat : Bench Points

SA : 34

SAC : 19

ImageImageImage
A series of pics tonights as this shows T.P. no looking a pass over to favors as he slams it down.
Here is the picture of Cousins leaving the court before games end.

League News

Celtics sign Maurice evans for a 1yr 997k deal

Jazz resign Mo Williams 5yr 37mil
drghost

Postby drghost on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:00 pm

Mark. wrote:Nice job on getting Manu to sign. Love a Spurs association, really respect that franchise!

Yea the Spurs have always been my favorite team that old school style of play just never gets old. Just trying to bring a little flash to SA with Barns and hopefully a Duncan prodigy with Favors.
drghost

Re: Never Too Old --San Antonio Spurs Dynasty--(4-2)

Postby Mark. on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:46 pm

Yeah I especially like you getting Favors. THought he would cost Leonard though, so having them both is nice!
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Re: Never Too Old --San Antonio Spurs Dynasty--(4-2)

Postby drghost on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:08 pm

Mark. wrote:Yeah I especially like you getting Favors. THought he would cost Leonard though, so having them both is nice!

yea 3 out of the 4 trades including either Kawhi or Neal and i want willing to give up one or both for him. Im not sure if the game thinks in terms of CAP but thats what i thought when that trade was on the list. They free up 15mil now for next season when CP3 and Dwight are gonna be free agents.
drghost

Re: Never Too Old --San Antonio Spurs Dynasty--(5-2)

Postby drghost on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:55 pm

"We are here in Portland as the Blazers are set to host the Spurs tonight."

"This game comes off a dominating performance for the Spurs as they just walked over the Kings last night. As for the Blazers they have to be upset with the way there season has began as there are 1-4 to start it."

"A good sign for the Blazers is rookie Lillards play as he is averaging 18pts and 8ast a game. Lillards Play is hope to a dim Blazers team so far. Let's get a look at the lineups for tonight as the Spurs decide to rest Duncan tonight and insert Marvin Williams into the lineup to play PF."

Spurs Starters :

PF: Marvin Williams

Blazer Starters :

Pg : Damian Lillard
SG : Nicolas Batum
SF: Wesley Matthews
PF : Lamarcus Aldridge
C : Jared Jeffries

"Coach Pop said earlier not to expect a lot of minutes coming out of the usual starters tonight so lets see how the bench plays for SA tonight. let's get you down to the court we will see you at half."

"As the Spurs rest most of their starters here tonight they still lead 48-45 with Danny green as the leading scorer with 11. The spurs are not playing Duncan tonight with the usual starters playing about half of the first and reportedly only half of the third before Pop lets the bench take over."

"The Spurs with 2 days off after this game are getting an early rest before they take on the Lakers Tuesday night at LA. The Blazers trying to come out of this 4 game slump but the defense on the perimeter is just horrible with the spurs already up to 7 threes in the half."

"Let's take a look at the key player for each team coming into halftime."

Spurs :

Danny green : 11pts 2reb

Blazers :

Mayers Leonrd : 10pts 5reb 2blck

"That's it for now stay tuned after the game for post game wrap up."

"Wow just wow!"

"Tony Parker Plays exactly one quarter worth of time and still finishes with a game high 17pts 9ast as the spurs win 102-96 Parker did not see the floor at all in the 4th quarter."

"Favors providing much needed assistance on the glass grabbing 11reb. His training with Duncan seems to be paying off."

"The blazers lose once again making it 5 straight now. Let's take a look at the Key players and stats from tonight."

SA Stars :

Tony : 17pts 9ast
Favors : 10pts 11reb
Green : 13pts 4ast 2stl

POR Stars :

Lillard : 17 pts 8reb 2ast
Aldridge : 17pts 2reb 2stl
Matthews : 18pts 4reb 4ast 1blck

Box Score

SA--21--27--24--30

POR--21--24--28--23

Key Stat : Assists

SA 32

POR 25

ImageImage
Picture of the night goes to Marvin Williams hitting the Dagger Corner three that put the Spurs up 5 with only 56 seconds left in the game.

NO LEAGUE NEWS AFTER GAME
Last edited by drghost on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
drghost

Re: Never Too Old --San Antonio Spurs Dynasty--WEEK 2 RECAP

Postby drghost on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:24 pm

"Welcome To NBA roundup. I'm Kenny smith along with Steve Kerr and Charles Barkly. Week 2 of the NBA is now gone. Let's go ahead and take a look at the power rankings coming out this week on top are the Miami Heat standing at 5-1 for the season."

"Big surprise as the Lakers drop all 3 games this week dropping to 3-3 on the season. A surprising start for the Washington Wizards so far wouldn't you say Steve?"

"I would indeed the Washington Wizards are 4-1 so far this season and with Crawford averaging 27pts a game I doubt they will lose much with that type of high scoring. My main concern is that he can't keep up the scoring pace and when he finally cools off I expect some losses. In other not so shocking news the Kings released information today that Greg Oden sustained a knee injury but it is nothing serious and don't expect him to miss any game time. Any opinions Charles?"

"It's a shame to see that Oden's knees are still causing problems but they don't expect him to miss any time and with his great play so far this season that's a good thing. The kings still trying to work out a trade for Cousins as the talks heat up with Toronto. The Raptors have kept quiet so far but released a statement about the drama stating that they don't expect to make any trades this early in the season. I agree with the raptors on that part but if they really want cousins they better make the move fast before Oden gets seriously hurt and the Kings pull him off the block. Kenny Back to you for the League News."

"A lot of contract extensions and free agent signings so far but nothing that you already haven't heard. These two signings below are fresh off the presses as they happened just a few hours ago."

PG : Beno Udrih signs a 2yr 3.86 extension with the Bucks

PF : Tyler Hansbrough signs 3yr 8.56 extension with the Pacers
drghost

Re: Never Too Old --San Antonio Spurs Dynasty--(6-2)

Postby drghost on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:22 am

"Welcome to Los Angeles as the slumping Lakers are set to take on the Streaking Spurs."

"The Lakers come into this game losing 3 out of their last 4 and the Spurs are directly opposite winning 3 out of their last 4."

"The Lakers were meshing in week 1 going 3-0 then slumped in week 2 going 0-3. You have to wonder with Dantoni as the coach if this team is going to be streaking like this all season."

"The Spurs starters are looking rested as they basically had a 3 day break with the bench taking on the load on Saturday against the Blazers. Let's take a look at tonight's starters as were set to go here."

Spurs Starters :

Laker Starters :

Pg : Steve Nash
SG : Kobe Bryant
SG : Metta World Peace
PF : Pau Gasol
C : Dwight Howard

let's get you down to the court we will see you at half.

"A tightly contested game here tonight as the Lakers lead the Spurs 54-53."

"Tony Parker hasnt played much as ge had 2 fouls within the first 2 minutes of the game but the Bench has been great in picking up the slack."

"The Lakers on the other hand have also been depending obn the bench as Kobe has had a avery slow start with only 2 points."

"Lets take a closer look at the halftime studs for each team"

Spurs Studs :

Tim Duncan : 6pts 6reb 3ast 3stls

Kawhi : 9pts 2reb 2ast

Laker Studs :

Devin Ebanks : 8pts 1reb

Howard : 8pts 1reb

That's it for now stay tuned after the game for post game wrap up.

"After a nice 4th quarter run the Spurs seal off the Lakers 112-105."

"Parker named Player of the Game with 16pts 15ast after missing the entire first quarter."

"Barnes came off the bench and nearly dropped 20 as once again the Bench proves the difference here tonight. Matt Bonner played his first game of the season and hit back to back threes late in the fourth to stop a 7-0 run."

"The Spurs end the game with 8 players in double digits. Howard had a great game 30pts 11reb but he couldn't do it alone and when Kobe finally got hot it was too late. Lets take a look at the key stats and players from tonight's game."

SA Stars :

Parker : 16pts 15ast

Duncan : 18pts 8reb 4stl

Barnes : 16pts 3reb

LAL Stars :

Howard : 30pts 11reb

Kobe : 21pts 7ast (10-26)

Jamison : 11pts 3reb

Box Score

SA--29--23--28--32

LAL--22--31--22--30

Key Stat : Assists

SA : 39

LAL : 29

ImageImageImage
Pics of the night include 3 of Spurs top dunks and there was plenty to choose from as the Spurs out dunked the Lakers 17 to 9

drghost

Re: Never Too Old --San Antonio Spurs Dynasty--(7-2)

Postby drghost on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:57 am

"Were Back in Texas as I'm sure the Spurs are glad to be back home after that 4 game road trip. Their set to take on the New York Knicks who have been nothing but a .500 team this year as their 3-3 to start of the season."

"The Spurs coming off a great win 2 nights ago against the rival Lakers 112-105. The Knicks are just trying to hopefully finish the rest of this month off strong. Should be interesting as two of the top scoring teams enter tonight. So expect a high scoring affair."

"Let's take a look at the lineups to start off the night."

Spurs Starters :

Knicks Starters :

Pg : Raymond Felton
SG : Jason Kidd
SF : Carmelo Anthony
PF : Amar'e Stoudemire
C : Tyson Chandler

let's get you down to the court we will see you at half.

"The Spurs come into halftime leading 45-43 with parker carrying his team to success so far as he is the only one shooting over 50 percent from the floor."

"Melo and Amare are working well together as the both are in double digits and have grabbed a few boards as well."

"No runs have broken out so far so it should be interesting to see if one does and which team it belongs to. Expect a close game here tonight to finish it off."

Spurs Studs :

Parker : 14pts 6ast

Knicks Studs :

Melo : 12pts 4reb

Amare : 10pts 3reb

That's it for now stay tuned after the game for post game wrap up.

"An amazing game coming out of San Antonio as the Spurs comeback down 8 late in the fourth to force OT and win it 114-111 with Favors hitting the game winning and 1 basket."

"An amazing game all around but parker outshined them all with 34pts 14ast. Melo had the game tying 3 but just fell short as the clock expired and the Knicks just couldn't force the second overtime."

SA Stars :

Parker : 35pts 14ast

Favors : 17pts 13reb

Barnes : 17bts 2reb 5sat

NY Stars :

Melo : 24pts 12reb

Amare : 24pts 8reb

Felton : 14pts 9ast

Box Score

SA--22--23--23--35--11

NY--23--20--33--27--8

Key Stat : Rebounds

SA : 48

NY : 37

Picture of the night belongs to Favors with his game winning Offensive board and 1 put back!

drghost

Postby Andrew_Wiggins on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:32 pm

This is awesome! I'm a UNC fan, so getting Barnes earns you brownie points with me. :D
Future king of the NBA.
Andrew_Wiggins

Postby drghost on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:43 am

haha yea he is doing really well for me off the bench have 3 games i want to play to upload when i get home tonight
Last edited by drghost on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drghost

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood