The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Postby J@3 on Fri May 20, 2011 10:36 pm

The worst thing is at one point the MVP race was between him and Avery Bradley. Avery Bradley averaged 15ppg and 6apg on like 45% shooting.
J@3

Postby mpac on Sun May 22, 2011 2:27 am

had a great game against miami. I was leading almost the whole game and led by 5 in the last 3 mins but then lebron took over. he hit a trey, made a steal and a dunk, then made two straight jumpers, that gave them a 4 pt lead in the last 50 sec of the game. Jordan made a nice assist to Capt Jack to trim it down to 2. A wade miss put the ball back to us in the last 5 sec. Then off an inbound Jordan got the ball then drive over mike bibby (off a pick) to dunk it and send the game to OT! :)

in OT, same story miami leading by 5 at 30 secs, jordan made a three then steals the ball for a layup to tie it up at 96 with 8 secs. Jordan was able to challenge lebron's jumper the last 2 sec that made it miss... but bosh made a tip in at the buzzer! haha we lost but it was fun. :D Jordan scored 55pts 8reb 8 asst

game against the suns, we lost by 5, thanks to the hot shooting vinsanity and frye. Jordan scored 25 and 16reb.
mpac

Postby Nutellar on Sun May 22, 2011 3:25 am

This must have been a fun game against the Heat. :shock:
Nutellar

Postby rise on Sun May 22, 2011 4:35 am

That just made me want to create Jordan in Live 2003 and put him on the Bobcats.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby mpac on Sun May 22, 2011 12:02 pm

hehe yup. this was really fun than i initially expected. It is also quite realistic, as Jordan cant really do it by himself. He needs a scottie pippen along the way :D

i got injured missed almost a month, and when i got back the standing is now 14-11. I played one game but lost against the hawks by a large margin, scored 27 pts and 9reb in only 18mins due to foul trouble. And then on the next game, i got injured again :(

when i got back our standing now is at 19-15. I cant believe we are winning whenever Jordan is injured haha! but during games with Jordan we always lost due to our defense and lack of help in offense. then we are either losing margins or losing leads while Jordan is on the bench.

But good thing when i got back we have different players already haha. Diaw and Pryzibilla traded for rashard lewis, and then stephen jackson traded for Jeff green and JO!

Our new lineup: augustin, MJ, Rashard, Green, JO. 6th man - tyrus thomas.

Hope we get better :)
mpac

Postby J@3 on Tue May 24, 2011 10:47 am

I'm an idiot. In the conference semi finals with Sacramento, best of 3 series and it's 1-1. There's 11 seconds left on the clock and they had just had free throws. So I figure "well scores a level, I'll just dribble the clock out and throw up a shot to try and win it on the buzzer". So I do that. Only the shot misses and Sacramento starts celebrating. I'm like wtf what's happening? Then I looked at the score. Turns out the two free throws put them 1 point up, instead of bringing them level as I had somehow convinced myself it would. Very frustrating.

Went into the off-season with 12 million in cap space, 1 first round pick and 2 2nd round picks. I put Tiago Splitter and Lamar Odom up for trade, and Atlanta offered me a 1st round pick. I figured that's cool wouldn't mind another one. Turns out the pick was #3 overall. Idiots. I traded it back to them for the 18th pick (which they also had) and seemed more realistic to me. So I had picks 18 and 20. I got Jamie Horsley, a 6'6 shooting guard who isn't rated very high but has a lot of potential and is only 19. I also picked an Italian C that I've liked for a while. In the second round I got a 6'5 SG who was projected to go mid first round, and a 6'7 SG who is skinny as hell so I've made him a PG Penny Hardaway style.

Had 280 reward points which was good, I used 75 of them to boost Theo Johnson's weight/strength... he's upto like 235 and looks like a tank now. I might do it one more time and try to get him to 250 lol he'd be like a mini LeBron. I also boosted Vaughn's potential by 10 points which took it to 83, so he should turn into a pretty good player I hope. He's the 6'11 PF I have converted into a SF, though in pre-season he's playing SF because I've got so many other guards and forwards to try out.

I've played a couple of pre-season games just to see how the new guys go. Here are my observations;

- The Italian C is a really good shot blocker
- Richie Hardaway is basically a Dwyane Wade clone... or what Dwyane Wade would be if he were rated 75 overall. Had 29 points and 9 assists in one pre-season game, 15-15 from the FT line
- Ibaka is a BEAST now. Against Orlando I played him for 12 minutes, he finished with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Never seen anyone rebound like that in this game
- Donald Gibb has improved, he completely murders guys in the low block if they aren't rated highly
- Theo Johnson's new found strength has made his post-game really reliable. Can back smaller guards in as far as I want. Scored 16 points in 6 minutes vs Cleveland
- Of the rookies, the 6'7 PG is solid. Horsley definitely has a future (reminds me of Doug Christie) and the 6'5 guy will probably spend the season in the D-League
- I think Vaughn could become an excellent player. With his size and mobility if he gets his rating up in the low 80's he could force Rasheed Jordan out. Really good rebounder too
J@3

Postby debiler on Tue May 24, 2011 5:18 pm

Seems like I'm finally sticking with my latest association. Played 12 games with the Clippers now, which can be frustrating as hell, but a whole lotta fun too. Currently, I'm at 2-10. Bad, isn't it? But I'm planning a big run for the next couple of games. Been in a shooting slump lately, none of my guys could hit consistently (first 10 games: .401 team 3pt%, last two games: .200 team 3pt%).
I almost beat the Spurs and the Thunder, but as always, those shots just don't fall when you need them most.

Here's my roster and some stats:
C - Chris Kaman (8.8/7.0/1.4blk)
F - Blake Griffin (25.3/8.9/1.5stl)
F - Shane Battier (6.7/4.4/2.0stl/2.1blk)
G - Eric Gordon (15.1/3.0/1.2stl/4.2ast)
G - Ramon Sessions (8.0/3.2/9.0ast)

Bench:
G - Eric Bledsoe (5.9 ppg, 4.7 ast)
G - Allen Iverson (13.0 ppg, .410 3pt% 20 mpg)
F/G - Jarvis Hayes (11.5 ppg, .480 3pt%)
C - DeAndre Jordan (2.6 orpg)
F - Leon Powe (1.000 FT%)
F - Craig Smith
C - Nikola Pekovic

IR - Brian Cook

Not an amazing roster, but it's wacky fun to play with those guys. Battier is a beast on D. Held Durant to 9 points on 4-21 shooting (while Westbrook lit me up with 38 - that little fucker). I was surprised that Griffin is actually pretty weak on the defensive end, so I try to prevent my opponents from making too many plays for their PF. Didn't work in my last game, though. Love dropped 30/15 on Blake's sorry ass and Beasley hit some unbelievable shots over Shane Battier for 29 points. While Griffin had a monster second week with almost 40 ppg and 13rpg, he kinda hit the rookie wall right now. I try to use different plays than just the P&R to get him some points, but that's really his bread and butter. Kaman has been underwhelming so far (8.8ppg/7.0rpg/1.4bpg), but his post D is awesome.
My bench has been quite consistent over the last couple of games. Iverson is like a sparkplug. I can just throw him in there and he'll ignite. That guy scores from everywhere. I use him very much like the Mavs use Terry, solid scoring from the bench. But my favorite guy on the whole team is Jarvis Hayes. He's incredibly consistent from midrange and beyond.
As you might have guessed, I don't play to win. I play to have fun. I love making defensive stops and using set plays. The only thing that bothers me is that I can only control one guy on defense. If I clamp onto - let's say - Ginobili, then Parker will either drive or find RJeff who is open every single time. :? But what can I say? It's hip to be a Clip. Love this association.
Side note: Wondering where Aminu and Mo Williams went?Well, I have the 2011 picks from Cleveland and Minnesota, so there... ;-)
Confucius say: "Man go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger."
debiler

Postby mpac on Wed May 25, 2011 11:29 pm

With the new lineup in my jordan challenge with the Bobcats, i only manage to get 4-4 in my standing to get to 23-19 and current 7th seed. Jordan keep on doing almost everything now but with less scoring as Rashard is helping a lot in offense. Green plays like how he plays in real life with Celtics, inconsistent. Augustin, playing hurt but still giving some playmaking. JO and Tyrus plays solid interior defense, but big props to JO as he is really guarding the paint well. So far the performance looks mediocre, but i think we have a potential :D

Aside from keeping us above .500 mark, i am also gunning for a spot in the All Star lineup, right now I am closing in into 5th place in the East guard ballot. I also hope i could get into the MVP race (lebron leading all the way)
mpac

Postby Jeffx on Fri May 27, 2011 2:37 pm

Here's the Knicks scoring two months into Year 2(58-game season)

C.Anthony-------34.9(2nd in NBA behind Kobe)
A.Stoudemire---22.0
D.Brown---------18.2
N.Krstic----------13.7
L.Fields----------9.8
S.Williams-------6.6
R.Rubio----------5.7
T.Douglas--------3.6
B.Walker---------3.0
J.Przybilla--------1.3
J.Jeffries---------0.8
R.Turiaf----------0.7
Jeffx

Postby rise on Sat May 28, 2011 6:07 am

Played a short game: 2 minute quarters. I was Philadelphia playing against Minnesota. I played the whole game at a really fast pace, but I lost 54-52 in 2OT. Iggy got a triple-double of 17 points, 13 assists, and 12 rebounds and Michael Beasley scored 32, including a shot at the buzzer, which had it missed, we would've gone into a third OT. I also fouled out Luke Ridnour and Sebastian Telfair. They never played at the same time and they both fouled out in eleven minutes of play. Ridnour fouled out in 4th quarter, Telfair came in, and Iggy, Evan Turner, and The Jruth just drew a bunch of offensive charges. :crazyeyes:

Live 2003 is starting to get a little too unrealistic for my liking, and I would buy a new game if my computer could handle it.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Bucket on Sat May 28, 2011 6:08 am

z02 wrote:I would buy a new game if my computer could handle it.

Upgrade your PC and play 2k11 :cool:
Bucket

Postby rise on Sat May 28, 2011 6:09 am

Yeah, I'm getting a new laptop for college this summer. Will do it then. (Y)
rise
Contributor

Postby J@3 on Sat May 28, 2011 9:34 pm

I've got some dilemmas with my team. I have Rasheed Jordan at SF, he's rated 89 and is only in his second year. He's good, averaging like 16-17 ppg but he is basically a clone of Theo Johnson, only far worse than Theo. Meanwhile my C Donald Gibbs is shit, he doesn't rebound at all and he's inconsistent in the post yet he's rated 80 and has A- for potential so I'm reluctant to trade both of them, even though my team would be better with other types of players. I need a bigger SF for starters as Jordan is only 6'6, and I need a C who can rebound. There's some really interesting top 5 prospects in this draft, a 6'7 PG, two C's and a SF... really considering trading both Gibbs and Jordan for top 5 picks, but I think I'd regret Gibbs because he could wind up being rated in the high 80's/early 90's. So confusing
J@3

Postby mpac on Sun May 29, 2011 1:20 am

had my first 5 game winning streak with the bobcats, despite injuries of jeff green (out 2 weeks) and augustin (playing hurt). Now standing in 27-19 6th seed on the east.

Had a great game against the clips, where we held blake to 8 pts and 6 rebs. Jordan had another monster game, 38pts 4reb 14ast and 5 steals. Jermaine O neil had a breakout game with 18 pts and 12 reb, then rashard and tyrus had 14 each.

Jordan is now 4th in the east ballot and im still hoping i could get in the mvp race :)

next games - utah, miami, dallas and boston! yeahhhh... :applaud:
mpac

Postby The X on Sun May 29, 2011 6:06 am

Jae wrote:I've got some dilemmas with my team. I have Rasheed Jordan at SF, he's rated 89 and is only in his second year. He's good, averaging like 16-17 ppg but he is basically a clone of Theo Johnson, only far worse than Theo. Meanwhile my C Donald Gibbs is shit, he doesn't rebound at all and he's inconsistent in the post yet he's rated 80 and has A- for potential so I'm reluctant to trade both of them, even though my team would be better with other types of players. I need a bigger SF for starters as Jordan is only 6'6, and I need a C who can rebound. There's some really interesting top 5 prospects in this draft, a 6'7 PG, two C's and a SF... really considering trading both Gibbs and Jordan for top 5 picks, but I think I'd regret Gibbs because he could wind up being rated in the high 80's/early 90's. So confusing

I think you should look into dealing Gibbs. you need to get good value in trade though. As for Jordan, just because he's not your ideally sized for your style, keep him until you find that player
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby J@3 on Sun May 29, 2011 6:32 am

Yeah I think with there being 2 C's in the top 5 of this upcoming draft it'd be a good time to cut my losses with him and try to get one of those picks. It's a shame because there's times where he goes crazy and will finish with like 15/12 and 5 blocks but it's once every 6-7 games, and the games inbetween are like 6/4 ones. Must have a low consistency rating or something.

There's a 6'8 PF just outside the lottery who my scouts says is a great rebounder, so I edited him to give him blonde hair and a tonne of tattoos lol. Hopefully I can get him aswell.
J@3

Postby mpac on Sun May 29, 2011 6:34 pm

I agree with The X. I think it's better to deal Gibbs, as there are more opportunity that you can get a better rookie where you are also comfortable in playing during games. It also has lower risk on your part if you retain the other one, instead of dealing both and replace new ones. :)
mpac

Postby J@3 on Sun May 29, 2011 7:21 pm

I think you're right, I'd be spewing if I dealt Jordan and he turned into some 30ppg guy for another team. He's a better defender than Theo so maybe I should make use of that more.

Gibbs has 5 stars (or 4, whatever the maximum is) for his trade value, so I'm pretty sure I'll get a decent haul for him. Will try to get two picks (this season/next season) and a good player out of whoever gets a top 5 pick.
J@3

Postby mpac on Mon May 30, 2011 5:37 pm

game against miami, I can say we managed to outplay the big three as the combination of MJ-JO-Lewis prevailed. I can say payback is a b*tch. hehe. Jordan scored a triple double with 32pts 11reb and 14asst, JO 15 and 12, Lewis 17 and 8boards as we won by 8, 79-71.

Game against dallas, I was so stupid that i mistakenly thought its not the 4th qtr yet until the last 10secs of the game. Game tied at 75, i gave jason terry a room to hit a trey and there goes the game and our 8 game winning streak. Jordan had another awesome game with 29pts 8boards and 10 asst, while Lewis went scoreless but JO came out big by scoring 15 of his 19 pts in the 2nd half.

Game against boston was very exciting. We led most of the game until the last 2 mins where pierce 3 pointer got their first lead with 80-79, Then Jordan went one on one with rondo then take an easy layup plus a foul in the last 34 sec. Then we are leading by one, rondo made a nice short jumper to tie the game at 82-82 with 21 secs.

Then off an inbound, Jordan got the ball, set a screen with JO. Pick n Roll fail so I just forced it inside and luckily may awkward jumper got in. we now lead by 2, with 11 secs.

Game is 84-82 and we are in defense, The ball got to pierce (As usual) but we managed to challenge his shot, but unfortunately KG grabbed the offensive rebound, then followed it up to tie it at 84 with 0.4 secs, then suddenly... prrrrrrtttt a foul on Tyrus thomas! KG made the and-one basket, then there goes the game.. we lost 85-84 :(

Next game against the Pacers, we won handily despite Jordan not playing in the final 4 minutes of the game due to foul trouble.

Off to the next against Nets, Hawks, Lakers, Bulls. and then All star weekend. I am quite happy with JO as i can easily do pick n rolls with him rather than with Tyrus, Green or Lewis. We are now 31-21, currently on 7th seed, half game behind Orlando and a game behind the hawks. :)
Last edited by mpac on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mpac

Postby karlsanada10 on Tue May 31, 2011 8:25 pm

osaki wrote:I often quit MP or Jordan mode when the Game turn into those 30-40 minutes Games. However i tried it once again with a 6'7 190 athletic SG, survived Summer Cap and now playing with the Wizards. At least he is fast and has a good medium shot. :lol:

LOL. Funny thing is I also made a shooting guard, 6'5, athletic. Drafted by Wizards on pick 29 (Supposed to be magic). Struggling on shooting. I searched for a form that how I show in real life. I find it, I suck.-.-lol. but in my opinion, athletic type is like a complete package.
karlsanada10

Postby Nutellar on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:19 am

I already played some Games with the Wizards (myplayer). In the beginning i also had some problems to base myself, but in the last geames i had my breakthrough. 31 points against Memphis and 35 points against the 76ers.

After 12 Games i am not a starter yet, but i think i am on the brink to replace Nick Young. I like that athletic type because he is fast and has good ball handling from the beginning. Shooting isnt a prob at all, i often try to draw to the basket and this works out well for me. :lol:

edit:
In Game 14 against the Hawks i am first time starter. 22pts 5reb 3ast- could have been better , but still ok

This time i want to complete at least one season, i try to stay with teh Wizards its a great team and we are not that bad; 7-6 wins at the moment.

Is this a bug with wrong numbers in MyPlayer mode?
i.e. Evan Turner has #33, Griffin #11, Iguodala #1 just to name a few, its a bit annoyning.
:lol:

Here a small impression: -

phpBB [video]
Nutellar

Postby mpac on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:25 pm

Had another close game against the Nets, too bad im always on the losing end. We are leading again most of the game, as Jordan scored 15 of his 29 pts in the 3rd qtr. We lead by 15 in the 3rd. Suddenly in the 4th, The machine got hot and get them back on the game in the 4th. They grab the first lead 85-84 in the last 40 secs of the game. Same story again happened as Jordan had a great assist to Tyrus for a jumper to give us back the lead with only 18 ticks remaining. And then deron williams went one on one against Augustin, had a little regret i didnt manage to make a switch. Then DWill scored a buzzer beating jumper that won them the game. hehe

Next game against hawks, We won easily as Jordan scored 36 pts and recorded 14 asst. Then we manhandled the lakers as Jordan went 28 pts 7 reb 7 asst and 7 stls and held Kobe to 20 pts 6-31 FG.

Next game will be at Chicago before the all star weekend. We are now 33-22 7th seed, tied with Atlanta and a game behind Orlando :)
mpac

Postby J@3 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:50 pm

Warning: Long ass post

=====================

Here's some of the more interesting teams in the league...

Best players, not starting fives...

Charlotte Bobcats
PG - Brandon Jennings - 96
SG - James Harden - 91
SF - Mike Wilkes - 84 (#4 pick in 2012)
SG - Jim Holmes - 80 (#2 pick in 2013)

Won a championship two seasons ago, Jennings and Harden is a beast of a combination in the backcourt but Wilkes has let them down by not developing the way he should have. Was rated 83 when he was drafted. Could have taken at least 4 better players.

Milwaukee Bucks
SF - Richie Barber - 95 (#1 pick in 2011)
PG - Radoslav Sebic - 90 (#1 pick in 2012)
PF - Josh Smith - 84
SG - Joe Johnson - 80

Had back to back #1 picks and pretty much hit them both out of the park. I thought they should've taken Theo Johnson at #1 instead of Sebic but ultimately they decided to take Sebic and let Jennings walk in FA the season after. They have 6 shooting guards for some reason.

LA Lakers
PG - John Wall - 96
PF - Derrick Favors - 88
C - Amare Stoudemire - 86
SF - Anderson Bass - 82 (#2 pick in 2014)

Kobe and Pau Gasol left them in the same off-season, I thought they would be awful but they managed to sign Wall and Stoudemire, trade for Favors and draft Bass within the space of 2 seasons.

San Antonio Spurs
SF - Felix Guzman - 93 (#4 pick in 2011, signed from Detroit)
PG - Manny Santos - 89 (#3 pick in 2011, signed from LA Clippers)
C - Rex Childress - 88 (#7 pick in 2012)
PF - Tyrus Thomas - 84 (signed from Milwaukee Bucks)
SF - Christophe Micoud - 81 (#9 pick in 2011, signed from Detroit)
PG - Ervin Burke - 77 (#5 pick in 2014)

The new Miami Heat. They traded Tim Duncan away seasons ago before he retired, picked Rex Childress to replace him (a fantastic pick too) and in this off-season just gone signed Manny Santos, Felix Guzman, Tyrus Thomas and Christophe Micoud. Micoud was a strange signing, he's spent his career stuck behind Guzman at Detroit and when he finally has the chance to get some major minutes he signs with the same team as Guzman lol.

Golden State Warriors
PG - Stephon Curry - 92
SF - Carmelo Anthony - 87
SG - Monta Ellis - 86
PF - Wilson Chandler - 86

Picked up Melo and Jeff Green in season #1 and haven't changed the team at all since.

And the reigning champions..

Sacramento Kings
SG - Tyreke Evans - 97
C - Demarcus Cousins - 91
PF - Jason Thompson - 80

They won the championship last season (and knocked us out of the play-offs) but it was mostly on the back of the play of their then point guard Edgar Vincent, who signed with New York in the off-season. They have Yao coming off the bench and just traded for a solid point guard called Arthur Ferguson who's averaging 14/8 since his arrival, but they suck this season.

Also for those following, the Donald Gibbs saga is over. I lost my 4th game in a row, he finished with 10 points, 4 rebounds and a block so I'd had enough. Luckily for me he has 5 stars for trade value.

I looked at a bunch of players, Anthony Randolph, Dwight Howard, Rex Childress, Derrick Favors... until I settled on this deal:

Phoenix trades:
Donald Gibbs (81)
Kobe Bryant (85)
Taj Gibson (74)
'16 2nd round draft pick

LA Clippers trade:
Blake Griffin (95)
Quincy Holloway (68)
Rob Westphal (65)

The Clippers had a REALLY good young team two seasons ago, they looked like this:

PG - Manny Santos - 89
SG - Eric Gordon - 88
SF - Al-Farouq Aminu - 85
PF - Blake Griffin - 95
C - Spencer Hawes - 77

And somehow managed to fuck it up, traded or lost EVERY player from their starting 5 except for Blake and surrounded him with crap. I figured they'd be better off rebuilding, so they got Gibbs with his A potential, Kobe's 14 million expiring and a pick.
J@3

Postby karlsanada10 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:09 pm

osaki wrote:I already played some Games with the Wizards (myplayer). In the beginning i also had some problems to base myself, but in the last geames i had my breakthrough. 31 points against Memphis and 35 points against the 76ers.

After 12 Games i am not a starter yet, but i think i am on the brink to replace Nick Young. I like that athletic type because he is fast and has good ball handling from the beginning. Shooting isnt a prob at all, i often try to draw to the basket and this works out well for me. :lol:

edit:
In Game 14 against the Hawks i am first time starter. 22pts 5reb 3ast- could have been better , but still ok

This time i want to complete at least one season, i try to stay with teh Wizards its a great team and we are not that bad; 7-6 wins at the moment.

Is this a bug with wrong numbers in MyPlayer mode?
i.e. Evan Turner has #33, Griffin #11, Iguodala #1 just to name a few, its a bit annoyning.
:lol:

Here a small impression: -

phpBB [video]

Just finished Summer Circuit. Role player with only 12 minutes. Arenas is still on the team so Nick Young is a Bench Warmer,

I
karlsanada10

Postby Cleveland wins on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:19 am

Jae wrote:Warning: Long ass post

=====================

Here's some of the more interesting teams in the league...

Best players, not starting fives...

Charlotte Bobcats
PG - Brandon Jennings - 96
SG - James Harden - 91
SF - Mike Wilkes - 84 (#4 pick in 2012)
SG - Jim Holmes - 80 (#2 pick in 2013)

Won a championship two seasons ago, Jennings and Harden is a beast of a combination in the backcourt but Wilkes has let them down by not developing the way he should have. Was rated 83 when he was drafted. Could have taken at least 4 better players.

Milwaukee Bucks
SF - Richie Barber - 95 (#1 pick in 2011)
PG - Radoslav Sebic - 90 (#1 pick in 2012)
PF - Josh Smith - 84
SG - Joe Johnson - 80

Had back to back #1 picks and pretty much hit them both out of the park. I thought they should've taken Theo Johnson at #1 instead of Sebic but ultimately they decided to take Sebic and let Jennings walk in FA the season after. They have 6 shooting guards for some reason.

LA Lakers
PG - John Wall - 96
PF - Derrick Favors - 88
C - Amare Stoudemire - 86
SF - Anderson Bass - 82 (#2 pick in 2014)

Kobe and Pau Gasol left them in the same off-season, I thought they would be awful but they managed to sign Wall and Stoudemire, trade for Favors and draft Bass within the space of 2 seasons.

San Antonio Spurs
SF - Felix Guzman - 93 (#4 pick in 2011, signed from Detroit)
PG - Manny Santos - 89 (#3 pick in 2011, signed from LA Clippers)
C - Rex Childress - 88 (#7 pick in 2012)
PF - Tyrus Thomas - 84 (signed from Milwaukee Bucks)
SF - Christophe Micoud - 81 (#9 pick in 2011, signed from Detroit)
PG - Ervin Burke - 77 (#5 pick in 2014)

The new Miami Heat. They traded Tim Duncan away seasons ago before he retired, picked Rex Childress to replace him (a fantastic pick too) and in this off-season just gone signed Manny Santos, Felix Guzman, Tyrus Thomas and Christophe Micoud. Micoud was a strange signing, he's spent his career stuck behind Guzman at Detroit and when he finally has the chance to get some major minutes he signs with the same team as Guzman lol.

Golden State Warriors
PG - Stephon Curry - 92
SF - Carmelo Anthony - 87
SG - Monta Ellis - 86
PF - Wilson Chandler - 86

Picked up Melo and Jeff Green in season #1 and haven't changed the team at all since.

And the reigning champions..

Sacramento Kings
SG - Tyreke Evans - 97
C - Demarcus Cousins - 91
PF - Jason Thompson - 80

They won the championship last season (and knocked us out of the play-offs) but it was mostly on the back of the play of their then point guard Edgar Vincent, who signed with New York in the off-season. They have Yao coming off the bench and just traded for a solid point guard called Arthur Ferguson who's averaging 14/8 since his arrival, but they suck this season.

Also for those following, the Donald Gibbs saga is over. I lost my 4th game in a row, he finished with 10 points, 4 rebounds and a block so I'd had enough. Luckily for me he has 5 stars for trade value.

I looked at a bunch of players, Anthony Randolph, Dwight Howard, Rex Childress, Derrick Favors... until I settled on this deal:

Phoenix trades:
Donald Gibbs (81)
Kobe Bryant (85)
Taj Gibson (74)
'16 2nd round draft pick

LA Clippers trade:
Blake Griffin (95)
Quincy Holloway (68)
Rob Westphal (65)

The Clippers had a REALLY good young team two seasons ago, they looked like this:

PG - Manny Santos - 89
SG - Eric Gordon - 88
SF - Al-Farouq Aminu - 85
PF - Blake Griffin - 95
C - Spencer Hawes - 77

And somehow managed to fuck it up, traded or lost EVERY player from their starting 5 except for Blake and surrounded him with crap. I figured they'd be better off rebuilding, so they got Gibbs with his A potential, Kobe's 14 million expiring and a pick.

Long not really, enjoyable yes. Derrick Favors developed nicely, i like your draft picks.
Cleveland wins

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood