The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Postby Nutellar on Sun May 15, 2011 3:54 am

I am thinking to start an early 2002 2003 season now that inbars-2003 great roster is out. 2k11

Maybe with the Warriors, a great team to that time but they never show their potential. Warriors 02/03 team

A shame they couldnt keep Arenas to that time...
Last edited by Nutellar on Sun May 15, 2011 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nutellar

Postby rise on Sun May 15, 2011 4:06 am

Dallas was so much fun to play with and so easy to build an awesome roster with. Originally had 7'6 Bradley, Popeye Jones, Nowitzki, Finley, and Nash as starters, turned that into: Bradley, Nowitzki, Marion, Jason Richardson, Nash. Record: 78-4. Swept my way to the Finals, got killed by the Pistons in the Finals. :cool: (It got boring though...)
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Jeffx on Sun May 15, 2011 5:58 am

Valdis wrote:Jeffx, Melo second with 34.8? Who is first?

Kobe
Jeffx

Postby Bucket on Sun May 15, 2011 6:06 am

Jeffx, KOBE?!
osaki, it would be cool, but Warriors sucks :lol:
Bucket

Postby anubisak on Sun May 15, 2011 8:40 am

Mine is going great I just started the 3rd year with the 76ers. I won two titles. Now Im thinking in trading with the Pistons. This is going to be a huge trade. Maybe AI and S.Dalembert will leave Philly. I still got Howard
anubisak

Postby J@3 on Sun May 15, 2011 8:54 pm

Played a D-League game for the hell of it, it was pretty awful. No commentary and the players all suck. I scored 32 points with Vaughn, mostly through mid-range jumpers. Jesse Price on the other team was awesome so I signed him, and a guy who was averaging 35ppg. They'll just be bench fodder. Thinking about sending Gibbs down for 1 game, I think he'd dominate and I think that'd be a good thing so I can get an idea of what he's capable of offensively.
J@3

Postby hova- on Mon May 16, 2011 4:43 am

I find it funny at times to play some D-league quarters. Mediocre guys can light up the scoreboard and it's fun to play with 5 guys you've never seen before with different sig animations etc.

Still - as I said - you can own in a D-league game with one guy and then sign him and notice how much he sucks when facing the average NBA opponents.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Cleveland wins on Mon May 16, 2011 5:31 am

Mine is going well so far, I'm doing a lakers dynasty; i traded away Ron Artest and some other players in order to get two other 1st round picks. This years draft is strong, so now the lakers have 3 first round draft picks. I've been scouting, and i've come to the conclusion that the lakers need an athletic sf, a pg and another big man.

I've been developing Devin Ebanks quite a big this season and hopefully he'll be a star in 3 years. I'm also thinking of trading in the offseason in a three way trade with the magic. I may trade Andrew Bynum in a three way trade to orlando for Dwight Howard.
Cleveland wins

Postby shadowgrin on Mon May 16, 2011 6:39 am

Jae wrote:Played a D-League game for the hell of it, it was pretty awful. No commentary and the players all suck. I scored 32 points with Vaughn, mostly through mid-range jumpers.
hova- wrote: find it funny at times to play some D-league quarters. Mediocre guys can light up the scoreboard and it's fun to play with 5 guys you've never seen before with different sig animations etc.

At least you guys were able to score with D-Leaguers. I played one game and quit even before the first quarter was over. It was a brickfest, not just for my team but the opponent as well. It was like having the fast pace of Nellieball without the offense. I tried to slow it down but kinda pointless when the players are clanking set shots.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby rise on Mon May 16, 2011 7:44 am

I made a team out of Diop, Robert Swift, Matt Carroll, Garrett Temple, and Chris Quinn once. Played six games, and it got really boring when Diop had 31 points. :roll:
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Jeffx on Mon May 16, 2011 2:13 pm

Valdis wrote:Jeffx, KOBE?!

He's only percentage points ahead of Carmelo. That'll change as the season goes on.

Nenad Krstic is sweeeet! Has nice range for a big man. Gives me double-digit scoring off the bench.

For any Knick users, take the time to Derrick Brown's mid-range game. He's already a great finisher. Once you give him a consistent 'J', he's a solid role player. I like playing him at SG to create mismatches.
Jeffx

Postby J@3 on Mon May 16, 2011 2:13 pm

shadowgrin wrote:
Jae wrote:Played a D-League game for the hell of it, it was pretty awful. No commentary and the players all suck. I scored 32 points with Vaughn, mostly through mid-range jumpers.
hova- wrote: find it funny at times to play some D-league quarters. Mediocre guys can light up the scoreboard and it's fun to play with 5 guys you've never seen before with different sig animations etc.

At least you guys were able to score with D-Leaguers. I played one game and quit even before the first quarter was over. It was a brickfest, not just for my team but the opponent as well. It was like having the fast pace of Nellieball without the offense. I tried to slow it down but kinda pointless when the players are clanking set shots.

I had a guy averaging 28ppg with a 3 point icon so I was just jacking them up with him and shooting with Vaughn.

So my two D-League recruits Price and whatever the other guys name is (I really have no idea) have played two games. First game they both scored 0 and shot a combined 0-6, second game Price scored 10 and the other guy scored 8 in 4 minutes. Both are great from long range but took me a game to get used to their shot release. The dude who's name I can't remember reminds me of Reggie Williams.
J@3

Postby Nutellar on Mon May 16, 2011 8:42 pm

Having some fun with this squad, playin inbars 2002/03 Roster.

Pensacola Aviators

Lost the first Game against the Magic when T-Mac scored about 58 points :crazyeyes:

Now playing the Lakers...

Gerald Wallace, SF - 73 ovr
Chris Wilcox, C - 72
Al Harrington, PF - 72
Penny Hardaway, PG - 69
Anthony Parker, SG - 68
-
Jamario Moon, 6th SF - 70
Carlos Arroyo, PG - 68
Maceo Bastin, PF - 62
Charlie Bell, G - 61
D. Brown, G - 61
K. McLeod, PG - 60
Melvin Ely, C - 60
Francisco Elson, C - 60
D. Anderson, C - 57
J. Hart, C - 55 - generated 7 footer from FA
Nutellar

Postby mpac on Tue May 17, 2011 4:56 pm

not sure if this is the correct thread for this. I start playing the Create a Legend in Jordan Challenge. I put the young Jordan on his Charlotte Bobcats :) so far we are 0-3, and Jordan averaging 36pts 8reb 4 asst 3stls. Hope we will come up with a win :D
mpac

Postby The X on Tue May 17, 2011 7:55 pm

Hey mpac, feel free to post here, as should any My Player legacies go :wink:

Young MJ kicks arse. So athletic but no jumper.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby rise on Wed May 18, 2011 8:44 am

Played two games with the current Knicks in Live 2003, I definitely prefer the Knicks TEAM, before the Melo trade:

@ Lakers: Lost 119-103, Melo: 36, Amare: 31, Billups 22---Kobe: 35, Odom: 22, Gasol: 22. DAMN! the Knicks have no supporting cast whatsoever: 14 points not scored by the Big 3 and nine of them were scored by Derrick Brown. :roll:

vs. Pistons: Win 104-100, Seriously, the Knicks completely suck outside of their big 3 - Melo scored 37, Amare' has 29, and Billups had 20. 12 points not scored by the Big 3 and they played more minutes than the other game, as Amare was in foul trouble after half time. They only reason I won is because Rodney Stuckey scored 2 points on 1-14 shooting. :crazyeyes:
rise
Contributor

Postby mpac on Wed May 18, 2011 4:05 pm

The X wrote:Hey mpac, feel free to post here, as should any My Player legacies go :wink:

Young MJ kicks arse. So athletic but no jumper.

Hehe! thanks! :D yes MJ dont have jumper in his rookie year so i just keep on driving hehe. managed to win 3 straight, now 3-3 standing. This is the first time i played this since patch is released, and i just realized that you need to follow the plays and keep scoring 40+ pts to win as a bobcat! ahaha
mpac

Postby Nutellar on Thu May 19, 2011 12:26 am

I often quit MP or Jordan mode when the Game turn into those 30-40 minutes Games. However i tried it once again with a 6'7 190 athletic SG, survived Summer Cap and now playing with the Wizards. At least he is fast and has a good medium shot. :lol:
Nutellar

Postby mpac on Thu May 19, 2011 1:32 pm

hehe. i hope you''ll someday have your own jordan brand sneaker ready :)

Played three games last night. First game against the spurs was really the best i played in MJ mode. Jordan had a triple double 36pts 11reb 11asst and 6 steals over manu! i won the game by a very large margin, 98 - 72. Augustin backed me up with 10 and 13.

i lost a close 2nd game against the raptops, thanks to barbosa's pump fake in the last 40 secs that fouled me out in the game. We lost by 2 pts 78-76. Jordan scored 27pts 8rebs 6asst and 3 stls. Good thing my teammates are now picking up their offensive game. Diaw had 13 pts and 11reb, Tyrus had 10 and 10, jackson had 12.

3rd game vs the wizards, Jordan made only 19pts 7reb and 8asst but Stephen Jackson had his best game of the season, scoring 25 pts on 5-11 3pt FG.so we cruise with a 78-74 victory.

Good thing i don't need to score about 40 pts to win a game. I just need to always follow the plays and not screw them up ang go ISO :)

Standing: 5-4 next game against Utah, Minnesota and the Miami Heat (i cant wait for this one)
mpac

Postby J@3 on Thu May 19, 2011 7:40 pm

Changed Theo Johnson's shot style to Chucky Atkins (was Jordan) because I found I was missing too many open mid-range shots, seems to have been effective..

We've won 12 in a row now, beat Charlotte by 1 point. Theo hit a fadeaway from the baseline with 0.3 seconds left, Harden's 3/4 court shot nearly rimmed in at the buzzer but thankfully it missed. Ibaka had 27/16, Kobe had 15/6/11 starting at PG. Avery Bradley is gone for 4 weeks so I'm going with a Kobe - Theo - R. Jordan - Ibaka - Gibbs line-up. It works pretty well but the bench has gone back to blowing leads and generally being terrible.

I also traded Rod Schayes, my first ever draft pick, to Minnesota for their 1st rounder this season. I wanted a mid-first pick (Minnesota are hovering around the 7th/8th seed) because there's an Italian C in the draft that I like the look of to be Gibbs' back-up long term. Since the trade he's averaging 14/8 as their starting PG, may have not been the smartest move I've made given my current back-up PG is a D-League recruit because Hardaway was no good at that position.
J@3

Postby mpac on Fri May 20, 2011 2:24 pm

played two games against utah and twolves last night and then again, i split both games again. :) now 6-5.

game against Utah, Jordan had an off night as I am having a hard time getting open looks against raja bell. Managed to scored only 20 pts in 8-26 shooting, we trailed by 25 in the 3rd qtr. We got back and trim it down to 10 pts as Jordan scored 12 of his 20, but still lost by 15, 91-76.

game against twolves, Jordan got back and torched 44pts along with 8reb and 7asst as we cruise past minnesota with a 98-82 victory. Jackson scored 18 pts and augustin 10 and 13 asst.

Later, Miami Heat.yeahhhh!
mpac

Postby J@3 on Fri May 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Here's one for the WTF Files

J@3

Postby Cruzerr on Fri May 20, 2011 7:14 pm

And with that, I am going to reply as : WTF ?!?!

Other Awards?
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby J@3 on Fri May 20, 2011 7:52 pm

I think the others were fairly standard from what I remember, Josh Smith won DPOY, Trevor Booker won MIP, Alvin Gentry got COY, some guy averaging 15 off the bench got 6th Man. I think my guy Theo missed out because he played 22 of the 30 games, kinda sucks considering he put up 33/5/9.

-----------------------

Just had our first round play-off game. The format I use is 1-3-5-7, so it was a knock-out one first up. We were playing the Lakers which I was happy about because they were one of only 5 teams to beat us all season, but we didn't have Theo at the time and as it turns out they didn't have John Wall for this play-off game so I figured it'd be fairly easy because he had 31/11 when we played them before. We pretty much blew them out, it was fairly close at half time until Theo went nuts from three. Finished with 59 points on 22/33 shooting, 11/15 from three and 11 assists. I usually don't take THAT many shots with him but he was kinda hitting everything so I figured fuck it why not. He had 38 in the second half, though I think his 18 points in the last 2 minutes of overtime vs Detroit was probably the best he's played overall but for an entire game this is easily the best game I've ever had with him.

The Lakers are interesting to me. They had Kobe and Pau expire in the same off-season and decided not to keep either of them. Kobe went to Phoenix (us) and Pau went to Denver I think. I figured they'd be awful because their best player leftover was Shannon Brown, but they used their cap space to sign Amare and John Wall, and picked a really good back-up PG so they survived the transition period. The only other team in the league that I think has had a more interesting progression has been Golden State. They went and got Carmelo and Wilson Chandler in FA, as well as Jeff Green in a trade so their line-up is Biedrins - Chandler - Anthony - Ellis - Curry with Jeff Green coming off the bench. They're always either the highest scoring team in the league or second highest behind us. Got knocked out in the first round of these play-offs though.
J@3

Postby Justine. on Fri May 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Ibaka MVP! :lol:
Justine.
Novakaine!

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood