The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Postby BaubaS on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:20 am

Some week ago I've finished my Raptors association, and started Bobcats one. Im thinking how would my next season roster should look. Im about to draft Noel, get Iggy&Hickson from the free agency, and make the starting five look something like that:

PG: Walker
SG: Iguodala
SF: Kidd-Gilchrist
PF: Hickson
C: Noel

On the bench, I could have Ross/Ray Ray, Tyrus T, Sessions etc. What do you think guys? Would such team could make the playoffs?
BaubaS

Postby xzisted on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:24 am

I started a new association where I just simulate games and manage the team. I used the Timberwolves and our first season was very bad which in turn gave me good draft picks. Basically I just built my team through the first two drafts where I acquired Shabazz Muhammad, Nerlens Noel, and Andrew Wiggins. I also got Westbrook through free agency. After getting some reward points, I increased their potential along with Kevin Love, and after a few seasons I had a starting lineup with all 90s. XD First time I had a roster this good in association. In others I would usually just get 2 or 3 max 90 overall players so I'm really happy with this one.

xzisted

Postby Melo_Anthony7 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:57 pm

I'm playing with the Nuggets. I simulated the whole season, made no trades, now I play the playoffs, we're the third seed, and we are playing against the Grizzlies. We won the first two games quite easily, by 15 point difference I think (playing on Superstar) but the second game, we were losing 10 points, we came back, and then Conley hits a three pointer 3 seconds 'til the end and we lost 92-95, but then we played Game 4, and we pretty much had the lead from start to end, and we won 100-92, Game 5 is still to be played..

Injuries : Kenneth Faried, 1 month, too bad :(

Playoff player stats:
Iggy 20p 4reb 6ast
Lawson 19p 5reb 8ast
Gallo 14p 7reb 3ast
Chandler 9p 11reb 2ast
Melo_Anthony7

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun May 05, 2013 4:30 pm

Ok, as you guys can see, I'm back to the beginning. All my 2k files are in the trash... gone, and I need to install everything again. So I'm down with a couple of teams:

- Brooklyn
- Denver
- Golden State
- Toronto

Hopefully I can share something decent. :)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby JaoSming on Sun May 05, 2013 10:33 pm

finally started an Association I plan on playing for fun that uses the NST. Did a fantasy draft with my All Pro Basketball Division 3 rosters (so bench and role players at best, from current and classic players) and completely fucked up not getting a player who can pass. I went tall though, very tall.

1. 5'11" Eugene Jeter PG
  2. 6'6" Alexey Shved SG
  3. 6'5" Derek Anderson SG
  4. 6'11" DeAndre Jordan C
  5. 7'1" Tyson Chandler C
  6. 7'6" Shawn Bradley C
  7. 6'3" Darwin Cook PG
  8. 6'4" Travis Leslie SG
  9. 6'10" Vladimir Radmanovic PF
  10. 7'3" Hasheem Thabeet C
  11. 6'5" Robert Vaden SG
  12. 6'5" Terrico White SG

I've only played 1 game so far, but just <3 to Leftos again and again for NST, with scouting and such, it makes it so much more enjoyable.

I'll let NST explain the rage quit.
Montréal, the 30th strongest team in the league right now, after having played 6 games. Their record is currently at 0-6, putting them at #4 in their division and at #14 in their conference.

Average offensive team. Not really efficient in anything they do when they bring the ball down the court.

You'll have to worry about their scoring efficiency, as they're in the top third of the league. (#14 in FG%: 0.457 - #10 in FGeff: 5.25)
Not much to say about their 3pt shooting. Average, but it is there. (#21 in 3P%: 0.233 - #20 in 3Peff: 0.27)
A team that doesn't know how to get to the line, or how to score from there. You don't have to worry about freebies against them. (#23 in FT%: 0.643 - #28 in FTeff: 0.96)
They know how to find the open man, and they get their offense going by getting it around the perimeter until a clean shot is there. (#2 in APG: 8.2)

This team has just forgotten what defense is. They're one of the 10 easiest teams to score against. (#29 in PAPG: 35.0)

Second chance points? One of their biggest fears. Low low LOW rebounding numbers; just jump for the ball and you'll keep your score high. (#30 in RPG: 10.7, #25 in ORPG: 2.3, #27 in DRPG: 8.3)

A team that knows how to play defense. They're one of the best in steals and blocks, and they make you work hard on offense. (#9 in SPG: 2.2, #8 in BPG: 1.5)
Not good ball handlers, and that's being polite. Bottom 10 in turnovers, they have work to do until they get their offense going. (#29 in TPG: 5.8, #12 in FPG: 3.7)

In summary, their best areas are assists (#2, 8.2), blocks (#8, 1.5), steals (#9, 2.2), field goals (#10, 11.5 per game on 0.457), fouls (#12, 3.7).

Blame Canada. Not having any passers killed me. Not having any mid-range scorers or outside threats killed me. Not having interior offense anything killed me. Lobs to Jordan and Chandler made up so little of my points, it was just bad.

Lessons learned, but it was fun still.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby mpac on Thu May 09, 2013 4:58 pm

Thierry • wrote:Ok, as you guys can see, I'm back to the beginning. All my 2k files are in the trash... gone, and I need to install everything again. So I'm down with a couple of teams:

- Brooklyn
- Denver
- Golden State
- Toronto

Hopefully I can share something decent. :)

I vote for nuggets!
mpac

Postby Hiteshom on Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:42 am

I've started one but nobody is following... Hope you'll come check it out... "The Story of Riley Gisseman"
Hiteshom

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:27 pm

It's receiving a fair amount of views. Not everyone who reads feels compelled to comment or reply, so views tend to be a better indicator that people are checking out a thread.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Hiteshom on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:36 pm

Andrew wrote:It's receiving a fair amount of views. Not everyone who reads feels compelled to comment or reply, so views tend to be a better indicator that people are checking out a thread.

Oh ok that's cool.
Hiteshom

Postby hova- on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:35 pm

Yeah, you have to life with the fact that not everybody is commenting. I'm also a big fan of the opinion of other's come trades or other decision, even be it game discussions like sliders etc. But in the end not everybody has the time to reply and might just read your stuff quickly.

And it is definitely proven that you get more replies the longer your story runs as it gets more appealing to people then.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby dascoot on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:52 am

I'm hoping to start one for NBA 2K14 and NBA Live 14. I am planning if everything panned out to get an XBOX ONE so I can do the NBA Live 14. I want to be able to provide highlights if possible. My goal is this see list below

1) NBA 2K14- either XBOX 360 or XBOX One- I will probably more than likely pick Orlando Magic because I want to see how I can do with Nikola Vucevic, Tobias Harris, Maurice Harkless, victor oladipo. I will probably package Glen Davis, and Hedo Turkoglu to maybe try and get Derrick Favors from Utah. I want to have a very young starting four out of five of Vucevic, Favors, Harris, Oladipo and Nelson. I admit my goal the first season or two is to stink it up enough to land a top five pick. I am looking to draft a point guard or maybe an amazing power forward if the draft is strong enough. If i can't draft a point guard I will try to get one in free agency. I want to see if I can improve Tobias Harris, Victor Oladipo, Nikola Vucevic and Derrick Favors. I'm also hoping to get Hedo turkoglu and Jameer Nelson's contract off the books. I might go with Derrick Williams of Minnesota to give him a chance. I'd like to get Kendall Marshall from the Suns and give him a shot. I admit sometimes the first season or two I do try to tank just so I can get a top five player to build around. I do have a solid young team with Tobias Harris, Victor Oladipo, Nikola Vucevic. I feel like the Bulls when they had Hinrich, Gordon and Deng all trying to develop. I may also possibly try to get a point guard in the draft and go for a veteran power forward in free agency. I don't mind having one or two veterans on my team though. I may even go for Drew Gooden the first season in free agency to add some more depth to the power forward/center position

2) NBA Live14- Since I'm going eastern conference on NBA 2K14 I'm going to go western on this game. I'm more than likely am leaning towards either the New Orleans Pelicans or the Utah Jazz. the Pelicans are intriguing to me because of building around Anthony Davis and having players like Tyreke Evans, Eric Gordon and Jrue Holiday. I may though consider trading injury prone Eric Gordon for a center. If i don't trade Eric Gordon I may just keep him and use Austin Rivers as my sixth man or go after a free agent. I'd like to get a decent backup point guard to Jrue Holiday. If I could get Nerlens Noel from Philly then I would have a block party of Noel and Davis which would be fun to watch on defense. Offensively though it could be a nightmare which is why I'm looking to improve anthony davis on the offensive end. Another thought if to possibly trade Eric Gordon for Spencer Hawes and a first rounder. Don't know if I can get the first rounder or not. Spencer Hawes I feel could provide me some scoring at the center position. I want to have Tyreke Evans playing the shooting guard and start Al- Farouq Aminu or even give Darius Miller a shot. If I have enough cap I want to try and go for either Lebron James or Carmelo Anthony.

So what do you think?
Last edited by dascoot on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
dascoot

Postby Hiteshom on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:06 am

I'm definately getting PS4, just think about how awesome the share button will be for Dynasty threads. Can't wait!
Hiteshom

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:21 am

I'm always coming back :D

Started one with the Bulls, all simulated, and ended up with Rose, J.R. Smith, Gallinari, Faried and Noah. If I remember correctly the deal was Gallinari and Faried for Deng (morale at 25 and expiring), Young (a first round pick), a first round pick and a second round pick. Then Gibson wanted to be traded so I dealt him to Detroit, along with CJ Wilcox (a second round pick) for Earl. Plus Hinrich staying and the signings of Maggette (a personal fav) and Turiaf. 51-31, 51-31 and 54-28 in the first three years but never past of the Conference Finals.

It's either Bulls or Lakers for 2K14.
:cheeky:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby futan on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:32 am

Started an Online Association a while back w/ the Suns. Forgot about it for like a week. :x Came back and I was 3-12 lol. So decided to just completely rebuild. Started trading everyone w/ high salaries basically trying to just clear cap space and get picks. But that turned into more trading for players as well. 1st trade for Markieff Morris and a 2nd for Jazz's 1st. Then Bledsoe to the Pelicans for Aminu and a 1st. Gortat and Beasley went to the Raptors for Rudy Gay and a 1st. And lastly, Dragic, Frye and Butler went to the Hawks for Millsap and Teague. So lineup will be Teague, Shannon Brown, Gay, Millsap and I'll have to give Len a shot until next season I guess. :\ While the 'clear cap space' objective was definitely failed with the Millsap and Gay trades, at least the money is going to players who are worth it now. lol. I plan on drafting a SG with my (hopefully) 1st overall pick. lol. And maybe I'll have the cap space to get Gortat again or some other free agent Center. 4-17(of 29 games) atm lol.
futan

Postby skotas28 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:31 pm

Started an association on nba 2k14, with Pelicans (other choices were Cavs or Phila), but Pelicans had least players I dont like. Using JMoney superstar sliders and playing 12min quarters.

11 games in the season and Pelicans are something of a surprise team so far. To be honest the schedule was very easy. Record is 8-3.

Made couple of trades before the season. As I do not really know how to use Eric Gordon (undersized with odd shot release) and R.Anderson (too slow) and L.Tomas. Placed them on trade finder and got an offer from Grizzlies, Zach Randolph and M.Miller, so accepted it.

Roster for now, not sure if make more trades, probably will try to unload one of the C's for a PF.

PG J. Holiday
SG T. Evans
SF A. Aminu
PF Z.Randolph
C. A. Davis

Bench

PF E. Davis
PG A.Rivers
SF D.Miller
C G.Stiemsma
C J.Whitey
SG A. Morrow
SG Franklin

IR

B.Roberts

Made another trade J.SMith, M. Miller + 15 1st round pick for E.Davis and Franklin from Grizzlies.

So far 9-4 record.
skotas28

Postby PepsiWithCoke on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:46 am

The Cavs just turned epic in the second year of my Bucks association, They have:

C: Andrew Bynum
PF: Anthony Bennett
SF: Kobe Bryant
SG: Dion Waiters
PG: Kyrie Irving

As for my second year Bucks Team:

C: Larry Sanders
PF: Ersan Ilyasova
SF: Andrei Kirilenko
SG: OJ Mayo
PG: Brandon Knight

Bench:
Aaron Brooks
Chris Kaman
Bryant Davidson (2014 5th Overall Pick)
Nate Wolters
Giannis Antetokounmpo
PepsiWithCoke

Postby futan on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:43 am

Started a Defensive Center MyCareer. Timberwolves drafted me 9th overall. Somehow making it to the finals despite simming everything but key games. lol. Barely made it in to the playoffs at the 8th seed. Beat the Warriors, which we really shouldn't have, in 6. Then the Trailblazers again in 6 which is more believable. Then just swept the (Harden-less) Rockets in 4. This was my proudest moment in game 4.
phpBB [video]

lol. Howard was pretty much owned completely in game 4. He scored 10 points with 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal and +/- of -11. I scored a career-high 21 points, 12 rebounds(7 offensive amazingly), 1 assist, 1 block and a +/- of 20.

Edit: Lost 4-1 to the Nets :\ Not surprising though. Even without Harden, I shouldn't have beaten the Rockets or even the Warriors but I'll take it. :p
futan

Postby info-0 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:05 am

I have started new Association mode with Utah Jazz using UBR v6 Roster as a base. It will be a video story, so I recommend anyone interested in subscribing (not that it matters :lol: ).

I should be uploading at least 1-2 episodes per day. I am doing full games. Yes, full games. Not hot moments or highlights, full games only. Why? Because it helps me out too to see where I make bad moves and such. It really helps to become better player, even if it's dull to watch ;).

phpBB [video]

Enjoy! :)
My YouTube Channel - Go and check it out ;)
info-0

Postby Lamrock on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:36 am

Inspired by Portland's sorry play as of late, I started a Blazers association recently, intervening to stop this ship from sinking completely. Right now I sit at 49-27, riding a three game winning streak and heading into a match with Phoenix which would lock up a playoff spot. Looking forward to the off season as I have a real draft class.
Lamrock

Postby cumulonimbus123 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:22 am

I'm currently playing Miami Heat and the team is currently in the year 2039. The Heat was successful between the year 2014-2015 when winning the three-peat and then winning another Championship. In 2016, things went sour, when Ray Allen was shifted to the 76ers and Chris Bosh was carted to Memphis. They made the final the same year but Wade and James were injured so Anderson and Haslem had to lift the team, but they were swept clean in the series by Toronto. James retired the following year and the Heat made the playoffs again but failed dramatically in the Conference Finals. Wade decided to retire in 2018 and the Miami Heat were in the rebuilding stage again. They made the playoffs again but got knocked out in the Semi Finals. From then Michael Carter Williams came to Miami and tried to lift the new Miami Heat but failed after the coach Eric Spolestra left in 2019. From then they failed to make the playoffs. New rookies came to the heat followed by a gun forward Kurt Patterson in 2024. New Miami Heat coach was appointed, Larry Drue was now coaching the heat. The Miami Heat failed to get to the playoffs from 2019-2029, but things changed in 2030 when they finally made a playoff appearance but got knocked out in the first round by Detroit. The following year they made it to the playoffs again but then got knocked out in the first round. The team was rebuilding again but the new team was soon going to be better and win championships once again. Miami failed to make it to the playoffs in 2032-2034. They had a fantastic season winning 67 games in the regular season and then made it to the finals stretching the Memphis Grizzlies to game 7 and winning the championship. The following year, they were 1st seed and went back to back. Could they three-peat, yes they could. With a close to average record, Miami Heat were 7th seed in the playoffs but destroyed the New Orleans Pelicans 4-0 in the finals. In 2038, the season I have just finished they won another Championship, the teams fourth straight. Currently playing 2039 and the heat aren't doing to great.
cumulonimbus123

Postby info-0 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:43 am

Started new Association with Bulls :D.

phpBB [video]

Some shocking deals done too... :D
My YouTube Channel - Go and check it out ;)
info-0

Postby Lamrock on Sat May 10, 2014 7:58 am

I've gotta say, current-gen 2k14 is not very polished. No matter how high Joel Embiid is rated, team need always pushes him into the late first round / early second which sort of kills the immersion for a nerd like me. Maybe generic draftees are the way to go but I've been so spoiled by the last few 2k's having remotely competent draft logic.

So I've kind of shelved my association and decided to give myCareer a try. Ended up getting drafted by Bucks after my 25/1/2/6 to performance and was projected to get 12 MPG, being the third highest rated point guard. I play the season opener which immediately becomes a blowout loss, and after coming in midway through the first quarter, coach never takes me out and I play 41 very dull minutes. Lame. (N)

Then there's myTeam which is fun but I wasted all my VC on making my player rate @ 66 overall so I'm stuck with Beno Udrih and Copeland as my best players.

:boohoo: I know but five months later I still have buyer's remorse.
Lamrock

Postby The X on Sat May 10, 2014 9:23 am

I'm glad I didn't buy, I was underwhelmed by releases after 2K11. Tempted to play 2K11 again, even though it's obviously unpolished. Either that or try 2K13.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Sun May 11, 2014 4:42 am

2K13 is the best one since 2K11. I liked it a lot. There are current rosters available but you might need to use a USB to get them. My only problem with the game is that they took down the cloud servers but the game will always spend thirty seconds trying to save to them anyway.
Lamrock

Postby The X on Sun May 11, 2014 2:11 pm

I did download some rosters not long before servers went down with my Kiwi Steven Adams in it
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood