The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:46 am

Jae wrote:The issue with Vaughn is that when I drafted him he wasn't really meant to be that good. He was just some 6'11 second round power forward who had like 70 for potential. I've pretty much turned him into Frankenstein but a lot of his attributes are still pretty poor, so I figured giving him 90+ for potential might kinda accelerate the process and get him good fast. It seems to have worked, he went from 61-64 in his first two seasons and from 64-66 over the last season, he's at 71 now so he had roughly a 5-6 point increase over last year.

Whoa, that is indeed a significant increase from the previous year. I usually don't speed up the development of my second round picks for two reasons.
One, I'm cheap - if I wanted to sign him long term after his rookie scale contract expires, I'll be able to get him with a cheaper long term contract since his overall rating is lower. Two, I get to see which of his attributes 'automatically' improve for the duration of his rookie contract. If his rebounding is the one that improves season after season, means I don't have to boost that attribute for him since it increases automatically and I can focus on boosting his other attributes that I want to improve.

I wish there were better ways of developing athleticism. Giving him potential boosts for his reward points has kinda slowed that progress down, I know what sort of player I want him to be but I don't know if he'll ever get there.

You can use the Dribble Course development drill to improve his Speed and Quickness rating along with his Ball Handling. Ball handling for me is pretty useless unless the player has a good Ball Security and Off-Hand Dribble rating but for bigs the quickness and speed is what I'm after. I spam that drill with my bigs.
iirc improving Vertical is in Attack the Basket drill, which also improves Layup and Dunk. I barely use that for my bigs since it's hard to accomplish that drill using bigs because of their lack of dribbling skills (handling, security, off-hand) and a decent shoot in traffic rating is also required to make your shots.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby J@3 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:18 pm

Had my first regular season game, it was against the Lakers. Ended up going into overtime, Theo had 17 points going into the 4th quarter and finished with 46, for the Lakers James Bremer finished with 44 but was nowhere near as efficient. Theo hit a three to tie it in the 4th then hit this buzzer beater to send it into overtime;

phpBB [video]

We ended up losing by 4. Sorry about the quality, iPhone video camera sucks on the 3G. Can't wait to get my new phone. Anyway here's some stats...

Theo Johnson: 46 points | 8 rebounds | 5 assists | 18-24FG | 7-9 3P
Marvin Davis: 18 points | 8 rebounds | 3 assists | 3 blocks | 7-16 FG
Antonio Vaughn: 18 points | 9 rebounds | 2 assists | 2 blocks | 8-12 FG
Rasheed Jordan: 18 points | 4 rebounds | 4 assists | 7-14 FG
Austin Boyd: 15 points | 4 rebounds | 15 assists | 7-14 FG
J@3

Postby mpac on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:39 pm

had some 3 straight great games with my Celtics association, Game against the Cavs, we were down by 23 pts in the 3rd qtr, then with the help of Pierce and Wafer (yes von wafer) we slowly crawled back and cut the deficit down to 9 by the start of the 4th period. Then i relied on the post up moves of Al Horford, then raining threes from ray, pierce and wafer got us the lead 98-95 in the last 3 minutes of the game. Then from there, we got the lead and won 108-104 :)

Game against the knicks, the game was so tight but we are always in deficit, but in the 4th qtr, we pulled away and winning it by 6, 100-94 as rondo got 23 assist. :)

Then one of the best games i had in 2k11 against the spurs that needed 2OTs to finish the game. :) we led by 7 in the last 53 secs, then Manu made a 4 pt play that cut the deficit to 3. then we tried to run down the clock, but we failed to score that got them the possession with 5 secs. i thought we are winning until suddenly duncan throw a long pass to george hill then he hit a deep three at the buzzer to extend it to OT.

on the 1st OT, spurs leading now by 7 in the last 1:30 secs and rondo fouled out while Horford and KG has 5 fouls each. Then our life saver wafer scored back to back triples to bring us close by 1. then we intentionally fouled parker in the last 18 secs. He split the ft, then we didnt call a timeout and Allen hit a long three to tie the game with 7 sec. Then we stole the ball with 3 secs but pierce last second failed to hit the rim :)

on to 2nd OT, its wafer time! 3 straight triples, then on the last seconds of the game we forced tony parker to take a desperation three, that gave us the win 128-125 :) Wafer and allen had 31 pts each, pierce 21 pts and horford 18 pts and 11rebs. :)
mpac

Postby The X on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:32 pm

Theo looks like a great player (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby J@3 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:18 pm

He's easily the best generated player I've ever had. It's like using LeBron or Kobe or someone, I could probably average 50 per game with him if I wanted. I think Abe Ingram from the Claws was more fun to use though.

I have created a monster. Avery Bradley for the Bucks is averaging 27ppg after like 10 games. Scored as high as 38.
J@3

Postby Cleveland wins on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:43 am

I got excited because of this season's nba draft and possible offseason trades, so i decided to do an Laker dynasty. I wanted the lakers to get a lot younger and more athletic, so trades that i've made involved Gasol, Odom, brown, Bynum and Artest as the major laker names that i've traded.

This year's draft is very strong in the first season, I regret trading Bynum, but i'm planning on drafting with one of my 1st round picks, a 7'4 center named worthy, probably the 2nd or 3rd pick of the draft. I want to bring 2 wingmen, a center and a point gaurd to this team.

Through out the season i've trained the lakers rookie Favors, as i am trying to develop his defense. Although the first part of the year i've worked on his offense with a shooter assistant. I want this laker team to get better defensively. We have two players who are over $10 million in their contracts who are free agents, and two other very cheap free agents.

All whom i planning on releasing, we have 5 1st round draft picks, and a few 2nd round draft picks, we may forfeit a 2nd round pick or two, if i don't find anyone who fits our team, and the direction i want to take the lakers in. Although we did go all the way to the finals in a series loss against the celtics.

With our first pick we drafted a point gaurd out of north carolina who has great offensive skills, similar to Steve Nash.
With our 2nd pick we drafted a power forward, again from north carolina. He has great all around skills, except for his rebounding.

He's a very good shot blocker, very good midrange and three point shooter, but a below average rebounder, i may make him a small forward. With our next pick we drafted that 7'4 center i mentioned, he's a great inside scorer and good shot blocker, and he's from duke.

With our next pick we drafted a shooting gaurd from georgetown, not experience taking big shots but he's good at causing turnovers. With our final 1st round draft pick, we drafted a small forward from St.Francis, new york, he has a solid jump shot.
Cleveland wins

Postby Jeffx on Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:02 am

A great Year 2 for the Knicks:

Season Two Awards:
MVP - Carmelo Anthony(NYK)
Rookie of the Year - Ricky Rubio(NYK)
6th Man - Derrick Brown(NYK)
Defensive Player - Josh Smith(ATL)
Most Improved Player - Linas Kleiza(TOR)
Coach of the Year - Mike D'Antoni(NYK)

Carmelo Anthony - All-Star(starter), Scoring Champ, All-NBA 1st Team

Ricky Rubio - All-Rookie 1st Team, 5x Eastern Conf. Rookie of the Month
Last edited by Jeffx on Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeffx

Postby karlsanada10 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:17 am

So yeah, became a starter on Wizards.xD Yeah baby! Oh wait, it was since I posted the Heat game.So we're not going to playoffs probably. Cuz I suck. I can't lead the team and they also suck. Trading arenas for Hamilton.-.- They should have got a power forward.

Recent games, I put up 24-29 points per game. Not enough to win games but I'll stay.
karlsanada10

Postby J@3 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:03 pm

First, a couple of minor trades...

Suns receive:
George Hill (74)
Daequan Cook (72)
Ron Faulk (78)

Mavericks receive:
Adrian Hunter (74)
Raymond Felton (78)

Hunter was the drawcard here for Dallas, he's been underwhelming so far but he has A for potential so teams will always take a gamble on him. I had no use for him nor Felton and managed to pick up three expiring contracts for them.

Suns receive:
'17 First round draft pick
Darrell Arthur (72)

Grizzlies receive:
Ron Faulk (78)

Basically swapping two expiring power forwards, the Grizzlies are trying to win now and Faulk is a noticable upgrade over Arthur who probably won't play much for us. Just wanted the pick basically.

Also a non-Suns trade that I found interesting, the Knicks traded their lucky charm Edgar Vincent to the Hawks for Mike Conley. Vincent has played on two different teams in the last two seasons and won two championships, so it'll be interesting to see if the Hawks keep that trend up.

We're currently sitting 3-4 after 7 games which makes us around 1/4 through the season, time for a quarterly review of the starters...

Theo Johnson
32.6 PPG | 4.9 RPG | 6.1 APG | 1.4 SPG | 2.0 BPG | 2.1 TO | .600FG | .533FG3
Best Game: 46 points | 8 rebounds | 5 assists vs LAL (L 134-138)

The Good:
The first thing that sticks out is his shooting. Theo is shooting 60% from the field and 53% from three, which is a significant improvement over the last few seasons. His rebounding has been strong as well, improving by over 1 per game. A natural born scorer, Theo is definitely one of the true superstars of the game at this point in time and at the age of 26-27 should be heading into his prime.

The Bad:
Defensively he struggles staying with his man, in most games the opposing teams shooting guard will score all over him despite his gaudy defensive numbers (1.4spg, 2.0bpg). He has also had a bit of a problem adjusting to being a secondary playmaker behind rookie PG Austin Boyd, having taken the reigns in that department for most of his career.

NBA Comparison:
Tracy McGrady (prime)

Rasheed Jordan
17.0 PPG | 4.6 RPG | 2.6 APG | 1.4 SPG | 1.1 BPG | 0.6 TPG | .561FG | .300FG3
Best Game: 23 points | 5 rebounds | 4 assists vs NJN (L 116-127)

The Good:
Rasheed overcame some initial struggles to post strong numbers in the last 4 of his 7 games. His rebounding and assists are up on last season and he's managed to keep his scoring at around the same level despite the introduction into the team of two scorers in Boyd and Davis. Barely ever turns the ball over, extremely safe and a tremendous defender.

The Bad:
Tends to drift in and out of games, has really lost his way from three compared to early seasons as well. He is a shooting guard being forced to play small forward and his size can give him some match-up problems.

NBA Comparison:
Ron Artest w/ better offense

Austin Boyd
14.4 PPG | 2.0 RPG | 8.6 APG | 3.7 SPG | 0.9 BPG | 2.7 TPG | .447FG | .154 FG3
Best Game: 15 points | 4 rebounds | 15 assists vs LAL (L 134-138)

The Good:
Immense playmaker, Boyd manages to consistently create offense for his team and slices through the lane any time he wants. He finishes extremely strongly inside and is big/stocky enough to cause problems for his opposite number defensively. He leads the league in steals and may already be the best defender at PG in the West.

The Bad:
Pretty much awful from outside. Is shooting 15% and is really no threat from outside of 15 feet. This causes some issues as defenses don't have to respect his shot so he needs to work harder to make space for himself to penetrate.

NBA Comparison: Rajon Rondo

Marvin Davis
17.1 PPG | 8.0 RPG | 3.3 APG | 2.1 SPG | 1.6 BPG | 1.9 TPG | .530FG | .000 FG3
Best Game: 20 points | 7 rebounds | 3 assists vs CHI (W 114-97)

The Good:
Shows an unexpected and much welcomed touch from mid-range. Almost automatic from 15-18 feet and uses this to draw bigger defenders out to guard him. He is an extremely good positional rebounder and shows an ability to block shots in help defense. He has a solid low post game and is an extremely good passer for someone at his position.

The Bad:
Really struggles to defend bigger centers. He is pretty much a large power forward playing at the 5 spot, and while he does a decent job defensively they tend to score on him quite easily in single coverage. Not quite mobile enough to play power forward and maybe not big enough to defend opposing C's, he is a bit of a tweener

NBA Comparison: Smaller Chris Kaman with better D

Antonio Vaughn
15.3 PPG | 7.3 RPG | 2.4 APG | 2.3 SPG | 1.6 BPG | 1.0 TPG | .561FG | .000 FG3
Best Game: 19 points | 9 rebounds | 2 assists vs ORL (W 124-112)

The Good:
Has managed to step up from being a bench small forward getting 13 minutes per game to a 30 minute per game starting power forward. Has shown some great signs defensively and his mid-range jumper has improved quite a bit, uses his size and strength to hit the offensive glass as well. When matched up against smaller opponents can score on them in a variety of ways from the low post.

The Bad:
Can be quite streaky offensively and despite being good on the offensive glass he is fairly lazy on the defensive glass. His post moves are fairly ineffective against opponents his own size, and while he would do well offensively at small forward he's still too slow to play there consistently. Another tweener.

NBA Comparison: Late career Chris Webber with better D but no playmaking
J@3

Postby The X on Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:45 pm

Sad to say it but your team seems to be wasting away Theo's prime. Maybe T-Mac is an appropriate comparison :(
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby rise on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:50 pm

Damn! The Bobcats suck after we traded Stephen Jackson for Maggette. :crazyeyes:

I tried it out in Live 2003 with a starting five of Kemba Walker (76), DJ Augustin (78), Gerald Henderson (75), Tyrus Thomas (75), and Bismack Biyombo (74) (wow, we're small and we suck) with Maggs and Kwame on the bench. Ended up 14th in the East with a 20-62 record, ahead of only the 11-71 Toronto Raptors. (cavs made the playoffs lol)

Drafted a 6'10, 240lb small forward named Stevens with the 4th pick. Had an 83 rating. Excellent three shooter and a great rebounder. He was really quick and had some big hops too.

So I traded off Thomas, Augustin, and Diop to get a 7'3 rookie center named Allen Webber from Sacramento. He was the 11th pick and had a 75 rating. Also picked up a rapidly improving Jason Thompson.

My guys actually improved quite a lot, with the exception of Maggs.

So I've got Walker (79), Henderson (78), Stevens (83), Biyombo (77), Webber (75).
Bench: Jason Thompson (76), Kwame Brown (74), Maggs (74) + a bunch of scrubs.

I'm currently $17M under the cap, so I've lots to work with. :D
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Bucket on Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:05 am

z02, Henderson 75 and Maggette 74?... :turrible:
Bucket

Postby rise on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:12 am

Maggs is declining. :cry:

Anyway, I simmed the next season. We finished 12th in the East (27-55), but I snagged the 3rd pick! Biyombo was the league's leader in blocked shots with 3.2bpg and Gerald Henderson had a breakout season with 22.1ppg and 4.9rpg.

I made one trade midseason, trading three of my scrubs (one was Morris Almond, don't remember the other two) to Dallas for a very expensive JJ Barea! (He signed a 4-year, $36M contract the previous offseason, then got stuck as a third-stringer PG). Dallas completed a three-peat (they won last season too) after trading Barea, then J-Kidd and Stojakovic both retired and they let Shawn Marion walk in free agency. I hoped to get Marion as a backup at the 3, but he didn't sign with me. He chose Detroit over Charlotte. :lol:

Anyway, the draft was crazy. I drafted another center with the third pick but traded him off when I found out he was hopeless on the boards, even though he was crazy athletic and a monster shot swatter. I traded him and Maggs to Milwaukee for pick #7 and last year's #6 pick. One was a 6'5 combo guard, who I'll probably play as a swingman and one was a 6'8 small forward, who can probably play the 4 and the 2 as well- both players are rated at 79. I think they'll be sparks off the bench, because Henderson is turning into a borderline All-Star and Stevens is playing very well also.

Jason Thompson improved a lot this past season (16ppg, 9rpg), so I'm making him a starter over Webber. After a couple of minor free agent signings, here's my new lineup:

PG: Kemba Walker (81), JJ Barea (79)
SG: Gerald Henderson (81), Ronald Wesley [rookie] (79)
SF: Sam Stevens [sophomore] (83), Jonathan Vance [sophomore] (79)
PF: Bismack Biyombo (78), Kwame Brown (73)
C: Jason Thompson (80), Allen Webber (76)
Little used reserves: Matt Carroll (71), Mario Winter [sophomore- 6'6 combo guard, picked 37th] (69), Evan Willis [rookie- 7'0 center, picked 35th] (69), Royal Ivey (68), Dante Cunningham (68)

Biyombo's offense just isn't improving- he averaged just 4.2ppg last season, but he had 9.7rpg and led the league with 3.2 blocks. His field goal % is in the upper 30s or low 40s and he basically just scores on dunks. It's a damn good thing I've got scorers in Hendo (22ppg last season), Kemba (19ppg), Stevens (16ppg), and Thompson (16ppg) to help out. Biyombo's defense is just something else. Wesley's defense is great also, but his shooting range is worse than Rondo's from the couple games I played. He's gets to the rim pretty well though. Vance is a talented player who reminds me a lot of a Boris Diaw, Lamar Odom, and maybe LeBron James. He does some of everything and if Kemba or JJ went down, I think, given his skillset, I might even run a point forward role with him. I think, however, he'll be more of an undersized power forward, and he's a scorer, which is good to have behind a guy like Biyombo.

I think this team can make the playoffs.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby J@3 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:57 pm

The X wrote:Sad to say it but your team seems to be wasting away Theo's prime. Maybe T-Mac is an appropriate comparison :(

Yeah I know :( I'm hoping with 3-4 first round picks and all the cap room I'll have I can put together a super team and win a couple of championships with him in the next season or two

----------------------------------------------------

Went on a 3 game losing streak so I decided to change things up before playing against Golden State. I moved the 6'6 Rasheed Jordan to power forward and shifted 6'11 Antonio Vaughn to SF. Vaughn had been struggling playing inside, he isn't athletic enough to score in close against guys his own size and Rasheed can't create his own shot off the dribble against faster SF's. Both were playing poorly so I wanted to experiment. I set my defensive settings so Rasheed would guard SF's and Vaughn would guard PF's, but offensively they'd swap positions.

It worked pretty much perfectly. Even against Jeff Green who is one of the more athletic PF's in the league Rasheed pretty much tortured him. Blew past him every time he got the ball and was fast enough to create enough separation for a few threes as well, he finished with 24 points, 6 rebounds and 3 blocks in what was easily the best game of the season for him. Same deal with Vaughn, not only scoring from post-ups against the smaller Wilson Chandler but being at SF also meant he hovered around the 16-18 foot mark more, which lead to 5-6 open jump shots which he hit pretty well. He finished with 22 points and 8 rebounds. It's a weird unit but I think I'll stick with it going forward, as long as they swap positions defensively I think it'll work out pretty great. I feel sorry for any teams with 6'5-6'6 guys at SF who have to defend Vaughn in the post and anyone remotely unathletic will get killed by Jordan. We won by 16.

Also signed a free agent for the minimum over 2 years. His name is Dell Francis, he was the Wizards starting point guard for the last two seasons where he averaged 15 points and 8 assists per game. Unfortunately the Wizards were awful and went out and drafted a point guard at #1 overall (6'7 Gordon Palmer, who is a beast and awful to play against. Scored all over Boyd) so they had no use for him and just cut him for some reason. He's only 26 and better than George Hill, who is older and expiring. Should strengthen the team somewhat.
J@3

Postby rise on Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:23 am

Finally, we made the playoffs in the 2012-13 season!

This team is actually very good when I play just nine or ten guys. I made no trades and no signings this season. Unfortunately, Kemba missed most of December, January, February, and some of March after breaking his foot, but JJ stepped in really nicely and Mario Winter, who I though was a total scrub, actually played as a solid backup. Kemba only played 33 games, but he still scored 15.5ppg and 7.7apg. Barea was solid, he's become the fastest player in the league rating-wise, and he averaged 16ppg when Kemba was out.

Henderson averaged 23/5/5 and became an All-Star, which was a huge shock, but when I was actually playing, it was so easy to score with him that he scored 44 against the Blazers and I didn't even notice that he had passed like 25, until late in the fourth when the game showed his stats.

Biyombo improved his rebounding further- he's now 5th in the league with 11.9, he's also leading in blocks again with 3.3. His offense is still awful- just 5.1ppg on 44% shooting, but he made his first three-pointer. Jason Thompson and Sam Stevens held steady, each scored about 15ppg and 8rpg. Stevens led the league in three-pointers attempted, despite missing 20 games with injuries, but was 19th in three-pointers made, and he shot 34% from outside, which isn't good because he has a 90 rating for 3pt shooting.

The playoffs were great, even if it was held to only one round (best of five). We finished the season 44-38 and got the sixth seed in the East. We were matched up against the 3rd seed Atlanta Hawks who had a starting five of Horford, Josh Smith, Odom, Joe Johnson, and Devin Harris. :crazyeyes: The Hawks had absolutely no bench, though. Their sixth man was a 71-rated rookie SF. We were tied 2-2, so I played the final game. That was a lot of fun even if we lost.

Gerald Henderson and Joe Johnson had a scoring duel. Henderson finished with 36 and Johnson had 38, while Jason Thompson and Al Horford were both completely out of it, and the athletic freaks that are Bismack Biyombo and Josh Smith basically had a dunk/block/rebounding contest. Kemba murdered Devin Harris with his shooting and Sam Stevens and Lamar Odom had a really fun battle of rather large small forwards as well. We were up by ten at one point late in the third, but the Hawks really took over the fourth quarter, as Live always does when you're up going into the the fourth. Josh Smith seemed to get every rebound, score at every possible opportunity, and he stole the ball quite a lot too.
At the 2:00 mark of the 4th the Hawks led 111-106, then Wesley scored a three from the corner, but then, of course Joe Johnson swished a three right after that. I even timed Biyombo's jump perfectly for the block, and I could have sworn the ball went straight through his arm. Then I called timeout, subbed out Wesley for Henderson, switched assignments on Biyombo and Thompson (made Thompson the PF, and Biyombo the C), and Stevens inbounded the ball Kemba Walker, but the pass was bad, and Devin Harris stole it and chucked an alley-oop to Smith. Stupid Live. Josh Smith finished with 32 points, 16 rebounds, 6 blocks, and 3 steals. :facepalm2:

The Miami Heat won their first championship in six games against the Tyreke Evans / Jimmer Fredette / Dwight Howard - led Sacarmento Kings. :lol:
rise
Contributor

Postby The X on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:00 pm

Jae wrote:
The X wrote:Sad to say it but your team seems to be wasting away Theo's prime. Maybe T-Mac is an appropriate comparison :(

Yeah I know :( I'm hoping with 3-4 first round picks and all the cap room I'll have I can put together a super team and win a couple of championships with him in the next season or two

----------------------------------------------------

Went on a 3 game losing streak so I decided to change things up before playing against Golden State. I moved the 6'6 Rasheed Jordan to power forward and shifted 6'11 Antonio Vaughn to SF. Vaughn had been struggling playing inside, he isn't athletic enough to score in close against guys his own size and Rasheed can't create his own shot off the dribble against faster SF's. Both were playing poorly so I wanted to experiment. I set my defensive settings so Rasheed would guard SF's and Vaughn would guard PF's, but offensively they'd swap positions.

It worked pretty much perfectly. Even against Jeff Green who is one of the more athletic PF's in the league Rasheed pretty much tortured him. Blew past him every time he got the ball and was fast enough to create enough separation for a few threes as well, he finished with 24 points, 6 rebounds and 3 blocks in what was easily the best game of the season for him. Same deal with Vaughn, not only scoring from post-ups against the smaller Wilson Chandler but being at SF also meant he hovered around the 16-18 foot mark more, which lead to 5-6 open jump shots which he hit pretty well. He finished with 22 points and 8 rebounds. It's a weird unit but I think I'll stick with it going forward, as long as they swap positions defensively I think it'll work out pretty great. I feel sorry for any teams with 6'5-6'6 guys at SF who have to defend Vaughn in the post and anyone remotely unathletic will get killed by Jordan. We won by 16.

Also signed a free agent for the minimum over 2 years. His name is Dell Francis, he was the Wizards starting point guard for the last two seasons where he averaged 15 points and 8 assists per game. Unfortunately the Wizards were awful and went out and drafted a point guard at #1 overall (6'7 Gordon Palmer, who is a beast and awful to play against. Scored all over Boyd) so they had no use for him and just cut him for some reason. He's only 26 and better than George Hill, who is older and expiring. Should strengthen the team somewhat.

Which reminds me, future 2k needs to adjust its defensive strategy/matchups to counteract your adjustment.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby J@3 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:15 pm

Yeah I was thinking about that before actually, in real life they'd just switch defensively. In the game I can exploit them.
J@3

Postby Lamrock on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:49 am

Job search not going well. You may see a new (aborted mid-season) Lamrock joint soon
Lamrock

Postby hova- on Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:05 am

Lamrock wrote:Job search not going well. You may see a new (aborted mid-season) Lamrock joint soon

Would be great. (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Houndy on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:34 am

hova- wrote:
Lamrock wrote:Job search not going well. You may see a new (aborted mid-season) Lamrock joint soon

Would be great. (Y)

That would be beast
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby rise on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:51 am

:applaud: :applaud: :bowdown: :bowdown2:
rise
Contributor

Postby The X on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:21 pm

z02 wrote:

:applaud: :applaud: :bowdown: :bowdown2:

I can't believe you guys are celebrating Lamrock's failure to get a job. That's a bit cold :lol:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Justine. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:54 pm

I think they are celebrating because of his upcoming story :lol:
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby hova- on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Oh, is it a real job? I was thinking you were like 18 and going to school. Was thinking of a job like to get some money next to school.

If not, then hopefully you'll get a job soon. (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby The X on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:59 am

I know what the celebration was about but nobody mentioned anything about his lack of finding job :lol:

And hova, yep, I'm assuming it's a summer job before college but not sure.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood