The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Postby Phil89 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:26 pm

Andrew wrote:"Not one, not two, not three..."

:lol:

cavs4872 wrote:What did Harden's rating end up being? I believe he is like in the high 60s out of the box, and was curious what he peaks at since he's a superstar today.

The core of that team is:

Kevin Durant - 26 years - 95 ovr
Derrick Rose - 26 years - 94 ovr
Blake Griffin - 25 years - 90 ovr
James Harden - 25 years - 88 ovr
Michael Beasley - 26 years - 86 ovr
Roy Hibbert - 27 years - 85 ovr

Elsewhere, Stephen Curry is only 85 overall. He did average 26p/10a the previous season though.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:07 pm

Talk about a super team!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:10 am

It's always important to back up your files. You never know when a file might get corrupted or deleted by accident. I have two flash drives so I'm always covered.

Dotson has been a real find for my Association....good mid-range shooter, has nice moves, handles the ball well, excellent finisher and super fast. I can play him at the 2 or 3 spot.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:11 pm

For my fellow franchise enthusiasts, I discussed the prospect of simulating games - and the need to make peace with the idea, especially as we get older - in this week's Monday Tip-Off: https://www.nba-live.com/mto-making-pea ... ted-games/
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:06 am

Hey guys, Thierry here! I guess you really didn't expect me to return. It's been almost four years since I was a truly active member. Life has not been very kind to me -- it's a long, long story. I found a personal retreat in movies (I've been watching one a day for the past two years), and also 2K14 with all the mods (UBR above all) that the forum has been providing.

I would love to make some sort of return and be around the forums again, if you guys will have me. :bowdown: I thought of some "What If?" scenarios from the past where I would start an association, or with today's rosters, it would be the Knicks.

Can't believe I registered 14 years ago.
:chug:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:34 am

Good to see you again!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:37 am

This is hilarious: Lamrock just started a thread, Kenny's back, I (of all people) started a thread. I was never the most active or regualar on this forum, but I know you remember me: probably "Hyperize." was one of my most well-known handles at the time... there's something in the water. :lol:
[Hyperize]

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:02 pm

cavs4872 wrote:This is hilarious: Lamrock just started a thread, Kenny's back, I (of all people) started a thread. I was never the most active or regualar on this forum, but I know you remember me: probably "Hyperize." was one of my most well-known handles at the time... there's something in the water. :lol:

I remember you man! It was a nice era :lol:
× Watching:
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby dare on Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:18 pm

So where is Sit? X? and hova? Nice to see you all back, I've been lurking around.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby [Hyperize] on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:03 am

Heads-up to everyone who started a 2K19 story already: people on OS are saying there is a glitch in 2020 where every center is commanding a max contract and players like KAT and DMC go unsigned because they're demanding so much money, so that should be fun. (Y) At least we have complete control over every aspect of the game.
[Hyperize]

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:33 am

Ok, so I have an scenario I like for every team in the league, except five: Thunder/Sonics (a team that I don't like/an association I've seen reborn several times); Cavs, Clippers (two teams I've never been fond of); Mavericks (I like a point in their history, but they did won a championship just a couple of years later), and the Spurs (which I used before in my HOF story). :cheeky: Some are sexier than others, of course, but 2K14 UBR makes everything possible. Anything you would like to see, peoples? (an actual team, it would be NY.)

What If's: 1996 Hornets (Kobe stays), 1996 Magic (Shaq stays), 2001 Hawks (Pau Gasol stays), 2004 Pacers (no Palace Brawl), 2008 Blazers (Durant instead of Oden)
Rebuilds: 1998 Bulls (after the three-peat), 2001 Grizzlies (fresh off relocation), 2004 Lakers (Shaq leaves), 2004 Celtics (no KG/Ray, let's try something else), 2008 Pistons (last time they won a playoff game)
Contenders: 1996 Heat (Alonzo, Tim Hardaway, Mashburn), 1999 Knicks (can they reassure their Finals berth?), 2000 Jazz (a trophy for Malone & Stockton!), 2001 Sixers (let's get AI a ring), 2002 Kings (battles vs. Lakers), 2003 Nets (two Finals losses), 2004 Suns (Seven Seconds or Less), 2004 Wolves (fresh off Conf. Finals), 2008 Nuggets (Conf. Finals with Melo, Billups, JR, Nené, etc.)
Just cool teams, IMO: 2003 Bucks (Gary Payton, Redd, Desmond Mason), 2003 Raptors (Vince stays for life plus Bosh!), 2003 Wizards (Arenas plus one of my favourite logo + jerseys combos), 2004 Rockets (T-Mac + Yao), 2005 Hornets (CP3! JR! West!), 2007 Warriors (8th seed defeating 1st seed Mavs).
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby [Hyperize] on Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:13 pm

Wow... lot's of good ideas there. Durant on the Blazers and big three-less Celtics are sticking out to me, but really, you should choose the '04 Rockets: continue on as I will abandon my Live 10 story. :lol:

I've never actually played an NBA game on PC, so I'm unaware of the UBR (I know what it stands for and I've seen Jao's video on it), but I'm astounded by the options, and the prospect of using a recent game to do a story with a classic team is awesome... how far back does it go, and pretty much everything will be accurate save the franchise year?

I might have to try out the UBR for myself, though I've never been savvy at modding.
[Hyperize]

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:30 pm

cavs4872 wrote:how far back does it go, and pretty much everything will be accurate save the franchise year?

I might have to try out the UBR for myself, though I've never been savvy at modding.

IIRC, roster files from the 60s until today, and draft classes from the 70s until today. Not hard at all, you just have to copy jerseys, courts, logos to the 2K directory and rosters, draft classes, settings to the Saves directory. Then you load in game. Easy peasy.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Martti. on Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:21 pm

Finally got myself 2K19. Been playing 2k14 on PC on and off for the last 5 years...

After 2 online games realized that I should probably start with offline games and perhaps some sort of MyLeague or MyGM.

Nice to see this section lively again and many old faces returning as well. Might start something up once I'm better at the game and costumed to next gen (if they even call it that anymore) gameplay.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:47 pm

Hopefully we can have you back, bro! (Y)
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby JaoSming on Mon May 27, 2019 11:14 am

After the Celtics got eliminated I started up a MyGM, fantasy draft with no duplicates. Got a heck of a team with Bill Russell, AD, Lillard, Kawhi, Conley, Peja, Petrovic, Korver, Allan Houston, plus Marcus freakin Smart.

I play with full 12 minute sim and played games, BUT, I SimCast into the 4th quarter on all TV & Division games with everything else getting straight up simulated.

After any fantasy draft I run a scrimmage to get used to the team. I play with one side for 5 minutes, then 5 minutes with the other side. Great way to get used to the players you drafted.

I also immediately setup the mentorships. Which got Houston bronze Limitless by the end of the season.

The MyGM shenanigans meshed well with this roster. I had Lillard and Conley fighting for starting positions, and then Petrovic and Houston doing the same. Each time I promised the starting position since the four were so similarly rated, and it kept their moral high.

Then Kawhi & AD wanted extensions....and with lovely fantasy draft salaries restricted by the hard cap, I had to make room to lock those two in....they were by far the most consistent players for me. So the salary dumps started with Conley, and then running through the bench for anyone over $12 million. Made room for the two extensions, but dropped the chemistry hard. I did end up trading for Kemp though, who was HUGE for the team despite the lower OVR, especially when I was playing in the 4th. Combining an easier training schedule and focusing on chemistry saved that though.

So the tactic of playing division games paid off and I snuck in with the 7th seed. Ended up sweeping the first round, then went 6 with the Knicks, and 7 against MJ & the Pistons to get into the finals...with the Thunder waiting who have Parish, Pippen, Josh Smith, and 2 wins on me in the regular season, since they were TV games.

Game 4 of the Finals, down 2-1, Lillard is going off from 3 in the SimCast but we're down 25 with 10 left. I jump in just to get a grasp of who I want to keep from the bench in the offseason.... and Lillard just can't miss. Contested, moving, just STUPID shots, and they're hitting. Commentary starts talking about Klay's 3 point playoff record, and then Lillard takes it with 6 minutes left and 15 points behind.... so I hit more, and more, takeovers and not. Getting doubled from 3, so easy buckets for everyone else....down 7 with a minute left. Down 3 with 10 left... Lillard OPEN 3 and hits with 0.2 left to force OT.

And then Josh Smith & Pippen happen. Lillard gets to 62, one behind MJ's playoff points record, but I get the L by 7.... seeing the garbage players come in has never been so deflating for me, even though that's why I jumped into the game to begin with. It's been so long since I've played a game that had me yelling and numb at the same time, literally mistiming shots because I was so jittery. The damn crowd being so loud, the commentary going on about the importance of not letting it get to 3-1, the records, just the INTENSITY....man.

It's been a while since I've gotten this invested, had to share. I highly recommend trying this, the personality clashes, lack of salary space, and just silly lineups like the Suns' Nash, Giannis, Porzingis, AND Yao, it's just a lot of fun. The first scrimmage really helps get a feel for the team, and the SimCast into the 4th let's the team play differently in crunch time (I cannot use Bill Russell effectively, yet he's a simulation beast) and let me play a good 5-6 games per session.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Mon May 27, 2019 1:22 pm

I Cannot BELIEVE Your Starting Five! :crazy:

That does sound wild, though. Is it Russell's height that's the issue, or is it more that his offensive game is fairly basic?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Tue May 28, 2019 4:26 am

Offensive game. I tend to chuck an open shot without looking at who caught it first....so yeah, most of anything outside of the paint is a miss from him.

Made a quick video of the clips I collected
https://youtu.be/cfi6R7ydZt8
phpBB [video]

(something about typing out those bbcodes just makes me nostalgic and happy :D )

Here are the transactions from the year

As teased at the end of the video, ended up with the 2nd, 11th, and other picks.... grabbed Barrett, Reddish, and Fall, then dropped/traded much of the roster because of the luxury tax. Bit of a reset, but having the accurate Summer League format (as of last year at least) is honestly one of my favorite parts of the game. Picking up random players and just having a sandbox to mess around with them.

Oh, and this amazing screengrab of Bill in a hoodie
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Tue May 28, 2019 12:38 pm

That's fantastic. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sat May 30, 2020 5:37 pm

Talk about fantasy - in Year 1 of my 2k18 Knicks Association (using updated rosters), NY will play Brooklyn in the ECF, lol.
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:48 pm

Il take the knicks in 6 Jeff!
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:46 pm

mp3 wrote:Il take the knicks in 6 Jeff!

For the past 20 years, Knicks have always been better in 2k than IRL. This current group is no exception. Randle & Robinson provide a punishing inside game (like Curry & Randolph from earlier 2ks). And this group is loaded with 3 point shooting with Ellington the highest rated at A+. Smith Jr., RJ. Bullock, Trier, Bradzekis, Knox, Trier, Portis, Dotson all can hit from long range. Inside-out.

Starters - Smith Jr, Ellington, RJ, Randle, Robinson
Bench - Payton, Bradzekis, Bullock, Knox (6th Man of the Year), Portis, Trier, Gibson
Reserves - Dotson, Ntilikina, Harkless

Ntilikina is useless in 2k18- can't shoot and can't finish. He even misses open layups.
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:18 pm

Knick Roster, 2k18 Association, Year 2 (2018-19):

Starters - Smith, Jr./PG, Brazdekis/SG, Barrett/SF-SG, Randle/PF-C, Robinson/C

Bench - Payton/PG, Dotson/SG, Trier/SG-SF, Knox/SF-PF, Portis/PF-C, Bullock/SF-SG, Gibson/PF-C

Reserves - Ntilikina/PG-SG, Harkless/SF-PF, Allen/SG-PG

Scoring:
Knox................16.4
Smith, Jr............15.2
Brazdekis...........12.5
Randle...............11.5
Barrett................8.9
Robinson............8.2
Portis..................7.4
Dotson...............7.2
Payton................6.9
Trier....................4.4
Bullock................4.2
Gibson................4.1
Jeffx

Postby Kevin on Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:45 pm

Jeffx wrote:
Scoring:
Knox................16.4

A knicks fan can dream
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:10 pm

Seemed like he was on the way after his rookie season, but his minutes were cut this past year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood