Wizards Franchise (Shockin')

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Wizards Franchise (Shockin')

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:39 pm

Hi... I got the game yesterday and I've started a franchise with two creatated players (both 80 overall rating) and played 8 games.

Game= 4 min qtrs, sim, record= 0-8 this is with the Wizards.

I'm rated 29th and that's because I've traded MJ, Larry Hughes and Stack... so i'm stuffed. So I'm just wonderin if I should play on starter cause I'm playin on All-star or if being and havin a crap team effects if I win or not. (The best player is T. Lue (81 overall) and I keep losing by ten and the computer keeps havin a syco run in the last 2 minutes of the last quarter.

My leading scorer is one of my created players... 6 foot SG with 12.7 ppg, Ming is averaging 3.8 rpg and Ming has 1.8 bpg. My playmaker is Lue with 1.8 apg.

Pretty Crap! What should I do??
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Power And Proud on Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:32 pm

Your biggest mistake was trading Michael, Jerry and Larry! If your best player is Lue then your in huge trouble. Delete that franchise and start a new one and DON'T trade Michael, Jerry or Larry. If you trade anyone, make it Laettner and White.
Power And Proud

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:29 pm

Or if you are going to trade those guys, then make sure you get something of equal or better value in return. And if you're not enjoying your Franchise, you should do what MJ said and start fresh. It's a game afterall, and you're only eight games in. No point playing when you're not having fun, win or lose.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby f.t.w. on Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:16 am

dude, you also should make your trades from the main menu and get away with murder. You have to be willing to compromise like a mofo when trading in franchise mode.
f.t.w.

Postby vinsanity03 on Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:53 am

Hahaha, your play maker is tyronn lue...and hes only averaging 1.8 apg! start over, why the hell would u trade j stack, mj, and hughes for nobodys (im asuming because your leader is a nobody)
vinsanity03

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:16 am

Sup... well I switched my SG to the point and traded for Kareem Rush.
Now I'm starting to win more games and am 7-14. (well it's an improvement) I'm starting to pass more carefully and the results are showing with my PG havin 18.5ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.6spg and 4.1apg.

Yao Ming has 7.2 ppg and 4.4rpg while my created PF has 6.9 ppg, 4.1rpg and 2.1bpg. Mike Dunleavy is shooting red hot from the arc with a .454 3pt% and averages 8.6ppg.

I've figured that if I win the rest of my games, I may make it (just!) into the Playoffs in the No. 8 spot in the East!

I'll reply and tell you if I do!!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood