Matt's Detroit Pitsons Dynasty

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Matt's Detroit Pitsons Dynasty

Postby Matt on Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:43 pm

finally i got my own Dynasty. I'm using the one and only Pistons, with Andrews current roster patch. I simmed to this current point in the NBA season, roughly 8-10 games left. Played 2 of them, lost both, but they were just to get a feel for the game.

After these games, ive noticed that every player is expendable, but i'd love to keep Rasheed Wallace. My defense at the moment is pretty poor most of the time, and i struggle to stop opposing guards. I'd like to get some good, tall defensive guards and also a good PF. Since B Wallace is expendable i'm thinking that i could get S A Rahim for him +others. However, i don't know if Rasheed will resign with me. Hopefully he does do so cos he's been nice to use.

I haven't used any specific plays, just whatever the CPU sets up, + postups and pick and rolls. So i have noticed that my offense does break down a lot. Defensively, when i can get the other team to under 10sec on the shot clock it makes it a lot easier, i like to play full cort man 2 man and run some traps too. Ive learnt not to over commit on defense as that is suicide.

I think theres a bug in my game. The salary cap is 1,000,000 and my team payroll is 54,000,000 which means im 53,000,000 over the cap and never will be under it thus making it impossible to sign FA's. :cry:

Oh well, during these last few games + playoffs i'll get a feel of where i wanna be. I'm thinking of getting Rahim + Miles. They fit the bill nicely. But getting Wallace back is priority #1

does anyone have any suggestions with what i should do with my points earned. Are full team practices useful? And in training camp should i split my attention 25 each way or focus more on one thing than another?
Matt

Postby Boyk on Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:50 pm

Matss back!!
I remember the franchise thread in 2002 :)
My Warriors, and the other 28 teams lol
u know what im saying :lol:
Thanks to TEH G.O.A.T for Sig
Formerly known as Laddas
Watch out for Kobe,Melo n the Lakers!
Boyk

Re: Matt's Detroit Pitsons Dynasty

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:34 pm

stack42 wrote:I think theres a bug in my game. The salary cap is 1,000,000 and my team payroll is 54,000,000 which means im 53,000,000 over the cap and never will be under it thus making it impossible to sign FA's. :cry:

The roster patch didn't install properly. If you installed the game to a different folder other than the default, the salary cap patch will not have been installed but the real salaries (which are stored in players.dbf) will be present. You can copy the updated salary.ini file to the correct folder (see SALARY.txt in the .zip file for details), but unfortunately you'd have to start your Dynasty again to use the correct salary cap.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood