Denver Nuggets Dynasty (sbhzmafia)

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Postby rEdHoBBeS on Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:59 am

49 points! nd by a rookie too!
rEdHoBBeS

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:51 am

sorry for no updates. expect to see 2 updates today.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:51 pm

Just finished reading the first page. I've got to say, you're doing an excellent job with the recaps and previews. Keep it up! (Y) Even though I'm enjoying my current winning streak in my Dynasty, I kind of envy the close games and the battle to stay above .500 and remain competitive that you're going through at the moment. My Dynasty started out that way, and I kind of miss it.

Your Dynasty sounds like a lot of fun. I'll try to keep up with it and post here a little more than I have been. :wink:
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:30 am

thx :cool: ive been real busy as of late and havent been able to update, but im going to try to update either today or tomorrow for sure!
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:46 am

update coming in about an hour :D
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:02 am

Denver Nuggets vs. Milwaukee Bucks
When: November 19, 7:00 p.m.
Where: Pepsi Center
Records: Nuggets, 6-4; Bucks, 1-9.

Nuggets Want A Winning Streak

By Arthur Barclay

DENVER-The struggling Milwaukee Bucks come in tonight's game with a 1-9 record. This team hasn't had any type of chemistry. Keith Van Horn leads the Bucks in scoring with 21.3 ppg. "We are still trying to find who should be the leader of this team. We need everyone to step their game up so we can get to .500 quickly," Terry Porter said.

Denver comes into the game after beating the Minnesota Timberwolves 89-73. Carmelo is averaging 32.3 ppg. He leads the league in PPG and is having an amazing rookie season. THe Nuggets are tied with the Memphis Grizzlies for 2nd place in the Midwest Division with a 6-4 record.

The Nuggets are looking to start a winning streak about now after coming off a great win over the Twolves.

Key Matchup:
Joe Johnson vs. Michael Redd

These are two great shooters going at each other. Michael Redd has the advantage over Joe Johnson. He is shooting 49% from 3 pt range this season. Johnson is still looking for his shot. This will be a great matchup tonight.

Probable Starters:
Nuggets
C-Marcus Camby
PF-Amare Stoudemire
SF-Carmelo Anthony
SG-Joe Johnson
PG-Andre Miller

Probable Starters:
Bucks
C-Brian Skinner
PF-Joe Smith
SF-Keith Van Horn
SG-Michael Redd
PG-T.J. Ford
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Ruff Ryder on Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:53 am

Man, Redd is shooting almost 50% from 3!

Are you doing a pc dynasty?

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:11 am

naw ps2...if it was cpu it would be a little bit better than this one because i would add pics and stuff.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:21 am

Denver Spreads the Wealth
Carmelo, Amare, JJ and Miller

Nuggets
Bucks

By Arthur Barclay

DENVER-The Nuggets played terrible in the 1st quarter. The Bucks led 30-20 at the end of the quarter. Carmelo had 14 pts for Denver. There was no chemistry at all from the Nuggets. Desmond Mason had 7 pts off the bench for the Bucks. Andre Miller had 4 asts.

Denver trailed 57-52 at the end of the 1st half. Johnson and Stoudemire had 8 pts apiece, while Miller dished out 7 asts. Carmelo remained with 14 pts and was trying to get his other teammates involved. Mason, Redd and Van Horn combined for 28 pts in teh 1st half alone. The Bucks were shooting 63% compared to Denver's 49% in the 1st half.

In the 3rd quarter, the Nuggets were running all over the place with excellent defense. They were diving for loose balls and trying to get their hand on every pass the Bucks made. They also ran and converted off TO's. They had 10 off. rebs in teh 3rd quarter. Denver led 81-75 at the end of the 3rd. Carmelo had 18 pts. Stoudemire had 15 pts and 10 rebs. Johnson scored 14 pts. Redd had 14 pts for the Bucks. Van Horn ahd 12 pts.

The Nuggets used their pressure defense to finish the Bucks off. Denver won the game 113-99. Stoudemire was the Player of the Game with 25 pts, 11 rebs and 4 blks. He scored 10 of his 25 pts in the 4th quarter. Carmelo had 28 pts, 7 rebs and 2 stls in the game. Joe Johnson finished with 20 pts in the game. Miller recorded his 1st triple double of the season with 12 pts, 13 asts and 10 rebs. He also had 4 stls in the game. Redd led the Bucks with 22 pts and 9 rebs. He shot 4-7 from 3 pt range. Mason scored 13 pts off the bench. Joe Smith and Van Horn had 12 pts apiece in the game. Ford had 10 pts and 7 asts.

After being outscored in the 1st quarter by 10 pts, the Nuggets won the last 3 quarters and came out with the victory.

ImageDENVER NUGGETS COACH JEFF BZDELIK
On the big 4...

"If they all play enough together, they can be the most dangerous starting 4 in the league. All 4 can score at anytime and do everything to help the team. As you saw tonight, 3 of them had 20 or more pts and another had a triple double. When you can get these kind of numbers from these athletes, you will be unstoppable. I really think this team is coming together and all 4 players are getting use to each other."
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:20 pm

Great game for the Big Four! Are you hoping to go on a big winning streak, or are you hoping to remain the underdog?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:37 am

i want to try to win some more games so we can be in a good position so if we lose some games it wont hurt us as much.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:46 am

Denver Nuggets vs. Washington Wizards
When: November 21, 7:00 p.m.
Records: Nuggets, 7-4; Wizards, 5-6.

Nuggets Starting To Make A Statement

By Arthur Barclay

DENVER-After going on a stretch where they couldn't win 2 agmes straight, the Nuggets did that the last game. They beat the Milwaukee Bucks and had big games from Carmelo, Johnson, Amare and Miller. Coach Jeff Bzdelik stated that they can be a very dangerous team when those 4 players step up.

The Washington Wizards come in tonight led by former all-star Jerry Stackhouse. He is averaging 26ppg for the Wizards this season. After becoming injured last season he came back and is making a change for the Wizards. Arenas who has a new starting position in Washington is averaging 19.5 ppg and 5.3 apg. This team can also be dangerous when those two are feeling it.

Key Matchup:
Carmelo Anthony vs. Jerry Stackhouse

Carmelo and Stackhouse will be the big time scorers in this game. Carmelo leads the league in scoring, while Stackhouse is 3rd in the league. Carmelo has Denver back on the right track right now so expect to see alot from him tonight. Stackhouse loves to penetrate so the Nuggets will have to guard the paint well tonight.

Probable Starters:
Nuggets
C-Marcus Camby
PF-Amare Stoudemire
SF-Carmelo Anthony
SG-Joe Johnson
PG-Andre Miller

Probable Starters:
Wizards
C-Brendan Haywood
PF-Kwame Brown
SF-Jerry Stackhouse
SG-Larry Hughes
PG-Gilbert Arenas
Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:55 am

Nuggets Win 3 in A Row
It was the big 4 once again

Nuggets
Wizards

By Arthur Barclay

DENVER-Amare Stoudemire came out on fire in the 1st quarter. He had 7 pts and already grabbed 10 boards. Denver led 29-18 at the end of the 1st. Carmelo scored 9 pts. Johnson and Miller combined for 11 pts. Arenas led the Wizards with 6 pts.

Washington managed to cut the lead to 4 before halftime as the Nuggets led 47-43. Carmelo had 11 pts in the 1st half. Amare and Johnson had 9 pts apiece. STackhouse was hot in the 2nd quarter scoring 11 pts. Arenas finished with 10 pts for the 1st half. Denver shot 52% in the 1st half, while the Wizards shot 43%.

The Nuggets brought the lead back out to double digits and led 73-59 at the end of hte 3rd quarter. Carmelo had 23 pts and 4 asts. Stoudemire had 17 pts, 16 rebs and 4 blks. The trio of Stackhouse, Arenas and Huhges combined for 33 pts through 3 quarters.

Denver put the Wizards away winning their 3rd straight game 93-85. Amare Stoudemire was Player of the Game with 21 pts, 18 rebs and 4 blks. Carmelo scored 27 pts and 5 asts. Andre Miller finished with 15 pts and 6 asts. Joe Johnson scored 11 pts in the game. Arenas finished with 20 pts and 9 asts for the Wizards. Hughes scored 14 pts on 6-6 shooting. Stackhouse only had 11 pts because he was in foul trouble the whole game. Kwame Brown finished with 10 pts and 7 rebs in a losing effort.

Despite shooting 47% and being outrebounded by the Wizards, the Nuggets managed to get their 3rd straight victory.

ImageDENVER NUGGETS FORWARD AMARE STOUDEMIRE(21 points, 18 rebounds, 4 blocks)
On team chemistry...

"I feel like I have been with the team since training camp now. It is great playing with everyone and I'm feeling right at home. We can be a very dangerous team now since everybody has got into a groove and they know their roles on the team."

ImageDENVER NUGGETS GUARD JOE JOHNSON(11 points, 3 assists)
On Coach Jeff Bzdelik...

"He is one of the best coaches in the league in my opinion. He teaches his players and doesn't always get on them when they make mistakes. He just teaches us like we are in college and he is the professor (haha). It is going to be a great year with him and I'm glad that I have someone that can teach me so much right now."
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby mp3 on Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:59 am

yet another great Dynasty Mafia :applaud:

ive not been round for awhile so just got to look up on the Dynasty read both pages and iam hooked!!

keep em coming
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:02 am

mp3 wrote:yet another great Dynasty Mafia :applaud:

ive not been round for awhile so just got to look up on the Dynasty read both pages and iam hooked!!

keep em coming

thx :D

my next game is against dallas :roll: so i hope we can come out on top and get the 1st spot in the midwest division. :wink:
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:45 pm

Amare's playing really well. (Y) Good luck with Dallas. You might have to play their game to beat them, but I think you've got the right tools to get the job done. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:23 am

Denver Nuggets vs. Dallas Mavericks
When: November 22, 7:30 p.m.
Where: American Airlines Center
Records: Nuggets, 8-4; Mavericks, 9-3.

Toughest Task

By Arthur Barclay

DALLAS-The Dallas Mavericks are a very high-powered offensive team. If they are hot in the game, it will be impossible to beat them. The Mavericks big 4 which is Dirk, Finley, Walker and Nash are averaging 77 of the Mavs 104.2 ppg this season. Dirk Nowitzki leads the team with 23.1 ppg and 9.1 rpg. Dallas does has a weakness and that's their defense. They Nuggets will have to come in and start playing tough defense from the start.

The Nuggets are looking to win their 4th straight game against Dallas. Amare Stoudemire has been hot as of late and the Nuggets will need his defensive presence to have a chance at beating Dallas. Denver would like to see Marcus Camby play tougher tonight so they can have an edge over Dallas. "Hopefully we can steal a win on a tough Mavs team. They are very tough at their arena and we will have to set the tone from the start," said Andre Miller.

Key Matchup:
Amare Stoudemire vs. Dirk Nowitzki

Dirk loves to shoot the ball and won't use an inside game unless he is force to. His defense is terrible and Stoudemire should have his way against him. With Amare's post game, Dirk wouldn't be able to handle it. Stoudemire has to worry about Dirk's offensive game as well. Nowitzki is shooting 45% from 3 pt range and Amare must be careful against him. This matchup will be very exciting to watch.

Probable Starters:
Nuggets
C-Marcus Camby
PF-Amare Stoudemire
SF-Carmelo Anthony
SG-Joe Johnson
PG-Andre Miller

Probable Starters:
Mavericks
C-Shawn Bradley
PF-Dirk Nowitzki
SF-Antoine Walker
SG-Michael Finley
PG-Steve Nash
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:24 am

Denver Finally Comes Together
Nuggets thought it was over in the 3rd

Nuggets
Mavs

By Arthur Barclay

DALLAS-The Mavericks had no answer for Carmelo Anthony as he scored 14 of the teams 26 pts. Denver led at the end of the 1st quarter 26-23. Nowitzki scored 8 pts for the Mavs in the 1st quarter. He shot 4-5 from the field.

Dallas trailed by 4 after ending the 1st half on a 6-0 run. Dirk Nowitzki led Dallas with 18 pts and 4 rebs. Carmelo had 18 pts and 6 rebs for the Nuggets. Miller scored 10 pts and dished out 4 asts in the 1st half. Denver outshot the Mavs in the 1st half. Denver shot 56% from the field while Dallas shot 52%. Denver also had an 18-13 rebound advantage over the Mavs.

Denver fell apart in the 3rd quarter letting Dallas outscore them 29-18 in the 3rd quarter. Dirk scored 22 pts for Dallas. Finley came alive in the 3rd to score 19 pts. Jamison had 13 pts off the bench. Anthony had 26 pts for Denver who struggled throughout the 3rd quarter. Miller had 12 pts.

During the break after the 3rd quarter, Jeff Bzdelik said something to his players to make them come out in the 4th quarter. Carmelo brought his "A" game in the 4th quarter scoring 17 pts in that quarter. He finished with 43 pts and 7 reb and led the Nuggets to a 98-94 victory. Joe Johnson finished with 13 pts and 5 blks. Miller ad 12 pts and 7 asts. Stoudemire finished with 10 pts, 6 blks and 5 rebs. Camby grabbed 9 rebs in the game.

Dirk scored a team-high 28 pts and grabbed 9 boards for the Mavs. Finley had 23 pts. Jamison scored 20 pts off th bench in only 20 mins of play. Nash only scored 10 pts and shot 5-16 from the field. He also dished out 10 asts.

Denver outscored the Mavericks 28-17 in the 4th quarter. Both teams shot 54% from the field and the nuggets just put a defensive stop on Dallas in the last minutes of the game. Denver has now moved into 1st place in the Midwest Division with a 9-4 record.

ImageDENVER NUGGETS COACH JEFF BZDELIK
On his team heart...

"They came out in the 4th quarter fired up. They showed alot of heart out there tonight and they never let their heads down. It was a matter of time for them to come together and form a unit so we could beat the Mavs. When we play with the heart and passion like we did tonight, we can go alot furthur than expected."
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:25 am

I was going to play the game like Andrew said, but I just wanted to see how well we faired with them. It was a very fun game because the way the Mavs came back on us in the 3rd quarter.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:06 pm

Holding the Mavericks below 100 is no easy feat. Congratulations on a brilliant performance! :applaud:
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:06 am

Andrew wrote:Holding the Mavericks below 100 is no easy feat. Congratulations on a brilliant performance! :applaud:

THX! I thought they were going to get to a 100 after that 3rd quarter they put on us. :!:
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:24 am

Denver Nuggets vs. Phoenix Suns
When: November 25, 7:00 p.m.
Records: Nuggets, 9-4; Suns, 4-8.

New Scenario

By Arthur Barclay

DENVER-Amare Stoudemire and Joe Johnson were laughing with former teammates, Shawn Marion and Barbosa before the game. Stoudemire and Johnson we're traded to Denver in a 6 player deal. Denver sent Voshon Lenard and Nene. Right now, it looks like Denver got the better half of the deal. Nene has rode the bench in Phoenix, while former all-star Antoino McDyess took over the st arting spot. As for Lenard, he is now averaging 14.8 ppg for the Suns.

Denver holds a 4 game winning streak and they are now playing great basketball. They can extend that winning streak to 5 games if they can beat the Suns. Carmelo Anthony came off a 43 point game against the Dallas Mavericks in a crucial 98-94 victory on the road. "He showed the team that he wants to lead us and take respondsibility if the team loses. He is maturing very fast," Bzdelik said.

Key Matchup:
Carmelo Anthony vs. Shawn Marion

Denver has another all-star small forward to deal with this evening in Shawn Marion. He leads the Suns in scoring with 20.4 ppg and 8.1 rpg. Carmelo will have to watch out for Marion's speed burst. He can blow by his defenders very easy. Carmelo will have to get to the free throw line consitently tonight. He shot 15 attempts against Dallas and hit 12 of them. This will be a couple of young SF's going at each other tonight.

Probable Starters:
Nuggets
C-Marcus Camby
PF-Amare Stoudemire
SF-Carmelo Anthony
SG-Joe Johnson
PG-Andre Miller

Probable Starters:
Suns
C-Jahidi White
PF-Antoino McDyess
SF-Shawn Marion
SG-Voshon Lenard
PG-Howard Eisley
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby hmm on Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:36 am

Last edited by hmm on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hmm

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:44 am

well the thing is, i let the cpu play my games isntead of me playing them. I usually beat the cpu by alot of pts as well but the only way I get realistic scores and stats is if I let the cpu play. Plus it is like im the GM and I watch the games.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:20 am

Nuggets Go Wild
This game resulted in a blow-out

Nuggets
Suns

By Arthur Barclay

DENVER-The 1st quarter was all about Amare Stoudemire and Rodney White. Both players had 12 pts apiece. Stoudemire also grabbed 6 rebs. Rodney White came off teh bench and shot 3-5 from 3 point range in just 2 minutes of play. Joe Johnson scored 5 pts, while Carmelo added 4. Eisley scored 9 pts for the Suns. The Nuggets led 35-18 at the end of the 1st quarter.

Denver led 68-46 at the end of the 1st half. Stoudemire had 18 pts and 12 rebs in the 1st half. Boykins scored 13 pts off the bench. White remained with 12 pts, and Carmelo scored 10 pts. Lenard went off in the 2nd quarter and he finished with 18 pts for the half. He made 4 3 pointers in the 1st half.

The Nuggets had a 39 point lead over the Suns at the end of the 3rd quarter. They led 104-65. They outscored the Suns 36-19 in the quarter. Carmelo had 23 pts, while Stoudemire had 20 pts and 12 rebs. White scored 18 pts through 3 quarters. Boykins had 17 pts and Johnson had 15 pts for Denver. Lenard was continuing his good shooting with 21 points. Eisley and Marion had 13 pts apiece for Phoenix.

Denver blew out the Phoenix Suns 140-92. The Player of the Game was Amare Stoudemire who scored 26 pts, 14 rebs and 5 blks. Carmelo finished with 29 pts in the game. Joe Johnson scored 27 pts and dished out 6 asts. White finished with 18 pts while coming off the bench. Boykins scored 17 pts to help the bench productivity. Andre Miller finished with 12 pts and 7 asts. Marcus Camby had a great game with 8 pts and 16 rebs.

Voshon Lenard scored a season-high 31 pts against his former team while shooting 11-27 from the field. Marion scored 20 pts and grabbed 5 boards. Eisley and Barbosa combined for 25 pts and 12 asts. The 2 pg's produced well tonight. Denver shot 55% from the field, while Phoenix shot 36%. The Nuggets also outrebounded Phoenix 55-42 in the game. Denver won teh assist battle 30-15. Phoenix committed 21 TO's in the game. Denver dominated the Suns in every category in tonight's game.

ImageDENVER NUGGETS FORWARD AMARE STOUDEMIRE(26 points, 14 rebounds, 5 blocks)
On playing former team...

"I had a great time with them tonight. We we're just talking throughout the game and we just went out there and had fun. We got the better end tonight because we won the game. The team is just rolling right now and we can't stop right here. We have to keep on going."

ImagePHOENIX SUNS GUARD VOSHON LENARD(31 points, 11-27 shooting)
On playing former team...

"I wanted us to get the win because I hated that they traded me away. It was a matter of how many players were playing well on our team. We didn't have enough people to step up tonight so we are really going to have to change that."
-BHZMAFIA-

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood