NLSC Forum Accounts Can Comment on Front Page Articles Again

This section is for basketball video game story threads. Dynasty, Franchise, Association, MyPLAYER and Rising Star stories are all welcome here.

NLSC Forum Accounts Can Comment on Front Page Articles Again

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:47 pm

Please be advised that I've found a new plugin that bridges Forum and front page (WordPress) accounts, which means you only need to log in once - either in the Forum or via the login on the main site - to post in either place! For now, the Wiki is still a separate login (and also allows anonymous editing on all but a few protected articles). Thanks to some persistent trolling, I've had to disable guest posting on main site articles, but if you're registered in the Forum, no problem; you can use that login to comment instead! In fact, all registration is currently handled by the Forum, and then your login can be used on the main site as well.

As with any new plugin/system, there is a possibility that we'll encounter some teething problems despite my testing. To that end, please let me know if you encounter any bugs or difficulties, and I'll look into them. Something you may encounter is a screen asking you to integrate your Forum account with WordPress if the two haven't already been integrated. If you encounter that screen...

• Choose the Log In option if you've previously created a separate WordPress account via the main page.
  • Choose the Integrate my account option if you haven't previously created a separate account for the front page login.

For most people, the second option should be the one that gets everything working if you encounter that screen, though chances are everything will work straight away. Once again though, please let me know if you run into any difficulties, and I'll troubleshoot accordingly.

It's been a while since we've been able to have the same login across the site. Unfortunately the first plugin we were using stopped working as both phpBB and WordPress were updated (and it wasn't), and the replacement plugin also stopped receiving updates and developed problems with newer versions of WordPress. Hopefully, this one will serve our needs for some time yet, as it's more convenient for everyone and allows for easy engagement across the NLSC, from the Forum to our news bulletins and feature articles.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Re: NLSC Forum Accounts Can Comment on Front Page Articles Again

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:51 pm

Good job (Y)
my NBA2K : YouTube | flickr

my Mods for NBA 2K20 - 2K19 - 2K17

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose"
Ayrton Senna
sticky-fingers

Return to Basketball Video Game Stories