Pelicans [1-1] | 2K20 :: Hard loss in Orlando

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Pelicans [1-1] | 2K20 :: Hard loss in Orlando

Postby [Hyperize] on Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:03 pm

Roster

ImageImageImageImageImage

Lonzo Ball
Jrue Holiday
Brandon Ingram
Zion Williamson
Marcin Gortat

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Derrick Favors
JJ Redick
Josh Hart
E'Twaun Moore
Jaxson Hayes
Nicolo Melli
Nickeil Alexander-Walker
Darius Miller

ImageImage

Kenrich Willaims
Frank Jackson

Settings

2020 Draft Class: Det^il Official 2020 NBA Draft (jackmove916) [PSN]

Super fun team -- fell in love with them after seeing them play Chicago on ESPN last night. Let's shoot for the 8th seed (to be swept by LAL :lol:) or at least have some fun with Zion! Have had such a blast playing with this team online that I decided to do a story (I've also had a desire to return to story-making as well).
Last edited by [Hyperize] on Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
[Hyperize]

Re: Pelicans | 2K20

Postby [Hyperize] on Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:12 pm

NBA reinstates SuperSonics as expansion team

In order to have expansion teams in my league, I had to add one to start this season (otherwise I wouldn't have done it); Seattle somehow ends up with a very solid team via the draft, with names like Paul Millsap, Steven Adams (wtf?! There are 8 protectable players. Maybe they wanted to rid his giant contract as they enter the rebuilding phase), Dwight Howard, Otto Porter, Goran Dragic, Dejounte Murray (another head-scratcher), Evan Fournier, Marcus Morris Sr, Jeff Teague, Jahlil Okafor (from my Pels :( was looking forward to using him), Malik Monk, Rodions Kurucs, Cheick Diallo and Troy Brown Jr.

Again, there are some very shocking rotational players that were handed to this team, but those are the ropes; an expansion team will probably somehow not be the worst team this season. This move also moved my Pels to the East. :lol: Guess that's fitting since I'm an East-coaster myself. Was debating rebranding the team due to the move (since the Pelicans design is so lame), but we'll keep it the same for Zion's first season, kinda like how KD was a Sonic for a year.

Veteran Signings
10/22/2019

To open the season, lots of vets have been signed off the free agent wire (with even a few big names remaining -- Mirotic, Faried, Tyreke, Melo and JR). Names include:

- Magic: Zach Randolph
- Hornets: Devin Harris
- Hornets: Jamal Crawford
- Heat: Jeremy Lin
- Heat: Darren Collison
- Magic: Omri Casspi

All names are on small one-year deals save Darren Collison who netted a 2yr/$11.82M contract with the Heat... didn't he leave the NBA for Jesus irl?

Pelicans are eyeing a big man to take Okafor's spot: reports indicate it will likely be Gortat, with Joakim Noah as a secondary pick.

LaMelo Ball, R.J. Hampton hot prospects for 2020 draft

Pelicans bring on veteran Gortat after losing Okafor to Sonics in expansion draft
10/22/19

1yr/$2.75M - Gortat will start at center for the Pelicans in their home-opener against the Spurs tomorrow night.

ESPN
[Hyperize]

Re: Pelicans | 2K20 :: Around the League Update

Postby [Hyperize] on Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:36 pm

Pelicans pound Spurs in home-opener (simmed)
October 23, 2019
W: 124-87

New-look Pelicans, new division, new conference. Jrue Holiday leads the way with 28 points and 12 assists, while Zion debuts with 23 points and 8 boards. Lonzo Ball tallies a near-triple-double with 11 points, 9 boards and 13 assists, while Derrick Favors adds a 10 & 13 double-double off the bench.

The Spurs had 5 players in double-figures scoring, but the top scorers were DeRozan and Aldridge with 12 each. :lol: All of their players who played did score tho. (Y)

Will play the next game against the 0-1 Magic (looking forward to Fultz and Z-Bo); opted to play my first game on the road instead of the home opener since I'm preferential to the road... don't ask. :lol:

:arrow: Lakers sign Mirotic, Bulls sign Tyreke and Wolves bring on Shaun Livingston
    :!: Expansion team Sonics destroy Hornets on opening-night, 104-85 :lol:
[Hyperize]

Re: Pelicans [1-0] | 2K20 :: Around the League Update + simmed home-opener

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:26 pm

Good stuff! Hope they're as fun to play with as they have been for you to watch! Nice to see some veterans latching on around in the league in this reality, and of course, the return of the Sonics.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Pelicans [1-0] | 2K20 :: Around the League Update + simmed home-opener

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:22 am

Zion, Pels get demolished in Orlando, 97-136

The Pelicans will level out at 1-1 after an embarrassing road game in Orlando. Zion was the lone bright spot for the Pelicans, tallying 37 points and 8 boards on a plethora of highlight plays. Derrick Favors and E'Twaun Moore combined for 27 points off the bench. Ingram was a total non-factor.

Fultz had 29 points and 8 assists, and even old man Z-Bo chipped in an 11 & 10 double-double off the bench.

Not a good look for the Pelicans, who will have a chance to bounce back at home tomorrow night against the undefeated (2-0) Pacers who are without Malcolm Brogdon for 2 months with an ankle sprain.

The game wasn't actually as bad as it appears, but a 45-18 fourth quarter made it a blowout.

ESPN

The future of the Magic.

phpBB [video]
[Hyperize]

Re: Pelicans [1-1] | 2K20 :: Hard loss in Orlando

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:50 am

Ouch. At least Zion was able to go off!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood