NBA 2006 - Jailblazers No More (A New Era In Portland And The NBA)

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

NBA 2006 - Jailblazers No More (A New Era In Portland And The NBA)

Postby Culture Games on Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:22 am

I will be using my 2006 Roster Mod On NBA 2K11 for this. That means D-League, and it means the best and most realistic gameplay of any NBA 2K. More details to come!

Coming In October

Portland Trail Blazers 2006-2007 roster

PG
SG
SF - Adam Morrison
PF
C
6th Man
7th Man
8th Man
9th Man
10th Man
11th Man
12th Man
1st Reserve - Wang Zhi Zhi
2nd Reserve
3rd Reserve
Last edited by Culture Games on Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Re: NBA 2006 - Jailblazers No More (A New Era In Portland And The NBA)

Postby Breems on Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:35 am

Awesome!

2004-2008 were my favorite NBA years. I especially loved 2006, and it remains my favorite draft despite notoriously being known as one of the worst.
Breems
Back in my day...

Postby Culture Games on Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:57 am

Breems wrote:Awesome!

2004-2008 were my favorite NBA years. I especially loved 2006, and it remains my favorite draft despite notoriously being known as one of the worst.

Thanks for commenting! I think you'll love this Dynasty, and the Roster Mod when it gets released. Do you still play 2k11?
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Culture Games on Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:17 am

LARRY LEGEND

By the end of the winter of 2006, Adam Morrison was one of the most famous athletes, college, pro or otherwise, in America. Or maybe he was one of the most famous people in America. It was tough to tell if you were in the Northwest during the mania of that year. There was a national curiosity with Spokane's unlikely hoops hero, the magnitude of which was hard to gauge.

Morrison was leading the nation in scoring, often doing so with an intensity and throwback style that made him the darling of SportsCenter and old school hoop fanatics.
Basketball fans were captivated and lobbed haphazard Larry Bird comparisons. The narrative of that season followed Morrison and Duke's J.J. Redick as they battled for the scoring title, Player of the Year honours and other accolades. The two eventually would wind up sharing the cover of Sports Illustrated.

Rival student sections, however, ruthlessly mocked him. Maybe those kids had it out for the guy because of the moustache or the hair, but more likely, it was the fact that, as he did at Loyola Marymount on a February afternoon that season, he could drop 37 points on your team — in one half.
Gonzaga, Spokane and specifically Adam Morrison became the center of the college basketball world for a time. For Morrison, it was more than he bargained for when he set out to play college basketball.

"I enjoyed the basketball part of it, but not the insanity of not being able to go anywhere. I felt like I couldn't go anywhere without stopping 15 times for a photo or an autograph," says Morrison.

While he weathered what he called a "circus," some looked at his approach to the notoriety and labelled Morrison an introvert. Or worse, some even called him rude if he — just 21 years old and largely unprepared for the fame — didn't respond how people expected.
"I'm not saying I'm not grateful, but if you came across wrong to one person, then you're a jerk to the whole city," he says.

4am Morrisons Home - Spokane - One Week Before NBA Draft

Adam Morrison awoke to the sound of the phone ringing in my ears, something he had grown quite accustomed to after a summer with Reggie Miller organising his workouts. He expected it to be Reggie, but it was a voice with a strong Indiana twang. He didn't recognise him at first but as he spoke it became quite clear.

"Sheesz Kid Its Larry Bird. And yes this sure as hell is a serious phone call. I'm sure you are aware we have had a spate of injuries this season."

"Mr Bird, I'm incredibly sorry, I'm only half awake here. Can you give me a moment to get out of bed?" Adam said.

Adam put the call on hold, and jumped out of bed quietly. Don't want to wake the wife or the kids. He looks in the mirror in the bathroom, and throw some water on his face. He can't believe his childhood idol is waiting on the other line of the phone.

"Wow Mr Bird, Now this is out of nowhere." Adam said.

"Listen I've been talking to Reggie and he has been pushing you really hard. I've been keeping tabs on you for over 2 years now. Over here in Indiana. I think you have the potential to shake up this league. I think we have a lot in common, or at least SportsCenter seemed to think so!"

"Yeah well I never believed the hype but to mentioned in the same breath as you is certainly an honour Mr Bird, your game truly inspired mine." Adam said.

"Well if your interested, I can arrange some flights over here. Will your family be ok if you come over for a few days before the draft? There are some guys and trainers I want you to work with here. I know there are several other teams interested in you, namely the Blazers, and The Celtics."

"I have my notebook somewhere. I'll sort it out with them tomorrow Sir." Adam said.

"Hey Adam, no matter what happens, just relax and let your game do the talking."

"Thanks Mr Bird" Adam said.

"Call me Larry, kid. Good night."

It was unbelievable, Adam couldn't believe what he was hearing. After all the work he put in, after all the dedication his craft, it might finally be his time, but did Larry Bird really plan on trading up to take him in the draft, and make him a Pacer?

The phone clicked, as the dial tone rang in Adam's ear. The NBA season is three months away.
Last edited by Culture Games on Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Culture Games on Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:03 am

Overnight, true to Larry's word to Adam, The Pacer's made inquiries with the Bobcats (#3) and the Blazers about swapping their picks, so that the Pacer's could draft Morrison. The Blazer's GM was not interested however. They had big plans of their own, if fate allowed it. When the Bobcats opted to select Tyrus Thomas with the #3 pick, only to trade him to the Bulls, it left Adam Morrison on the board at #4, along with Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay, JJ Reddick, and other top prospects. The Portland Trailblazers, under new management, knew what they had to do.

"With the 4th pick in the 2006 NBA draft, the Portland Trailblazers select Adam Morrison, from Gonzaga."

Three draft picks had gone by without Adam Morrison's name being called. When the Blazers went up with the 4th pick, they did not hesitate. They were not going to let Adam Morrison fall further in the draft, nor were they going to entertain the offers from The Pacers to trade the pick. Morrison was the player they wanted to build their future around.

----
2006 NBA Draft Recap

Round Pick Player Position Nationality Team School
1 1 Andrea Bargnani PF Italy Toronto Raptors Benetton Treviso (Italy)
1 2 LaMarcus Aldridge* PF United States Chicago Bulls (traded to Portland) Texas (So.)
1 3 Tyrus Thomas PF United States Charlotte Bobcats (traded to Chicago)[a] LSU (Fr.)
1 4 Adam Morrison SF United States Portland Trailblazers Gonzaga (Jr.)
1 5 Shelden Williams PF United States Atlanta Hawks Duke (Sr.)
1 6 Brandon Roy*~ SG United States Minnesota Timberwolves (traded to Portland)[b] Washington (Sr.)
1 7 Randy Foye SG United States Boston Celtics (traded to Minnesota via Portland)[b] Villanova (Sr.)
1 8 Rudy Gay SF United States Houston Rockets (traded to Memphis)[c] Connecticut (So.)
1 9 Patrick O'Bryant C United States Golden State Warriors Bradley (So.)
1 10 Mouhamed Sene C Senegal Seattle SuperSonics Verviers-Pepinster (Belgium)
1 11 J. J. Redick SG United States Orlando Magic Duke (Sr.)
1 12 Hilton Armstrong C United States New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets Connecticut (Sr.)
1 13 Thabo Sefolosha SG Switzerland
South Africa Philadelphia 76ers (traded to Chicago)[d] Angelico Biella (Italy)
1 14 Ronnie Brewer SG United States Utah Jazz Arkansas (Jr.)
1 15 Cedric Simmons SF United States New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets (from Milwaukee)[p] NC State (So.)
1 16 Rodney Carney SF United States Chicago Bulls (traded to Philadelphia)[d] Memphis (Sr.)
1 17 Shawne Williams PF United States Indiana Pacers Memphis (Fr.)
1 18 Oleksiy Pecherov C Ukraine Washington Wizards BC Kyiv (Ukraine)
1 19 Quincy Douby G United States Sacramento Kings Rutgers (Jr.)
1 20 Renaldo Balkman F Puerto Rico New York Knicks (from Denver via New Jersey and Toronto)[q] South Carolina (Jr.)
1 21 Rajon Rondo* PG United States Phoenix Suns (from L.A. Lakers via Boston and Atlanta, traded to Boston)[r][e] Kentucky (So.)
1 22 Marcus Williams G United States New Jersey Nets (from L.A. Clippers via Orlando and Denver)[s] Connecticut (Jr.)
1 23 Josh Boone F United States New Jersey Nets Connecticut (Jr.)
1 24 Kyle Lowry* PG United States Memphis Grizzlies Villanova (So.)
1 25 Shannon Brown G United States Cleveland Cavaliers Michigan State (Jr.)
1 26 Jordan Farmar G United States Los Angeles Lakers (from Miami)[t] UCLA (So.)
1 27 Sergio Rodríguez G Spain Phoenix Suns (traded to Portland)[f] Adecco Estudiantes (Spain)
1 28 Maurice Ager G United States Dallas Mavericks Michigan State (Sr.)
1 29 Mardy Collins G United States New York Knicks (from San Antonio)[u] Temple (Sr.)
1 30 Joel Freeland F United Kingdom Portland Trail Blazers (from Detroit via Utah)[v] Gran Canaria (Spain)
2 31 James White G United States Portland Trail Blazers (traded to Indiana)[g] Cincinnati (Sr.)

---
Last edited by Culture Games on Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Culture Games on Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:10 am

Portland Trailblazers Acquire Promising Core of 3 at 2006 NBA Draft

Adam Morrison wasn't the only thing the Blazers acquired in the 2006 draft. Some experts say Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge have All Star Potential as well.

How we got Adam Morrison:
Drafted with 2006 1st round pick at #4

How we got Brandon Roy:
Trade #1:
Portland Trail Blazers trade Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff, 2008 2nd round pick to the Boston Celtics for Randy Foye (the 7th pick in the 2006 draft), PG Dan Dickau, and Center Raef LaFrentz.

Trade: #2
Portland Trail Blazers trade Randy Foye (acquired through Celtics trade) to Minnesota Timberwolves for University of Washington guard Brandon Roy.

Portland gains: Brandon Roy, Dan Dickau, Raef LaFrentz
Portland trades away: Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff, 2008 2nd Round Pick.

How we got LaMarcus Aldridge:
Charlotte drafts Tyrus Thomas at #3 in the 2006 NBA Draft.
Portland Trail Blazers trade Viktor Khyrapa, James White, and a 2nd round pick in 2007 NBA draft to Chicago for LaMarcus Aldridge
Charlotte trades Tyrus Thomas to Chicago Bulls for 2nd roung pick in 2008 NBA draft
The Trail Blazers also acquired PG Sergio Rodriguez from the Phoenix Suns
---

What do you think of our core going into the season??
Last edited by Culture Games on Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:15 pm

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Culture Games on Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:37 pm

Andrew wrote:[ Image ]

You won't be laughing when he wins Rookie Of The Year for us.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:59 pm

Looking forward to it, as long as he has one of these nicknames along the way.

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Culture Games on Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:17 am

Andrew wrote:Looking forward to it, as long as he has one of these nicknames along the way.

phpBB [video]

Adam Morrison is the hero we all needed. It's time to re-write history.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:33 am

I'm here for it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Culture Games on Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:06 am

Welcome Back To The NBA Wang Zhi Zhi!

Wang Zhi Zhi, who last played a year ago for the Miami Heat, is being brought back to the states after being signed by the Portland Trailblazers.
Wang was thought to be done with the NBA, although he continued to play overseas, and for the Chinese National Team. Wang is reportedly being brought in as a mentor to Ha Seung-jin, their 20 year old Koreon born player who was drafted a couple years ago.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Culture Games on Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:38 am

[Delete]
Last edited by Culture Games on Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Culture Games on Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:39 am

SEASON PREVIEW

Uprising In Golden State - After two seasons in which the Warriors underachieved under coach Mike Montgomery, the Warriors hired former coach Don Nelson for the 2006–07 season. His high-scoring offensive system is designed to fit Davis's up-tempo style, and has energized the Warriors fanbase for a special season. Now Golden State just needs to find the right personnel.

Arenas On A Mission - Washington Wizard's start Gilbert Arena's is capable of putting up big numbers, and scoring in buckets. He has gone on stretches of 40+ points a game on various occasions. Arena's talked of breaking Kobe Bryant's 81 Points at some point this season.

New Era In Philly? – During the 2006 off season, disappointed with the direction the team was headed, Allen Iverson gave the 76ers management an ultimatum: find players who will help support me or trade me. In September Philadelphia 76ers President Billy King was replaced by Larry Brown. In this role, Brown will primarily be responsible for the 76ers front office and basketball operations staff in personnel decisions, as well as other special projects. The Sixers are expected to make a commitment to Iverson that will keep him in a Sixer uniform for the next several years.

Jailblazers No More - A beleaguered Portland Trailblazers franchise had a major shakeup in the off season. Longtime owner Paul Allen sold the team. The team reshaped its D-League team, changing almost the entire roster. In June, the Blazers had one of the most remarkable draft days any franchise has ever had. They executed a record number of trades, in the process acquiring the draft rights to LaMarcus Aldridge and Brandon Roy while trading away the likes of Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff and Viktor Khryapa, and drafting Adam Morrison. Aldridge and Morrison become the cornerstones of a major resurgence.

Houston Rockets - After losing in the first round in 2005, and missing the playoffs last year, will this be the year Tracy McGrady and the retooled Houston Rockets will finally get out of the first round?

New York Knicks Fiasco - GM Isiah Thomas is coming down from his pearch to coach the most embattled NBA team in recent memory. The once proud Knicks are facing criticism from all directions, especially with the unpopular decision to bring back the bulk of a team that went 23-59 last season. Gone is Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown. PG Stephon Marbury may be the most hated player in the NBA by his own teams fanbase.

Mavericks Finals Hangover? - The Mavericks have looked lethargic in preseason, causing some to speculate of a hangover from last seasons NBA Finals loss to the Miami Heat. The Mavericks will fight to avoid the hangover from continuing into the regular season.

Pacers Front Office Core - There is talk of GM Donnie Walsh departing from the Pacers, which would break up a core front office that includes Hall of Famer Larry Bird, that has been very successful in the past decade. During Walsh's tenure the Pacers reached the playoffs in 16 of the previous 17 years heading into the 2006–07 season.
Last edited by Culture Games on Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Culture Games on Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:56 am

Opening Night Roster

2006-07 Portland Trailblazers

PG - Jarret Jack
Sg - Brandon Roy
SF - Travis Outlaw
PF - Zach Randolph
C - Joel Pryzbilla

6th Man - Adam Morrison
7 - Jamaal Maiglore
8 - Ime Iudoka
9 - Juan Dixon
10 - Dan Dickau
11 - Raef Lafrentz
12 - Martell Webster

Reserve:

Sergio Rodriguez

Injured:

Darius Miles (Knee, 4-6 Months)
LaMarcus Aldridge (Foot, 20 Days)

D-League

Salem (formerly Idaho) Stampede

Wang Zhi Zhi
Ha Seung Jin
Popeye Jones
Stephen Graham
Luke Schenscher
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Culture Games on Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:08 am

NBA Season Set To Tip Off

It’s 2006, and something is missing from the NBA as it approaches Opening Night. The New Era was supposed to begin in 2003-2004 with the arrival of Lebron and Carmelo, but it has been more of a whimper than a bang. Both are struggling to lead below average teams into playoff contention. Lebron has shown every sign of achieving the promise and potential he showed in high school. Carmelo has gone from a college All American, to an NBA All Star. But something is missing. The seemingly natural rivalry fans and media expected would develop between Melo and Lebron just hasn’t happened. They are more interested being friends with one another, to everyone’s chagrin. NBA approval and viewership numbers are at decades long low, and the league is only one year removed from the Malice At The Palace brawl, as well as a number of other embarrassments. The Portland Trailblazers are the biggest offenders, seen as everything wrong with the modern day NBA. Even former Blazers Owner and die hard fan Paul Allen gave up on them, and sold the team over the summer at a bargain to a mysterious new ownership group, one that involves actor Kurt Russell, and NBA Hall Of Famer Bill Walton. Together, they decided to take Gonzaga star Adam Morrison with their first round draft choice. Morrison is a marketable player at exactly the right time. He is a throwback player, and a student of basketball history. He doesn’t want to make friends with the NBA’s new elite, the Lebron’s, Carmelo’s, and Wade’s. He doesn’t fit in with them, and doesn’t want to. If he can deliver on his athletic promise, he will not only restore basketball in Portland, but maybe lead to a new Golden Age in the NBA. The NBA, its televison Partners, and marketing execs will be rooting for him.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Culture Games on Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:37 pm

Episode 1: Season & Mod Preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MjWMR1n240

Episode 1 is now up on YouTube. It is a full team by team roster preview that also showcasing the mod I am doing this dynasty on! Episode 2 will be the first game of the season. follow along on here and YouTube!
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Culture Games on Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:04 am

OPENING NIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0MyFm7CN9A

The Portland Trailblazers open the 2006-07 season against the most exciting team in the league, the Phoenix Suns. Can the slower paced Blazers keep up with the Suns, or at least force them to play their game? Adam Morrison makes his debut for The Blazers although not in the starting lineup.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood