Legendary Coach Zen Barbatrucco

This section is for basketball video game story threads. Dynasty, Franchise, Association, MyPLAYER and Rising Star stories are all welcome here.

Legendary Coach Zen Barbatrucco

Postby CoachZenBarba on Sat May 25, 2019 7:31 pm

For immediated release
Matricola settemilaottocentoventinove barra bis

LOS ANGELES (Sep, 2016) - The following statement was released today by Barbatrucco, trough his personal attorney and business manager David B. Falko, Chairman of Falko Associates Managment Enterprises, INC. (FAME) located in Los Angeles (CA), in response to questions about his future career plans

"I'm back"
Last edited by CoachZenBarba on Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
CoachZenBarba

Postby CoachZenBarba on Sat May 25, 2019 7:33 pm

"His return was a surprise. I didn't expect it. Now this will no longer be the last year of my career, for sure. I'm doing ten hours of yoga a day to be better prepared. I get up every morning at 4 a.m. to train before training. When I sleep? Never. With Barba I won 17 NBA titles, 12 Finals Mvp and I have no intention of stopping. Old? He knows me, he knows how to handle me. Kareem has played four NBA Finals and won three rings from 38 to 42 years old. That is my goal.
Last edited by CoachZenBarba on Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
CoachZenBarba

Barbatrucco return press conference

Postby CoachZenBarba on Sun May 26, 2019 12:11 am

"The best basketball in the world is played at the Euroleague. Point. That is why I have just closed three contracts from the Old Continent. PG Daniel Hackett will be the first to wear the Lakers shirt. Perhaps some of you know him only because of his jaw broken by O.J.Mayo at USC. This show about how much you Americans know European basketball.
Well, you'll find out who Daniel Hackett is. The same is true of PG ]Nando De Colo and SF Kostas Papanikolaou. You young people will find out who they are.
The only trade with an NBA team will be LaVine for D'Angelo Russell. He will come off the bench and if he wants the starting five he will have to earn it by watering blood in defense. Until he gets better on D he will never be a starter.
How will I play? After almost 50 seasons are you still asking me? 'Shot who is open', the scheme is always the same. But you know, it's not easy to do simple things. It will take some time.
Kobe? He is 37 years old, he is recovering from a devastating injury to the Achilles tendon and he will no longer be the player he was, this is obvious. He will be like a lighthouse on the court. Just his death stare will be enough for his teammate to put them in line.
I want the players to be on the court without looking at the result. I'll put a tape over the result. The result will be only a consequence of how we play. First we must learn to believe in our teammates: the secret of the Shot who is open is here. We must believe that anyone who is wide-open is able to score. Anyone. Only by this way, once we have reached this common breath both in attack and in defense, we could remove the tape and start dreaming".
Last edited by CoachZenBarba on Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:28 am, edited 6 times in total.
CoachZenBarba

Re: Legendary Coach Zen Barbatrucco

Postby CoachZenBarba on Sun May 26, 2019 5:36 pm

edit
Last edited by CoachZenBarba on Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
CoachZenBarba

Postby CoachZenBarba on Mon May 27, 2019 2:42 am

Big trouble in litte D

Buried under 27 points in Salt Lake City against Utah and sunk to -23 at the Staples Center against Atlanta. A single common denominator: a chilling defense.
It was to be expected. The Lakers are the poorest team in the entire league and the arrivals of LaVine (6/25 shooting in the first two game), Hackett, De Colo and Papanikolaou are not those who change a season. The team lacks both in attack and, above all, in defense. Kobe at 37 and returning from severe injury to the Achilles tendon does what he can (28 in the second game against the Hawks).
The surprise, but not for Barbatrucco, is Papanikolaou so far. At the debut against the Jazz he put 17 on the bench, with 3/6 from three. There is still a lot of work to do.
Last edited by CoachZenBarba on Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CoachZenBarba

Postby CoachZenBarba on Tue May 28, 2019 11:47 pm

The whole Lakers season will revolve around Kobe. In a moment of his career on the balance of two demons, a past as a ruler and a future in decline, Kobe will fight them both, well aware that the latter will be unbeatable.
But he will fight it anyway, with all his strength.
And it will be a real blast.
He will alternate old style 50-point performances with 90 shots with other 15-point games without a missed shot, with others where he will flirt with the triple double.
I repeat, it will be a real blast. And it will all start again in the Opening Game in Salt Like City of the first 29 games Association.
CoachZenBarba

Postby CoachZenBarba on Wed May 29, 2019 5:12 pm

edit
Last edited by CoachZenBarba on Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:29 am, edited 17 times in total.
CoachZenBarba

Postby CoachZenBarba on Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:29 am

edit
Last edited by CoachZenBarba on Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
CoachZenBarba

Postby CoachZenBarba on Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:55 pm

edit
CoachZenBarba

Return to Basketball Video Game Stories