Cleveland Cavaliers: The LeBron James Story - Chapter 14

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: The LeBron James Story - Chapter 14

Postby [Hyperize] on Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:55 am

Tough luck. If you want to actually continue this story, you could always just sim up to where you were, because oftentimes the story lies more in this thread than the actual save.

I think in the player editing you can actually enable the same injuries and stuff as well.
[Hyperize]

Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: The LeBron James Story - Chapter 14

Postby wdt92 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:10 am

Andrew wrote:Ah, that's some terrible luck! If you do jump into another story, or even just another game that you play without making a story topic, it's always a good practice to save twice and make regular backups of the save files. I know it's not very helpful advice in retrospect, but moving forward, it is a way to avoid further heartache.

I really will have to do that on all my saves from here on out. I have been so stubborn about it, just due to my OCD-like behavior of only liking one save file per MyLeague. I've played so many 2Ks and outside my disc breaking (2K11) or having a glitch in the game on a mod which began an unplayable loop (2K12 & 2K14), I've never had a save file just "disappear" really. Still should have learned to make backups, so that's definitely my bad.
cavs4872 wrote:Tough luck. If you want to actually continue this story, you could always just sim up to where you were, because oftentimes the story lies more in this thread than the actual save.

I think in the player editing you can actually enable the same injuries and stuff as well.

I considered it, but so much editing was lost in the file. I updated the draft inside the file, had my tendencies edited inside the file, etc. It'd take hours to get that back, and just so fresh from this happening, I doubt I will do it anytime soon. Maybe with time I'll get back to this and make another variation of what I did here, but right now, I think I'm going to walk away from this particular story.

I am considering between two other stories, but I don't know if I'll jump in yet or not. It will probably be a few days before I make the decision and it depends if I can get someone who is good at 2K roster files to help out for one of my ideas. I am also still bummed about the crash, to be frank. So that kind of hangs over what I want to do as well.
wdt92

Previous

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood