Primed to Ignite [42-25] | Rockets hold on against mighty C's + simmed progress

This section is for basketball video game story threads. Dynasty, Franchise, Association, MyPLAYER and Rising Star stories are all welcome here.

Re: Primed to Ignite [40-23] | Tough L in DC

Postby cavs4872 on Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:06 pm

Rockets hold on against mighty C's
Boston 98 @ Houston 111

In their 67th game of the season, the Rockets were able to hold court against the second-best team in the league, the Boston Celtics, who dropped two games behind the Washington Wizards in a 111-98 loss tonight. It was a block party at Toyota, as the Rockets collected 18 on the contest: Boris Diaw led the way with 5, while Yao and Artest snared 3 each.

A totally balanced scoring attack was up for order by the Rockets: Diaw 21, McGrady 20, Artest & Battier 16 and Yao 14; every active player save Brian Cook played, and each scored a bucket. T-Mac grabbed an incredible 14 boards and dished out 7 assists, while the starting frontcourt of Yao and Diaw grabbed 9 boards each; a feel-good win for the Rockets - a rare instance where they were able to comfortably hold off an equally elite team in the league.

For the stacked Cetlics, their bench didn't do much, but their elite starting five was solid: in the least likely fashion, Rasheed Wallace and Rondo led the scoring column with 24 each, while mid-season acquisition Kevin Durant contributed 17. The remnants of the big three (Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen) were somewhat disappointing, combining for just 17 points. KG did snare an 11 & 15 double-double though.

The Celtics are in Dallas tomorrow, while the Rockets visit the Garden Sunday afternoon to tangle with the East worst 19-50 New York Knicks, who have a key injury to their best player Nate Robinson. The Rockets currently have 15 games remaining until the playoffs; as of today, they would enter a 3/6 matchup with the San Antonio Spurs (being the three). Despite a big deadline deal where the Trail Blazers packaged LaMarcus Aldridge for Andrea Bargnani, they still sit atop the West at 45-25, with the Rockets and Lakers each a game-and-a-half behind.

phpBB [video]

T-Mac shows that he still has what it takes against one of the league's elite.

His Airness would finish a monster jam over Battier and Yao.
cavs4872
All I Do is Ball

Re: Primed to Ignite [42-25] | Rockets hold on against mighty C's

Postby cavs4872 on Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:15 pm

I almost forgot...

Simmed Progress

88-73 home win versus New Jersey (Artest - 24 points, 6 boards)
69-59 home loss versus Denver (Carmelo 18-5-5, Billups 16 & 5 dimes)
88-70 home loss versus Memphis (Mayo 23, Conley 21)

*Preceding Boston game (yeah, the sim engine is weird)
cavs4872
All I Do is Ball

Re: Primed to Ignite [40-23] | Tough L in DC

Postby cavs4872 on Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:26 pm

Andrew wrote:Centres really suffered in NBA Live 10's sim engine. Case in point, what do Dwight Howard's numbers look like right now in your season? He was a 20 and 10 player at that point, but he was generally putting up 12 and 12 in simulated games in NBA Live 10.

Yup; 93 overall averaging 11, 11 and 2 blocks (moved to PF after acquiring Brad Miller in deadline deal). Most dominant big is Pau Gasol averaging 17 & 10; shame they couldn't get it right. Yao will probably finish the season with 10 & 10, but I do have Artest and McGrady (with the point guard domination in Felton as well :wink:).
cavs4872
All I Do is Ball

Re: Primed to Ignite [42-25] | Rockets hold on against mighty C's + simmed progress

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:01 pm

Awesome blocking numbers! Getting close to the record there.

Ah yes, the old centres being played at power forward. Once again, Shaq and Ilgauskas is my go to example there. At least Howard did play power forward for his first couple of years in the league, since the Magic had Kelvin Cato and Tony Battie.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Re: Primed to Ignite [42-25] | Rockets hold on against mighty C's + simmed progress

Postby cavs4872 on Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:40 pm

A lot of bizarre lineups going on in the league: Mike Dunleavy at PF with Troy Murphy at C for the Pacers, and my next matchup will have Al Harrington starting at center.
cavs4872
All I Do is Ball

Previous

Return to Basketball Video Game Stories