[NBA Live 06] Washington Wizards | The Silver Bullet | Trade News

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: [NBA Live 06] Washington Wizards | The Silver Bullet | 2006 Off-Season

Postby Breems on Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:42 pm

Breems
Back in my day...

Re: [NBA Live 06] Washington Wizards | The Silver Bullet | Trade News

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:07 pm

Solid deal. I like the touch of "EA Sports Analytics" as an in-universe measure of the player ratings, too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Breems on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:26 pm

Andrew wrote:Solid deal. I like the touch of "EA Sports Analytics" as an in-universe measure of the player ratings, too.

Thanks! I traded based on ratings and didn't discover the mediocre 3PT% until after the trade, so I felt I had to justify the decision :lol:. I'm hoping it works out well because his FG, 3PT, and O Aware ratings are solid.
Breems
Back in my day...

Postby Breems on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:24 pm

Breems
Back in my day...

Postby Breems on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:28 pm

For those interested, here are ratings comparisons for Morris Peterson vs. Marko Jaric and Alton Murray vs. Jared Jeffries.

And here are the ratings for all the newcomers:

I'm very excited about this roster. I now have 3PT threats in the starting lineup and off the bench.
Breems
Back in my day...

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Looking good for Year 2!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:40 am

Damn, you really are going for all the marksman! I guess Jaric sucked that much. :lol:
[Hyperize]

Postby Breems on Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:38 pm

Cavs spoil Wizards' season opener
By WashingtonWizards.com staff

vs. Cleveland | L 83-107 | Box Score

Ouch.

Larry Hughes apparently hasn't lost touch with the Verizon Center's rims since leaving the Wizards last year. He lit up the place for 27 points, hitting contested shot after contested shot. All of Washington and even LeBron (19 pts) paled in comparison.

I think we were trying to play show-and-tell with our new guys and neglected our gameplan. We know the newcomers can and will contribute, but we can't lose sight of what made us successful last season.
- Eddie Jordan

Indeed. Rookie Alton Murray jacked up 12 3s in his debut but managed to convert 50% of them for an impressive 18 points. 4 Wizards scored in double figures, but the real story was the astonishing 26 TOs and 24 fouls - uncharacteristic for a fundamentally-solid, veteran team. The turnovers will likely subside as the newcomers continue to meld, and the fouls were blatant frustration fouls as the Wizards frontcourt was dominated by Big Z and the Cavs.

It was a disappointing Eastern conference opener but will likely prove an anomaly as the Wizards figure things out.
Breems
Back in my day...

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:26 pm

Not the start you wanted, but at least Murray is knocking it down from range to start the year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:25 pm

Yeah, it's always tough to integrate new guys and play your game instead of just trying to show off with them.
[Hyperize]

Postby Breems on Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:51 pm

Wizards struggling on the glass
By NBA.com staff

vs. New Orleans, 11-14-06 | W 100-67 | Box Score
@Chicago, 11-15-06 | L 93-107 | Box Score
vs. Indiana, 11-20-06 | L 89-95 | Box Score

Washington is struggling out of the gate in the '06-07 season despite making the types of moves they wanted in the offseason.

The Wizards rebounded from their opening loss to the Cavs by thrashing the Hornets on top of Gilbert Arenas' triple-double of 27 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists! Unfortunately, that win was followed up by losses to the Bulls and Pacers - games which were never really in doubt.

There was a lot of talk about our perimeter shooting last season. Those numbers look better through these first four games, but we've created other problems for ourselves on the defensive end and on the glass. We're not stopping penetration, and we're allowing far too many second-chance points. We're going to need guys to step up in those areas at every position.
-- Eddie Jordan

Off the Court
I've enjoyed coming back to this game after a long break. Windows 10 employed new tactics to keep me from booting it up, but I got it running at last.

I'm not sure if I need time to reacclimate, my offseason moves sucked, or I'm just playing good teams, but this game is tougher than I remember. The CPU grabs offensive boards like they're going out of style despite that slider being set to 0. I'm giving up way too many open shots regardless. I'm enjoying the challenge, though. I really appreciate 2K's on-court experience, but this game still has my favorite gameplay regardless of nostalgia.

I actually played the Hornets game a couple years ago but never got around to posting it :). Oddly enough, I had more time to play when my daughter was an infant. I might explore posting updates per in-game month instead of individual game writeups to save time.
Breems
Back in my day...

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:56 pm

That GIF is smooth!

I think there's always a short period of getting used to a game again. They all have their own quirks as far as effective strategies, mechanics, and whatnot. What was the issue with Windows 10?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:25 pm

Hey, nice to see this back! My PC gets more and more outdated every day, so I'm always tempted to go back to 06 or even older editions of the game. I even might try that for my next association. Will follow this for sure!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:26 am

Jesus, I'm glad to see this back; at the same time I'm shocked two years have already passed... yikes!
[Hyperize]

Postby Breems on Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:24 am

Andrew wrote:That GIF is smooth!

I think there's always a short period of getting used to a game again. They all have their own quirks as far as effective strategies, mechanics, and whatnot. What was the issue with Windows 10?

Aside from needing a No-CD patch, I would get a black screen when booting the game, then it would switch back to desktop. I have to Alt-Tab into the game ~10 times before it works properly.
Breems
Back in my day...

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:30 am

Interesting. It's been a while since I tried running NBA Live 06 on Windows 10, but I wouldn't have thought that necessary as it doesn't use the same security as NBA Live 2003 and NBA Live 2004, which are more difficult to run with the absence of secdrv.sys. Good to know!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:58 pm

I hope this one can make a comeback it's definitely a trip down memory lane with the nba live franchise and it's really well put together too.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Previous

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood