[0-0] Lakers Franchise 2k17

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

[0-0] Lakers Franchise 2k17

Postby TheRocket on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:49 am

We are at the start of a new 2016/2017 NBA season. Lakers drafted a promising wing from Duke with the 2nd pick Brandon Ingram and added him to already good young core with D'Angelo Russell, Julius Randle and other guys. Lakers also signed veterans Timofeey Mozgov and Luol Deng but they are still considered to be a team that will finish somewhere in the bottom of the West Conference. The problem is, Lakers have to be really bad if they want to hold their pick that will otherwise go to the Philadelphia 76ers. We have a nice foundation, but the question is, what would be the best possible way to build this team right.

MyLeague Settings
Game: NBA 2K17 PS4
Rosters: Rosters as of Jan 6, 2017
Difficulty: Hall of Fame
Sliders: creweutah sliders
Season: 82 Games
Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Sim Length: 12 Minutes
Normalize Played to Sim Minutes: No
Normalize Played to Sim Stats: No
Playoffs: 7-7-7-7
TheRocket

Re: [0-0] Lakers Franchise 2k17

Postby TheRocket on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:09 am

So i asked myself, do i want to make trades that will make my team better or that will make my team worse. And i just love winning too much to select the second way so i was looking to find some trades to add some solid players that will turn my team into something that can win more games right away. I think that our core is promising and that these players can contribute right away and be a part of a winning team and what is more important, a playoff team, i intend to turn Lakers into a playoff team very first season. There are few guys i am targeting but we will see what happens

I am happy with my coaching stuff, we will have to make these decisions together and decide what will fit our team best and which players would fit into what we are trying to build. I have already started making calls around the league so here are few rumours that came out.

Lakers-Nets trade on the horizon?

Lakers are supposedly really high on Brook Lopez and since Nets stated that Brook Lopez is available there are rumours that the deal is close to being done. Nets did say that they want two first round picks in order to sell Lopez so we will have to see if the trade really goes through what did Lakers have to give up

Lou Williams available?

Rumour is that Lakers don't see high scoring combo guard as a part of their future and are looking to trade him. There are plenty of teams that could use a veteran 6th man scorer so Lakers will have no problem finding a team to make a deal with if they really want to sell him

Jordan Clarkson to be traded?

Jordan Clarkson is a part of Lakers young core so it's interesting to hear that he could be involved in a trade. Lakers are obviously trying to make some deals so it's not that impossible that even the some of the young guys don't start the season in the Lakers uniform
TheRocket

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood