Recreating My NBA Live 2004 Dynasty

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Recreating My NBA Live 2004 Dynasty

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:50 pm

I had a lot more closure with my NBA Live 2004 Dynasty than I did with my NBA Live 2002 Franchise, but I've always wondered: could I replicate the feat of trading Jalen Rose, Marcus Fizer, and Roger Mason Jr. for Kevin Garnett? I decided to give it a try, as part of our 20th Anniversary of NBA Live content.

My NBA Live 2004 Dynasty with the Chicago Bulls remains one of my absolute favourite experiences with a basketball video game. I maintained a story thread (which you can check out here in our Hall of Fame), and played through the entire first season: every single regular season and Playoff game, on twelve minute quarters. I won the championship, then simulated through most of the second season, ultimately winning back-to-back titles.

In some respects, my NBA Live 2004 Dynasty is something of an oddity for me. I double-dipped with the PC and PlayStation 2 version of NBA Live that year, and because the PS2 version came out first, I ended up starting a Dynasty game on that platform. Even though I did spend a lot of time with the PC version of NBA Live 2004, I was so hooked on my PS2 Dynasty that it's one of the rare times I spent as much time (if not slightly more) with the console version of NBA Live, at least when a PC version was also available.

Aside from winning 64 games and capturing the NBA championship in the first season, one of the most memorable aspects of my NBA Live 2004 Dynasty was my trade for Kevin Garnett, in a highly unlikely deal. Just for fun, and as part of our celebrations of the 20th Anniversary of NBA Live, I thought that I'd recreate my NBA Live 2004 Dynasty on the PC, and see what kind of results I got upon simulating the games. Let's take a look!

Read the full article here: http://www.nba-live.com/recreating-my-n ... 4-dynasty/
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood