Enter the Dragan [35-11] Final three games

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Enter the Dragan - 2019 NBA Finals - Off-Season begins

Postby Phil89 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:20 pm

Andrew wrote:An interesting game of musical chairs on the sidelines there.
cavs4872 wrote:Can't get enough of the feature of former players coaching; cool to see Kidd & Nowitzki reunite in Louisville!

A few real life moves and some veterans sticking around (Y)

Breems wrote:I'm a huge Arkansas fan and would be psyched to see you pick up Daniel Gafford. Looks like he'll be gone, though.

Yeah he'll probably be gone by my pick. I'll probably be looking at a SF or SG anyway to be honest.

But at least Gafford will probably end up somewhere where he will get more playing time. I'm really set for centers right now.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Re: Enter the Dragan - 2019 Champions - Pacers trade number one pick?

Postby Phil89 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:17 pm

27/6/19

2019 NBA Draft

Here comes Adam Silver to begin proceedings.

"I'd like to welcome everyone to the 2019 NBA draft, including the young men sitting in this room hoping to see their dreams come true today, but also to the millions watching this live around the world."

He then heads backstage as the clock starts ticking down for the Los Angeles Lakers.

-----

Pick 1
Image Los Angeles Lakers

RJ Barrett | Shooting Guard | 19 years old | Duke | 6'7" | 211 lbs

Commissioner Silver returns to the podium.

"With the first pick in the 2019 NBA draft, the Los Angeles Lakers select... RJ Barrett from Duke University."

So it's the move that everyone expected. The Lakers traded up because they really wanted the highly-rated Canadian and now they have him.

He joins a Lakers team in transition. Most of their current roster is expiring and expected to leave in the Summer. So for now he is part of a core that includes Brandon Ingram, Julius Randle, D'Angelo Russell and Ivica Zubac.

As a first overall pick by the Lakers he follows in the footsteps of Elgin Baylor, Magic Johnson and James Worthy. So, no pressure then.

2018-19 Stats: 20.9 PPG - 7.4 RPG - 4.2 APG

NBA Comparison: DeMar DeRozan

Fan Opinion: "Nice pick. Step one is complete, now we just gotta land LeBron and Kawhi. Woooo!"

-----

Pick 2
Image Portland Trail Blazers

Zion Williamson | Power Forward | 18 years old | Duke | 6'8" | 281 lbs

With the second overall pick the Trail Blazers take Barrett's Duke teammate Zion Williamson.

Williamson has been compared to NBA legend Charles Barkley due to being an undersized power forward who is an explosive athlete. He has a play style that is somewhat similar to Barkley's also.

He joins a Portland team that needs an injection of talent to lift it into the top tier of western conference teams. Dynamic scoring duo Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum have been carrying the load for a few years and they haven't managed to advance past the second round of the playoffs.

Hopefully Williamson will fit in well alongside Jusuf Nurkic in Portland's frontcourt.

2018-19 Stats: 23.9 PPG - 10.3 RPG - 4.1 BPG

NBA Comparison: Charles Barkley

Fan Opinion: "This kid has been super hyped since high school. I'm not sure if it's the right pick for us though. We'll have to wait and see."

-----

Pick 3
Image Indiana Pacers

Marvin Bagley III | Power Forward | 20 years old | Duke | 6'11" | 233 lbs

After trading down from the first overall pick, the Indiana Pacers take another Duke player, Marvin Bagley III, with the third selection.

Bagley is somewhat of a rarity in today's NBA because he spent an extra year in college instead of declaring for the draft after only a year at that level. The extra year at Duke really helped him develop his game and boost his draft stocks. He probably would have been a late lottery pick last year.

He joins a great young core in Indiana consisting of Victor Oladipo, Myles Turner, Jaylen Brown, Markelle Fultz, Michael Porter Jr, Wendell Carter and Grayson Allen. Good luck to the other eastern conference teams when this group figures out how to win games.

With Bagley being selected, Duke have made history. It's the first time that players from the same school have been taken with the top three picks in the NBA draft. Kentucky had Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist taken first and second in 2012.

Duke also previously had Jay Williams and Mike Dunleavy Jr taken with the second and third picks in 2002.

2018-19 Stats: 23.7 PPG - 11.0 RPG - 2.7 BPG

NBA Comparison: Chris Bosh

Fan Opinion: "Maybe we shouldn't have traded down and instead taken Barrett. But Bagley has all the tools to be great for us."

-----

Pick 4
Image Dallas Mavericks

Nassir Little | Small Forward | 19 years old | North Carolina | 6'6" | 213 lbs

Dallas select North Carolina forward Nassir Little with the fourth pick.

They are starting a new era without legend Dirk Nowitzki and it doesn't look too bad for them. Little joins DeAndre Ayton and De'Aaron Fox as part of their new young core.

Owner Mark Cuban was pretty annoyed to miss out on the first overall pick and RJ Barrett, but his team have picked up a nice player here. Little is a very competent offensive player and should give Harrison Barnes some solid competition at small forward during his rookie season.

2018-19 Stats: 22.1 PPG - 4.7 RPG - 2.3 APG

NBA Comparison: Gerald Wallace

Fan Opinion: "It's a shame Bagley wasn't still on the board. He would have been a great long-term replacement for Dirk."

-----

Here comes Adam Silver to deliver his favourite draft catchphrase.

"We have a trade to announce.."

"The Charlotte Hornets have traded pick 5 to the Utah Jazz in exchange for pick 11 and Rodney Hood".

It looks like the Jazz have their eye on someone who they don't expect to fall to pick eleven. Perhaps Donovan Mitchell from Louisville or Romeo Langford from Indiana.

They struggled last season and missed the playoffs. By doing this trade they remove a ton of luxury tax penalties and get the chance to add a potential third star next to Rudy Gobert and Gordon Hayward.

Charlotte add a solid wing scorer at the cost of moving back six spots in the draft. They desperately needed a backcourt partner for Kemba Walker and Hood should be a good addition.

They recently hired Stan Van Gundy as head coach, so you would assume that they plan on re-signing Dwight Howard and are planning on making a playoff push with a core of Kemba Walker, Nicolas Batum, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Dwight Howard and Rodney Hood.

Full details

Charlotte Hornets receive: Pick 11, Rodney Hood
Utah Jazz receive: Pick 5

-----

Pick 5
Image Utah Jazz

Donovan Mitchell | Shooting Guard | 22 years old | Louisville | 6'3" | 211 lbs

And the Jazz were targeting Donovan Mitchell. They traded up in order to land the explosive Louisville guard.

Mitchell is an exception to the rule among young NBA hopefuls in that he spent four years in college. He took his time to develop different aspects of his game over the years and will now enter the league as perhaps the most ready to make an instant impact in this whole draft class.

Utah missed the playoffs last season due to a lack of offensive firepower. They have perennial Defensive Player of the Year candidate Rudy Gobert anchoring their defense, but Gordon Hayward was often their lone threat on offense.

Mitchell should also inject some excitement into the team with his explosive dunking and confident demeanor.

2018-19 Stats: 21.5 PPG - 4.4 APG - 1.6 SPG

NBA Comparison: Wesley Matthews

Fan Opinion: "I think we made the right move trading Hood to get this guy. He looks like an exciting prospect."

-----

Pick 6
Image New York Knicks

Rui Hachimura | Small Forward | 21 years old | Gonzaga | 6'8" | 225 lbs

With the sixth overall pick the New York Knicks select small forward Rui Hachimura from Gonzaga.

This isn't the first time that the Knicks have taken a gamble on a foreign-born prospect. But can Hachimura be anywhere near as good as Kristaps Porzingis? His height and strength will definitely help him be effective in the NBA.

Hachimura certainly has come a long way since arriving in American with basically no understanding of the language.

He becomes only the second Japanese-born player, after Yuta Tabuse, to ever play in the NBA.

2018-19 Stats: 17.8 PPG - 5.3 RPG - 2.9 APG

NBA Comparison: Joe Johnson

Fan Opinion: "Booooooooooooooooooooo!"

-----

Pick 7
Image Atlanta Hawks

Romeo Langford | Shooting Guard | 19 years old | Indiana | 6'6" | 201 lbs

And with the seventh pick in the draft, the Atlanta Hawks select Indiana wing scorer Romeo Langford.

Some in the media had him going within the top three picks, so perhaps the Hawks have gotten themselves a real steal here. Apparently his pre-draft workouts weren't super impressive and that seems to have hurt his draft position.

Langford will likely be the long-term solution at shooting guard for Atlanta with Jeremy Lamb coming out of contract next month and Tim Hardaway Jr only having a year left on his contract.

2018-19 Stats: 23.9 PPG - 7.3 RPG - 4.4 APG

NBA Comparison: Bradley Beal

Fan Opinion: "I rate this kid as a top three talent in this draft. So I'm pumped that we got him this low."

-----

Pick 8
Image Memphis Grizzlies

Bruno Fernando | Center | 20 years old | Maryland | 6'10" | 236 lbs

The Memphis Grizzlies take Maryland center Bruno Fernando with the eighth overall pick.

It seems like they were keen to get a long-term replacement for the departed Marc Gasol. It is interesting that they chose the Brazilian over Oregon's Bol Bol, who came into this draft with a lot more hype.

Fernando quietly put together a solid season at Maryland. He projects to be a similar player to Al Horford at NBA level.

Memphis have five picks in this draft. They moved on from Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph, but are stuck with Mike Conley's monster contract for a few more years.

2018-19 Stats: 14.7 PPG - 8.7 RPG - 2.6 BPG

NBA Comparison: Al Horford

Fan Opinion: "This guy looks like a solid replacement for Gasol. Hopefully he can have a similar career with us as Marc did."

-----

Pick 9
Image Detroit Pistons

Immanuel Quickley | Point Guard | 20 years old | Kentucky | 6'4" | 185 lbs

With the ninth pick the Detroit Pistons take Kentucky point guard Immanuel Quickley.

Apparently new coach Dwayne Casey wasn't comfortable going into the season with Reggie Jackson and Raul Neto as his only options at point guard.

Quickley has a nice combination of size and athleticism. He can get his own shot in the lane with relative ease, but also has shown himself capable of knocking down the three-point shot regularly. His perimeter shooting game is quite strong.

2018-19 Stats: 12.7 PPG - 5.6 APG - 1.4 SPG

NBA Comparison: Eric Bledsoe

Fan Opinion: "I would have preferred us to take Cam Reddish with this pick. But this guy did look good at Kentucky."

-----

Pick 10
Image Denver Nuggets

Bol Bol | Center | 19 years old | Oregon | 7'2" | 225 lbs

The Denver Nuggets use pick ten to take Oregon center Bol Bol, the son of former NBA player Manute Bol.

It looks like a smart move by the Nuggets with the future of star big man Nikola Jokic up in the air.

Even if Jokic leaves the future is still promising in Denver with Bol joining Emmanuel Mudiay, Jamal Murray, Josh Jackson, Gary Harris, Trevon Duval, Skal Labissiere and Mikal Bridges. Plus veteran all-star Paul Millsap.

Bol possesses great size and length like his father, but has a much larger offensive repertoire. His lack of strength is the biggest obstacle to him becoming a monster at both ends of the floor right now.

2018-19 Stats: 14.8 PPG - 9.2 RPG - 3.8 BPG

NBA Comparison: Mohamed Bamba

Fan Opinion: "I guess this will soften the blow if Jokic leaves."

-----

2019 NBA Draft Summary

And that wraps up the 2019 NBA draft coverage. But wait, Here comes Adam Silver once more...

"We have a late trade to announce...", he declares.

"The Los Angeles Lakers have traded first overall pick RJ Barrett, Brandon Ingram and a future first round pick to San Antonio in exchange for Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green."

"That is all, thank you for watching. Goodnight."

Wow. Just when all the excitement seemed to be done for the night the Lakers pull off a major move. Apparently they had been working on this deal for the past two weeks and finally got the Spurs to agree to it with minutes before the Warriors made the final selection of the night.

It all makes sense now. They traded up to the first pick in order to land RJ Barrett, who was unlikely to fall to them at pick 3. The Spurs must have made it clear that they would only trade Leonard if they received Barrett and Ingram in return.

Adding a superstar like Kawhi will no doubt lend more weight to the belief of many around the league that the Lakers will be strongly pursuing LeBron James in free agency. They are a much more attractive destination with a top 10 player now on their roster.

San Antonio move on from the Kawhi era and now find themselves with a nice young core around veteran LaMarcus Aldridge. It now includes Brandon Ingram, RJ Barrett, Kyle Kuzma, Kyle Anderson, Dejounte Murray, Moses Brown and Lonnie Walker.

It will be interesting to see if legendary coach Gregg Popovich can make this team competitive again in the cut-throat western conference.

My Stories
Phil89

Re: Enter the Dragan - 2019 Draft - Who goes #1?

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:45 pm

Lakers making moves, just like in real life.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:29 am

I like the effort to get Kawhi to LA and Mitchell to Utah; did you have to do that?
[Hyperize]

Postby Phil89 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:04 pm

Andrew wrote:Lakers making moves, just like in real life.

Their rebuild through the draft hasn't really gotten them anywhere. Maybe it's time for them to get relevant again.

Having a strong Lakers team is a way of making the game harder without increasing the difficulty. The Pacific division is super competitive already with the Warriors (the benchmark), Clippers (4 all-stars), San Diego (improving every year) and Sacramento (well.. yeah).

The Lakers adding Kawhi and potentially luring another star through free agency will make it even tougher.

cavs4872 wrote:I like the effort to get Kawhi to LA and Mitchell to Utah; did you have to do that?

Yeah, I did the entire draft. Just because it annoyed me in previous years how the AI seemingly paid no attention to the mock drafts or what their team needed when picking a prospect.

Being able to control all 32 teams during the off-season is probably my favourite feature in this game. I like creating narratives, rather than just letting the game make random moves.

I added Mitchell to the draft class last season, but only thought of getting him to Utah once the opportunity to get them a higher pick presented itself.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:56 pm

Phil89 wrote:Yeah, I did the entire draft. Just because it annoyed me in previous years how the AI seemingly paid no attention to the mock drafts or what their team needed when picking a prospect.

Being able to control all 32 teams during the off-season is probably my favourite feature in this game. I like creating narratives, rather than just letting the game make random moves.

I added Mitchell to the draft class last season, but only thought of getting him to Utah once the opportunity to get them a higher pick presented itself.

Probably for the best. It's not like teams have been left at a disadvantage, so sounds like a good move to me.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:50 pm

20/7/19

League sources: Woj successfully defends his off-season MVP crown

Over the past couple of weeks ESPN's NBA reporter Adrian Wojnarowski showed why he is considered one of the best in the business. He delivered an MVP level performance by consistently breaking all of the biggest off-season stories as they happened.

He was launching "Woj Bombs" from all over the place as he got his team the W. His strategy of sleeping in his office and barely eating really paid off in the long run.

Yahoo Sports reporter Shams Charania was often left grasping for his phone as Woj was tweeting lights out. "Phone down, man down" as Mark Jackson would say (probably).

Shams did get the odd exclusive, but who really cares about Boban Marjanovic re-signing with the Magic or DeMarre Carroll joining the Rockets?

July 1st

July 2nd

July 3rd

July 4th

July 5th

July 6th

July 7th

July 8th

July 9th

July 10th

July 11th

July 12th

July 13th

July 14th

July 15th

July 16th

My Stories
Phil89

Re: Enter the Dragan - 2019 Off-Season - Woj bombs incoming

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:02 pm

Free agency sure was wild!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:32 am

Andrew wrote:Free agency sure was wild!

Yep. Lakers are back, Houston is in trouble, Warriors got weaker, Bucks and Bulls strengthened, Cavs are back to 2010, Knicks could be a dark horse with Harden and Porzingis.

Hopefully the league as a whole is a lot more competitive. I could see Chicago, Milwaukee, Boston, Toronto and maybe even New York all challenging Philadelphia out east.

I think the Warriors, Lakers, Clippers and Thunder will be the top tier out west. With us, Portland, Minnesota and Utah being a tier below.

In the end I decided not to get too greedy. I was tempted to try and sign Klay Thompson as well, but I want Booker to be the alpha on this team and I also didn't want to inhibit Kevin Knox's development.

Jokic should be a big upgrade on Len. He is a good inside scorer and I think was one of the top rebounders last season. So he should help me in that area, which I usually struggle with.

How do you like the Bulls signing Klay?

He should be playing SF in this line-up: Bamba - Portis - Klay - LaVine - Dunn. With Markkanen, Valentine and Payne coming off the bench.

I imagine that team would have beaten me in the finals, given how close it was without Klay.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby [Hyperize] on Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:16 am

I mean, you say Cavs are back to 2010, but Gasol and Harris are nice stopgap pieces. I imagine they'll be a playoff team again. I don't know about throwing that kind of money at Burks though. I hope he's decent in your game.

Edit: Shit, didn't they trade Love for Gasol? I was imagining a Love/Gasol interior.

Beyond being an interior presence, Jokic's passing/three-ball = (Y)
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:12 pm

I like the acquisition of Klay from a perspective of talent. I'm not the biggest fan of anyone on the Warriors though, so I'm iffier on that front. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:21 pm

cavs4872 wrote:I mean, you say Cavs are back to 2010, but Gasol and Harris are nice stopgap pieces. I imagine they'll be a playoff team again. I don't know about throwing that kind of money at Burks though. I hope he's decent in your game.

Edit: Shit, didn't they trade Love for Gasol? I was imagining a Love/Gasol interior.

Beyond being an interior presence, Jokic's passing/three-ball = (Y)

Well, 2010 as in no LeBron. Their team is definitely better this time around though with Isaiah Thomas, Gasol, Harris, Burks, Terry Rozier, Marcus Morris, Kelly Olynyk and 60 year old Joe Johnson :D

They traded Love for Bosh a couple of seasons ago. It didn't really work out and Bosh just retired.

I'm really looking forward to the Jokic-Bender frontcourt tandem. Dragan is basically a mini Porzingis in this game.

Andrew wrote:I like the acquisition of Klay from a perspective of talent. I'm not the biggest fan of anyone on the Warriors though, so I'm iffier on that front. :lol:

I totally understand that. As good as they are, they do make it pretty hard to like them. Hopefully Klay can become a more humble person in a different environment :wink:
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Phil89 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:32 pm

1/9/19

Off-Season Summary: Eastern Conference

Atlanta

Contract Options: Kent Bazemore ($19.3m/Player), Taurean Prince ($3.5m/Team), Juan Hernangomez ($3.3m/Team), DeAndre Bembry ($2.6m/Team), Ivan Rabb ($1.6m/2yr Team)

Re-Signings: Jeremy Lamb ($15m/3 years), Frank Mason III ($2m/1 year/QO)

Arrivals: Mario Chalmers ($1.7m/1 year - San Francisco)

Departures: Joseph Young (Utah), Mike Muscala (Miami)

Draft Picks: Romeo Langford (pick 7), Jordan Brown (pick 24)

Trades

• Atlanta receive: Alex Len, EC Matthews, 2020 second round pick, 2021 second round pick
  • Phoenix receive: Tim Hardaway Jr, Joffrey Lauvergne, DeAndre Bembry

Predicted Starting Line-Up
Cody Zeller - Jared Sullinger - Kent Bazemore - Jeremy Lamb - Dennis Schroder

Reserves
Ivan Rabb, Isaac Bonga, Taurean Prince, Romeo Langford, Juan Hernangomez, Alex Len, Jordan Brown, Frank Mason III, Mario Chalmers, EC Matthews

Head Coach: Lloyd Pierce

Boston

Contract Options: Al Horford ($30.1m/Player), Kyrie Irving ($21.3m/Player)

Re-Signings: Shaun Livingston ($10m/2 years), Iman Shumpert ($8m/2 years), Malik Pope ($1.5m/1 year/QO), Langston Galloway ($1.3m/1 year)

Arrivals: Marco Belinelli ($1.7m/1 year - LA Clippers), Omri Casspi ($1.7m/1 year - Sacramento), Garrett Temple ($1.6m/1 year - Charlotte), Mike Scott ($1.4m/1 year)

Departures: Tony Allen (Retired), Channing Frye (Retired), Malcolm Brogdon (San Diego), Jason Smith (San Diego), Brandon Rush (Minnesota), Jarnell Stokes (Cleveland)

Draft Picks: Marcelo Santos (pick 26), James Dawson (pick 30)

Al Horford - Thaddeus Young - Paul George - Iman Shumpert - Kyrie Irving

Reserves
Shaun Livingston, Tyler Zeller, Omri Casspi, Mike Scott, Marcelo Santos, Malik Pope, Garrett Temple, Langston Galloway, Marco Belinelli, James Dawson

Head Coach: Brad Stevens

Brooklyn

Contract Options: Allen Crabbe ($18.5m/Player), Caris LaVert ($2.6m/Team), Isaiah Whitehead ($1.2m/Team), Edmond Sumner ($1.1m/2yr Team)

Re-Signings: Zach Randolph ($1.7m/1 year), Spencer Hawes ($1.7m/1 year), Lavoy Allen ($1.6m/1 year)

Arrivals: James Ennis ($1.3m/1 year - Charlotte)

Departures: Cliff Alexander (Free Agent)

Draft Picks: -

Trades

• Brooklyn receive: Kenneth Faried (S&T)
  • Sacramento receive: Allen Crabbe, Nets 2020 first round pick (Lottery protected)

Mason Plumlee - Kenneth Faried - Rondae Hollis-Jefferson - Caris LaVert - Jeremy Lin

Reserves
Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph, JR Smith, Marreese Speights, Edmond Sumner, Spencer Hawes, Lavoy Allen, Isaiah Whitehead, James Ennis, Gary Trent Jr

Head Coach: Kenny Atkinson

Charlotte

Contract Options: Marvin Williams ($15m/Player), Michael Kidd-Gilchrist ($13m/Player), Terrance Ferguson ($2.3m/2yr Team)

Re-Signings: Dwight Howard ($26m/2 years), Christian Wood ($4m/2 years), Monte Morris ($1.7m/1 year/QO)

Arrivals: Gerald Henderson ($1.7m/1 year - Detroit), Tiago Splitter ($1.6m/1 year - Denver), Wesley Johnson ($1.6m/1 year - Seattle)

Departures: Carl Landry (Retired), Frank Kaminsky (Denver), Stephen Zimmerman (Louisville), Garrett Temple (Boston), Nik Stauskas (Milwaukee), James Ennis (Brooklyn)

Draft Picks: Simi Shittu (pick 11), Solomon Sene (pick 34)

Trades

• Charlotte receive: Pick 11, Rodney Hood
  • Utah receive: Pick 5

Dwight Howard - Marvin Williams - Nicolas Batum - Rodney Hood - Kemba Walker

Reserves
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Collin Sexton, Terrance Ferguson, Christian Wood, Monte Morris, Simi Shittu, Wesley Johnson, Gerald Henderson, Tiago Splitter, Solomon Sene

Head Coach: Stan Van Gundy

Chicago

Contract Options: Kris Dunn ($5.4m/Team), Denzel Valentine ($3.4m/Team), Lauri Markkanen ($2.2m/2yr Team), Thomas Bryant ($1.1m/2yr Team)

Re-Signings: Cameron Payne ($4.5m/1 year/QO)

Arrivals: Klay Thompson ($114m/4 years - San Francisco), Jodie Meeks ($1.7m/1 year - Cleveland), Tarik Black ($1.3m/1 year - LA Lakers)

Departures: Tyson Chandler (Retired), Paul Zipser (Utah), Terrence Ross (San Francisco), Anthony Morrow (LA Clippers)

Draft Picks: Brian Bowen (pick 21), Daniel Harper (pick 25), PJ Washington (pick 29)

Mohamed Bamba - Bobby Portis - Klay Thompson - Zach LaVine - Kris Dunn

Reserves
Denzel Valentine, Lauri Markkanen, Cameron Payne, Thomas Bryant, Jarred Vanderbilt, Brian Bowen, Tarik Black, PJ Washington, Daniel Harper, Jodie Meeks

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Cleveland

Contract Options: Tacko Fall ($1.1m/Team)

Re-Signings: Marc Gasol ($50m/2 years), Andrew Harrison ($1.5m/1 year/QO), Jordan Mickey ($4m/2 years), Joe Johnson ($1.7m/1 year)

Arrivals: Tobias Harris ($47m/3 years - LA Lakers), Alec Burks ($36m/3 years - LA Lakers), Marcus Morris ($8m/2 years - LA Lakers), Justin Holiday ($1.4m/1 year - Minnesota), Tony Wroten ($1.4m/1 year - Orlando), Jarnell Stokes ($1.2m/1 year - Boston)

Departures: Chris Bosh (Retired), Kyle Korver (Retired), LeBron James (LA Lakers), Trevor Booker (Sacramento), James Johnson (Dallas), Jodie Meeks (Chicago), Corey Brewer (LA Clippers)

Draft Picks: Jackson Pierce (pick 18)

Marc Gasol - Marcus Morris - Tobias Harris - Alec Burks - Isaiah Thomas

Reserves
Terry Rozier, Kelly Olynyk, Jordan Mickey, Andrew Harrison, Tony Wroten, Jarnell Stokes, Jackson Pierce, Justin Holiday, Tacko Fall, Joe Johnson

Head Coach: Tyronn Lue

Detroit

Contract Options: Harry Ellenson ($2.9m/Team), Nigel Hayes ($1.2m/2yr Team), Nick Richards ($1.2m/Team)

Re-Signings: Raul Neto ($2.1m/1 year/QO)

Arrivals: Marcus Thornton ($1.7m/1 year - Miami), Georges Niang ($1m/1 year)

Departures: Randy Foye (Retired), Norris Cole (Memphis), Gerald Henderson (Charlotte)

Draft Picks: Immanuel Quickley (pick 9)

Andre Drummond - Larry Nance Jr - Stanley Johnson - Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - Reggie Jackson

Reserves
Jon Leuer, Harry Ellenson, Hamidou Diallo, Raul Neto, Luol Deng, Immanuel Quickley, Nigel Hayes, Marcus Thornton, Nick Richards, Georges Niang

Head Coach: Dwayne Casey

Indiana

Contract Options: Jaylen Brown ($6.5m/Team), Markelle Fultz ($4.8m/2yr Team), Grayson Allen ($2m/2yr Team), Andrew Jones ($1.1m/Team)

Re-Signings: -

Arrivals: Rodney Stuckey ($1.7m/1 year - San Antonio)

Departures: Ersan Ilyasova (Milwaukee), Archie Goodwin (Free Agent)

Draft Picks: Marvin Bagley III (pick 3)

Trades

• Indiana receive: Pick 3, Lakers 2021 first round pick (Top 3 protected)
  • LA Lakers receive: Pick 1

Myles Turner - Wendell Carter - Jaylen Brown - Victor Oladipo - Markelle Fultz

Reserves
Michael Porter Jr, Grayson Allen, Al Jefferson, Cole Aldrich, Marvin Bagley III, Jeff Teague, Jerami Grant, Andrew Jones, Glenn Robinson III, Rodney Stuckey

Head Coach: Nate McMillan

Louisville

Contract Options: Lonzo Ball ($3.5m/2yr Team), Damian Jones ($2.3m/Team), Bonzie Colson II ($1.5m/Team)

Re-Signings: Delon Wright ($3.6m/1 year/QO), Rodions Kurucs ($2.1m/1 year/QO)

Arrivals: Kelly Oubre Jr ($70m/4 years - Washington), Stephen Zimmerman ($3m/1 year - Charlotte), Pat Connaughton ($1.2m/1 year - Dallas), Pascal Siakam ($1.1m/1 year)

Departures: Aaron Harrison (Miami), Aron Baynes (San Francisco), DJ Hogg (Free Agent)

Trades

• Louisville receive: Shabazz Muhammad, Timberwolves 2021 first round pick (Lottery protected)
  • Minnesota receive: Evan Turner, Monta Ellis

Timofey Mozgov - Noah Vonleh - Kelly Oubre Jr - Luka Doncic - Lonzo Ball

Reserves
Rajon Rondo, Shabazz Muhammad, Dzanan Musa, Stephen Zimmerman, Damian Jones, Rodions Kurucs, Delon Wright, Pascal Siakam, Patrick Connaughton, Bonzie Colson II

Head Coach: Jason Kidd

Miami

Contract Options: Hassan Whiteside ($27.1m/Player), Kevin Love ($24.1m/Player), Tyler Johnson ($19.3m/Player), Frank Ntilikina ($3.2m/2yr Team), Billy Preston ($1.1m/Team)

Re-Signings: Justise Winslow ($113m/5 years), Derrick Williams ($1.6m/1 year)

Arrivals: Lance Thomas ($1.6m/1 year - LA Clippers), Shelvin Mack ($1.6m/1 year - Seattle), Mike Muscala ($1.4m/1 year - Atlanta), Aaron Harrison ($1.2m/1 year - Louisville), Shane Larkin ($1.1m/1 year)

Departures: Ricky Rubio (Sacramento), Ty Lawson (Denver), Terrence Jones (Denver), Marcus Thornton (Detroit), Quincy Pondexter (LA Clippers), Willie Reed (Free Agent)

Draft Picks: Shareef O'Neal (pick 13)

Hassan Whiteside - Kevin Love - Justise Winslow - Josh Richardson - Frank Ntilikina

Reserves
Gorgui Dieng, Shelvin Mack, Tyler Johnson, Mike Muscala, Lance Thomas, Shareef O'Neal, Aaron Harrison, Shane Larkin, Billy Preston, Derrick Williams

Head Coach: Erik Spoelstra

Milwaukee

Contract Options: Khris Middleton ($13m/Player), Thon Maker ($3.6m/Team), Marques Bolden ($1.6m/2yr Team), Allonzo Trier ($1.3m/2yr Team), Aaron Holiday ($1.1m/Team)

Re-Signings: Tony Snell ($4m/2 years), Alan Williams ($1.2m/1 year)

Arrivals: Ersan Ilyasova ($1.7m/1 year - Indiana), Nik Stauskas ($1.3m/1 year - Charlotte)

Departures: Rashad Vaughn (Free Agent)

Draft Picks: Kostas Antetokounmpo (pick 21)

Trades

• Milwaukee receive: DeMarcus Cousins
  • Sacramento receive: Jabari Parker, John Henson, Thon Maker, Bucks 2020 first round pick

DeMarcus Cousins - Jaren Jackson Jr - Giannis Antetokounmpo - Khris Middleton - Eric Bledsoe

Reserves
Marques Bolden, Matthew Dellavedova, Miles Plumlee, Ersan Ilyasova, Kostas Antetokounmpo, Allonzo Trier, Tony Snell, Nik Stauskas, Alan Williams, Aaron Holiday

Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer

New York

Contract Options: Brice Johnson ($2.5m/Team), Jaron Blossomgame ($1.7m/2yr Team), Willy Hernangomez ($1.6m/Team), Malik Newman ($1.4m/Team), Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk ($1.1m/2yr Team)

Re-Signings: Kristaps Porzingis ($128m/5 years), Kyle O'Quinn ($4m/2 years)

Arrivals: James Harden ($136m/4 years - Houston)

Departures: Joakim Noah (Retired), James Young (Free Agent)

Draft Picks: Rui Hachimura (pick 6)

Trades

• New York receive: Ben McLemore, Mavericks 2023 second round pick
  • Dallas receive: Avery Bradley

Willy Hernangomez - Kristaps Porzingis - Rui Hachimura - James Harden - Derrick Rose

Reserves
Robert Williams, Doug McDermott, Kyle O'Quinn, Jaron Blossomgame, Troy Brown, Brice Johnson, Ben McLemore, Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, De'Anthony Melton, Malik Newman

Head Coach: David Fizdale

Orlando

Contract Options: Bismack Biyombo ($17m/Player), Jonathan Isaac ($2.5m/2yr Team), Isaiah Hartenstein ($1.5m/2yr Team)

Re-Signings: Boban Marjanovic ($8m/2 years), DJ Wilson ($1.5m/1 year/QO)

Arrivals: -

Departures: DeMarre Carroll (Houston), Tony Wroten (Cleveland)

Draft Picks: Kyle Guy (pick 23), Dakari Lamb (pick 48)

Bismack Biyombo - Aaron Gordon - Mario Hezonja - Evan Fournier - Elfrid Payton

Reserves
Boban Marjanovic, Isaiah Hartenstein, Brandon McCoy, Justin Jackson, Jonathan Simmons, DJ Augustin, DJ Wilson, Kyle Guy, Dakari Lamb

Head Coach: Steve Clifford

Philadelphia

Contract Options: Dwight Powell ($10.3m/Player), Ben Simmons ($8.1m/Team), Dario Saric ($3.5m/Team), Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot ($2.5m/Team), Tyler Ulis ($1.3m/Team)

Re-Signings: Justin Anderson ($3.6m/1 year/QO), TJ McConnell ($1.6m/1 year/QO), Roy Hibbert ($1.7m/1 year)

Arrivals: -

Departures: Dwyane Wade (Retired)

Draft Picks: Dustin Haislip (pick 39)

Joel Embiid - Dario Saric - Ben Simmons - JJ Redick - John Wall

Reserves
Dwight Powell, Tyler Ulis, Robert Covington, TJ McConnell, Justin Anderson, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot, Chimezie Metu, Roy Hibbert, Dustin Haislip, Courtney Lee

Head Coach: Brett Brown

Toronto

Contract Options: Jonas Valanciunas ($17.6m/Player), Jakob Poeltl ($3.8m/Team), Devonte Graham ($1.3m/2yr Team)

Re-Signings: Cory Joseph ($15m/3 years), Patrick Patterson ($10m/2 years), Michael Beasley ($3.1m/1 year), Dillon Brooks ($1.5m/1 year/QO)

Arrivals: Nemanja Bjelica ($1.1m/1 year)

Departures: OJ Mayo (Oklahoma City), PJ Tucker (San Diego)

Draft Picks: Cameron Reddish (pick 12)

Jonas Valanciunas - Serge Ibaka - Michael Beasley - DeMar DeRozan - Kyle Lowry

Reserves
Jakob Poeltl, Cory Joseph, Patrick Patterson, Devonte Graham, Dion Waiters, Cameron Reddish, Dillon Brooks, Nemanja Bjelica, Lucas Nogueira, Bruno Caboclo

Head Coach: David Blatt

Washington

Contract Options: Malik Monk ($2.7m/2yr Team), Bam Adebayo ($1.9m/2yr Team), Marcus Lee ($1.1m/Team)

Re-Signings: Markieff Morris ($8m/2 years), Trey Burke ($6m/2 years), Chris McCullough ($3.4m/1 year/QO)

Arrivals: LiAngelo Ball ($1m/1 year - Utah)

Departures: Kelly Oubre Jr (Louisville), Wayne Ellington (San Francisco), Brian Roberts (Free Agent)

Draft Picks: Daniel Gafford (pick 14), Ben Johnson (pick 19)

Jahlil Okafor - Bam Adebayo - Otto Porter - Bradley Beal - Brandon Knight

Reserves
Markieff Morris, Bojan Bogdanovic, Malik Monk, Chris McCullough, Trey Burke, Ian Mahinmi, Daniel Gafford, Ben Johnson, LiAngelo Ball, Marcus Lee

Head Coach: Scott Brooks

My Stories
Phil89

Postby Phil89 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:43 pm

1/9/19

Off-Season Summary: Western Conference

Dallas

Contract Options: Harrison Barnes ($25.1m/Player), De'Aaron Fox ($2.9m/2yr Team)

Re-Signings: Willie Cauley-Stein ($6.3m/1 year/QO), Jalen Brunson ($1.8m/1 year/QO), Richaun Holmes ($1.6m/1 year/QO)

Arrivals: George Hill ($8m/2 years - LA Lakers), Robin Lopez ($1.7m/1 year - Phoenix), James Johnson ($1.7m/1 year - Cleveland), Darell Arthur ($1.7m/1 year - Denver)

Departures: Dirk Nowitzki (Retired), Pat Connaughton (Louisville), AJ Hammons (Free Agent), VJ Beachem (Free Agent)

Draft Picks: Nassir Little (pick 4)

Trades

• Dallas receive: Julius Randle
  • LA Lakers receive: Nerlens Noel, Mavericks 2020 second round pick, Mavericks 2021 second round pick

• Dallas receive: Avery Bradley
  • New York receive: Ben McLemore, Mavericks 2023 second round pick

DeAndre Ayton - Julius Randle - Harrison Barnes - Avery Bradley - De'Aaron Fox

Reserves
Willie Cauley-Stein, George Hill, Will Barton, Nassir Little, Richaun Holmes, Jaylen Brunson, James Johnson, Seth Curry, Robin Lopez, Darrell Arthur

Head Coach: Rick Carlisle

Denver

Contract Options: Jamal Murray ($4.4m/Team), Josh Jackson ($4.3m/2yr Team), Skal Labissiere ($2.3m/Team), Tony Bradley ($1.4m/Team)

Re-Signings: Emmanuel Mudiay ($74m/4 years)

Arrivals: Frank Kaminsky ($38m/4 years - Charlotte), Ty Lawson ($1.7m/1 year - Miami), Dante Cunningham ($1.7m/1 year - San Francisco), Terrence Jones ($1.5m/1 year - Miami)

Departures: Jarrett Jack (Retired), Thabo Sefolosha (Retired), Nikola Jokic (Phoenix), Tiago Splitter (Charlotte), Darrell Arthur (Dallas)

Draft Picks: Bol Bol (pick 10)

Frank Kaminsky - Paul Millsap - Josh Jackson - Jamal Murray - Emmanuel Mudiay

Reserves
Gary Harris, Trevon Duval, Skal Labissiere, Bol Bol, Maurice Harkless, Mikal Bridges, Terrence Jones, Tony Bradley, Ty Lawson, Dante Cunningham

Head Coach: Mike Malone

Houston

Contract Options: Jarrett Allen ($1.2m/2yr Team)

Re-Signings: Patrick Beverley ($10m/2 years), Sam Dekker ($3.9m/1 year/QO), Melo Trimble ($1.8m/1 year/QO), Chinanu Onuaku ($1.5m/1 year/QO)

Arrivals: DeMarre Carroll ($7m/2 years - Orlando)

Departures: Nene (Retired), James Harden (New York)

Draft Picks: Darius Garland (pick 16)

Clint Capela - Ryan Anderson - DeMarre Carroll - Eric Gordon - Patrick Beverley

Reserves
Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Allen, Melo Trimble, Sam Dekker, Chinanu Onuaku, Darius Garland, Lou Williams, Tyler Ennis, Trevor Ariza, KJ McDaniels

Head Coach: Mike D'Antoni

LA Clippers

Contract Options: -

Re-Signings: Dwayne Bacon ($2.7m/1 year/QO), Briante Weber ($2m/1 year/QO), Maurice N'Dour ($1.9m/1 year/QO), Luc Mbah a Moute ($1.7m/1 year), Brandon Bass ($1.7m/1 year), Kosta Koufos ($1.7m/1 year), Jaylen Hands ($1.5m/1 year/QO)

Arrivals: Anthony Morrow ($1.7m/1 year - Chicago), Corey Brewer ($1.7m/1 year - Cleveland), Quincy Pondexter ($1.6m/1 year - Miami)

Departures: Lance Stephenson (LA Lakers), Lance Thomas (Miami), Marco Belinelli (Boston)

DeAndre Jordan - Blake Griffin - Carmelo Anthony - Dwayne Bacon - Chris Paul

Reserves
Kosta Koufos, Maurice N'Dour, Diamond Stone, Briante Weber, Quincy Pondexter, Jaylen Hands, Anthony Morrow, Corey Brewer, Brandon Bass, Luc Mbah a Moute

Head Coach: Doc Rivers

LA Lakers

Contract Options: Brandon Ingram ($7.3m/Team)

Re-Signings: D'Angelo Russell ($88m/4 years), Ivica Zubac ($1.6m/1 year/QO)

Arrivals: LeBron James ($159m/4 year - Cleveland), Lance Stephenson ($6m/1 year - LA Clippers), Jeff Green ($2m/1 year - Minnesota), JaVale McGee ($1.7m/1 year - San Francisco), Amir Johnson ($1.7m/1 year - Minnesota), Gerald Green ($1.7m/1 year - San Diego), Deron Williams ($1.7m/1 year - Sacramento), Austin Rivers ($1.5m/1 year - San Francisco), Josh Smith ($1.5m/1 year)

Departures: George Hill (Dallas), Brandon Jennings (Seattle), Ish Smith (San Francisco), Marcin Gortat (Minnesota), Alec Burks (Cleveland), Tobias Harris (Cleveland), Marcus Morris (Cleveland), Jared Dudley (Phoenix), Jeff Withey (Seattle), Tarik Black (Chicago)

Draft Picks: RJ Barrett (pick 1)

Trades

• LA Lakers receive: Pick 1
  • Indiana receive: Pick 3, Lakers 2021 first round pick (Top 3 protected)

• LA Lakers receive: Nerlens Noel, Mavericks 2020 second round pick, Mavericks 2021 second round pick
  • Dallas receive: Julius Randle

• LA Lakers receive: Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green
  • San Antonio receive: Brandon Ingram, RJ Barrett, Lakers 2020 first round pick

Nerlens Noel - LeBron James - Kawhi Leonard - Lance Stephenson - D'Angelo Russell

Reserves
Jeff Green, Amir Johnson, Danny Green, Ivica Zubac, Austin Rivers, JaVale McGee, Gerald Green, Deron Williams, John Petty, Josh Smith

Head Coach: Luke Walton

Memphis

Contract Options: Wade Baldwin ($3m/Team), Malcolm Hill ($1.1m/2yr Team)

Re-Signings: Deyonta Davis ($28m/4 years), Mitchell Robinson ($1.5m/1 year/QO), Jordan McRae ($1.2m/1 year)

Arrivals: Norris Cole ($1.5m/1 year - Detroit)

Departures: David West (Retired), Troy Daniels (Minnesota), Jarell Martin (Free Agent)

Draft Picks: Bruno Fernando (pick 8), Fernando Garcia (pick 17)

Tristan Thompson - Deyonta Davis - Chandler Parsons - Jordan Adams - Mike Conley

Reserves
Wade Baldwin, JaMychal Green, Bruno Fernando, Brandan Wright, Bruce Brown, Fernando Garcia, Jordan McRae, Malcolm Hill, Mitchell Robinson, Norris Cole

Head Coach: Frank Vogel

Minnesota

Contract Options: Jimmy Butler ($19.8m/Player), Goran Dragic ($19.2m/Player), Harry Giles ($5.4m/2yr Team), Sacha Killeya-Jones ($1.1m/Team)

Re-Signings: Karl-Anthony Towns ($153m/5 years), Tyus Jones ($3.6m/1 year/QO), Taj Gibson ($1.7m/1 year)

Arrivals: Marcin Gortat ($4m/1 year - LA Lakers), Brandon Rush ($1.7m/1 year - Boston), Omer Asik ($1.6m/1 year - Utah), Troy Daniels ($1.4m/1 year - Memphis), London Perrantes ($1m/1 year)

Departures: Kevin Martin (Retired), Beno Udrih (Retired), Jeff Green (LA Lakers), Justin Holiday (Cleveland), Nikola Pekovic (Free Agent), Kevin Seraphin (Free Agent)

Trades

• Minnesota receive: Evan Turner, Monta Ellis
  • Louisville receive: Shabazz Muhammad, Timberwolves 2021 first round pick (Lottery protected)

Karl-Anthony Towns - Harry Giles - Andrew Wiggins - Jimmy Butler - Goran Dragic

Reserves
Evan Turner, Marcin Gortat, Taj Gibson, Tyus Jones, Monta Ellis, Troy Daniels, Brandon Rush, London Perrantes, Sacha Killeya-Jones, Omer Asik

Head Coach: Tom Thibodeau

Oklahoma City

Contract Options: Jayson Tatum ($2.1m/2yr Team)

Re-Signings: Russell Westbrook ($179m/5 years), Jerian Grant ($3.8m/1 year/QO), Alexis Ajinca ($1.6m/1 year), Keita Bates-Diop ($1.5m/1 year/QO)

Arrivals: OJ Mayo ($1.6m/1 year - Toronto), Quincy Acy ($1.5m/1 year - Seattle), Wenyen Gabriel ($1.2m/1 year), Spencer Dinwiddie ($1.1m/1 year)

Departures: David Lee (Retired), Jose Calderon (Retired), Amir Johnson (LA Lakers), Nick Young (Free Agent), Kendrick Perkins (Free Agent)

Draft Picks: Marcus Jackson (pick 28)

Steven Adams - Derrick Favors - Jae Crowder - Andre Roberson - Russell Westbrook

Reserves
Jayson Tatum, Alex Abrines, Alexis Ajinca, Jerian Grant, Quincy Acy, Keita Bates-Diop, Wenyen Gabriel, OJ Mayo, Marcus Jackson, Spencer Dinwiddie

Head Coach: Billy Donovan

Phoenix

Contract Options: Dragan Bender ($5.9m/Team), Marquese Chriss ($4.1m/Team), Jonathan Jeanne ($1.4m/2yr Team)

Re-Signings: Devin Booker ($128m/5 years), Michael Carter-Williams ($6m/2 years), Jerryd Bayless ($1.7m/1 year)

Arrivals: Nikola Jokic ($103m/4 years - Denver), CJ Miles ($4.5m/1 year - San Diego), Jared Dudley ($1.7m/1 year - LA Lakers)

Departures: Andre Iguodala (Retired), Robin Lopez (Dallas), Josh Huestis (Seattle), Mirza Teletovic (Free Agent), Kerwin Roach (Free Agent)

Draft Picks: Marvin Sanders (pick 32)

Trades

• Phoenix receive: Tim Hardaway Jr, Joffrey Lauvergne, DeAndre Bembry
  • Atlanta receive: Alex Len, EC Matthews, 2020 second round pick, 2021 second round pick

Nikola Jokic - Dragan Bender - Kevin Knox - Devin Booker - Marcus Smart

Reserves
Michael Carter-Williams, Joffrey Lauvergne, Tim Hardaway Jr, CJ Miles, Marquese Chriss, Jonathan Jeanne, DeAndre Bembry, Jerryd Bayless, Jared Dudley, Marvin Sanders

Head Coach: Earl Watson

Portland

Contract Options: Andrew Nicholson ($6.9m/Player), OG Anunoby ($1.4m/2yr Team), Frank Jackson ($1.1m/2yr Team)

Re-Signings: Al-Farouq Aminu ($19m/2 years)

Arrivals: Pau Gasol ($1.1m/1 year - San Antonio)

Departures: Kennedy Meeks (Free Agent), JJ Hickson (Prison)

Draft Picks: Zion Williamson (pick 2), Ian Haynes (pick 27)

Jusuf Nurkic - Ed Davis - Al-Farouq Aminu - CJ McCollum - Damian Lillard

Reserves
Pau Gasol, Zion Williamson, Meyers Leonard, OG Anunoby, Josh Hart, Frank Jackson, Shabazz Napier, Jacob Evans, Rawle Alkins, Ian Haynes

Head Coach: Terry Stotts

Sacramento

Contract Options: Georgios Papagiannis ($3.4m/Team), Malik Beasley ($2.7m/Team), Malachi Richardson ($2.6m/Team)

Re-Signings: Kenneth Faried ($57m/3 years/S&T), Caleb Swanigan ($1.7m/1 year/QO)

Arrivals: Ricky Rubio ($43m/4 years - Miami), Trevor Booker ($1.6m/1 year - Cleveland), Kay Felder ($1.1m/1 year), Jake Layman ($1.1m/1 year)

Departures: Devin Harris (Retired), Chris Kaman (Retired), Wesley Matthews (San Antonio), Deron Williams (LA Lakers), Omri Casspi (Boston), Josh McRoberts (Free Agent)

Trades

• Sacramento receive: Jabari Parker, John Henson, Thon Maker, Bucks 2020 first round pick
  • Milwaukee receive: DeMarcus Cousins

• Sacramento receive: Allen Crabbe, Nets 2020 first round pick (Lottery protected)
  • Brooklyn receive: Kenneth Faried (S&T)

Thon Maker - Jabari Parker - Danilo Gallinari - Allen Crabbe - Ricky Rubio

Reserves
Georgios Papagiannis, John Henson, Darren Collison, Malachi Richardson, Wilson Chandler, Trevor Booker, Malik Beasley, Caleb Swanigan, Kay Felder, Jake Layman

Head Coach: Dave Joerger

San Antonio

Contract Options: Kawhi Leonard ($21.3m/Player), Dejounte Murray ($2.3m/Team), Kyle Kuzma ($1.1m/2yr Team)

Re-Signings: Justin Jackson ($1.5m/1 year/QO), Davis Bertans ($1.4m/1 year)

Arrivals: Tomas Satoransky ($14m/2 years - San Diego), Wesley Matthews ($5m/1 year - Sacramento)

Departures: Tony Parker (Retired), Rodney Stuckey (Indiana), Pau Gasol (Portland)

Draft Picks: Moses Brown (pick 15)

Trades

• San Antonio receive: Brandon Ingram, RJ Barrett, Lakers 2020 first round pick
  • LA Lakers receive: Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green

Brook Lopez - LaMarcus Aldridge - Brandon Ingram - RJ Barrett - Tomas Satoransky

Reserves
Kyle Kuzma, Kyle Anderson, Wesley Matthews, Dejounte Murray, Lonnie Walker, Moses Brown, Davis Bertans, Patty Mills, Justin Jackson, Dewayne Dedmon

Head Coach: Gregg Popovich

San Diego

Contract Options: Dennis Smith Jr ($3.9m/2yr Team), Trae Young ($1.1m/Team)

Re-Signings: Nikola Vucevic ($90m/4 years), Omer Yurtseven ($2m/1 year/QO), Devin Robinson ($1.6m/1 year/QO)

Arrivals: Malcolm Brogdon ($69m/4 years - Boston), Jason Smith ($1.7m/1 year - Boston), PJ Tucker ($1.6m/1 year - Toronto)

Departures: Tomas Satoransky (San Antonio), CJ Miles (Phoenix), Gerald Green (LA Lakers), Andrew Bogut (San Francisco)

Draft Picks: Kevin Thomas (pick 20)

Nikola Vucevic - Greg Monroe - TJ Warren - Malcolm Brogdon - Dennis Smith Jr

Reserves
Trae Young, Norman Powell, Jordan Hill, Omer Yurtseven, Devin Robinson, Montrezl Harrell, Tyus Battle, Jason Smith, Kevin Thomas, PJ Tucker

Head Coach: Kevin McHale

San Francisco

Contract Options: -

Re-Signings: Kevon Looney ($20m/4 years), Patrick McCaw ($16m/4 years)

Arrivals: Aron Baynes ($3m/1 year - Louisville), Andrew Bogut ($1.7m/1 year - San Diego), Wayne Ellington ($1.7m/1 year - Washington), Ish Smith ($1.6m/1 year - LA Lakers), Terrence Ross ($1.5m/1 year - Chicago), Jonas Jerebko ($1.5m/1 year)

Departures: Zaza Pachulia (Retired), Klay Thompson (Chicago), Dante Cunningham (Denver), Mario Chalmers (Atlanta), JaVale McGee (LA Lakers), Austin Rivers (LA Lakers), James Michael McAdoo (Free Agent)

Draft Picks: Derek Murphy (pick 31)

Aron Baynes - Draymond Green - Kevin Durant - Patrick McCaw - Stephen Curry

Reserves
Kevon Looney, Terrence Ross, Wayne Ellington, Arron Afflalo, Jonas Jerebko, Andrew Bogut, VJ King, Derek Murphy, Ian Clark, Ish Smith

Head Coach: Steve Kerr

Seattle

Contract Options: Buddy Hield ($4.9m/Team)

Re-Signings: Ramon Sessions ($1.7m/1 year), Cheick Diallo ($1.5m/1 year/QO), Thomas Robinson ($1.4m/1 year)

Arrivals: Brandon Jennings ($1.7m/1 year - LA Lakers), Jeff Withey ($1.4m/1 year - LA Lakers), Josh Huestis ($1.2m/1 year - Phoenix)

Departures: Wesley Johnson (Charlotte), Shelvin Mack (Miami), Quincy Acy (Oklahoma City)

Enes Kanter - Anthony Davis - Tyreke Evans - Buddy Hield - Jrue Holiday

Reserves
Nikola Mirotic, Thomas Robinson, Solomon Hill, Jeff Withey, Cheick Diallo, E'Twaun Moore, Brandon Jennings, Ramon Sessions, Josh Huestis, Kostja Mushidi

Head Coach: Alvin Gentry

Utah

Contract Options: Domantas Sabonis ($3.5m/Team), Miles Bridges ($1.8m/2yr Team), Tyler Lydon ($1.1m/2yr Team)

Re-Signings: Trey Lyles ($4.6m/1 year/QO)

Arrivals: Joseph Young ($1.2m/1 year - Atlanta), Paul Zipser ($1.1m/1 year - Chicago)

Departures: LiAngelo Ball (Washington), Omer Asik (Minnesota)

Draft Picks: Donovan Mitchell (pick 5)

Trades

• Utah receive: Pick 5
  • Charlotte receive: Pick 11, Rodney Hood

Rudy Gobert - Domantas Sabonis - Gordon Hayward - Jordan Clarkson - Dante Exum

Reserves
Donovan Mitchell, Festus Ezeli, Joe Ingles, Trey Lyles, Miles Bridges, Joseph Young, Killian Tillie, Tyler Lydon, Shake Milton, Paul Zipser

Head Coach: Quin Snyder

My Stories
Phil89

Re: Enter the Dragan - 2019 off-season moves summary

Postby [Hyperize] on Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:36 pm

Really, really nice work. :applaud: Boston is looking tough... well, a lot of teams are. Your league is really well-balanced. (Y)

Brooklyn is the irl Sacramento of last season, housing head cases like Randolph and JR for no reason on a team that's going nowhere.
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:22 pm

Phil89 wrote:I totally understand that. As good as they are, they do make it pretty hard to like them. Hopefully Klay can become a more humble person in a different environment :wink:

Blue collar town, so here's hoping!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby wdt92 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:42 am

Wow! Incredible offseason. The teams really are balanced, and love the pickup of Jokic! Great work, man! :applaud:
wdt92

Postby Phil89 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:59 pm

cavs4872 wrote:Really, really nice work. :applaud: Boston is looking tough... well, a lot of teams are. Your league is really well-balanced. (Y)

Brooklyn is the irl Sacramento of last season, housing head cases like Randolph and JR for no reason on a team that's going nowhere.

That Nets team looks about as exciting as their colour scheme :cheeky:

wdt92 wrote:Wow! Incredible offseason. The teams really are balanced, and love the pickup of Jokic! Great work, man! :applaud:

I'm looking forward to seeing how Jokic fits on my team. Hopefully he and Booker can lead us on another deep playoff run.

I like the balance of the league too. Several teams out east will be fighting to fill the void left by LeBron. And the west will be crazy, as usual.

The all-star game could be interesting now. Even though the east lost LeBron, they did get Harden, Klay and Boogie.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Phil89 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:06 pm

10/10/19

Several teams unveil updated looks ahead of 2019-20 season

ImageImageImage

It seems like NBA teams are changing their branding quite frequently these days. It's no different this year, with several teams revealing new uniforms and logos this week ahead of the upcoming 2019-20 season.

Those unveiling new uniforms included the Los Angeles Lakers, Denver Nuggets, San Francisco Warriors, Phoenix Suns, Louisville Lions and San Diego Eagles. The Nuggets, Suns and Warriors also presented new logos.

Phoenix also announced that their home, the Talking Stick Resort Arena, will now be known as the Audi Arena after a change in naming rights sponsor. The deal is rumoured to be worth up to $100 million over 10 years for the Suns.

The change comes after the four-year naming rights deal with Scottsdale-based Talking Stick Resort expired last month. The Suns were keen to capitalise on their championship win by signing a larger sponsorship deal.

German automotive giant Volkswagen were announced as their jersey sponsor in a separate deal, said to be worth around $5 million per year for the next two seasons.

New Uniforms

Denver Nuggets

Image Image

Los Angeles Lakers

Image Image

Louisville Lions

Image Image

Phoenix Suns

Image Image

San Diego Eagles

Image Image

San Francisco Warriors

Image Image

New Court Designs

Phoenix Suns

My Stories
Phil89

Postby [Hyperize] on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:19 pm

Nets and Thunder battle for the most boring/uninspired logo/uniform scheme, and Brooklyn wins.
[Hyperize]

Re: Enter the Dragan - 2019 off-season - New uniforms unveiled

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:20 pm

Nice idea incorporating the re-branding, real and fictional. Great offseason coverage so far!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Enter the Dragan - 2019 off-season - New uniforms unveiled

Postby Phil89 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:54 pm

15/10/19

2019-20 Season Preview

Eastern Conference

Atlanta

2018-19 Season Record: 32-50 (13th in Eastern conference)

Playoff Result: -

Cody Zeller - Jared Sullinger - Kent Bazemore - Jeremy Lamb - Dennis Schroder

Reserves
Ivan Rabb, Isaac Bonga, Taurean Prince, Romeo Langford, Juan Hernangomez, Alex Len, Jordan Brown, Frank Mason III, Mario Chalmers, EC Matthews

Head Coach: Lloyd Pierce

Atlanta have been slowly sliding down the rankings each year since they managed that surprising sixty-win season in 2015, which landed them the first seed.

The trade to acquire Alex Len adds more frontcourt depth and gained them some future assets. It also cleared up a logjam on the wing, which now opens up playing time for promising rookie Romeo Langford.

Without any serious star power on their roster, it's hard to see them doing anything significant next season. A high lottery finish likely awaits them once again.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 16th in Eastern conference

Boston

2018-19 Season Record: 50-32 (3rd in Eastern conference)

Playoff Result: Lost in First round vs Washington

Al Horford - Thaddeus Young - Paul George - Iman Shumpert - Kyrie Irving

Reserves
Shaun Livingston, Tyler Zeller, Omri Casspi, Mike Scott, Marcelo Santos, Malik Pope, Garrett Temple, Langston Galloway, Marco Belinelli, James Dawson

Head Coach: Brad Stevens

Boston did really well last season mainly thanks to their big three of Kyrie Irving, Paul George and Al Horford, locking up the third seed by winning fifty-five games.

Unfortunately, they faltered in the playoffs and were eliminated in the first round by Washington. Malcolm Brogdon and Tony Allen are big losses for their depth, but they did add veterans Marco Belinelli and Omri Casspi.

With LeBron now out west, the Celtics should be fighting with the likes of Philadelphia, Chicago and Milwaukee to be the dominant eastern team. No doubt they will be aiming for nothing short of reaching the NBA Finals.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 2nd in Eastern conference

Brooklyn

2018-19 Season Record: 39-43 (8th in Eastern conference)

Playoff Result: Lost in First round vs Philadelphia

Mason Plumlee - Kenneth Faried - Rondae Hollis-Jefferson - Caris LaVert - Jeremy Lin

Reserves
Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph, JR Smith, Marreese Speights, Edmond Sumner, Spencer Hawes, Lavoy Allen, Isaiah Whitehead, James Ennis, Gary Trent Jr

Head Coach: Kenny Atkinson

Brooklyn haven't had a massive off-season, but they have addressed the biggest issues on their team. By trading Allen Crabbe for Kenneth Faried they killed two birds with one stone; strengthening their frontcourt and clearing up a logjam at shooting guard.

They surprised a lot of people last season by finishing in the eighth seed. But a lack of genuine star talent was evident as they were quickly eliminated in five games in the first round by Philadelphia.

Best case scenario for them next season is being in the mix for the eight seed again. They look like the dictionary definition of a mediocre treadmill team.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 12th in Eastern conference

Charlotte

2018-19 Season Record: 29-53 (16th in Eastern conference)

Dwight Howard - Marvin Williams - Nicolas Batum - Rodney Hood - Kemba Walker

Reserves
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Collin Sexton, Terrance Ferguson, Christian Wood, Monte Morris, Simi Shittu, Wesley Johnson, Gerald Henderson, Tiago Splitter, Solomon Sene

Head Coach: Stan Van Gundy

Charlotte made an interesting move on draft night that saw them address their two biggest needs. Adding Rodney Hood improves their backcourt, whilst drafting Simi Shittu gives them a long-term player at power forward.

They brought in Stan Van Gundy to replace Steve Clifford and decided to re-sign veteran Dwight Howard. The two worked together successfully in Orlando in the past and even reached the NBA Finals.

Dwight is turning thirty-four in a couple of months though and his best is well behind him. Kemba Walker making the all-star game might be the only excitement for Hornets fans next season.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 14th in Eastern conference

Chicago

2018-19 Season Record: 50-32 (2nd in Eastern conference)

Playoff Result: Lost in NBA Finals vs Phoenix

Mohamed Bamba - Bobby Portis - Klay Thompson - Zach LaVine - Kris Dunn

Reserves
Denzel Valentine, Lauri Markkanen, Cameron Payne, Thomas Bryant, Jarred Vanderbilt, Brian Bowen, Tarik Black, PJ Washington, Daniel Harper, Jodie Meeks

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Chicago came within one game of having a fairy tale ending to their incredible season. Their thrilling seven-game NBA Finals series was the refreshing change that the NBA needed after almost a decade of LeBron domination.

They came into the off-season with a lot of cap space to spend and used it to sign all-star Klay Thompson. The opportunity to lead a young promising young team that had come up just short in the finals really appealed to him.

Most people would bet against them repeating their playoff heroics again. But their young players gained invaluable experience and will be eager to return to the biggest stage as soon as possible.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 3rd in Eastern conference

Cleveland

2018-19 Season Record: 41-41 (7th in Eastern conference)

Playoff Result: Lost in First round vs Chicago

Marc Gasol - Marcus Morris - Tobias Harris - Alec Burks - Isaiah Thomas

Reserves
Terry Rozier, Kelly Olynyk, Jordan Mickey, Andrew Harrison, Tony Wroten, Jarnell Stokes, Jackson Pierce, Justin Holiday, Tacko Fall, Joe Johnson

Head Coach: Tyronn Lue

Well, it's happened again Cavs fans. LeBron James has left for "greener" pastures. His departure means that all five of the players who started game one of the 2017 NBA Finals for Cleveland are now no longer with the team.

The Cavs did have a bunch of cap space to spend to replace him, but struggled to attract any big names. Eventually they had to be pragmatic and signed Tobias Harris, Alex Burks and Marcus Morris. They also managed to re-sign veteran center Marc Gasol.

It's tough to see 34-year-old Gasol and Isaiah Thomas leading this team far in the playoffs, unless Harris, Burks or Rozier dramatically increase their scoring output next season.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 9th in Eastern conference

Detroit

2018-19 Season Record: 33-49 (12th in Eastern conference)

Andre Drummond - Larry Nance Jr - Stanley Johnson - Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - Reggie Jackson

Reserves
Jon Leuer, Harry Ellenson, Hamidou Diallo, Raul Neto, Luol Deng, Immanuel Quickley, Nigel Hayes, Marcus Thornton, Nick Richards, Georges Niang

Head Coach: Dwayne Casey

Detroit fans may be cautiously optimistic for the upcoming season after the team hired former Toronto head coach Dwayne Casey. They also drafted Kentucky point guard Immanuel Quickley with the ninth overall pick.

Last season was pretty forgettable for the franchise. This off-season ended up being quiet for them as well. Mostly because they were capped out after acquiring Larry Nance Jr and Luol Deng at the deadline and because they extended Stanley Johnson.

It will take time for coach Casey to implement his system with the team, so don't expect much from them. If everything goes right they may sneak into playoff contention.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 13th in Eastern conference

Indiana

2018-19 Season Record: 29-53 (15th in Eastern conference)

Myles Turner - Wendell Carter - Jaylen Brown - Victor Oladipo - Markelle Fultz

Reserves
Michael Porter Jr, Grayson Allen, Al Jefferson, Cole Aldrich, Marvin Bagley III, Jeff Teague, Jerami Grant, Andrew Jones, Glenn Robinson III, Rodney Stuckey

Head Coach: Nate McMillan

Indiana have spent the past few seasons acquiring an incredible array of talent. But their fans are growing restless and want the team to switch from rebuilding mode to winning mode as soon as possible.

This team is mostly made up of top 20 picks: Jefferson (#15, 2004), Stuckey (#15, 2007), Teague (#19, 2009), Aldrich (#10, 2010), Oladipo (#2, 2013), Turner (#11, 2015), Brown (#3, 2016), Fultz (#2, 2017), Allen (#13, 2017), Porter Jr (#3, 2018), Carter (#8, 2018) and Bagley III (#3, 2019).

All the talent is in place for them to be successful. And now that LeBron is gone, there is no reason why this team cannot place itself at the top end of the eastern conference for the best part of the next decade.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 11th in Eastern conference

Louisville

2018-19 Season Record: 35-47 (11th in Eastern conference)

Timofey Mozgov - Noah Vonleh - Kelly Oubre Jr - Luka Doncic - Lonzo Ball

Reserves
Rajon Rondo, Shabazz Muhammad, Dzanan Musa, Stephen Zimmerman, Damian Jones, Rodions Kurucs, Delon Wright, Pascal Siakam, Patrick Connaughton, Bonzie Colson II

Head Coach: Jason Kidd

Louisville traded out veterans Evan Turner and Monta Ellis in order to create the space to sign free agent Kelly Oubre Jr. He will slot into the line-up alongside exciting duo Luka Doncic and Lonzo Ball.

They didn't do as well as their fellow newcomers San Diego last season, despite being in the so-called 'weaker' conference. But Doncic has so far lived up to all the pre-draft hype. He will be an all-star sooner or later.

New head coach Jason Kidd and assistant Dirk Nowitzki will be plotting a way to turn this fledgling franchise into a playoff team. They may have to wait another year or two though.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 15th in Eastern conference

Miami

2018-19 Season Record: 38-44 (9th in Eastern conference)

Hassan Whiteside - Kevin Love - Justise Winslow - Josh Richardson - Frank Ntilikina

Reserves
Gorgui Dieng, Shelvin Mack, Tyler Johnson, Mike Muscala, Lance Thomas, Shareef O'Neal, Aaron Harrison, Shane Larkin, Billy Preston, Derrick Williams

Head Coach: Erik Spoelstra

Miami had an interesting off-season. They extended Justise Winslow on a long-term deal, lost Ricky Rubio to Sacramento through free agency and drafted the son of former championship player Shaquille O'Neal.

Last season was a failure though as they ended up missing the playoffs. They will be expecting Winslow to justify their big investment in him by taking the next step and leading them back up the rankings.

The Whiteside-Love partnership is a big strength for them in the paint and on the boards. Winslow and Ntilikina will need to contribute more if they want to make a splash in the playoffs though.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 10th in Eastern conference

Milwaukee

2018-19 Season Record: 43-39 (5th in Eastern conference)

Playoff Result: Lost in First round vs Orlando

DeMarcus Cousins - Jaren Jackson Jr - Giannis Antetokounmpo - Khris Middleton - Eric Bledsoe

Reserves
Marques Bolden, Matthew Dellavedova, Miles Plumlee, Ersan Ilyasova, Kostas Antetokounmpo, Allonzo Trier, Tony Snell, Nik Stauskas, Alan Williams, Aaron Holiday

Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer

It's been all change in Milwaukee this off-season. They fired Jason Kidd and replaced him with the experienced Mike Budenholzer. They also acquired all-star center DeMarcus Cousins from Sacramento.

There is bound to be an adjustment period as egos and play styles are given time to coexist. But a one-two punch of Cousins and Giannis is amongst the best in the league. Then add Bledsoe and Middleton and you have a contender.

The Bucks are throwing youngster Jaren Jackson Jr into the deep end this season, so it's a smart move that they signed experience forward Ersan Ilyasova to support him.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 4th in Eastern conference

New York

2018-19 Season Record: 32-50 (14th in Eastern conference)

Willy Hernangomez - Kristaps Porzingis - Rui Hachimura - James Harden - Derrick Rose

Reserves
Robert Williams, Doug McDermott, Kyle O'Quinn, Jaron Blossomgame, Troy Brown, Brice Johnson, Ben McLemore, Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, De'Anthony Melton, Malik Newman

Head Coach: David Fizdale

Are the Knicks relevant again after signing superstar James Harden? Maybe. They probably won't be challenging for the top seed, but a Harden-Porzingis combo act will be entertaining to watch.

One thing is for sure, they will definitely improve on their thirty-two wins from last season. New coach David Fizdale has indicated that sixth overall pick Rui Hachimura will probably be handed a starting role straight away.

Whatever success the Knicks manage to achieve in the playoffs will largely rely on Harden playing at an MVP level. But former MVP Derrick Rose staying healthy will also be key for them.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 5th in Eastern conference

Orlando

2018-19 Season Record: 44-38 (4th in Eastern conference)

Playoff Result: Lost in Conference semifinals vs Philadelphia

Bismack Biyombo - Aaron Gordon - Mario Hezonja - Evan Fournier - Elfrid Payton

Reserves
Boban Marjanovic, Isaiah Hartenstein, Brandon McCoy, Justin Jackson, Jonathan Simmons, DJ Augustin, DJ Wilson, Kyle Guy, Dakari Lamb

Head Coach: Steve Clifford

Orlando surprised a lot of people last season by finishing with the fourth seed. They were even more impressive when they beat the more fancied Bucks in the first round of the playoffs, before Philadelphia ended their dream run in the conference semifinals.

Their team is largely unchanged from last season, apart from the departure of bench scorer DeMarre Carroll to Houston. Evan Fournier narrowly missed out an all-star selection last year and will be hoping to have another good scoring season this time around.

New coach Steve Clifford has said that he is excited to work with Aaron Gordon and Mario Hezonja to try and unlock their offensive potential. If he is successful this team should make the playoffs again.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 7th in Eastern conference

Philadelphia

2018-19 Season Record: 55-27 (1st in Eastern conference)

Playoff Result: Lost in Conference finals vs Chicago

Joel Embiid - Dario Saric - Ben Simmons - JJ Redick - John Wall

Reserves
Dwight Powell, Tyler Ulis, Robert Covington, TJ McConnell, Justin Anderson, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot, Chimezie Metu, Roy Hibbert, Dustin Haislip, Courtney Lee

Head Coach: Brett Brown

Despite winning fifty-five games and reaching the conference finals, the Sixers will feel like last season was a wasted opportunity. They had a chance to reach their second NBA Finals in a row, but couldn't get past the underdog Bulls.

They deservedly go into this season as the favourites to top the eastern conference. They may have lost veteran Dwyane Wade to retirement, but John Wall, Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid are all in their primes.

It really is hard to see anyone out east beating a team with as much talent as the Sixers have. So coach Brett Brown should be aiming to make the NBA Finals next season or he may start coming under some pressure.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 1st in Eastern conference

Toronto

2018-19 Season Record: 37-45 (10th in Eastern conference)

Jonas Valanciunas - Serge Ibaka - Michael Beasley - DeMar DeRozan - Kyle Lowry

Reserves
Jakob Poeltl, Cory Joseph, Patrick Patterson, Devonte Graham, Dion Waiters, Cameron Reddish, Dillon Brooks, Nemanja Bjelica, Lucas Nogueira, Bruno Caboclo

Head Coach: David Blatt

Toronto had a rough time of it last season. They missed the playoffs by a fair margin and that ultimately cost head coach Dwayne Casey his job. They brought in former Cleveland coach David Blatt to replace him.

Their all-star duo of DeMar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry under-performed last season. They will need to lift next season to get this team back to where it should be. Rookie Cameron Reddish may be a long-term answer on the wing for them.

If everything goes to plan the Raptors will be playing post-season basketball next season. If Serge Ibaka magically rediscovers his 2013 form they could even be legitimate contenders.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 6th in Eastern conference

Washington

2018-19 Season Record: 42-40 (6th in Eastern conference)

Playoff Result: Lost in Conference semifinals vs Chicago

Jahlil Okafor - Bam Adebayo - Otto Porter - Bradley Beal - Brandon Knight

Reserves
Markieff Morris, Bojan Bogdanovic, Malik Monk, Chris McCullough, Trey Burke, Ian Mahinmi, Daniel Gafford, Ben Johnson, LiAngelo Ball, Marcus Lee

Head Coach: Scott Brooks

The Wizards, and Jahlil Okafor in particular, exceeded everyone's expectations last season by reaching the conference semifinals. Reality set in when they got swept by the Bulls though.

Bradley Beal has led this team ever since John Wall was traded to Philadelphia. Okafor emerged as a solid second option on offense last season, proving all of his doubters wrong in the process.

Kelly Oubre Jr shouldn't be a massive loss with Porter and Bogdanovic on the team still. Look for youngsters Bam Adebayo and Malik Monk to take a step forward next season.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 8th in Eastern conference

Western Conference

Dallas

2018-19 Season Record: 23-59 (16th in Western conference)

DeAndre Ayton - Julius Randle - Harrison Barnes - Avery Bradley - De'Aaron Fox

Reserves
Willie Cauley-Stein, George Hill, Will Barton, Nassir Little, Richaun Holmes, Jaylen Brunson, James Johnson, Seth Curry, Robin Lopez, Darrell Arthur

Head Coach: Rick Carlisle

Mavericks legend Dirk Nowitzki finally called time on his career after twenty-one years in Dallas. He leaves a massive hole, but newly arrived Julius Randle will be doing his best to fill it.

Youngsters Ayton, Fox and Little could develop into a strong core in a few years, but for now it's the likes of Harrison Barnes and Avery Bradley who need to lead this team on the court.

Dallas finished bottom of the conference last season after winning only twenty-three games. They have strengthened this off-season, but don't expect them to rise too far in the rankings.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 14th in Western conference

Denver

2018-19 Season Record: 31-51 (15th in Western conference)

Frank Kaminsky - Paul Millsap - Josh Jackson - Jamal Murray - Emmanuel Mudiay

Reserves
Gary Harris, Trevon Duval, Skal Labissiere, Bol Bol, Maurice Harkless, Mikal Bridges, Terrence Jones, Tony Bradley, Ty Lawson, Dante Cunningham

Head Coach: Mike Malone

It's always hard when you lose your best player. But luckily for Denver, they still have a bunch of talented young players on their team who can step up and lead them now that Nikola Jokic is gone.

They did their best to replace Jokic by signing Frank Kaminsky from Charlotte and drafting Bol Bol. Jokic's departure also seemingly made them panic into overpaying Emmanuel Mudiay, to prevent even more talent from leaving.

It's hard to see them challenging for a playoff spot without their best offensive player from last season. Maybe they can if Murray and Harris can both average over twenty points a night.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 11th in Western conference

Houston

2018-19 Season Record: 42-40 (9th in Western conference)

Clint Capela - Ryan Anderson - DeMarre Carroll - Eric Gordon - Patrick Beverley

Reserves
Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Allen, Melo Trimble, Sam Dekker, Chinanu Onuaku, Darius Garland, Lou Williams, Tyler Ennis, Trevor Ariza, KJ McDaniels

Head Coach: Mike D'Antoni

This off-season couldn't have gone much worse for Houston. They lost their superstar James Harden to the Knicks and were unable to sign anyone significant to replace him.

So they now become a team of role players without a star to be the focal point, like Atlanta in 2015. It's doubtful that even their most optimistic fans would be thinking that they could replicate what that Hawks team achieved though.

The Rockets missed the playoffs last season with Harden averaging thirty-one points per game. So without him they logically should finish near the bottom of the standings. It may be time for them to shift their focus onto rebuilding.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 15th in Western conference

LA Clippers

2018-19 Season Record: 55-27 (3rd in Western conference)

Playoff Result: Lost in First round vs Minnesota

DeAndre Jordan - Blake Griffin - Carmelo Anthony - Dwayne Bacon - Chris Paul

Reserves
Kosta Koufos, Maurice N'Dour, Diamond Stone, Briante Weber, Quincy Pondexter, Jaylen Hands, Anthony Morrow, Corey Brewer, Brandon Bass, Luc Mbah a Moute

Head Coach: Doc Rivers

Aside from shuffling around a few wing players, the Clippers had a fairly uneventful off-season. They kept their core of Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Carmelo Anthony and DeAndre Jordan together.

Last season that group led them to fifty-five wins and the third seed. But they choked badly in the first round and were dumped out by Minnesota.

Those key players are all one year older now and may find their championship window closing quickly with all the emerging young talent in the western conference ready to challenge them.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 4th in Western conference

LA Lakers

2018-19 Season Record: 31-51 (14th in Western conference)

Nerlens Noel - LeBron James - Kawhi Leonard - Lance Stephenson - D'Angelo Russell

Reserves
Jeff Green, Danny Green, Amir Johnson, Ivica Zubac, Austin Rivers, JaVale McGee, Gerald Green, John Petty, Deron Williams, Josh Smith

Head Coach: Luke Walton

It's hard to argue that the Lakers have had the best off-season out of anyone. They added the best player in the league in LeBron James and another top ten talent in Kawhi Leonard.

They also re-signed former number two overall pick D'Angelo Russell, who is finally living up to his potential and will be an important third option on offense for them. Newly arrived Nerlens Noel will be the defensive anchor for this new-look team.

It's hard to say how much improvement they will make in the span of one season. But any team led by LeBron James has to be considered a contender, even in a stacked western conference.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 3rd in Western conference

Memphis

2018-19 Season Record: 33-49 (13th in Western conference)

Tristan Thompson - Deyonta Davis - Chandler Parsons - Jordan Adams - Mike Conley

Reserves
Wade Baldwin, JaMychal Green, Bruno Fernando, Brandan Wright, Bruce Brown, Fernando Garcia, Jordan McRae, Malcolm Hill, Mitchell Robinson, Norris Cole

Head Coach: Frank Vogel

Memphis have entered a rebuilding phase now that stalwarts Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph are gone. It seems to have started well with the additions of Bruno Fernando and Fernando Garcia through the draft.

Eighteen year old Garcia was the youngest player taken in the draft, alongside Zion Williamson. He drew favourable comparisons to Gordon Hayward during his junior career in Spain.

Another season of struggle probably awaits them. Their goal should be to get as much game time into their youngsters as possible in order to fast-track their development.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 16th in Western conference

Minnesota

2018-19 Season Record: 49-33 (6th in Western conference)

Playoff Result: Lost in Conference semifinals vs Phoenix

Karl-Anthony Towns - Harry Giles - Andrew Wiggins - Jimmy Butler - Goran Dragic

Reserves
Evan Turner, Marcin Gortat, Taj Gibson, Tyus Jones, Monta Ellis, Troy Daniels, Brandon Rush, London Perrantes, Sacha Killeya-Jones, Omer Asik

Head Coach: Tom Thibodeau

Minnesota are fully committed to chasing a championship. They re-signed Karl-Anthony Towns to a mega deal and traded for veterans Evan Turner and Monta Ellis to add depth and experience to their bench.

After the disappointment of getting swept by Phoenix in the conference semifinals, they will surely by aiming to go a step or two further next season. Especially with all-star Jimmy Butler coming out of contract.

They should be a lock to reach the playoffs. But unless Harry Giles makes a massive leap in his development, it's hard to see them going all the way.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 7th in Western conference

Oklahoma City

2018-19 Season Record: 51-31 (4th in Western conference)

Playoff Result: Lost in Conference finals vs Phoenix

Steven Adams - Derrick Favors - Jae Crowder - Andre Roberson - Russell Westbrook

Reserves
Jayson Tatum, Alex Abrines, Alexis Ajinca, Jerian Grant, Quincy Acy, Keita Bates-Diop, Wenyen Gabriel, OJ Mayo, Marcus Jackson, Spencer Dinwiddie

Head Coach: Billy Donovan

The 2018 champions were unable to defend their crown last season, losing to eventually winners Phoenix in the conference finals. They will be disappointed by their poor performance in that series.

But they have moved on and locked up three-time defending league MVP Russell Westbrook to a massive five-year contract extension. He has proved a lot of his critics wrong over the past three years by leading his team to two conference finals appearances and a championship win.

Even with Westbrook dominating, the Thunder will probably need youngster Jayson Tatum to develop into a top level scorer in order to compete with the teams that have multiple stars.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 2nd in Western conference

Phoenix

2018-19 Season Record: 56-26 (2nd in Western conference)

Playoff Result: NBA Champions vs Chicago

Nikola Jokic - Dragan Bender - Kevin Knox - Devin Booker - Marcus Smart

Reserves
Michael Carter-Williams, Joffrey Lauvergne, Tim Hardaway Jr, CJ Miles, Marquese Chriss, Jonathan Jeanne, DeAndre Bembry, Jerryd Bayless, Jared Dudley, Marvin Sanders

Head Coach: Earl Watson

After their shock championship win, the Suns were aggressive in the free agent market. They traded out workhorse big man Alex Len to accommodate all-star Nikola Jokic's arrival from Denver.

Veteran Andre Iguodala retiring is a big loss, but young prospect Kevin Knox looks ready to step up and take on the challenge of filling his role within the team. Veteran Jared Dudley returns for about his eleventh stint in Phoenix.

It's hard to see the Suns being better than the Warriors, even with Jokic on board. But they will be eager to defend their title and could be right in the mix once the new players settle in.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 5th in Western conference

Portland

2018-19 Season Record: 50-32 (5th in Western conference)

Playoff Result: Lost in First round vs Oklahoma City

Jusuf Nurkic - Ed Davis - Al-Farouq Aminu - CJ McCollum - Damian Lillard

Reserves
Pau Gasol, Zion Williamson, Meyers Leonard, OG Anunoby, Josh Hart, Frank Jackson, Shabazz Napier, Jacob Evans, Rawle Alkins, Ian Haynes

Head Coach: Terry Stotts

Portland didn't really have a busy off-season. But they did make three key moves. They re-signed forward Al-Farouq Aminu, added veteran Pau Gasol and drafted college phenom Zion Williamson.

Key duo Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum are scoring machines and will again be key to any success they might have. Youngsters OG Anunoby and Josh Hart have shown improvement in Summer League.

You would have to think that Nurkic, Williamson or Gasol will need to become a legitimate third scoring option for the Blazers if they are to make a deep run into the playoffs.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 6th in Western conference

Sacramento

2018-19 Season Record: 38-44 (11th in Western conference)

Thon Maker - Jabari Parker - Danilo Gallinari - Allen Crabbe - Ricky Rubio

Reserves
Georgios Papagiannis, John Henson, Darren Collison, Malachi Richardson, Wilson Chandler, Trevor Booker, Malik Beasley, Caleb Swanigan, Kay Felder, Jake Layman

Head Coach: Dave Joerger

There was plenty of upheaval at the league's most disjointed franchise this off-season. All-star DeMarcus Cousins was traded to Milwaukee, whilst creative playmaker Ricky Rubio signed long-term in Sacramento.

The Kings have been moved back to the Pacific division for next season. It is easily the toughest in the league with the dominant Warriors, champion Suns, veteran Clippers, LeBron-led Lakers and rapidly-improving Eagles in it.

Best case scenario for the Kings is that all their new players settle in quickly and they end up fighting for a playoff seed. It would be a huge accomplishment though.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 13th in Western conference

San Antonio

2018-19 Season Record: 41-41 (10th in Western conference)

Brook Lopez - LaMarcus Aldridge - Brandon Ingram - RJ Barrett - Tomas Satoransky

Reserves
Kyle Kuzma, Kyle Anderson, Wesley Matthews, Dejounte Murray, Lonnie Walker, Moses Brown, Davis Bertans, Patty Mills, Justin Jackson, Dewayne Dedmon

Head Coach: Gregg Popovich

There have been major changes for the Spurs this off-season, with team legend Tony Parker retiring and expiring superstar Kawhi Leonard requesting and getting a trade home to Los Angeles.

They just missed the playoffs for the second season in a row, after a incredibly impressive streak of twenty straight years of post-season basketball. Legendary coach Gregg Popovich chose to remain in charge for at least one more season.

Veteran LaMarcus Aldridge is now the centerpiece of the team. If the likes of Ingram, Kuzma, Barrett and Murray can keep improving, then they may be able to push for a playoff spot.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 9th in Western conference

San Diego

2018-19 Season Record: 43-39 (8th in Western conference)

Playoff Result: Lost in First round vs San Francisco

Nikola Vucevic - Greg Monroe - TJ Warren - Malcolm Brogdon - Dennis Smith Jr

Reserves
Trae Young, Norman Powell, Jordan Hill, Omer Yurtseven, Devin Robinson, Montrezl Harrell, Tyus Battle, Jason Smith, Kevin Thomas, PJ Tucker

Head Coach: Kevin McHale

San Diego were the surprise package of last season. They managed to qualify for the playoffs in only their second ever season in the league, mainly thanks to rising star Dennis Smith Jr.

More improvement is expected after they added versatile wing Malcolm Brogdon from Boston and re-signed veteran center Nikola Vucevic, who they acquired at the trade deadline last season.

Smith Jr is the barometer for this team. When he is in the zone they can just about match it with any team. To make the playoffs again they will need a more even spread of contributors though.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 10th in Western conference

San Francisco

2018-19 Season Record: 61-21 (1st in Western conference)

Playoff Result: Lost in Conference semifinals vs Oklahoma City

Aron Baynes - Draymond Green - Kevin Durant - Patrick McCaw - Stephen Curry

Reserves
Kevon Looney, Terrence Ross, Wayne Ellington, Arron Afflalo, Jonas Jerebko, Andrew Bogut, VJ King, Derek Murphy, Ian Clark, Ish Smith

Head Coach: Steve Kerr

Are the Warriors looking shaky all of a sudden? How will they cope with only three star players? Losing Klay Thompson certainly brings them back to the chasing pack a little bit.

In reality, they still have two of the greatest scorers in league history on their team in Durant and Curry. And also a perennial Defensive Player of the Year candidate in Draymond Green anchoring things at the other end.

It may take time for Patrick McCaw to adjust to being a starter, but this team is too good and too professional to not figure things out and be a serious contender by the end of the season.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 1st in Western conference

Seattle

2018-19 Season Record: 44-38 (7th in Western conference)

Playoff Result: Lost in First round vs Phoenix

Enes Kanter - Anthony Davis - Tyreke Evans - Buddy Hield - Jrue Holiday

Reserves
Nikola Mirotic, Thomas Robinson, Solomon Hill, Jeff Withey, Cheick Diallo, E'Twaun Moore, Brandon Jennings, Ramon Sessions, Josh Huestis, Kostja Mushidi

Head Coach: Alvin Gentry

The Sonics reached the playoffs in their first season since moving to Seattle from New Orleans. Unfortunately for them they got swept in the first round by the Suns.

This upcoming season could be pivotal for the franchise as superstar Anthony Davis is entering the final guaranteed year of his contract. He could opt out of his player option for 2020-21.

Davis will probably need to have a Westbrook style MVP season in order to drag this team back to the playoffs. The competition out west is just so fierce right now.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 12th in Western conference

Utah

2018-19 Season Record: 35-47 (12th in Western conference)

Rudy Gobert - Domantas Sabonis - Gordon Hayward - Jordan Clarkson - Dante Exum

Reserves
Donovan Mitchell, Festus Ezeli, Joe Ingles, Trey Lyles, Miles Bridges, Joseph Young, Killian Tillie, Tyler Lydon, Shake Milton, Paul Zipser

Head Coach: Quin Snyder

Utah could be the wildcard contender from the west next season, especially with one of the best defenders in the league in Rudy Gobert anchoring their line-up.

All-star Gordon Hayward will be their main man once again, but newly drafted excitement machine Donovan Mitchell could become a really good wingman for him. Some people think that he may even take Jordan Clarkson's starting role before the season is done.

But for them to be a legitimate contender, they will need the likes of Exum, Sabonis, Clarkson and Ingles to support Hayward by contributing on offense.

2019-20 Season Prediction: 8th in Western conference

2019-20 Standings predictions

My Stories
Phil89

Postby Phil89 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:10 pm

cavs4872 wrote:Nets and Thunder battle for the most boring/uninspired logo/uniform scheme, and Brooklyn wins.

Yep. I like the blue the Thunder use for their jerseys at least. Brooklyn's use of black and white is pretty boring though.

Andrew wrote:Nice idea incorporating the re-branding, real and fictional. Great offseason coverage so far!

I like adding any real life touches to the game when I can. New uniforms, coaching changes, major trades etc.

Luckily there are talented people creating the updated uniforms online. But I will take credit for the bottom four designs.

That's pretty much all I have for the off-season coverage now. I might take a little break from the game. I usually get inspired to play it again once the new season starts.
My Stories
Phil89

Re: Enter the Dragan - 2019-20 Season Preview

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:10 pm

Understandable. Looks like you've set yourself up for an exciting season when you return, though! Here's hoping you can defend your crown.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Enter the Dragan - 2019-20 Season Preview

Postby [Hyperize] on Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:16 am

I love the Thunder's City jerseys.

Not a bad idea incorporating all the logo and jersey changes; teams seem to be doing that every other season irl, and it's a really good idea to balance some real-life moves with fantasy. (Y)
[Hyperize]

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood