Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: 2018 NBA Champions! + Retirees + Draft Lottery)

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: 2018 NBA Champions! + Retirees + Draft Lottery)

Postby Kenny on Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:04 pm

Game: NBA 2K17
Platform: PS4
Mode
: MyLEAGUE Expansion
Difficulty: Superstar
Played quarters: 9 minutes
Simmed quarters: 12 minutes
Minutes normalised, stats not

Team Designs by Der_Mieseste_

I've been thinking about doing this since the news broke about expansion teams in NBA 2K17. Hopefully it's something that can gain a little momentum. The main question is: how many former Nuggets will be on this team?
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17

Postby Kenny on Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:06 pm

Inaugural Lineup

Starters
Shaun Livingston - Arron Afflalo - Wilson Chandler - Amir Johnson - Andrew Bogut

Bench
Patrick Mills - Boban Marjanovic - Vince Carter - Jodie Meeks - Andrew Nicholson - Chris Andersen - Nick Collison - Nick Young

IR
Kevin Martin - David Stockton

All-Time Lineup

Code: Select all
Arron Afflalo (2016-present)
Chris Andersen (2016-2017)
Andrew Bogut (2016-present)
Vince Carter (2016-2017)
Wilson Chandler (2016-2018)
Nick Collison (2016-2017)
Bryce Cotton (2017-2018)
Jamal Crawford (2018-present)
Michael Fusek (2017-present)
Devin Harris (2018-present)
Amir Johnson (2016-2017)
Shaun Livingston (2016-present)
Boban Marjanovic (2016-present)
Kevin Martin (2016-2017)
Luc Mbah a Moute (2018-present)
Jodie Meeks (2016-2017)
Patrick Mills (2016-present)
Andrew Nicholson (2016-present)
Otto Porter (2017-present)
Brandon Rush (2017-present)
Tony Snell (2017-present)
David Stockton (2016-2017)
Jarnell Stokes (2017-present)
Dion Waiters (2017-present)
Nick Young (2016-2018)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:10 pm

League Expands; Seattle and Baltimore To Have NBA Teams

NBA fans in Seattle rejoice; the Supersonics will be back in the league for the 2016-2017 season. It will be the first team in Seattle since 2008.

Joining the Seattle Supersonics will be the Baltimore Barons, the first team in the city of Baltimore since the Bullets back in 1973.

Both teams will select 13 unprotected players through an expansion draft. Each NBA team is allowed to protect 8 players.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:31 pm

#TheReturn

I'm still leaning towards the Kansas City Knights for my attempt at an expanded league.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Valor on Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm

Andrew wrote:#TheReturn

Not the luckiest hashtag there :lol:

Good to have another familiar face coming back to this section, can't wait to see how you build this team (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Courteener23 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:31 am

Good luck! Seattle needs a basketball team! A winning team!
Courteener23

Postby Lamrock on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:46 am

I approve.
Lamrock

Postby [Q] on Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:44 am

Dang, I was hoping to see las Vegas as the second expansion team.

Are you going to use new logos and artwork for the new sonics? That's what I did in 2K16 when I moved the thunder back
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Martti. on Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:58 am

Looking for another 20-year story! (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby mp3 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:08 pm

Nice Kenny, goodluck with the expansion draft!
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Phil89 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:00 pm

Great to see you back.

I wonder if a former Denver guard who is currently a free agent will find his way to Seattle.. :)
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby dare on Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:55 am

Great to see you back Kenny :D
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Kenny on Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:01 pm

Valor wrote:
Andrew wrote:#TheReturn

Not the luckiest hashtag there :lol:

Good to have another familiar face coming back to this section, can't wait to see how you build this team (Y)

Good to see you active on the forum again as well. #ThisIsNotAMyLEAGUE #JarnellStokes

And Andrew, you should definitely try an expansion team (y)

Courteener23 wrote:Good luck! Seattle needs a basketball team! A winning team!

An expansion team on Superstar... it might take me a few seasons, but hopefully I can get there.

Lamrock wrote:I approve.

Awesome. Hope you like my team :)

[Q] wrote:Dang, I was hoping to see las Vegas as the second expansion team.

Are you going to use new logos and artwork for the new sonics? That's what I did in 2K16 when I moved the thunder back

There wasn't a lot of thought with the second expansion team, only that I wanted to keep them in the Eastern Conference. Realigning the league is kind of a pain in the ass.

I don't really trust my design skills, so I'm just using a template at the moment. If this thread gains some momentum, I might see if anyone wants to make me some new designs for season 2 or 3.

Martti. wrote:Looking for another 20-year story! (Y)

No promises at the moment, but hopefully I'll stick with this one for a few seasons :)

mp3 wrote:Nice Kenny, goodluck with the expansion draft!

Thanks Mike. Hope you guys like my squad!

Phil89 wrote:Great to see you back.

I wonder if a former Denver guard who is currently a free agent will find his way to Seattle.. :)

Andre Miller was definitely a priority, but I think he was scooped up by another team. Wouldn't count out a mid-season trade, though.

dare wrote:Great to see you back Kenny :D

Thanks man :)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:04 pm

Seattle Select Andrew Bogut With First Pick

For the second time in his career, Andrew Bogut was selected first overall in a draft, as he was the first selection for the Seattle Supersonics in the 2016 Expansion Draft.

After being traded to the Dallas Mavericks from the Golden State Warriors, Bogut was one of the highest profile players to be unprotected in the 2016 Expansion Draft.

Along with Bogut, Nick Collison has an interesting distinction in this draft, as it was the second time he was drafted by the Seattle Supersonics. Collison was picked 12th overall by the Supersonics in 2003.

Among the other notable players selected by the Seattle Supersonics were Wilson Chandler, Amir Johnson, Patty Mills, Arron Afflalo, Vince Carter and Shaun Livingston.

Expansion Draft Results

Seattle: Andrew Bogut
Baltimore: Joe Johnson
Baltimore: Norman Powell
Seattle: Wilson Chandler
Seattle: Patrick Mills

Baltimore: Marreese Speights
Baltimore: T.J. McConnell
Seattle: Amir Johnson
Seattle: Arron Afflalo

Baltimore: Michael Beasley
Baltimore: P.J. Tucker
Seattle: Shaun Livingston
Seattle: Vince Carter

Baltimore: Taj Gibson
Baltimore: Tiago Splitter
Seattle: Boban Marjanovic
Seattle: Jodie Meeks

Baltimore: Tyus Jones
Baltimore: Allen Crabbe
Seattle: Andrew Nicholson
Seattle: Nick Collison

Baltimore: Rashad Vaughn
Baltimore: Roy Hibbert
Seattle: Nick Young
Seattle: Chris Andersen

Baltimore: Glenn Robinson III

Martin, Stockton Sign With the Sonics

Kevin Martin and David Stockton will fill out the Sonics roster after signing one-year deals.

Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:38 am

Nice square Kenny, I like the mix of youth and veteran players and of course I think getting the Aussie Bogut seems fitting too.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:36 am

Definitely a solid lineup for an expansion franchise; a lot better than some real expansion teams have done in their respective drafts, though in all fairness a couple of those players probably would find themselves protected in real life. All the better for you, though!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:43 pm

Kenny wrote:

Andre Miller was definitely a priority, but I think he was scooped up by another team. Wouldn't count out a mid-season trade, though.

I was more thinking of a guy who enjoys being shirtless and hasn't re-signed with Cleveland yet. Maybe he isn't a free agent on the game though.

You did pretty well with the expansion draft. Bogut and Patty Mills should look good in the green and yellow jerseys :wink:
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Axel The Great on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:19 am

Another Kenny story! YASSS! :D

As Andrew said, you built a solid squad. Hoping the Birdman can give you some good games to give us the nostalgia from your TNL story. :)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Murat on Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:45 am

this team would make the playoffs today at eastern conference

greatest ever expansion team i've ever seen.

good luck with this one man, i'll try to follow this
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Kenny on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:02 pm

mp3 wrote:Nice square Kenny, I like the mix of youth and veteran players and of course I think getting the Aussie Bogut seems fitting too.

Admittedly I could have had as many as five Aussies in the squad (Baynes, Delly and Jingles were unprotected as well), but I figured I'd just take the two best ones in the league. I could have went really old by selecting Manu Ginobili as well, but I didn't feel right about that one. He ended up staying with the Spurs, luckily.

I was trying to get a good mix of youth and experience. Glad it shows :)

Andrew wrote:Definitely a solid lineup for an expansion franchise; a lot better than some real expansion teams have done in their respective drafts, though in all fairness a couple of those players probably would find themselves protected in real life. All the better for you, though!

I was really surprised by Bogut being unprotected. I would have thought the Mavs would have placed a high priority on him, being that he would be one of the better centres Dirk would have played with in his twilight years. Anyway, as you mentioned, their loss is my gain.

Phil89 wrote:
Kenny wrote:

I was more thinking of a guy who enjoys being shirtless and hasn't re-signed with Cleveland yet. Maybe he isn't a free agent on the game though.

You did pretty well with the expansion draft. Bogut and Patty Mills should look good in the green and yellow jerseys :wink:

Ah, I didn't even think about J.R. Smith, but he would have been an interesting signing. Who knows - if one of my shooting guards doesn't work out for me, he's always a possibility.

Axel. wrote:Another Kenny story! YASSS! :D

As Andrew said, you built a solid squad. Hoping the Birdman can give you some good games to give us the nostalgia from your TNL story. :)

The Birdman is certainly going to add some entertainment during the garbage time at the very least. If Bogut or Marjanovic get injured, he's also a pretty solid backup for those guys, so who knows - we might see some Birdman highlights yet :)

The Real Badger wrote:this team would make the playoffs today at eastern conference

greatest ever expansion team i've ever seen.

good luck with this one man, i'll try to follow this

They'd definitely have a good shot at it. Unfortunately, they're in the West and being controlled by me at the Superstar difficulty... for all we know, that'll make them destined for the lottery.

Talent-wise it's definitely up there as one of the best - if not the best - expansion team ever. The Barons made some interesting choices as well, particularly taking on Allen Crabbe's albatross of a contract. It's going to be fun to see how they do in comparison.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:04 pm

It was never going to be easy…

We knew it was going to be a tough initiation. The Clippers, the Warriors, the Spurs and the Thunder are four of the strongest teams in the league… and the Sonics had to deal with them in their first five games.

It was a rocky start, as the Sonics started their campaign 0-4, with losses to the Clippers, Magic, Warriors and Spurs. The initial problems were compounded by injuries to Amir Johnson (Left Foot Stress Fracture) and Patty Mills (Sprained Left Toe) during the first four games. This led to a lineup reshuffle, with Wilson Chandler moving to power forward, Vince Carter getting a start at the small forward position and David Stockton being bumped up into the rotation.

…but the wait was worth it

After 4 straight losses, the Seattle Supersonics picked up their first win since re-entering the league – and it might have been one of the most gratifying in the team’s history.

On the back of an inspired performance by Vince Carter, the Sonics picked up a 110-100 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder. The 39-year-old veteran turned back the clock and poured in 28 points off 9/18 shooting.

Vinsanity had great help from the Andrews in this game, as Nicholson (22 points) and Bogut (19 points, 16 rebounds) were both outstanding in the post. Wilson Chandler (18 points, 8 rebounds) and Boban Marjanovic (11 points, 12 rebounds) also registered double digits in points.

For the Thunder, Victor Oladipo was the top scorer with 24 points. Russell Westbrook added 20 points and 8 assists, while Enes Kanter (16), Steven Adams (11 points, 10 rebounds) and Anthony Morrow (10) had solid contributions.

A Few Firsts…

For those who were wondering, here are the players that registered the first stat in the raw statistical categories:

Rebound: Wilson Chandler
Assist: Shaun Livingston
Block: Andrew Bogut
Steal: Shaun Livingston
Turnover: Shaun Livingston
Foul: Andrew Bogut

Last 5 Games

@LAC: 159-128 L*
ORL: 100-93 L
@SAN: 117-91 L
@GSW: 128-105 L
@OKC: 110-100 W

Overall Record: 1-4

*That game is the reason why I don’t prorate stats.

Injury List

Amir Johnson – Left Foot Stress Fracture, 4-6 Weeks (Out)
Patty Mills – Sprained Left Toe, Day-to-day (Out)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (1-4)

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:13 pm

It's a tough start, but not uncommon for an expansion team, especially with such elite competition. Nice idea on keeping track of the franchise's firsts. Makes me wonder who holds some of those distinctions in real life.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:31 am

I did expansion Sonics as well and ended up with several of the same players.

Tough start, but with no stars on the team, it's not unexpected.
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:34 pm

Kenny wrote:Good to see you active on the forum again as well. #ThisIsNotAMyLEAGUE #JarnellStokes

Good to be back man, and speaking of Jarnell Stokes...picking him up anytime soon? :lol:

Love the picks of Bogut, Patty, Chandler and Livingston (and VC as mentor), not loving the pick of Nick Young though (Sit's gonna love it), and damn, there seems to still be big issues with prorated stats judging from that first game. :facepalm2:

Great win over OKC, only fitting that Seattle's first win since the team left was against those traitors :headbang:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Kenny on Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:29 pm

Andrew wrote:It's a tough start, but not uncommon for an expansion team, especially with such elite competition. Nice idea on keeping track of the franchise's firsts. Makes me wonder who holds some of those distinctions in real life.

Thought it would be interesting trivia at the very least. Might be something to check basketball reference for, I suppose.

Lamrock wrote:I did expansion Sonics as well and ended up with several of the same players.

Tough start, but with no stars on the team, it's not unexpected.

I'd be interested to here which players we have in common. I always knew Wilson Chandler was probably going to be my top pick if available, but yeah, I couldn't pass on Andrew Bogut.

Trying to determine the hierarchy of my offence at the moment, so yeah, it's kind of a feeling out process.

Valor wrote:
Kenny wrote:Good to see you active on the forum again as well. #ThisIsNotAMyLEAGUE #JarnellStokes

Good to be back man, and speaking of Jarnell Stokes...picking him up anytime soon? :lol:

Love the picks of Bogut, Patty, Chandler and Livingston (and VC as mentor), not loving the pick of Nick Young though (Sit's gonna love it), and damn, there seems to still be big issues with prorated stats judging from that first game. :facepalm2:

Great win over OKC, only fitting that Seattle's first win since the team left was against those traitors :headbang:

Jarnell Stokes is on the free agency list, but I would have to waive Nick Collison or someone at the end of my bench. We'll see how the roster goes halfway through the season before I get myself a the Diamond Stokes.

I think Nick Young could be valuable in limited minutes. He's the kind of player that can get hot (and cold) pretty quickly. So giving him 5 minute stints to try and kickstart the offence will probably be the role on this team.

That 1 win made the 4 losses worth it for me (y)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood