Sixers [14-2] - Ingram vs Simmons + November Summary

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Sixers [14-2] - Ingram vs Simmons + November Summary

Postby Phil89 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:38 pm

Here we go again :)

I've decided to go down the rebuild path once again with the Philadelphia 76ers. I really enjoyed building my Sixers team on 2k15 and I like the idea of building around Jahlil Okafor, Nerlens Noel and Joel Embiid. I'm kinda annoyed that they traded away Michael Carter-Williams and KJ McDaniels though.

The first season will be simmed. Starting from the second season I'll be following a "play one/sim one" formula.

Settings

Game: NBA 2K16
Console: PS4
Game Type: MyLeague
Qtr Length: 8 Min
Sim Length: 12 Min
Season Length: 82 games
Play-Offs: 7-7-7-7
Difficulty: Superstar
Sliders: Default
Rosters: Latest 2k16 rosters
Rookies: 2015 real
Last edited by Phil89 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 105 times in total.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Re: [0-0] Sixers - Part II

Postby Phil89 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:38 pm

Archives

Season Records

Year
Regular Season
Playoffs
Final Result
2015-16
42-40
1-4
Lost to Miami in First Round [1-4]
2016-17
59-23
16-6
Won in NBA Finals vs Oklahoma City [4-2]
2017-18
14-2
N/A
N/A

--------------------

Playoffs

2016-17 Season

Round
Opponent
Preview
Series Result
Games
Round Results
First Round
Atlanta
Preview
Philadelphia won series 4-1
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
First Round Results
Conference Semis
New York
Preview
Philadelphia won series 4-1
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Conference Semis Results
Conference Finals
Cleveland
Preview
Philadelphia won series 4-2
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Conference Finals Results
NBA Finals
Oklahoma City
Preview
Philadelphia won series 4-2
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
NBA Finals Results

Team Achievements

NBA Champions
2016-17

Eastern Conference Champions
2016-17

Player Achievements

NBA Finals MVP
Brandon Ingram - 2016-17

Sixth Man of the Year
Dario Saric - Winner (2015-16)

Rookie of the Year
Jahlil Okafor - Runner-Up (2015-16)

All-Star Selection
Eric Bledsoe - (2016-17)
Jahlil Okafor - (2016-17)

Rising Stars Game Selection
Jahlil Okafor - (2016-17)
Brandon Ingram - (2016-17)

Rookie of the Month
Jahlil Okafor - November 2015
Jahlil Okafor - January 2016
Dario Saric - February 2016
Jahlil Okafor - April 2016

All-Rookie First Team
Jahlil Okafor (2015-16)
Dario Saric (2015-16)
Brandon Ingram (2016-17)

All-Rookie Second Team
Joel Embiid (2015-16)

League Transactions

09/01/17 - Raptors send Lowry to Jazz
16/02/17 - Trade deadline wrap-up

_
Last edited by Phil89 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:14 pm, edited 111 times in total.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Phil89 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:39 pm

20/10/16

Hinkie: We're on the right track

Philadelphia 76ers general manager Sam Hinkie today expressed his belief that his team's recent playoff adventure was solid proof that their long-term strategy of rebuilding the franchise from the ground up is the correct one. After finishing with a surprisingly good 42-40 record in the 2015-16 regular season, the Sixers forced eventual beaten finalists Miami to five games in the first round. It was the first time since 2012 that they had advanced to the playoffs and only the second time in the past decade that they have finished a season with a winning record. And understandably Sixers fans are starting to get excited.

The relative success of making the playoffs is sweet vindication for Hinkie, who had garnered criticism for his scorched earth policy of rebuilding. The seeds he planted are finally starting to bear fruit and the fans can now see a light at the end of the tunnel. The Sixers finally seem to have broken free from the basement of the eastern conference that they were stuck in for several years and are now looking to compete with the big boys like Cleveland, Chicago and Miami. Obviously they haven't really achieved anything significant yet and there is a long way to go before they are challenging for championships, but the very fact that they are moving in the right direction is encouraging.

"I definitely think we'll be targeting some veteran guys this off-season" Hinkie said when asked what his next move was. Could this mean that he is open to trading one or more of his first round picks to bring in a player in the 24-27 age range who will give them a much more immediate boost than a 18 or 19 year old rookie? The Sixers currently hold their own pick, the Lakers' pick and the Heat's pick in the first round. Inside sources have told ESPN that the upcoming draft will be the final one the Sixers will be acquiring top-end talent in, with the focus in the next 3-5 years being "win now".

Another option for Hinkie to explore would be signing a big name free agent or two. He will have nearly $50 million in cap space to play with and has reportedly been given license to spend big by the owners. The appeal of playing with young stars like Jahlil Okafor, Nerlens Noel and Joel Embiid coupled with their recent playoff appearance could make the Sixers an attractive destination for free agents.

Could LeBron James opt out of his player option for next season after another failed playoff campaign with the Cavs and join the Sixers revolution? May Kobe Bryant return to his birthplace for a season or two before calling time on his illustrious career? These are both possibilities that a few years ago would have seemed laughable. Yet the sky is now the limit for this ambitious franchise.

Undoubtedly the cornerstone of their rebuild is twenty-year-old big man Jahlil Okafor. He came runner-up in Rookie of the Year voting and was named Rookie of the Month on three occasions last season. His post game is already very solid and his combination with defensive powerhouse Nerlens Noel provides great production at both ends of the court for the Sixers. One perhaps underrated piece of the puzzle in Philadelphia is Croatian forward Dario Saric. He finished as the sixth best rookie of last season and looks to be a real versatile player. He had a great month in February and was deservedly named Rookie of the Month. He also surprised a lot of people by winning the Sixth Man of the Year award.

If they can add a veteran point guard and a reliable wing scorer the Sixers may just be able to better their efforts from last season and make a real run at the eastern conference finals.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Phil89 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:02 pm

16/8/16

2015-16 Regular Season Review

2015-16 Standings

Eastern Conference

Western Conference

-----

2015-16 Monthly Awards

Players of the Month

Rookies of the Month

-----

2015-16 League Leaders

Rebounds

Assists

Steals

Blocks

Top Rookies

-----

2015-16 Season Awards

Most Valuable Player

Sixth Man of the Year

Defensive Player of the Year

Most Improved Player

Rookie of the Year

Coach of the Year

-----

2015-16 Team Honours

All-NBA First Team

All-NBA Second Team

All-NBA Third Team

-----

All-Defensive First Team

All-Defensive Second Team

-----

All-Rookie First Team

All-Rookie Second Team

_
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Lamrock on Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:13 am

Good luck with this man. Brett Brown would deserve coach of the year honors if he managed such a record, even with Saric and Oden 2.0 healthy.
Lamrock

Postby Kevin on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:53 pm

Can't believe you got in the playoffs. :lol:

Trust me when I say this to you. Trade Embiid. Had him in my Lakers story and he played great but injuries will always keep piling up on him and it's just not that easy to manage a team when you're always managing the lineup every night. Well, it's your choice. :wink:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Phil89 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:28 pm

Lamrock wrote:Good luck with this man. Brett Brown would deserve coach of the year honors if he managed such a record, even with Saric and Oden 2.0 healthy.

Kevin wrote:Can't believe you got in the playoffs. :lol:

Yeah I was shocked when I simmed the season and saw that we'd made the playoffs. I was actually annoyed because it ruined my draft pick :lol:

Trust me when I say this to you. Trade Embiid. Had him in my Lakers story and he played great but injuries will always keep piling up on him and it's just not that easy to manage a team when you're always managing the lineup every night. Well, it's your choice. :wink:

I think if I do end up trading one of the 3 big guys, it will be Embiid. I really like Okafor and Noel.

Maybe I'll have a look at some deals at the trade deadline if I'm not doing well.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Phil89 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:45 pm

3/6/16

2015-16 Sixers Playoff Review

3. Miami Heat [52-30] vs 6. Philadelphia 76ers [42-40]

After a long period of struggling alongside the cellar-dwellers of the eastern conference, the Philadelphia 76ers qualified for the playoffs for the first time in five years. It was a surprise to many people, not least of which the players and fans themselves. They faced the third-seeded Miami Heat and were heavy underdogs due to the quality players and playoff experience the Heat boasted. But the fearlessness of youth was on the Sixers' side and they weren't going to fear anybody.

Game One in Miami saw the unfancied Sixers start strong and lead by five points at half time. The vastly more experienced Heat unleashed an offensive barrage in the third quarter though to take control and held on to win 106-97. Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade led the way for Miami as expected, both scoring over thirty points. Rookie Jahlil Okafor battled manfully for the Sixers and finished with twenty-four points, twelve rebounds and four blocks.

The second game of the series was completely different than the opener, with Miami largely in control for the first three quarters. The Sixers mounted a brave fightback in the last quarter on the back of some sharpshooting from Tony Wroten, but they just missed out on evening the series. Miami won 99-97. Chris Bosh once again starred with twenty-eight points. Nerlens Noel had an impressive six blocks in the losing effort.

The third game of the series was the high point of the playoffs for the Sixers. They started with a blistering opening quarter and maintained their lead until half time. They then went on another impressive scoring run in the third quarter to establish a healthy lead, which they held onto despite a late surge by the Heat. It was the first playoff game the Sixers had won since the 2012 conference semi finals against Boston, final score 129-118.

Their joy was short-lived though as Miami reestablished control of the series as they ground out a 102-91 win in game four. Philadelphia struggled all night to find their shooting rhythm and when they finally started making shots it become irrelevant because they couldn't stop Miami from scoring at the other end. Chris Bosh was the only player from either team to score twenty points or more.

The Heat took a 3-1 series lead back to Miami for game five and produced a professional display to clinch a spot in the conference semi finals with a 125-110 win. Veteran Dwyane Wade turned back the clock with a forty-two point effort and was once again supported strongly by Bosh. Okafor recorded his first ever thirty point game in the NBA, but was visibly downbeat after the final buzzer confirmed his team's elimination.

The young Sixers team may have lost the series, but they gained many new admirers and more importantly they gained valuable experience for the future. "Nobody expected us to win even one game in this series, but it still hurts to lose" said star center Jahlil Okafor. "We've had a taste of the playoffs now and we definitely want more of it in the future, we'll use the pain of this loss to push ourselves to improve in the future". Okafor was the standout player for the Sixers in the series, averaging twenty-four points, ten rebounds and two blocks per game.

That future may not include former number three pick Joel Embiid after he made public comments about not liking his role as a bench player. The Cameroonian big man was solid against the Heat without doing anything spectacular. It's hard to see him displacing Okafor from the starting line-up, so maybe he will be moved on this off-season if the Sixers feel like they can find a deal that helps them fill the holes they have in their backcourt.

Series Box Scores

Game 1 _______________ Game 2 _______________ Game 3 _______________ Game 4 _______________ Game 5
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Phil89 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:00 pm

4/6/16

Thunder get revenge for 2012 by sweeping Heat

2016 NBA Finals

3. Oklahoma City Thunder [12-5] vs 3. Miami Heat [12-6]

The 2016 NBA Finals saw Oklahoma City and Miami face-off for the championship for the second time in five years. Oklahoma City once again held home-court advantage and went in a favourites. It was the first time since 1978 that both finalists were seeded third or lower in their conference. In 2012 the narrative focused on how young the Thunder were and questioned if they were ready to win the title. This time around all the attention was on a big name who was missing this time around for Miami, LeBron James. Many commentators believed that the Heat simply couldn't match the talented and balanced team that the Thunder had without their former superstar.

Game One in Oklahoma was a brilliant contest for the first three quarters. Miami kept pace with the Thunder despite Kevin Durant having a wonderful shooting night. Things changed in the fourth quarter though when Chris Bosh fouled out after two minutes. His absence allowed Westbrook and Ibaka to dominate in the paint and give Oklahoma City the crucial lead they needed to earn the victory. Durant was huge when it mattered most and finished up with 32 points, 7 rebounds and 9 assists. Westbrook and Ibaka both scored over 20, whilst Enes Kanter pulled in 16 rebounds. Dwyane Wade led the way for the Heat with 26 points.

The Thunder headed into game two knowing that Miami would respond to their game one loss. It took them a while to do so though as Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook led the Thunder to a double-digit lead by half-time. The third quarter was a massive grind with both teams not wanting to let the other score at all. Eventually the Heat got going in the fourth quarter, but sadly left their comeback too late. Oklahoma City held on to win 106-104 and take a vital 2-0 series lead to Miami. Durant again starred for the Thunder with 27 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assists and 2 blocks. Chris Bosh was much more effective in this game without his foul trouble and managed 32 points and 12 rebounds for the losing team.

The series headed to Miami for game three and the Heat were hoping a change of scenery would produce a better result for them. Things looked on track for them in the first half and they took a five point lead into half-time. Unfortunately for them though the Thunder came out after the break and completely took the game away from the Heat with their quick ball movement and fantastic shooting. There was a sense of inevitability in the arena when the final buzzer sounded and Oklahoma City had taken home a 107-96 win and a 3-0 series lead. Kevin Durant had 24 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals for the winners, whilst Dwyane Wade led the Heat with 26 points.

All the pressure was on Miami heading in to game four as they were facing a humiliating series sweep. It was all too much for them apparently as they put in a lacklustre display in front of their home fans and trailed from almost the first possession of the game. Whether they had accepted that defeat was inevitable or they were just , they couldn't match the level of intensity the Thunder brought to the game. By the end of three quarters the trophy was all-but in the Thunder's hands as they held a 17 point lead. The Heat played out the game and tried to add a small measure or respectability to the final margin, but it mattered little in the end. Kevin Durant once again led his team with 29 points, 8 rebounds and 13 assists. He broke down in tears after the final buzzer confirmed that he has achieved his childhood dream of being an NBA champion.

Durant completed the fabled regular season and finals MVP double after averaging 28 points, 7 rebounds and 9 assists in the four games against Miami. He became only the eleventh player in NBA history to achieve this impressive feat. He joins legends like Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Shaquille O'Neal and LeBron James on the list of players to manage it.

Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook revealed after the series that getting revenge for the 2012 loss was a huge motivating factor for them. A lot of cynics will say that it's not true revenge as LeBron James had since moved on from Miami, but both Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh were integral parts of that 2012 Heat team. It really doesn't matter to the Thunder players though as they got the prize they were after.

-----

Series Box Scores

Game 1 ____________________ Game 2 ____________________ Game 3 ____________________ Game 4

-----

2016 Finals MVP

My Stories
Phil89

Re: [0-0] Sixers - Playoffs Review

Postby Phil89 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:30 pm

15/6/16

Several Hall of Famers headline 2016 retirements

There has been a lot of change in the NBA so far this off-season with twenty-one players and three coaches announcing their retirements. The five retiring players whose names stand-out the most are Kobe Bryant, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Steve Nash and Vince Carter. Each one of them is almost certain to be inducted into the basketball Hall of Fame at some point in the future. Those five have a combined seven championships, three regular season and three Finals MVP awards and an amazing fifty-three All-Star appearances between them.

Kobe Bryant will be the most celebrated of the bunch and rightly so given his list of achievements. He has pretty much done it all during his career, but the most impressive statistic is his total of 33,690 points, which puts him third all-time in NBA history behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Karl Malone. Paul Pierce fell just short of the 27,000 point mark but still secured his place in the top ten scorers in NBA history. Steve Nash also finished third on the all-time record list, but for assists. He managed a staggering 10,345 all up and only trailed John Stockton and Jason Kidd in the end. All combined these five stalwarts of the last two decades managed over 125,000 points, 29,000 rebounds and 30,000 assists. Now it's time for the next generation of superstars to emerge to take over their mantle.

The most notable coach to call time on his NBA career was former Seattle, Milwaukee and Denver head coach George Karl. He finished up his career with the Sacramento Kings, who narrowly missed out on the playoffs this season due to Portland's better head-to-head record. He is one of only nine NBA coaches to surpass the 1,000 win milestone in the history of the league, and was named NBA Coach of the Year in 2013 whilst coaching Denver. The closest he got to winning a championship was in 1996 when he led the SuperSonics to the NBA Finals against Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls, but they lost in six games.

2016 Retirements

Players

Coaching Staff

Hall of Fame Inductees

My Stories
Phil89

Re: [0-0] Sixers - Big Name Retirements

Postby Phil89 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:41 pm

20/6/16

2016 Draft Lottery

2016 Lottery Draw

2016 NBA Draft Order

Image[

01.) 0= Toronto (via Denver)
02.) ↑4 Denver (via New York)
03.) ↓1 Boston (via Brooklyn)
04.) ↓1 Indiana
05.) ↓1 Utah
06.) ↓1 Detroit
07.) 0= Milwaukee
08.) 0= Philadelphia (via LA Lakers)
09.) 0= Minnesota
10.) 0= Charlotte
11.) 0= Toronto
12.) 0= Boston (via Dallas)
13.) 0= Sacramento
14.) 0= Phoenix

The Raptors held off a strong push from the Nuggets to secure the first overall pick in the 2016 NBA draft. Ironically it was the pick they received in a trade from the Nuggets that landed them the top pick. The only other time the Raptors have had the first overall pick they selected Italian big man Andrea Bargnani and he failed to live up to the number one pick billing. Hopefully this time around they will make a better choice.

Denver were the only team to improve their place in the lottery, jumping up four spots to land the second overall pick. The Nuggets are expected to take Jaylen Brown, Skal Labissiere or Brandon Ingram with this pick with Australian prospect Ben Simmons widely considered to be a lock for the first overall pick. They'll be hoping that whoever they get will pair up well with Emmanuel Mudiay for the next decade and lead them back into the playoff race.

Philadelphia will be disappointed to only get the eighth overall pick, especially considering they gave up former Rookie of the Year Michael Carter-Williams in the deal that saw Phoenix send them that Lakers' first round pick. The top end of this draft class is stacked with big men and obviously the Sixers already have Okafor, Embiid and Noel, so they will be hoping that the wing players they are targeting will drop to their first pick.

The strategy of hoarding first round picks hasn't quite worked out as they had planned this year and they will take picks 8, 18 and 23 into the draft. Perhaps we will see them package them up into a deal to move higher up on draft night to ensure they land their primary target.
My Stories
Phil89

Re: [0-0] Sixers - Draft Lottery

Postby Phil89 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:49 pm

27/6/16

2016 NBA Draft

First Round - Top Ten Picks

1.) Image Toronto: Jaylen Brown - 20 - SF - California - 203cm - 102kg

With the first pick of the 2016 NBA draft, the Raptors take Jaylen Brown from the University of California. All the pre-draft talk had Australian forward Ben Simmons as the consensus number one pick, but Toronto went with the super-athletic wingman from Georgia. It's an interesting choice that will surely raise many eyebrows. Brown's reaction when Adam Silver read out his name was priceless. Clearly even he had expected Simmons to be the first overall pick.

NBA Comparison: Jimmy Butler

Fan Opinion: "Wow! First just let me say that I think Jaylen Brown is gonna be a star, but I really thought we'd be taking Ben Simmons. I've really got mixed emotions about this pick. It's a huge gamble and I just pray that this isn't another Bargnani type situation."

-----

2.) Image Denver: Malik Newman - 20 - SG - Mississippi State - 193cm - 83kg

Wow! Now one would have predicted this selection from the Nuggets. They have passed on both Ben Simmons and Skal Labissiere and taken Mississippi State guard Malik Newman with the second pick. There were reports that they had been really impressed with Newman's workout, but he wasn't tipped to go in the top three selections. He is an accomplished scorer and the Nuggets will be hoping that those skills will translate to the NBA and that he can form an effective partnership with Emmanuel Mudiay for the next decade or so.

NBA Comparison: Monta Ellis

Fan Opinion: "Are you serious?! Simmons slipped to our pick and we passed on him? It's decisions like these that keep us from winning a championship. Newman looks like he'll be a solid player but this is just totally wrong, sorry."

-----

3.) Image Boston: Ben Simmons - 19 - SF/PF - LSU - 208cm - 102kg

The Celtics must be pinching themselves that Ben Simmons fell down to pick number three. It's not often that you can call a player taken with the third pick the steal of the draft, but the Australian forward has been hyped as the next LeBron James and it's mystifying that he wasn't taken with either of the first two picks. The future is suddenly very bright again for Boston now as they have a potential superstar player, something they have missed since their "big three" era ended a few years ago.

NBA Comparison: LeBron James

Fan Opinion: "Thank you Toronto and Denver, haha! In the years since the 'big three' left it's been tough supporting this team but now with Simmons arriving we suddenly have hope for the future. I really hope he lives up to the hype."

-----

4.) Image Indiana: Cheick Diallo - 19 - PF - Kansas - 206cm - 99kg

With Skal Labissiere still on the board many people expected the Pacers to take him with this pick to fill the hole left by Roy Hibbert, but they instead went for high-energy Kansas forward Cheick Diallo. He has drawn comparisons to Kenneth Faried and had a dominant season with the Jayhawks. The main priority in Indiana right now is keeping star player Paul George happy and this selection seems like a bit of a risk.

NBA Comparison: Kenneth Faried

Fan Opinion: "To be honest I thought we'd take Skal Labissiere with this pick. But I really like Diallo though. His whole energy when on the court is so positive and aggressive. He's a born winner!"

-----

5.) Image Utah: Damian Jones - 22 - PF - Vanderbilt - 208cm - 109kg

Utah really confused everyone with this selection of Damian Jones. They already have Rudy Gobert, Derrick Favors and Trey Lyles on their roster and were in much more need of a scoring guard rather than another tall. Jamal Murray and Brandon Ingram were both still available and would have seemingly been much better fits. Perhaps they are they planning on making a trade at some point?

NBA Comparison: DeAndre Jordan

Fan Opinion: "I don't get this pick at all. We've already got Rudy and Derrick playing well together, so why do we need this guy? I would have liked us to have taken Ingram with this pick instead."

-----

6.) Image Detroit: Jamal Murray - 20 - PG - Kentucky - 193cm - 88kg

Skal Labissiere continues to drop as the Pistons surprisingly take Kentucky combo guard Jamal Murray with the sixth overall pick. You would expect him to spend the majority of his time playing at shooting guard with Detroit as they already have both Brandon Jennings and Reggie Jackson on their roster. The Pistons passed up the opportunity to pair star big man Andre Drummond with Labissiere. It's decisions like these that can be the difference between winning championships or not.

NBA Comparison: Chauncey Billups

Fan Opinion: "Terrible, just terrible. We passed on Skal to take a guy who will be behind Reggie Jackson and Brandon Jennings in the rotation? Oh man, we could've had a monster frontcourt!"

-----

7.) Image Milwaukee: Skal Labissiere - 20 - PF/C - Kentucky - 211cm - 94kg

Finally someone picks Skal Labissiere. After genuinely being touted as a top three prospect in this draft for a long time, he somehow fell to Milwaukee at pick seven. Suddenly the Bucks have a very balanced looking and talented roster, with Labissiere, Greg Monroe and John Henson in the frontcourt; Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo and Khris Middleton on the wings and Michel Carter-Williams running the show. If they keep this core together they could become a major force in the east for the foreseeable future.

NBA Comparison: LaMarcus Aldridge

Fan Opinion: "I'm speechless! I don't think any Bucks fans ever expected to land Skal with our pick. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but all the pieces for a long title run are falling into place for us. The next few years should be fun!"

-----

8.) Image Philadelphia: Brandon Ingram - 19 - SF - Duke - 206cm - 88kg

The Sixers may have just beaten the Celtics' claim to the biggest steal of the draft by taking Duke swingman Brandon Ingram with pick number eight. The lanky forward has been touted by some NBA scouts as the next Kevin Durant and, on paper at least, is exactly what the Sixers needed. Their frontcourt now looks set for the future with Jahlil Okafor, Nerlens Noel, Joel Embiid, Dario Saric and now Ingram. Expect them to use their two remaining first round picks to strengthen their backcourt.

NBA Comparison: Kevin Durant

Fan Opinion: "It sucks that we didn't get a shot at taking Ben Simmons, but landing Ingram with pick 8 is a great consolation prize! If Hinkie can work some magic in the free agency market I think we can go even further in the playoffs next season."

-----

9.) Image Minnesota: Antonio Blakeney - 20 - SG - LSU - 193cm - 82kg

Yet another lottery pick for the Timberwolves. This time they resist the urge to pick a point guard and instead opt to add another shooter to their team in Ben Simmons' LSU team mate Antonio Blakeney. Minnesota are slowly becoming a force out west with Andrew Wiggins emerging as a genuine star and Karl-Anthony Towns looking very good in his first NBA season. Don't be surprised to see them fighting for the eighth seed out west next season.

NBA Comparison: Nick Young

Fan Opinion: "I like this pick. Blakeney definitely could be a perfect replacement for Kevin Martin, who might retire in the next couple of years. It's important to give Wiggins and Towns as much scoring help as we can."

-----

10.) Image Charlotte: Dragan Bender - 20 - PF - Croatia - 213cm - 106kg

Michael Jordan sure loves picking up tall white guys with his lottery picks, doesn't he? First there was Cody Zeller (pick 4 - 2013), then Frank Karminsky (pick 9 - 2015) and now Croatian Dragan Bender with the tenth pick this year. To be fair to MJ though, Bender supposedly has a much higher ceiling than the two others mentioned. The legit seven-footer is still a very raw prospect, but was rated as having top three potential in this draft class. It's a classic high-risk, high-reward pick.

NBA Comparison: Kristaps Porzingis

Fan Opinion: "Awesome pick! This guy could be anything in the NBA. I think he'll do really well for us if he plays anything like Porzingis."

-----

Draft Trades

It was a surprisingly quiet night for transactions this year, with only one deal completed.

The trade saw Philadelphia acquire guards Eric Bledsoe and Devin Booker from Phoenix in exchange for Joel Embiid, Kendall Marshall and several draft picks.

It seems that the Suns wanted to cash in on Bledsoe after signing Brandon Knight to a five-year $70 million contract a year ago. The partnership between the two natural point guards last season proved too inconsistent and didn't allow either player to fully utilise their talents properly. This trade also lands them a long-term replacement for veteran center Tyson Chandler.

Former number-three-pick Embiid had tested the patience of Sixers' Management once too often it seems. The straw that broke the camel's back apparently came when he publicly questioned his playing time during their playoff series against Miami. They took the decision to trade him whilst he still had value and strengthened a weaker area of their roster in the process. Marshall returns to the team that drafted him with pick 13 in 2012.

This deal marks a shift in philosophy from Sam Hinkie and seems to signal the end of the Sixers' alleged tanking agenda. Quoted after the draft was finished, Hinkie said "We felt like the time was right to make a deal like this after picking up Brandon [Ingram] earlier. We weren't overly confident in the depth of this draft class, so we explored some options to add more experienced guys to our team. We heard Phoenix were shopping Eric around and we were very interested, so we sat down with them and worked out a deal that I think benefits both parties."

Philadelphia received: Eric Bledsoe, Devin Booker
Phoenix received: Joel Embiid, Kendall Marshall, pick 18, pick 23, pick 31

-----

Complete Draft

First Round

phpBB [video]

-----

Second Round

phpBB [video]

My Stories
Phil89

Re: Sixers - 2016 Draft: Who will the Raptors take with #1?

Postby tnell on Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:19 am

Big time trade. Was Bledsoe a target of yours all along?
tnell

Postby Phil89 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:26 pm

He was on my radar, for sure. I wanted to upgrade my point guard and I thought that guys like Westbrook or Lillard were unrealistic targets.

I had too many tall guys and I saw that Phoenix had both Knight and Bledsoe, so I figured we could work out a deal to help out both teams. I'm looking forward to seeing how Bledsoe will do on my team :)
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Phil89 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:44 pm

30/9/16

2016 Free Agency Summary

Atlanta
Re-Signed
Al Horford - 30 - C - $45m - 3 years

Free Agents Signed
Jeff Green - 30 - SF - $30m - 3 years

Draftees Signed
Ivan Rabb (Pick 21)

Released
Kent Bazemore (Golden State)
Dorell Wright (Washington)
Mike Scott (New York)

Projected line-up: Al Horford - Paul Millsap - Jeff Green - Kyle Korver - Jeff Teague

Boston
Re-Signed
Jared Sullinger - 24 - PF - $21m - 3 years

Free Agents Signed
James Johnson - 29 - SF - $12m - 2 years

Draftees Signed
Ben Simmons (Pick 3)
Isaiah Briscoe (Pick 12)
Tacko Fall (Pick 20)

Released
David Lee (Houston)
Evan Turner (Miami)
Amir Johnson (LA Lakers)
Jonas Jerebko (Miami)

Projected line-up: Tyler Zeller - Jared Sullinger - Ben Simmons - Avery Bradley - Isaiah Thomas

Brooklyn
Re-Signed
Shane Larkin - 24 - PG - $7m - 2 years

Free Agents Signed
Nicolas Batum - 27 - SF - $54m - 4 years
JR Smith - 31 - SG - $24m - 3 years
Jerryd Bayless - 28 - PG - $15m - 3 years
Aaron Brooks - 31 - PG - $10m - 2 years
Kevin Seraphin - 26 - C - $8m - 2 years
Brian Roberts - 30 - PG - $8m - 2 years
Carlos Boozer - 34 - PF - $4m - 1 year

Draftees Signed
-

Released
Joe Johnson (Chicago)
Jarrett Jack (Portland)
Andrea Bargnani (Dallas)
Donald Sloan (LA Lakers)
Wayne Ellington (Free Agent)
Thomas Robinson (Free Agent)
Sergey Karasev (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Brook Lopez - Thaddeus Young - Nicolas Batum - JR Smith - Aaron Brooks

Charlotte
Re-Signed
Al Jefferson - 31 - C - $42m - 3 years
PJ Hairston - 23 - SF - $6m - 2 years

Free Agents Signed
Gerald Green - 30 - SG - $30m - 3 years
Bismack Biyombo - 24 - C - $15m - 3 years
Isaiah Canaan - 25 - PG - $12m - 2 years
Gary Neal - 32 - SG - $4m - 1 year

Draftees Signed
Dragan Bender (Pick 10)

Released
Nicolas Batum (Brooklyn)
Jeremy Lin (New Orleans)
Cody Zeller (Houston)
Tyler Hansbrough (Washington)
Brian Roberts (Brooklyn)
Marvin Williams (Free Agent)
Troy Daniels (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Al Jefferson - Dragan Bender - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - Gerald Green - Kemba Walker

Chicago
Re-Signed
Joakim Noah - 31 - C - $36m - 3 years
Pau Gasol - 36 - PF - $10m - 1 year
Kirk Hinrich - 35 - PG - $3m - 1 year

Free Agents Signed
Joe Johnson - 35 - SF - $8m - 1 year
Shaun Livingston - 31 - PG - $8m - 2 years
Zaza Pachulia - 32 - C - $5m - 1 year

Draftees Signed
Alen Tavcar (Pick 27)

Released
Doug McDermott (Memphis)
Aaron Brooks (Brooklyn)
E'Twaun Moore (Free Agent)
Mike Dunleavy (Retired)

Projected line-up: Joakim Noah - Pau Gasol - Joe Johnson - Jimmy Butler - Derrick Rose

Cleveland
Re-Signed
LeBron James - 31 - SF - $95m - 3 years
Mo Williams - 33 - PG - $12m - 2 years
Matthew Dellavedova - 26 - PG - $10m - 2 years

Free Agents Signed
Otto Porter - 23 - SF - $21m - 3 years
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - 23 - SG - $18m - 3 years

Draftees Signed
Mack Stevenson (Pick 29)

Released
JR Smith (Brooklyn)
Timofey Mozgov (LA Lakers)
Richard Jefferson (Free Agent)
Jared Cunningham (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Tristan Thompson - Kevin Love - LeBron James - Iman Shumpert - Kyrie Irving

Dallas
Re-Signed
Chandler Parsons - 28 - SF - $16m - 1 year (Player Option)
Deron Williams - 32 - PG - $5m - 1 year (Player Option)

Free Agents Signed
Larry Sanders - 27 - C - $24m - 3 years
Jordan Hill - 28 - C - $22m - 4 years
Andrea Bargnani - 31 - PF - $15m - 3 years
Luis Scola - 36 - PF - $3m - 1 year

Draftees Signed
-

Released
Dirk Nowitzki (New York)
Zaza Pachulia (Chicago)
Amare Stoudemire (Toronto)
Dwight Powell (Utah)
Raymond Felton (Free Agent)
Charlie Villanueva (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Larry Sanders - Jordan Hill - Chandler Parsons - Wesley Matthews - Deron Williams

Denver
Re-Signed
Darrell Arthur - 28 - PF - $3m - 1 year (Player Option)

Free Agents Signed
Marreese Speights - 29 - PF - $24m - 3 years

Draftees Signed
Malik Newman (Pick 2)

Released
Randy Foye (Miami)
JJ Hickson (Miami)

Projected line-up: Jusuf Nurkic - Kenneth Faried - Wilson Chandler - Malik Newman - Emmanuel Mudiay

Detroit
Re-Signed
Andre Drummond - 23 - C - $70m - 4 years
Brandon Jennings - 27 - PG - $48m - 4 years

Free Agents Signed
Ben McLemore - 23 - SG - $24m - 3 years
Josh Smith - 30 - PF - $20m - 2 years
Gerald Henderson - 28 - SG - $13m - 3 years
Brandon Bass - 31 - PF - $4m - 1 year
Ryan Hollins - 32 - C - $3m - 1 year

Draftees Signed
Jamal Murray (Pick 6)

Released
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (Cleveland)
Steve Blake (Free Agent)
Anthony Tolliver (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Andre Drummond - Josh Smith - Stanley Johnson - Reggie Jackson - Brandon Jennings

Golden State
Re-Signed
Harrison Barnes - 24 - SF - $32m - 4 years
Festus Ezeli - 27 - C - $12m - 2 years
James McAdoo - 23 - PF - $8m - 2 years

Free Agents Signed
Austin Rivers - 24 - PG - $10m - 2 years
Langston Galloway - 24 - PG - $12m - 3 years
Kent Bazemore - 27 - SG - $6m - 2 years

Draftees Signed
Theodore Robertson (Pick 26)

Released
Shaun Livingston (Chicago)
Marreese Speights (Denver)
Leandro Barbosa (Oklahoma City)
Brandon Rush (Free Agent)
Ian Clark (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Andrew Bogut - Draymond Green - Andre Iguodala - Klay Thompson - Stephen Curry

Houston
Re-Signed
Dwight Howard - 30 - C - $23m - 1 year (Player Option)

Free Agents Signed
Evan Fournier - 23 - SG - $21m - 3 years
Cody Zeller - 24 - PF - $18m - 3 years
David Lee - 33 - PF - $4m - 1 year

Draftees Signed
-

Released
Terrence Jones (Sacramento)
Donatas Motiejunas (Sacramento)
Marcus Thornton (Miami)
Jason Terry (Retired)

Projected line-up: Dwight Howard - Cody Zeller - Trevor Ariza - James Harden - Ty Lawson

Indiana
Re-Signed
Solomon Hill - 25 - SF - $18m - 3 years

Free Agents Signed
Hassan Whiteside - 27 - C - $62m - 4 years

Draftees Signed
Cheick Diallo (Pick 4)

Released
Jordan Hill (Dallas)
Ian Mahinmi (LA Clippers)
Chase Budinger (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Hassan Whiteside - Cheick Diallo - Paul George - Monta Ellis - George Hill

LA Clippers
Re-Signed
Wesley Johnson - 29 - SF - $8m - 2 years

Free Agents Signed
Ian Mahinmi - 29 - C - $14m - 2 years
Courtney Lee - 31 - SG - $12m - 2 years
Jason Smith - 30 - C - $10m - 2 years
Matt Barnes - 36 - SF - $4m - 1 year
Beno Udrih - 34 - PG - $4m - 1 year

Draftees Signed
Caleb Swanigan (Pick 22)

Released
Josh Smith (Detroit)
Lance Stephenson (Milwaukee)
Jamal Crawford (New York)
Austin Rivers (Golden State)
Cole Aldrich (San Antonio)
Luc Mbah a Moute (Free Agent)
Paul Pierce (Retired)
Pablo Prigioni (Retired)

Projected line-up: DeAndre Jordan - Blake Griffin - Wesley Johnson - JJ Redick - Chris Paul

LA Lakers
Re-Signed
Roy Hibbert - 29 - C - $36m - 3 years

Free Agents Signed
Luol Deng - 31 - SF - $30m - 3 years
Timofey Mozgov - 30 - C - $27m - 3 years
Amir Johnson - 29 - PF - $18m - 3 years
Andre Roberson - 24 - SG - $14m - 2 years
Mario Chalmers - 30 - PG - $10m - 2 years
Donald Sloan - 28 - PG - $7m - 2 years

Draftees Signed
-

Released
Brandon Bass (Detroit)
Jordan Clarkson (Sacramento)
Metta World Peace (Free Agent)
Tarik Black (Free Agent)
Ryan Kelly (Free Agent)
Robert Sacre (Free Agent)
Kobe Bryant (Retired)

Projected line-up: Roy Hibbert - Julius Randle - Luol Deng - Louis Williams - D'Angelo Russell

Memphis
Re-Signed
Mike Conley - 29 - PG - $48m - 4 years

Free Agents Signed
Doug McDermott - 24 - SF - $24m - 3 years
Greivis Vazquez - 29 - PG - $12m - 2 years

Draftees Signed
Brendan Sherman (Pick 19)

Released
Jeff Green (Atlanta)
Ryan Hollins (Detroit)
Courtney Lee (LA Clippers)
Matt Barnes (LA Clippers)
Beno Udrih (LA Clippers)
Vince Carter (Retired)

Projected line-up: Marc Gasol - Zach Randolph - Doug McDermott - Tony Allen - Mike Conley

Miami
Re-Signed
Dwyane Wade - 34 - SG - $32m - 2 years

Free Agents Signed
Evan Turner - 27 - SF - $24m - 3 years
JJ Hickson - 28 - C - $18m - 3 years
DJ Augustin - 28 - PG - $15m - 3 years
Andray Blatche - 30 - C - $12m - 2 years
Marcus Thornton - 29 - SG - $10m - 2 years
Jonas Jerebko - 29 - PF - $9m - 2 years
Randy Foye - 33 - SG - $8m - 2 years

Draftees Signed
-

Released
Hassan Whiteside (Indiana)
Luol Deng (LA Lakers)
Gerald Green (Charlotte)
Mario Chalmers (LA Lakers)
Amare Stoudemire (Toronto)
Chris Andersen (Free Agent)
Udonis Haslem (Free Agent)
Tyler Johnson (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: JJ Hickson - Chris Bosh - Jutise Winslow - Dwyane Wade - Goran Dragic

Milwaukee
Re-Signed
Miles Plumlee - 28 - C - $24m - 3 years

Free Agents Signed
Lance Stephenson - 26 - SG - $42m - 4 years

Draftees Signed
Skal Labissiere (Pick 7)

Released
OJ Mayo (Phoenix)
Jerryd Bayless (Brooklyn)
Greivis Vazquez (Memphis)

Projected line-up: Greg Monroe - Giannis Antetokounmpo - Jabari Parker - Khris Middleton - Michael Carter-Williams

Minnesota
Re-Signed
Kevin Martin - 33 - SG - $7m - 1 year (Player Option)

Free Agents Signed
-

Draftees Signed
Antonio Blakeney (Pick 9)

Released
Tayshaun Prince (San Antonio)
Damjan Rudez (Free Agent)
Andre Miller (Retired)

Projected line-up: Nikola Pekovic - Karl-Anthony Towns - Andrew Wiggins - Kevin Martin - Ricky Rubio

New Orleans
Re-Signed
Norris Cole - 28 - PG - $18m - 3 years

Free Agents Signed
Ersan Ilyasova - 29 - PF - $21m - 3 years
Jeremy Lin - 28 - PG - $18m - 3 years

Draftees Signed
Jesse Baker (Pick 25)

Released
Eric Gordon (Philadelphia)
Ryan Anderson (Phoenix)
Kendrick Perkins (Washington)
Alonzo Gee (Free Agent)
Ish Smith (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Omer Asik - Anthony Davis - Quincy Pondexter - Tyreke Evans - Jrue Holiday

New York
Re-Signed
Arron Afflalo - 31 - SG - $8m - 1 year (player Option)
Derrick Williams - 25 - SF - $5m - 1 year (Player Option)

Free Agents Signed
Rajon Rondo - 30 - PG - $36m - 3 years
Trevor Booker - 28 - PF - $18m - 3 years
Dirk Nowitzki - 38 - PF - $11m - 1 year
Mike Scott - 28 - PF - $10m - 2 years
Jamal Crawford - 36 - SG - $6m - 1 year

Draftees Signed
-

Released
Kevin Seraphin (Brooklyn)
Langston Galloway (Golden State)
Kevin Seraphin (Brooklyn)
Cleanthony Early (Free Agent)
Louis Amundson (Free Agent)
Lance Thomas (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Robin Lopez - Dirk Nowitzki - Carmelo Anthony - Jamal Crawford - Rajon Rondo

Oklahoma City
Re-Signed
Dion Waiters - 24 - SG - $18m - 3 years

Free Agents Signed
Leandro Barbosa - 33 - SG - $3m - 1 year

Draftees Signed
Richie McKnight (Pick 30)

Released
Andre Roberson (LA Lakers)
DJ Augustin (Miami)
Steve Novak (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Enes Kanter - Serge Ibaka - Kevin Durant - Dion Waiters - Russell Westbrook

Orlando
Re-Signed
Andrew Nicholson - 26 - PF - $15m - 3 years
Dewayne Dedmon - 27 - C - $10m - 2 years

Free Agents Signed
-

Draftees Signed
Stephen Zimmerman (Pick 16)

Released
Evan Fournier (Houston)
Jason Smith (LA Clippers)

Projected line-up: Nikola Vucevic - Aaron Gordon - Tobias Harris - Victor Oladipo - Elfrid Payton

Philadelphia
Re-Signed
Dario Saric - 22 - PF - $32m - 4 years
Tony Wroten - 23 - PG - $20m - 4 years

Free Agents Signed
Eric Gordon - 27 - SG - $24m - 3 years
Samuel Dalembert - 35 - C - $2m - 1 year

Draftees Signed
Brandon Ingram (Pick 8)

Released
Isaiah Canaan (Charlotte)
JaKarr Sampson (Free Agent)
Hollis Thompson (Free Agent)
Furkan Aldemir (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Jahlil Okafor - Nerlens Noel - Brandon Ingram - Eric Gordon - Eric Bledsoe

Phoenix
Re-Signed
Cory Jefferson - 25 - PF - $12m - 3 years

Free Agents Signed
Ryan Anderson - 28 - PF - $38m - 4 years
OJ Mayo - 28 - SG - $34m - 4 years

Draftees Signed
Jalen Brunson (Pick 14)
Corey Sanders (Pick 18)
George Papagiannis (Pick 23)
Tomas Vaughn (Pick 31)

Released
Alex Len (Portland)
Jon Leuer (Washington)
Ronnie Price (Free Agent)
Mirza Teletovic (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Joel Embiid - Ryan Anderson - TJ Warren - OJ Mayo - Brandon Knight

Portland
Re-Signed
Meyers Leonard - 24 - C - $18m - 3 years
Maurice Harkless - 23 - SF - $15m - 3 years
Allen Crabbe - 24 - SF - $8m - 2 years
Chris Kaman - 34 - C - $4m - 1 year

Free Agents Signed
Alex Len - 23 - C - $48m - 4 years
Terrence Ross - 25 - SF - $42m - 4 years
Trey Burke - 23 - PG - $24m - 3 years
Jarrett Jack - 32 - PG - $9m - 2 years

Draftees Signed
Caris LaVert (pick 15)

Released
Gerald Henderson (Detroit)
Tim Frazier (Free Agent)
Mike Miller (Retired)

Projected line-up: Alex Len - Noah Vonleh - Terrence Ross - Caris LaVert - Damian Lillard

Sacramento
Re-Signed
Quincy Acy - 26 - PF - $1m - 1 year (Player Option)

Free Agents Signed
Terrence Jones - 24 - PF - $40m - 4 years
Donatas Motiejunas - 26 - PF - $18m - 3 years
Jordan Clarkson - 24 - PG - $15m - 3 years

Draftees Signed
Tim Quarterman (Pick 13)

Released
Rajon Rondo (New York)
Ben McLemore (Detroit)
Caron Butler (Free Agent)
James Anderson (Free Agent)
Seth Curry (Free Agent)
Eric Moreland (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: DeMarcus Cousins - Terrence Jones - Rudy Gay - Marco Belinelli - Darren Collison

San Antonio
Re-Signed
Tim Duncan - 40 - PF - $6m - 1 year (Player Option)
Manu Ginobili - 39 - SG - $4m - 1 year (Player Option)
David West - 36 - PF - $4m - 1 year (player Option)

Free Agents Signed
Cole Aldrich - 27 - C - $8m - 2 years
Tayshaun Prince - 36 - SF - $2m - 1 year

Draftees Signed
Shannon Foster (Pick 28)

Released
Ray McCallum (Free Agent)
Matt Bonner (Free Agent)
Rasual Butler (Free Agent)
Boban Marjanovic (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Tim Duncan - LaMarcus Aldridge - Kawhi Leonard - Danny Green - Tony Parker

Toronto
Re-Signed
DeMar DeRozan - 27 - SG - $10m - 1 year (Player Option)

Free Agents Signed
Nene - 34 - PF - $6m - 1 year
Amare Stoudemire - 33 - C - $6m - 1 year

Draftees Signed
Jaylen Brown (Pick 1)
Gary Payton II (Pick 11)

Released
Terrence Ross (Portland)
Bismack Biyombo (Charlotte)
Luis Scola (Dallas)
James Johnson (Boston)
Anthony Bennett (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Jonas Valanciunas - Patrick Patterson - Jaylen Brown - DeMar DeRozan - Kyle Lowry

Utah
Re-Signed
-

Free Agents Signed
Dwight Powell - 25 - C - $6m - 2 years

Draftees Signed
Damian Jones (Pick 5)

Released
Trey Burke (Portland)
Trevor Booker (New York)

Projected line-up: Rudy Gobert - Derrick Favors - Gordon Hayward - Alec Burks - Dante Exum

Washington
Re-Signed
Bradley Beal - 23 - SG - $58m - 4 years
Ramon Sessions - 30 - PG - $12m - 2 years
Jared Dudley - 31 - SF - $10m - 2 years

Free Agents Signed
Tyler Hansbrough - 30 - PF - $12m - 2 years
Dorell Wright - 30 - SF - $10m - 2 years
Jon Leuer - 27 - PF - $8m - 2 years
Kendrick Perkins - 31 - C - $4m - 1 year

Draftees Signed
Chase Jeter (Pick 17)

Released
Otto Porter (Cleveland)
Nene (Toronto)
Gary Neal (Charlotte)
Alan Anderson (Free Agent)
Garrett Temple (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Marcin Gortat - Chase Jeter - Kelly Oubre - Bradley Beal - John Wall
My Stories
Phil89

Re: Sixers - Knicks pull off big coup in free agency

Postby Phil89 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:25 pm

1/10/16

Sixers hopeful that off-season reinforcements can propel them to playoff success

It was an off-season of big change in Philadelphia this year as they finally looked to spend some money on their team after years of cost-cutting. Several key reinforcements such as Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Ingram and Eric Gordon arrived to bolster the Sixers' playoff hopes. Whilst Joel Embiid, who at one time was seen as their next franchise player, was unceremoniously traded to Phoenix.

Last season they laid a positive foundation to build on by winning forty-two games in the regular season and experiencing a playoff series against a seasoned contender in Miami. Now with a stronger team they should be aiming to take further steps forward towards being a regular playoff participant.

Re-Signing Key Players

The first step in their off-season roster build was to identify which expiring players would be useful to them moving forward and secure them to long-term deals. They exercised team options on Nerlens Noel, Robert Covington and Nik Stauskas, before releasing JaKarr Sampson, Hollis Thompson and Furkan Aldemir to become free agents. Point guard Isaiah Canaan was also told that he wouldn't be a required player next season and to start looking for a new team.

Then they extended a qualifying offer to Tony Wroten to make him a restricted free agent and began negotiating with him and Dario Saric on new contracts. Wroten attracted interest from the New Orleans Pelicans and was reportedly close to signing a 4 yr/$17m offer sheet from them before the Sixers came in with a 4 yr/$20m offer that trumped it. The Pelicans ultimately signed Jeremy Lin from Charlotte after they missed out on Wroten.

Saric attracted a lot more interest and the Sixers had to offer him a little bit more money than they may have liked to ward off four or five other suitors for his signature. He was happy to remain with the Sixers and was excited about their future, saying "This team is going places and I'm proud to be a part of it." Asked whether he would like to be a starter on the team he said "Right now it's not important if I start or not. I'm happy to just play my role and help us win. That's all that matters." The reigning Sixth Man of the Year winner proved to be a solid bench scorer last season and will be a key part of any success the Sixers may have in the future.

Drafting a Future Star

Philadelphia headed into the 2016 draft with a lottery pick for the fourth season in succession. Once again they had failed in they quest to land the first overall pick and therefore missed out on Australian phenom Ben Simmons. Instead they had the eighth pick and took Duke forward Brandon Ingram. The agile sixth-foot-nine prospect has drawn comparisons with Kevin Durant with his length, ball handling ability and shooting range and has the potential to be an all-star in the NBA. With Jahlil Okafor and Nerlens Noel operating in the paint Ingram should be able to step out to the perimeter to get open shots fairly often.

The Sixers also had picks 18, 23 and 31 in the draft but decided to include those in a trade with Phoenix that landed them guards Eric Bledsoe and Devin Booker. Much maligned big man Joel Embiid also headed to the Suns in the deal. Bledsoe is seen as a perfect fit for the Sixers due to his NBA experience and also because he fits their age profile perfectly. They will be hoping that he is the answer to their point guard problems after Jrue Holiday and Michael Carter-Williams were both traded away in recent seasons.

Signing Veteran Players

The final step in Sam Hinkie's off-season plan was to entice a veteran free agent or two in order to add another layer of depth to his team. After the arrival of Brandon Ingram and Eric Bledsoe the most pressing need for the Sixers was a quality shooting guard who could add more offensive firepower to their team. His first target was Washington sharpshooter Bradley Beal, but it was always an ambitious task as he couldn't match the offer the Wizards gave Beal and he also was very happy to remain in Washington alongside John Wall.

Next, Hinkie set his sights on former Portland swingman Nicolas Batum. The Frenchman had signalled his intentions to leave Charlotte and seemed like he could be a solid fit for the young Sixers team. Eventually though he signed a $54 million deal with the Brooklyn Nets and left the Sixers scrambling to find another target.

There was plenty of media speculation as to who they were trying to sign, with Terrence Ross, Evan Fournier and Lance Stephenson amongst those regularly mentioned. Even Philadelphia native Dion Waiters was named as a potential arrival before he signed a new deal to keep him in Oklahoma City.

Hinkie eventually agreed a deal with former LA Clippers guard Eric Gordon and signed the injury-plagued twenty-seven year old to a fairly reasonable three year, $24 million contract. Gordon spent the past five seasons in New Orleans after being traded to the Pelicans in the Chris Paul deal. His ability has never been questioned, but his body has repeatedly let him down. If he can stay healthy and recapture his best form then this contract will look like a bargain for the Sixers. Ironically, Gordon will reunite with Eric Bledsoe with his new team. The pair were supposed to be the future of the LA Clippers franchise a few years ago until both were traded away.

With Gordon secured Sam Hinkie set his sights on adding some further depth to his team. He reportedly tried to entice Harrison Barnes away from the Warriors with a big-money offer, but he remained loyal and took less money to stay with the 2015 champions. After this failure Hinkie decided all his team needed was a veteran big man to back up Jahlil Okafor. Former Sixers center Samuel Dalembert agreed to a one-year contract to round out the roster.

Off-Season Training and Player Development

Each player on the roster was given a specific aspect to work on over the off-season. Nerlens Noel spent his time developing his offensive post moves and helped out Jahlil Okafor with his defensive skills. Dario Saric and Tony Wroten both focussed on improving their perimeter shooting. The likes of Robert Covington, Jerami Grant and Nik Stauskas mainly worked on improving their athleticism and stamina.

New arrivals Eric Bledsoe, Eric Gordon and Brandon Ingram spent their first few weeks getting to know their new teammates and learning the teams plays. Whilst veteran Samuel Dalembert reacquainted himself with the city and the teams training facilities.

New Season Predictions & Expectations

After making the playoffs last season and adding some more talent and depth to their roster the goal for the Sixers next season will surely be to at least make the playoffs again and perhaps even advance past the first round. Their core is still young though, so it would be unrealistic to think that they will be anywhere near the conference finals for at least a couple more years. They will definitely be a danger team for any contenders who don't pay them enough respect.

Jahlil Okafor could be in contention with the likes of Andre Drummond, Al Horford, Brook Lopez, Al Jefferson and Nikola Vucevic for a spot on the eastern conference all-star team if he can replicate or even improve on his form from last season. He will continue to develop his relationship with Nerlens Noel and Dario Saric as the trio look to become a cohesive frontcourt unit for the Sixers.

Eric Gordon and Eric Bledsoe will look to use their previous playing experience together to hit the ground running in Philadelphia and set the example for their younger teammates to follow.

Brandon Ingram has one goal in mind - "I'm gunning for that Rookie of the Year title man", he proclaimed during his first official interview. "I wanna show all those teams who passed on me that they made a huge mistake. Of course the team always comes first, but I just feel like the best way I can help my guys out is by ballin' at the level I know I can." He is currently third in the betting odds for that award behind Boston's Ben Simmons and Toronto's Jaylen Brown.

Roster Depth

With the new arrivals there are only three certainties in the Sixers' starting line-up for opening night - Jahlil Okafor will hold down his starting center spot, whilst newcomers Eric Gordon and Eric Bledsoe will slot in at shooting guard and point guard, respectively.

The first big dilemma for Brett Brown and his coaching staff is whether to keep Nerlens Noel in the starting line-up next to Okafor with his excellent defensive presence, or to reward reigning Sixth Man of the Year Dario Saric with a starting role after his brilliant play least season. Changing things could affect their bench scoring and leave the starting unit exposed in the paint on the defensive end, so in all likelihood Noel will keep his starting spot.

Another question they will have to answer is whether or not to throw rookie Brandon Ingram straight into the deep end or to keep Robert Covington as a starter and let Ingram slowly establish himself off the bench to begin with. Early reports are that the latter situation will likely happen and that if Ingram impresses he will take over in the future.

Philadelphia's bench looks much stronger this season considering that Tony Wroten and Devin Booker would have been certain starters a year ago. Veteran Samuel Dalembert is a great pick-up and will be a reliable presence in the paint for them along with fellow old-timer Carl Landry. Youngsters Jerami Grant and Nik Stauskas may find it tough to break into the rotation and will have to impress during any opportunities they get or they may find their careers stagnating whilst they sit at the end of the bench.

My Stories
Phil89

Re: Sixers - Off-Season Summary & Roster Update

Postby Phil89 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:27 pm

Now I can actually start playing some games :P
My Stories
Phil89

Re: Sixers - Off-Season Summary & Roster Update

Postby Phil89 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:14 pm

26/10/16

Philadelphia 76ers [0-0] vs Brooklyn Nets [0-0]

Sixers come up short in thrilling season opener

PHI - 23 27 24 25 99
BKN - 28 17 25 34 104

Player of the Game: Aaron Brooks
(27pts, 4reb, 9ast, 3stl)
(7-17 FG, 4-5 3PT, 9-9 FT)

Top Scorers
Aaron Brooks - 27
Eric Gordon - 24
Brandon Ingram - 18
Tony Wroten - 14
JE Smith - 14
Brook Lopez - 13
Kevin Seraphin - 10
Jahlil Okafor - 10
Thaddeus Young - 9
Carlos Boozer - 8
Brian Roberts - 8
Dario Saric - 8
Devin Booker - 8

Rebounds
Brook Lopez - 12
Jahlil Okafor - 9
Eric Gordon - 8
Nerlens Noel - 8
Nicolas Batum - 5
Thaddeus Young - 5

Assists
Aaron Brooks - 9
Jerryd Bayless - 5
Eric Bledsoe - 5

Steals
Thaddeus Young - 4
Aaron Brooks - 3
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson - 3
Jahlil Okafor - 2
Brook Lopez - 2
JE Smith - 2
Kevin Seraphin - 2

Blocks
Samuel Dalembert - 5
Nerlens Noel - 4
Brook Lopez - 2
Jahlil Okafor - 2

Simmed Game

PHI - 33 20 24 27 104
BOS - 18 26 16 15 72

POTG: Jahlil Okafor (16pts, 12reb, 5ast)

Record: 1-1

Eric Gordon was brilliant on his debut. He had his own personal 8-0 run at the start of the second quarter and helped me lead at half time.

Brandon Ingram played well off the bench. He knocked down some clutch three pointers. Maybe I'll start him instead of Covington in the future.

Eric Bledsoe got into foul trouble early and had a poor night (2 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists and 7 turnovers)

Samuel Dalembert had a fun night. Despite being 100 years old he was blocking shots left and right :mrgreen:
My Stories
Phil89

Re: Sixers [1-1] - New Season Begins

Postby Phil89 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:31 pm

30/10/16

Philadelphia 76ers [1-1] vs Memphis Grizzlies [1-1]

Ingram stars as Sixers power home to beat Grizzlies

PHI - 25 19 19 29 92
MEM - 19 26 23 19 87

Player of the Game: Brandon Ingram
(25pts, 2reb, 2ast, 4stl, 3blk)
(8-15 FG, 2-4 3PT, 5-6 FT)

Top Scorers
Brandon Ingram - 25
Marc Gasol - 21
Zach Randolph - 19
Eric Gordon - 14
Jarnell Stokes - 14
Mike Conley - 13
Eric Bledsoe - 13
Tony Wroten - 12
Nerlens Noel - 10

Rebounds
Jarnell Stokes - 9
Marc Gasol - 9
Jahlil Okafor - 8
Nerlens Noel - 6
Dario Saric - 6
Eric Bledsoe - 6
Zach Randolph - 5

Assists
Eric Gordon - 6
Zach Randolph - 5

Steals
Brandon Ingram - 4
Tony Allen - 3
Zach Randolph - 2
Doug McDermott - 2
Jordan Adams - 2

Blocks
Nerlens Noel - 6
Marc Gasol - 4
Brandon Ingram - 3
Samuel Dalembert - 2
Dario Saric - 2

Simmed Game

IND - 25 27 34 23 109
PHI - 09 17 19 23 068

POTG: George Hill (18pts, 6reb, 8ast)

Record: 2-2

That simmed game really annoyed me. What the hell sim logic gives me only 9 points in a quarter? :lol: :evil:
My Stories
Phil89

Re: Sixers [2-2] - Ingram leads Sixers past Grizzlies

Postby Phil89 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:32 pm

4/11/16

Philadelphia 76ers [2-2] vs Miami Heat [3-1]

Team effort helps Sixers get revenge against Heat

PHI - 22 28 22 24 98
MIA - 28 30 13 24 93

Player of the Game: Jahlil Okafor
(12pts, 8reb, 2ast, 2stl, 4blk)
(6-6 FG, 0-0 3PT, 0-0 FT)

Top Scorers
Chris Bosh - 20
Goran Dragic - 17
Eric Gordon - 15
Tony Wroten - 14
Eric Bledsoe - 13
Jahlil Okafor - 12
Brandon Ingram - 12
Nerlens Noel - 12
Dwyane Wade - 12
JJ Hickson - 11
Evan Turner - 10
Devin Booker - 10
Dario Saric - 8

Rebounds
JJ Hickson - 11
Jahlil Okafor - 8
Dario Saric - 6
Tony Wroten - 6
Nerlens Noel - 5

Assists
Goran Dragic - 13
Tony Wroten - 6
Dario Saric - 6

Steals
Chris Bosh - 3
Justise Winslow - 2
Dwyane Wade - 2
Jahlil Okafor - 2
Robert Covington - 2

Blocks
Jahlil Okafor - 4
Chris Bosh - 2

Simmed Game

MIL - 12 21 22 30 19 104
PHI - 28 23 21 13 21 106

POTG: Jahlil Okafor (31pts, 8reb, 7ast)

Record: 4-2

Dragic scored a half court buzzer-beater at half time, but Saric nailed a long three pointer at the end of the third quarter to match it :cool:
My Stories
Phil89

Re: Sixers [4-2] - Seven players score in double figures as Sixers beat Heat

Postby Phil89 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:33 pm

9/11/16

Philadelphia 76ers [4-2] vs Indiana Pacers [6-2]

Sixers' bench comes up big as they cruise past Pacers

PHI - 28 33 28 18 107
IND - 28 17 23 21 89

Player of the Game: Eric Bledsoe
(16pts, 2reb, 9ast, 1stl)
(6-12 FG, 0-2 3PT, 4-4 FT)

Top Scorers
Monta Ellis - 23
Brandon Ingram - 17
Dario Saric - 17
Eric Bledsoe - 16
Hassan Whiteside - 16
Solomon Hill - 15
Tony Wroten - 13
Eric Gordon - 12
Jahlil Okafor - 11
Rodney Stuckey - 10
George Hill - 10
Cheick Diallo - 8

Rebounds
Hassan Whiteside - 10
Brandon Ingram - 8
Dario Saric - 6
Jahlil Okafor - 6
Cheick Diallo - 5
Nerlens Noel - 5

Assists
Eric Bledsoe - 9
Tony Wroten - 7
George Hill - 7
Eric Gordon - 6

Steals
Monta Ellis - 3
George Hill - 2
Hassan Whiteside - 2
Nerlens Noel - 2
Tony Wroten - 2

Blocks
Nerlens Noel - 4
Dario Saric - 2
Robert Covington - 2
Devin Booker - 2

Simmed Game

PHI - 21 16 23 17 77
ATL - 20 18 28 22 86

POTG: Al Horford (18pts, 14reb, 5ast, 3stl, 4blk)

Record: 5-3

Paul George was injured for the Pacers game and I took full advantage. Best game I've played in a while (Y)
My Stories
Phil89

Re: Sixers [5-3] - Bledsoe starting to find form

Postby Phil89 on Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:17 pm

13/11/16

Oklahoma City Thunder [6-3] vs Philadelphia 76ers [5-3]

Sixers no match for reigning champions

OKC - 28 19 33 26 107
PHI - 26 17 17 28 87

Player of the Game: Kevin Durant
(30pts, 7reb, 5ast, 3stl, 2blk)
(12-21 FG, 3-4 3PT, 3-3 FT)

Top Scorers
Kevin Durant - 30
Eric Gordon - 29
Russell Westbrook - 16
Eric Bledsoe - 14
Jahlil Okafor - 13
Mitch McGary - 13
Dion Waiters - 11
Enes Kanter - 10
Brandon Ingram - 10
Devin Booker - 8
Serge Ibaka - 8

Rebounds
Jahlil Okafor - 12
Enes Kanter - 10
Kevin Durant - 7
Dario Saric - 7

Assists
Eric Bledsoe - 10
Russell Westbrook - 10
Cameron Payne - 8
Dion Waiters - 5
Kevin Durant - 5

Steals
Eric Bledsoe - 4
Kevin Durant - 3
Russell Westbrook - 3
Dion Waiters - 3
Serge Ibaka - 3
Eric Gordon - 2

Blocks
Jahlil Okafor - 3
Nerlens Noel - 2
Serge Ibaka - 2
Kevin Durant - 2

Simmed Game

SAS - 30 30 32 25 117
PHI - 24 21 32 22 99

POTG: Kawhi Leonard (37pts, 8reb, 3ast, 1stl)

Record: 5-5
My Stories
Phil89

Re: Sixers [5-5] - Tough road trip out west

Postby Phil89 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:13 pm

16/11/16

Philadelphia 76ers [5-5] vs Houston Rockets [6-5]

Ingram dominates in Sixers' impressive win over Rockets

PHI - 20 27 32 30 109
HOU - 21 23 26 33 103

Player of the Game: Brandon Ingram
(35pts, 4reb, 2ast, 1stl, 1blk)
(16-23 FG, 2-4 3PT, 1-3 FT)

Top Scorers
Brandon Ingram - 35
Dwight Howard - 23
Corey Brewer - 20
James Harden - 18
Tony Wroten - 15
Eric Gordon - 14
Patrick Beverley - 13
Eric Bledsoe - 12
Nerlens Noel - 12
Dario Saric - 10
Trevor Ariza - 10
David Lee - 9

Rebounds
Dwight Howard - 11
Nerlens Noel - 6
Jahlil Okafor - 5

Assists
Eric Bledsoe - 15
Patrick Beverley - 11
James Harden - 7
Jahlil Okafor - 6
Tony Wroten - 5

Steals
Trevor Ariza - 4
Patrick Beverley - 2
David Lee - 2
KJ McDaniels - 2
Eric Bledsoe - 2
Robert Covington - 2
Dario Saric - 2

Blocks
Nerlens Noel - 4
Cody Zeller - 2
Samuel Dalembert - 2

Ingram sinks a contested three over Harden

Simmed Game

PHI - 15 23 25 26 89
NYK - 20 18 29 26 93

POTG: Carmelo Anthony (22pts, 3reb, 8ast, 2stl, 2blk)

Record: 6-6
My Stories
Phil89

Re: Sixers [6-6] - Ingram!

Postby Kevin on Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:11 pm

35 points for Ingram :applaud:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Sixers [6-6] - Ingram!

Postby Phil89 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:01 pm

Apparently he is the next Durant. It took a few games, but I can definitely see that comparison being true. They're very similar in height, length and even shooting style.

I'm very glad I fell to the 8th pick in the draft now. Ingram is going to be a star (Y)
My Stories
Phil89

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood