NBASv2HDR - Current Roster Thread

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

NBASv2HDR - Current Roster Thread

Postby JaoSming on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:21 pm

See latest posts for the latest files!

Included in this rar file is an updated players and teams database files, which go in the database folder.
There are also profiles for hex on steroids for these files to properly show up for editing.

I would greatly appreciate some new eyes on this. I will be focusing on tutorials next.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: NBASv2HDR - Current Roster Thread

Postby JaoSming on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:58 pm

I screwed up that previous file....didn't start the playerID count at 0, started at 1, hence the F'd up rosters

Use this, all good, lets progress!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby johnz1 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:58 pm

Looks like the files work now. I had no problem rebuilding the ISO with the two modified files.

The only question I have is regarding the players that are already in the game. Why isn't the Pierce on the Nets using the Pierce from the Celtics in the original game? Along with everyone else that's still playing (KG, VC, Kobe...).

Onto the possible corrections:
- Aaron Afflalo's name is misspelled
- Kyrie probably shouldn't be using Wally Szerbiak's model. The hair doesnt really match, and Kyrie has facial hair.
- Jeremy Lin as Eddie Jones: Lin doesnt have facial hair
- Harden as Stockton: hair doesnt match
- Blake Griffin as Vlade: Blake doesnt have facial hair
- Marc Gasol should have facial hair. Maybe use Vlade?
- Tony Allen should have a goatee
- Rubio should have facial hair
johnz1

Postby JaoSming on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:10 pm

there is no 3D facial hair in the game, other than the legends and street players which cannot be used because of uniform sizes and restrictions. So appearances and hair models are all that were based on. So when we do textures for everyone, it will be fixed.

Since 90% of the players weren't going to have accurate commentary from Bobitto, I wasnt even going to try to keep players matched up with their old selves.

Surprised you missed Christ Kaman and Amera Staudemire :P
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:45 pm

had a bunch of other spelling issues, Manu and a few others :facepalm2: I'll be sure to get it all set

in the mean time, here is an "accurate" roster, with height, weight, ratings, and unused numbers....forgot to transfer over positions but it looks like Mazzochi will bail me out. He also did the ratings too!

It plays, like, whoa. Love it.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby johnz1 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:28 pm

Wow, this is tremendous! I played half a game with the Cavs and it's not hard to imagine what it'll look like with Irving, Waiters, and Bynum on the backs of those jerseys. Especially Bynum. In this game, he really does look like a bigger, taller Ben Wallace.

Can't wait for skin and jersey's textures!
johnz1

Postby johnz1 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:20 pm

I understand that the ratings were taken directly from 2K, but Bosh's 3-point shot has got to be turned down. Every game I play against him, he's backed out to the 3 point line at least a couple times and banged 3's. I'll turn it down for my ISO, but maybe we can all come to an agreement about stuff like this
johnz1

Postby johnz1 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:13 pm

Played this game for a while tonight. It's awesome having 8 teams to pick from, after a few days of struggling to go .500 with the Celtics against the Heat. Here are some corrections that can be made to the rosters/lineups:

- What happened to James Harden? Unless I've got something screwed up with my files, he isn't in the game anymore. In his place is Gallinari, who is also (correctly) on the Nuggets. Harden shows up in the editor, but in the game it looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/RP7qMPI.jpg

- Andre Drummond is only 6'10" in the game, but he should probably be 7'. Wikipedia, ESPN and basketball-reference only list him at 6'10", but he's clearly taller than that. Monroe is 6'11", and he's taller than him: http://www.nbaramblings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Monroe+Drummond.jpg

- Brandon Jennings should probably be a starter for the Pistons. Jennings, Smith, and either Monroe or Drummond. A real Pistons fan would know better than I. But without Jennings, they don't really have a ball handler or 3 point threat.

- Derrick Rose looks way too skinny. I think he looks right if you set him to 220 lbs. I bet his playing weight is around 215-220: no way it's 190. We'll see what he looks like when he comes back this season
johnz1

Postby Mazzocchi on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:10 am

johnz1 wrote:- What happened to James Harden? Unless I've got something screwed up with my files, he isn't in the game anymore. In his place is Gallinari, who is also (correctly) on the Nuggets. Harden shows up in the editor, but in the game it looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/RP7qMPI.jpg

Crap, that might have been me when I was doing the rotations, it's possible I made a a typo and put Gallinari's player ID instead if Harden. It was bound to happen haha I'll look into it when I get home later
johnz1 wrote:- Andre Drummond is only 6'10" in the game, but he should probably be 7'. Wikipedia, ESPN and basketball-reference only list him at 6'10", but he's clearly taller than that. Monroe is 6'11", and he's taller than him: http://www.nbaramblings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Monroe+Drummond.jpg

The heights/weights are just imported from 2K, but sure why not it could use some adjusting
johnz1 wrote:- Brandon Jennings should probably be a starter for the Pistons. Jennings, Smith, and either Monroe or Drummond. A real Pistons fan would know better than I. But without Jennings, they don't really have a ball handler or 3 point threat.

I'm no Piston fan either haha. I'm not 100% familiar with every NBA team, so any suggestion on the starting lineups are greatly appreciated
johnz1 wrote:- Derrick Rose looks way too skinny. I think he looks right if you set him to 220 lbs. I bet his playing weight is around 215-220: no way it's 190. We'll see what he looks like when he comes back this season

We can adjust it for now and always change it again

Thanks for the feedback :D
Mazzocchi
Resident Mavericks Fan (Since 1994)

Postby johnz1 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:35 am

Mazz, any chance you've made this changes/fixes? If not, can you fix the ID for Harden (I dont want to screw it up) and change the lineup for the Pistons (or let me how the lineups can be altered)?

After you upload the changes, I can change Drummond's height and Rose's weight and throw it back up here.
johnz1

Postby Mazzocchi on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:19 am

johnz1 wrote:Mazz, any chance you've made this changes/fixes? If not, can you fix the ID for Harden (I dont want to screw it up) and change the lineup for the Pistons (or let me how the lineups can be altered)?

After you upload the changes, I can change Drummond's height and Rose's weight and throw it back up here.

Oh yeah I forgot about that! Here's the newest version of xdbplyr.adf and xdbteam.adf

NBASv2HDR 8.15.13.rar

Fixes:
- James Harden back on the Rockets
- Andre Drummond bumped up to 7'
- Derrick Rose bumped up to 220 lbs
- Iguodala's TeamID correctly changed from the Kings to the Warriors (not sure how I missed this initially)
Mazzocchi
Resident Mavericks Fan (Since 1994)

Postby johnz1 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:18 am

Excellent, thanks Mazz

How are the lineups set? I'd like to change the Pistons to Jennings, Smith and Monroe, but I don't know how to do it. Surely it isn't as easy as changing the order of the player id's in xdbteam.adf.
johnz1

Postby JaoSming on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:43 am

johnz1 wrote: Surely it is as easy as changing the order of the player id's in xdbteam.adf.

fixed
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby johnz1 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:16 am

Changed the Pistons starting lineup to Jennings, Smith, Monroe. Pretty nice squad
johnz1

Postby JaoSming on Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:09 pm

glad it worked (Y)
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Return to Other Basketball Games