NBA extends deals with EA & Take-Two (OS)

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

NBA extends deals with EA & Take-Two (OS)

Postby Andrew on Tue May 24, 2011 12:51 am

From the main page:

Operation Sports has published a press release announcing that the NBA has reached new multiyear agreements with EA and Take-Two to continue to develop, publish, and distribute NBA video games. 2K Sports will be releasing NBA 2K12 in October this year while EA Sports will be releasing NBA Jam: On Fire Edition, with their next sim NBA title coming next year.

This new agreement would suggest that EA Sports will not be giving up on making NBA games anytime soon despite electing to take a two year hiatus with the formerly titled NBA Live/Elite series. It also seems they will continue to make use of the NBA Jam brand. The press release also mentions that NBA 2K will continue to be released on a yearly basis and that 2K Sports will have the opportunity to develop other NBA licensed games, "including online on social media platforms".

Sounds good to me. EA Sports obviously has a long road back but I still believe that it's better to have at least two alternatives out there and I feel that having two strong brands would benefit everyone. I also like the idea of new NBA Jam releases, perhaps every other year, in addition to the two sim oriented titles and whatever else 2K Sports might end up doing.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA extends deals with EA & Take-Two (OS)

Postby Bboy500 on Tue May 24, 2011 9:03 am

Maybe they might make a F2P NBA online game?

Something like MLB Dugout Heroes comes to mind.
Bboy500

Postby Patr1ck on Tue May 24, 2011 10:22 am

I wonder why none of the other companies have tried to get licenses. Good news, though. Glad EA didn't get hosed after the Elite debacle.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby benji on Tue May 24, 2011 10:59 am

What other companies?
benji

Postby Andrew on Tue May 24, 2011 11:03 am

Bboy500 wrote:Maybe they might make a F2P NBA online game?

Something like MLB Dugout Heroes comes to mind.

Probably something along those lines.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Other Basketball Games