"Worst Transaction I made in a Dynasty/Associaton" Thread

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

"Worst Transaction I made in a Dynasty/Associaton" Thread

Postby Houndy on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:28 am

So, ever made a trade you want to regret? Post it here and see what others think.

Gotta say the worse for me had to be that 25 player 5 team deal. I don't even know what I was thinking...
Last edited by Houndy on Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Re: "The Worse Trade I made in a Dynasty/Associaton" Thread

Postby The X on Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:00 am

How does one get to the stage of having 5 teams & 25 players involved? How long did it take to put it together?

I can't recall the worst trade I've made off the top of my head, but I still regret taking a big reach & drafting Severin Harding with the 8th pick in my Live '06 Blazers' Dynasty.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: "The Worse Trade I made in a Dynasty/Associaton" Thread

Postby Houndy on Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:39 am

30 minutes. It was hell, but I got it done...
Houndy

Re: "Worse Transaction I made in a Dynasty/Associaton" Threa

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:00 pm

Signing Mike Dunleavy before my second season of my Bulls 06 Dynasty didn't pan out. I've managed to sculpt the roster more to my liking since then so it wasn't a complete disaster, but by itself it wasn't a good move.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby The X on Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:30 pm

Let me just say Severin Harding was a bust. Although best draft pick had to be Guy Dumars with number 1 pick of draft in Bobcats' Live '05 Dynasty. I passed on a sure thing in PF Priest Askins, because I was in dire need of a centre. In hindsight, I probably could've had Okafor as my centre, but wanted to keep him as a power forward. Glad I picked "That Guy" over Askins, who ended up being a bust & couldn't ever crack the Wizards' starting lineup. That's why I love pre-draft workouts. Ratings aren't everything.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:38 pm

Doing a David Kahn in 2K10 by having 5 first round draft picks. Picking 3 SFs (1 PG, 1 C) and only signing one of the SFs and letting the other two go because of cap space considerations. Should have managed/picked better beforehand. Those SFs were lottery picks btw. The one I picked happened be a bust (still 79 ovr) while the other two are now 85 ovr.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Mandich on Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:44 am

Doing a David Kahn in 2K10 by having 5 first round draft picks. Picking 3 SFs (1 PG, 1 C) and only signing one of the SFs and letting the other two go because of cap space considerations. Should have managed/picked better beforehand. Those SFs were lottery picks btw. The one I picked happened be a bust (still 79 ovr) while the other two are now 85 ovr.

DId the same thing with lottery picks , and wasn't able to sign all the rookies . .
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby rise on Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:43 pm

Wanted to see how I could revamp the Bobcats once. Took about 45 minutes, but I got a starting lineup of...

Dwight Howard, Dirk Nowitzki, LeBron James, Jason Richardson, and Steve Nash with a bench that included KD, Tyson Chandler, Gerald Wallace, and Rajon Rondo. No one lost to me. Then I ended up trading Dwight and Rondo for a few scrubs because it got boring. I traded them to the Suns, who then won three consecutive rings. :lol:
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby The X on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:05 pm

And how was this the worst transactions you've made in a dynasty/association?
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:46 pm

If there was a worse poster thread, z02 would be one of my nominees.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:59 am

The X wrote:And how was this the worst transactions you've made in a dynasty/association?

Yeah I'd have to agree those sound like a string of good deals, though I suppose if it made things boring they could be considered bad deals in the long run.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby rise on Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:56 am

Andrew wrote:
The X wrote:And how was this the worst transactions you've made in a dynasty/association?

Yeah I'd have to agree those sound like a string of good deals, though I suppose if it made things boring they could be considered bad deals in the long run.

The bad deal was trading Dwight and Rondo for scrubs.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby The X on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:35 pm

z02 wrote:
Andrew wrote:

The bad deal was trading Dwight and Rondo for scrubs.

I would argue that this doesn't count as that was a deliberate attempt to sabotage your team. I think the idea of this thread is more about transactions that you've made that you thought would help your team but they did not.

Just curious, what game & version as trade AI doesn't let you get that good that quick anymore I don't think.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:58 pm

I'm guessing NBA Live 2003. It was pretty easy to get a bunch of players rated at least 80 or better then sim a few seasons going 82-0 back in 2003.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Houndy on Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:32 pm

The X wrote:I think the idea of this thread is more about transactions that you've made that you thought would help your team but they did not.

That's right, not sure giving up Rondo and Howard would make you think you're helping your team.
Houndy

Postby Kenny on Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:01 pm

Trading Michael Redd for Antoine Walker in NBA Live 06 still stands out as my worst trade
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Re: "Worst Transaction I made in a Dynasty/Associaton" Threa

Postby kamenballer on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:12 pm

Game/Platform: 2K10(PS2)
My Team is Lakers, I forgot how I landen Allen Iverson in my team(2009-10), then the next season before the start of 2010-2011. I traded Allen Iverson for Steve Nash then I traded Nash & Bynum for LeBron James, for me it's a bad transaction(it made the NBA League boring), from getting A.I. to the Lakers, then after a year, bringing the Talent of LBJ to the city of Angels alongside with Kobe Bryant.
"Fast Don't Lie"
kamenballer

Postby Murat on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:13 am

Hmm. Lemme think.

Game: NBA 2K7
Platform: PS2
Trading Brevin Knight for a 1st round pick to Raptors, to empty the roster (I was Bobcats). Then I picked a guy called Gornev. He never had big minutes.

one more

Game: NBA 2K7 (again)
Platform: PS2
I never do anything to Shaq. I won 3 more rings with him, and he retire in 2009. Then my team couldn't go to playoffs. It was over. I could trade him, but my fault.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Cruzerr on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:44 pm

BUMPing this thread because I am curious.

Traded Shaq for Olajuwon(2k12 Historical Teams)..thought I would get a young C in and I would dominate, but it did not happen. Did not make the playoffs, while Magic got the title with Hakeem. He left me in the off-season and I started to rebuild after that.
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby Martti. on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:43 am

Live 06 Heat dynasty traded Josh Smith for past-prime Ben Wallace. Seems really bad now, but Smith really struggled with me. Though he won the DPOY in Cleveland the next year.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby rise on Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:55 pm

lol I made a stupid post in this thread last year. :facepalm:

anyway 2k11, playing wit my Blazers, decided to let Roy retire (dropped his rating to like 50 and traded him to a team with a shit ton of cap space) and decided to completely rebuild. This is 2014-15 now, LMA has regressed each year since 2012 (14.1ppg, 7.6rpg), so I traded him for Ibaka who's like an 88 and improving he averaged 18.8ppg, 11.1rpg, 2.2bpg in 36mpg for OKC so I just traded them straight up, then traded Felton (77), Batum (81), and Avery Bradley (72) to Atlanta for Deron Williams (88) and Marcus Camby (62). Turns out the most effective player I traded for is the 40-year-old Camby because D-Will tore his MCL in the third game, and Ibaka got hurt (don't remember the injury) for a while too. Meanwhile Felton is averaging 11 assists a game, Aldridge is suddenly a 20/10 all star again, and Avery Bradley is actually a solid backup point guard. Also Miami's Big 3 added a certain guy called Tyreke Evans, who is now rated better than Bosh and Wade. Scrapped my team after that.
rise
Contributor

Postby The X on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:01 pm

Out of curiousity, how did Deron Williams end up with the Hawks?
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby rise on Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:17 pm

The X wrote:Out of curiousity, how did Deron Williams end up with the Hawks?
Good question. I'll check on that, but I think he may have been traded there because J-Smoove was a Net for a while before moving on himself. There must have been another player added.
rise
Contributor

Postby deihatein on Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:17 pm

Trading Jeff Green(in my current Suns association) for a 3rd Pick in a weak draft. That guy is starting but cannot make an open shot and afraid to go to the rim. Also I let go of Chris Paul(Nash retires) who agrees on signing in on my team but I decided not to sign him. :facepalm2:
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Lamrock on Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:52 am

The X wrote:Let me just say Severin Harding was a bust. Although best draft pick had to be Guy Dumars with number 1 pick of draft in Bobcats' Live '05 Dynasty. I passed on a sure thing in PF Priest Askins, because I was in dire need of a centre. In hindsight, I probably could've had Okafor as my centre, but wanted to keep him as a power forward. Glad I picked "That Guy" over Askins, who ended up being a bust & couldn't ever crack the Wizards' starting lineup. That's why I love pre-draft workouts. Ratings aren't everything.

You lost the lottery and Askins was taken 1st. You took Dumars 4th after the PG you wanted got taken 3rd. :P

In past associations, I've had the bad habit of ripping teams off (see my Hawks dynasty lol). My worst trade would be Felton + Wallace for Tony Parker (and Matt Bonner). I did this in the second season of Garden Of Oden (not posted) that I abandoned halfway through due to stat glitches and the lockout ending. Went 11-5 early on with me in control, but when I simmed the season, the team ended up finishing 17-12. The Lakers ousted us in the first round, winning in 5. Worst yet, finals MVP Gerald Wallace led a very solid Spurs team to the title.
Lamrock

Next

Return to Other Basketball Games