classic all star teams problem....

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

classic all star teams problem....

Postby mattlkyuen on Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:45 pm

i play nba live in PS 2. one of the reasons that i like nba live is the classic all star team........i first played nba live 03 and there are 3 all star teams i like, consisting of the 60s, 80s and 90s all stars.........

among them, i like 60s the most which has chamberlain in the center, bill russell and elgin baylor as forwards and oscar robertson and jerry west as guards......what a great team..........

the 80s is also perfect with magic johnson and larry bird.........the 90s has the 2 pairs from jazz and bulls: john stockton and karl malone and michael jordan and scottie pippen........

however, starting from the nba live 04, jerry west has been totally disappearing.........and the most latest the nba live games, the least famous classic players it has..........now, there are no jordan, pippen, stockton in 90s all stars........

i don't know whether it is the problem of franchise, i just reckon that it is not ideal for me to play even the overall quality enhanced......i love those classic players, it's much more attractive to get them back........

some of you might challenge me, but i have tried to create MJ, jerry west in the game but they cannot be put back into the all star teams......actually i have no idea why the members of the all star teams cannot be changed. also, it's difficult to create a player as the system is very complicated............
mattlkyuen

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:22 pm

The reason certain Legends are no longer included is that EA Sports no longer owns their likeness rights and thus cannot legally include them in the game. The PC version can be unofficially modded to include those players since we are able to create art files and access hidden attributes in the database which also allow us to place those players on the Decade All-Star teams, however the console versions unfortunately cannot be edited in this way.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mattlkyuen on Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:46 pm

yeah i know there's the problem.........

but the game is much more worse than before as there was no Center Court in camera selection anymore..........Now, it is not good to play without a suitable camera view.
mattlkyuen

Return to Other Basketball Games