NBA JAM: On Fire Edition 2023

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Re: NBA JAM: On Fire Edition 2023

Postby thestryder365 on Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:22 am

Hey, big fan of your work! I spent so many hours playing the original game in 2011. I really appreciated all the work you put into this mod. Any news on a approximate time for when you share the info how to mod the game? Also any resources you have made already would be a big help, if you want to share those as well.
thestryder365

Postby johnz1 on Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:05 am

thestryder365 wrote:Hey, big fan of your work! I spent so many hours playing the original game in 2011. I really appreciated all the work you put into this mod. Any news on a approximate time for when you share the info how to mod the game? Also any resources you have made already would be a big help, if you want to share those as well.

I'm committed to releasing the modding guide before the end of the year. I'm actively working on it now
johnz1

Postby Juri_B_Sports_YT on Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:24 pm

Good Day sir, and Happy Early New Year to everyone.

I am having a similar issue with this mod on an actual PS3 and not an emulator.

My original PSN copy I downloaded from my purchase list.

I then put on my jailbroken PS3 and installed both your Legend version and your 2023 version.

Neither will bootup and I have to hard reset to get out of the black screen, I let the 2023 wait over 20 mins and never booted up, I let the legend version over an hour, same black screen...
Went back to my folder and booted the PSN-bought copy and boots up just fine.

What am I doing wrong to get this working properly?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Be Great and Never Hate! (Y) :D :)
Juri_B_Sports_YT

Postby 9512tacoma on Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:24 pm

Juri_B_Sports_YT wrote:Good Day sir, and Happy Early New Year to everyone.

I then put on my jailbroken PS3 and installed both your Legend version and your 2023 version.

Neither will bootup and I have to hard reset to get out of the black screen, I let the 2023 wait over 20 mins and never booted up, I let the legend version over an hour, same black screen...

Are you running hen?
9512tacoma

Postby Juri_B_Sports_YT on Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:12 am

9512tacoma wrote:

Are you running hen?

Of course! Very familiar with that, as all other games I've installed including mods, etc work flawlessly!

This just doesn't work period, neither one.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Be Great and Never Hate! (Y) :D :)
Juri_B_Sports_YT

Postby 9512tacoma on Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:46 pm

Juri_B_Sports_YT wrote:
9512tacoma wrote:

Are you running hen?

Of course! Very familiar with that, as all other games I've installed including mods, etc work flawlessly!

This just doesn't work period, neither one.

Me too I contacted developer and no solution for hen users.
9512tacoma

Postby johnz1 on Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:12 am

Sorry, I really don't know much about PS3 jailbreaking (I exclusively play on RPCS3) and I don't have a solution. I hope one day someone finds a fix.
There are a lot of seemingly-relevant results when I search the web for "ps3 hen black screen game won't load pkg". But I don't have time to go through them right now - nor the ability to test them.
johnz1

Postby LRatafia on Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:10 am

Hi there. I was using PS3 4.88 just yesterday with HEN and I've got the same black screen.
Today I followed this tutorial for 4.90 jailbreak by Blaine Locklair on youtube and by the end of the process I tried again the game and it worked flawlessly!
I've got no HEN anymore but it still runs your games.
Just search Blaine Locklair The ps3 4.90 jailbreak has arrived! get it here and follow the instructions.
The updated game is awesome!
thanks for sharing
LRatafia

Postby 9512tacoma on Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:28 pm

LRatafia wrote:Hi there. I was using PS3 4.88 just yesterday with HEN and I've got the same black screen.
Today I followed this tutorial for 4.90 jailbreak by Blaine Locklair on youtube and by the end of the process I tried again the game and it worked flawlessly!
Just search Blaine Locklair The ps3 4.90 jailbreak has arrived! get it here and follow the instructions.
thanks for sharing

So you are saying the game will run on 4.90 hen?
I used a different tutorial to update to 4.90hen and it would not play for me, just the same old black screen.
I ended up getting an older ps3 where I could use cfw to play the game.
9512tacoma

Postby LRatafia on Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:01 am

9512tacoma wrote:
LRatafia wrote:Hi there. I was using PS3 4.88 just yesterday with HEN and I've got the same black screen.
thanks for sharing

So you are saying the game will run on 4.90 hen?
I used a different tutorial to update to 4.90hen and it would not play for me, just the same old black screen.
I ended up getting an older ps3 where I could use cfw to play the game.

no, I don't use hen anymore, I just opted to go cfw this time (for no special reason other than the tutorial I used) and it works fine.
but I'm glad you make it work on another console.
LRatafia

Postby johnz1 on Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:28 am

Excellent! That's great news
johnz1

Postby WillyJakkz on Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:51 pm

Bro you gotta add Wemby! I'm sure its in the works and thank you so much for these mods you're the greatest!!!
WillyJakkz

Previous

Return to Other Basketball Games