Need help making a generic main menu

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

Need help making a generic main menu

Postby mike9472 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:25 am

I've been working on giving the main menu a clean streamlined (generic) look. Does anyone know what file contains the player's name that scrolls at the bottom left (circled area in pic) of the screen? If I can eliminate the name then that would give me the freedom to make highlight videos for whatever players I want.

mike9472

Re: Need help making a generic main menu

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:53 am

I'm guessing it's the locale.eng file.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mike9472 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:04 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Andrew, but I figured it out while playing around with a hex editor. I'm going to attempt to write a tutorial on how to do this, but here's a brief summary. I'll use Vince Carter as the example. Open the bckgrnds~carter.big file and export the carter.apt file. Open the carter.apt file with a hex editor (I use cygnus hex editor free edition). Scroll down the page until you see a line on the right side column that says EA DISPLAY and right under that line you'll get about 3 lines that say CARTERCARTERCARTER. I just entered 00 for each block that pertained to a letter in CARTER until they were all ........... (dotted out). Scroll down the page a bit further and you'll see about 3 lines that say VINCEVINCEVINCE, just repeat the process and save. Import the carter.apt file back into the bckgrnds~carter.big and place it into your SGSM folder and your done. I'll make a TUT with screen shots so it won't be as confusing as it sounds. Thanks again.
mike9472

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Good to know, thanks. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby BadLuckLuke on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:32 am

That's SO useful bro, thanks!!!
Will you also be releasing s/th??? (eg. some custom menu videos and backgrounds)
BadLuckLuke

Return to NBA Live 07