Classic Court preview: 1990 ALL STAR GAME COURT 10/10/09

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

Classic Court preview: 1990 ALL STAR GAME COURT 10/10/09

Postby Bird_33 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:26 am

Seems only Fabri is interested...if thats the case then this is for you buddy..

This isnt finished yet but giving a preview picture, Im hoping to get some time to try my hand at arena ebo work to eventually go along with the courts, picture quality again isnt great (anyone tell me why photobucket uploads the picture at a slightly lower size?) but for now here...

Last edited by Bird_33 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bird_33

Re: Classic Court preview: 80's Utah Jazz: Salt Palace

Postby fabri79 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:38 am

Cool, a new update already!! Thanks man, I really appreciate!! :applaud: Now, I've got a suggestion for 1988-89 season... In NBA Live 07 every division must have the same number of teams or the season won't start (in the original game, each division counts 5 teams for a total of 30). At that time NBA had 25 teams, so you're supposed to create 5 dummy teams... and IMO it's quite a nonsense. So I tried out a little experiment editing the teams.dbf file, creating a 24 teams league with 4 teams per division. The season works perfectly in the game (i.e. in the “short season” simulation I’ve got 23 games), playoffs included. Regarding the 1988-89 season, my idea consists in setting up the following pattern (trying to be as faithful as possible regarding today’s divisions):

ATLANTIC: Boston, Philadelphia, New Jersey, New York
CENTRAL: Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee
SOUTHEAST: Atlanta, Charlotte, Indiana, Washington
NORTHWEST: Denver, Portland, Seattle, Utah
PACIFIC: Golden State, L.A. Clippers, L.A. Lakers, Sacramento
SOUTHWEST: Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, San Antonio

So, rather than creating 5 dummy teams, I’d “cut” the Miami Heat (worst team in the league that season with just 15 wins… strangely playing in the Western Conference), maybe making them available in exhibition only… Well, just my idea... :) What do you think about it?

I’m really sure that once your work will be over a TON of people will download your patch… trust me! (Y)
fabri79

Postby Bird_33 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:55 am

fabri79 wrote:Cool, a new update already!! Thanks man, I really appreciate!! :applaud: Now, I've got a suggestion for 1988-89 season... In NBA Live 07 every division must have the same number of teams or the season won't start (in the original game, each division counts 5 teams for a total of 30). At that time NBA had 25 teams, so you're supposed to create 5 dummy teams... and IMO it's quite a nonsense. So I tried out a little experiment editing the teams.dbf file, creating a 24 teams league with 4 teams per division. The season works perfectly in the game (i.e. in the “short season” simulation I’ve got 23 games), playoffs included. Regarding the 1988-89 season, my idea consists in setting up the following pattern (trying to be as faithful as possible regarding today’s divisions):

ATLANTIC: Boston, Philadelphia, New Jersey, New York
CENTRAL: Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee
SOUTHEAST: Atlanta, Charlotte, Indiana, Washington
NORTHWEST: Denver, Portland, Seattle, Utah
PACIFIC: Golden State, L.A. Clippers, L.A. Lakers, Sacramento
SOUTHWEST: Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, San Antonio

So, rather than creating 5 dummy teams, I’d “cut” the Miami Heat (worst team in the league that season with just 15 wins… strangely playing in the Western Conference), maybe making them available in exhibition only… Well, just my idea... :) What do you think about it?

I’m really sure that once your work will be over a TON of people will download your patch… trust me! (Y)

Yeah thats a good idea which I'll probably go ahead with, originally I planned on having the other teams as there first year teams i.e Orlando Magic 89/90...same with Minnesota, but Im planning to have an 89/90 patch as well as 88/89 so there is an option for whoever wants whatever...so yeah your idea is a good one for that..

Ive ran into a problem though now as my db commandor 2000 has run its 30 days trial! so I need to figure what Im gonna do there!
Bird_33

Postby fabri79 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:05 am

Yeah thats a good idea which I'll probably go ahead with, originally I planned on having the other teams as there first year teams i.e Orlando Magic 89/90...same with Minnesota, but Im planning to have an 89/90 patch as well as 88/89 so there is an option for whoever wants whatever...so yeah your idea is a good one for that..

Happy to hear these news... :D You know, I've thought that solution to be the best because in that way there's no need to create dummy teams and no chance to have the same player in more than one team (i.e., if you play with 1996 Raptors or Grizzlies during 1990 season, there will be some players picked up through expansion draft in another's team roster). So thank you very much in supporting my idea! (Y) BTW, as you wrote, everybody's gonna get whatever he likes the most having also the 1990 season (I guess with 3 dummy teams)...

Ive ran into a problem though now as my db commandor 2000 has run its 30 days trial! so I need to figure what Im gonna do there!

Regarding this, I recommend you to try this program: http://www.download3000.com/download-db ... 40422.html … It’s not great but it’s freeware and it does what’s required (press “edit” to save changes)… :) BTW, I think the best editor around is DBF Viewer 2000… but unfortunately I don’t have any license for that… :(
fabri79

Postby BAYAG on Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

nice man....you might want to try to stroke the salt palace lettering with the same color as the wood. that removes the jagged edges. (Y)
BAYAG
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

Postby fabri79 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:52 pm

Hi Bird_33, have you managed to solve your problem regarding the editor? Any news? :)
fabri79

Postby Bird_33 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:34 am

BAYAG wrote:nice man....you might want to try to stroke the salt palace lettering with the same color as the wood. that removes the jagged edges. (Y)

I have already man I noticed you did it when I opened your artfiles up so I used an outerglow with 100% opacity..in game it looks great, the pic size is smaller than the screenshot so its giving off a jagged look which is a shame

fabri79 wrote:Hi Bird_33, have you managed to solve your problem regarding the editor? Any news? :)

Sorta...I just d/loaded the trial again on my girlfriends laptop so I just do the database stuff on there..the programme you mentioned I already tried & found it hard to work with (Thanks though), but its ok to do small editing bits...As for news...Im working on team by team creating players at the moment...I've just finished Chicago Bulls & made small changes to some of Bayags work...like making Dave Corzine older having shorter hair with abit of grey & a moustache....& plus added Brad Sellers...etc....just things like that, plus Im waiting to get my hands on some more dvd's from that season so I can make the courts..like with Salt palace i now have a good quality dvd so I can see i have missed a small circle on the centre n the wood needs to be lighter, etc...Overall it'll be a couple or so months as Im a perfectionist lol
Bird_33

Postby fabri79 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:43 am

Well, that's cool... (Y) You're right to be as accurate as possible, luckily enough you have found some references to make courts... Here in Italy it's pretty tough, they broadcast old games on NBATV from time to time but very late at night without any previous schedule... Only playoffs games (so no late 80's Sacramento, L.A. Clippers and so on) ... :( I've allowed myself to send you a short e-mail (just a suggestion, do what you like of it!)... Oh man, Corzine played here in my city during my childhood... at the end of that season the team was relegated in the second league!!! :evil: Bob McAdoo was just not enough... Keep us updated!!! :D
fabri79

Postby BadLuckLuke on Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:16 am

Bird_33 wrote:Seems only Fabri is interested...if thats the case then this is for you buddy..

That's not true, many people like me are still interested in NBA Live 07, so we all would like you to keep up the good work! (Y) Could you please post some more previews???
BadLuckLuke

Postby fabri79 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:20 am

@ Bird_33

I've found some time to create a complete list of left-handed players from 1988-89 season... You can use it as a "Post-It" note while editing players :)

DALLAS MAVERICKS: Sam Perkins
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS: Chris Mullin
HOUSTON ROCKETS: Walter Berry
PHILADELPHIA 76ers: Chris Welp
SACRAMENTO KINGS: Brad Lohaus, Wayman Tisdale
SAN ANTONIO SPURS: Johnny Dawkins
SEATTLE SUPERSONICS: Michael Cage, Avery Johnson
UTAH JAZZ: Mark Eaton

Obviously if you think it's useful I can make another list for the 1989-90 season, so you can save some time... I'm sure that once the patch will be completed (and then mirrored in the website's main page) lots of people will download it, posting their acknowledgements in this forum! (Y)

PS: I agree with BadLuckLuke, I'd really like to see some more previews... obviously whenever you can! :wink:
fabri79

Re: Classic Court preview: 1990 ALL STAR GAME COURT 10/10/09

Postby Bird_33 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:22 am

1990 MIAMI All star game court preview....more court previews coming soon including 89 All star game..

Bird_33

Postby Bird_33 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:24 am

fabri79 wrote:@ Bird_33

I've found some time to create a complete list of left-handed players from 1988-89 season... You can use it as a "Post-It" note while editing players :)

DALLAS MAVERICKS: Sam Perkins
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS: Chris Mullin
HOUSTON ROCKETS: Walter Berry
PHILADELPHIA 76ers: Chris Welp
SACRAMENTO KINGS: Brad Lohaus, Wayman Tisdale
SAN ANTONIO SPURS: Johnny Dawkins

Obviously if you think it's useful I can make another list for the 1989-90 season, so you can save some time... I'm sure that once the patch will be completed (and then mirrored in the website's main page) lots of people will download it, posting their acknowledgements in this forum! (Y)

PS: I agree with BadLuckLuke, I'd really like to see some more previews... obviously whenever you can! :wink:

Thanks I'll make sure all the leftys are correct :D
Bird_33

Postby jettdaking! on Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:06 pm

just saw this thread. very nice courts especially the salt palace. (Y)
"play me like it's chess and i'll smack you with a checkerboard"
-Celph Titled
jettdaking!
R.I.P. Hip-Hop "1987-2005"

Postby BadLuckLuke on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:12 pm

I'd say the vintage NBC scoreboard from UltraNIX would make your previews prettier! :wink:
BadLuckLuke

Postby fabri79 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:42 pm

How cool! :D I like this court very much, can't wait for the next one! (Y)

@BadLuckLuke:

Actually the NBC begun to broadcast NBA games in 1991 season: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990%E2%80%9391_NBA_season ... So I think that a CBS Sports scoreboard fits better... :P
fabri79

Postby Bird_33 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:23 pm

Fabri is correct it started in 90-91 season, that CBS scoreboard isnt finished yet I need to do the team name fonts correctly, etc....Im toying between CBS & TnT..not sure yet
Bird_33

Postby BadLuckLuke on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:34 pm

ok, if you choose TNT though here is a great one LC_Great made for 07 once
http://www.filefactory.com/file/259f45/n/TNT_patch_rar
it's also a stat overlayer :wink:
BadLuckLuke

Postby fabri79 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:58 am

Good suggestion, that TNT scoreboard is very nice but to me - judging from the preview in download section - doesn’t seems a “vintage” one… If Bird can also add the black edges to every bodytype in the CBS scoreboard (just like we can see from the word “PERIOD” in the preview) would be really fantastic!!! :D
fabri79

Postby BAYAG on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:47 pm

great job on the allstar court (Y)
BAYAG
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

Postby Bird_33 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:01 am

fabri79 wrote:Good suggestion, that TNT scoreboard is very nice but to me - judging from the preview in download section - doesn’t seems a “vintage” one… If Bird can also add the black edges to every bodytype in the CBS scoreboard (just like we can see from the word “PERIOD” in the preview) would be really fantastic!!! :D

Yeah that'll be done too dont worry

BAYAG wrote:great job on the allstar court (Y)

Thanks man :D
Bird_33

Postby fabri79 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:57 am

Hi Bird,

What about the new courts previews of this beautiful project? Any news?
Here's the list of left-handed players from 1989-90 season:

CHICAGO BULLS: Stacey King
DALLAS MAVERICKS: Bob McCann, Sam Perkins
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS: Sarunas Marciulionis, Chris Mullin, Chris Welp
HOUSTON ROCKETS: Adrian Caldwell
MIAMI HEAT: Terry Davis
MILWAUKEE BUCKS: Brad Lohaus
ORLANDO MAGIC: Jeff Turner
PHILADELPHIA 76ERS: Johnny Dawkins, Kenny Payne
PHOENIX SUNS: Kenny Battle
SACRAMENTO KINGS: Wayman Tisdale
SAN ANTONIO SPURS: Zarko Paspalj, David Robinson

:wink:
fabri79

Postby Bird_33 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:51 pm

Thanks for the leftys again, Sorry for delay in replying been busy, hopefully i'll soon have new previews...I've worked on The Great Western Forum from when the Lakers changed it from just 'The Forum' from 89 & so on...I'll have a preview at some point...also worked on a TnT scoreboard from 89/90 & so on & an intro...which I think Im going with...I want anything based on TnT from player of the half to player of the game, etc....I think Bayag is gonna help me with it once he's finished his Classic teams..which if so can only mean it'll be even better..
Bird_33

Postby fabri79 on Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:03 pm

Good... IMO it's not very important when this patch will be completed (because everything good takes time and being in a hurry doesn't make any sense); the most important thing is to get it done and whenever it will be you've got to be completely satisfied of your own creation!!! (Y) BTW I'm really looking forward to play this, having high hopes that this (together with BAYAG's project) will convert Live 07 in the ultimate game for retro NBA fans like me (I get bored really soon playing with current teams, regardless of the game!)... To me, the appeal of retro teams and players from that era is not even comparable to today's ones!!! :D
fabri79

Postby fabri79 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:14 am

Hi my friend!

It's a long time I don't see any update... Could you post a preview (i.e. that Phoenix Suns' court you wrote about some months ago?) whenever you find some time? Thanks a lot anyway!
fabri79

Postby Bird_33 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:28 am

fabri79 wrote:Hi my friend!

It's a long time I don't see any update... Could you post a preview (i.e. that Phoenix Suns' court you wrote about some months ago?) whenever you find some time? Thanks a lot anyway!

Soon man...ive pretty much done all the courts, just a few to go plus finishing off bits to some, I re-did Salt Palace all over again cos I werent happy with it plus I have a game DVD from 88 Jazz V Bulls so I could see errors Id made, all the logos are pretty much done, probably 1 or 2 to go..at the moment I have to send Bayag a file so he can try & figure out why my portrait files arent showing up in-game, at the moment players Ive added Ive used players file names already in the NBA 07 game as I dont bother playing with the current players & teams but obviously if I released it like that it'd mess up everybodys game!...also Im working on many screens, intro's, outros, music...etc....so give it time it will be worth it.
Bird_33

Next

Return to NBA Live 07