Live 07 Wishlist

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

Postby rawness41 on Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:36 am

i have found a few things that i have been getting angry about the last few years, but i just found this place and hopefully someone listens.
1. let the user trade players between other teams. every year i start my season right when i get the game. but then a few weeks later there will be a big trade, but for the rest of the season i am stuck with players on teams that they shouldnt be on. it is insane and it drives me crazy.

2. make rebounding a battle of positioning, i dont know how many times i have gone up for a rebound and the guy behind me gets the ball! the ball is right above my head and he just comes in and the ball goes straight to him. its just wrong.

3. players need to run faster on fast breaks. i usually try to get my better players stats so if the PG steals the ball it takes forever for the other players to get down the court.

4. make it easier to guard in the post. it is way too easy for players to make a spin move on you and score. if you try to body up they just go right around you. they need to make it easier to shut players down wether it be in the post or even outside.

thats all... let me know if these are actually things that can be improved or if i just suck at the game (or the sonics suck because that is who i always play). thanks guys. J-HOV
rawness41

Postby debiler on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:22 am

@rawness41:

good points, really. But I gotta say something about no. 4: Do you play Basketball in real life? Have you ever experienced how damn hard it is to defend a good post player? I think it is just right the way it is. It's the AI logic for postmoves that is just crappy. They will bump into you(for which an off foul should be called almost every time), you stutter back and until your player recovers, you've already received the easy two. That's what EA gotta put some work into. If the Ai players used smart plays and shot fakes and stuff like that, I'd be happy...
Confucius say: "Man go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger."
debiler

Postby ice0732 on Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:12 pm

@rawness41

synchronizing rosters can really be difficult.. that's why several sites- including this one -provide patches in order for you to update your rosters.. unfortunately, those updates don't apply to dynasty mode.. :wink:
"Let the hate us, as long as they fear us."
-Caligula
ice0732

Postby KingLeBron on Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:16 am

EA should make it so you can jump over people in the Slam Dunk contest and use props.
ImageThanks to Cable Guy for the sig
KingLeBron

Postby magic_jay on Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:23 am

KingLeBron wrote:EA should make it so you can jump over people in the Slam Dunk contest and use props.

thats nice, or a feature like carter did on that french guy i think

i wish better CPU trades and most important "MORE OF THEM" that would light it all up;
maybe more sim tools: arena constructions , jersey designing ,.....
**********Orlando is Magic **********
magic_jay

Postby Leander on Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:30 am

I don't know if this is still a problem in 2006 but 2003 and 2004 have it. I don't know 2005 and 2006 though.

But if this problem is still the same in 2006 they must change it. I'm talking about annoying shots from your own court. In 2004 the steal button is the same as the layup button. When I want to steal the ball I press the steal button very often. It might be that the player loses the ball because another player strips it from him...anyway, I press steal button so often and suddenly I get the ball and I am still in the "pressing the steal button"- mode. So my player automatically shoots from my own court for a three.

Or I jump in 2003, want to block the CPU. But the player might lose the ball because another player of my team strips it from him. I press shoot to block the CPU but it loses the ball...so I get the ball automatically but have "shoot" pressed and so I shoot a three from my own court...this happens so often to me.

Therefore, it should be impossible to shoot from your own half of the court unless there are less then 10 seconds to go.
Leander

Postby bigh0rt on Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:08 am

I think it'd be nice to give the shoot buttons a different function in your backcourt or something like that, unless there's 10 seconds or less to go or something, but that could get confusing... not so much for us, but for EA :P
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby ice0732 on Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:04 pm

Leander wrote:When I want to steal the ball I press the steal button very often. It might be that the player loses the ball because another player strips it from him...anyway, I press steal button so often and suddenly I get the ball and I am still in the "pressing the steal button"- mode. So my player automatically shoots from my own court for a three.

Just get the right timing.. Don't press the steal button too much.. What I do is call a double team and pressure the CPU player with the ball.. What usually happens is the player passes the ball or lose it..
"Let the hate us, as long as they fear us."
-Caligula
ice0732

Postby tuanskoko on Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:09 pm

What i like to see change is when the player is in the paint jumps up for a shot and u jump to block it, cpu hangs in teh air looks like his goin to get block and ur arm is like half way over the ball, yet cpu still scores. The hangtime needs to be fix imo.
GO SPURS GO
tuanskoko

Postby TheBatman on Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:36 pm

When you change your shot and he ends up trying to shoot the ball from behind the backboard = needs to go away please.
TheBatman

Previous

Return to NBA Live 07