NBA Live 06 Sliders Discussion

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

Postby no.mercy on Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:30 am

I have Playmaker's playbook set in my game...but I found Andrew's sliders to be the most compatible with my playing style....I made some very minor adjustments though, particularly in the game speed ( 45-50 ) coz Im only playing 5 minute qtrs, 59 game-season...been playing like that since live 2000....

I also made my free throw difficulty to only 50..why? simply because I feel like the game does not respond as quickly as it should to the keyboard..when FT difficulty is on the range of 75-100 ( playmakers'), even with my best FT shooter, its like I always have to time to hit my shot button whenever the freethrow indicator is on the leftmost side/uppermost side..only then should it stop where i want it should be and make the FT shot...besides, I need to hit the FT's to win close games sometimes hehehe...I lost many games because of some awful free throw shooting grrr!

but the rest of the offense and defense settings for both cpu and me are equal or as set by ANdrew...now my game play is more realistic, I sometimes found myself at the edge of my seat esp. during the closing quarters when the game's on the line...
no.mercy

Postby Ray AP19 on Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:41 am

Can someone tell me what exactly the "Game Speed" slider does? How does it affect the game? Does it make the players slower/faster or what?
Ray AP19

Postby bigh0rt on Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:54 am

Ray AP19 wrote:Can someone tell me what exactly the "Game Speed" slider does? How does it affect the game? Does it make the players slower/faster or what?

That's exactly what it does. Put it on 0, play a half, change it to 100, play a half. Then tell me if you don't know what it does :D
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Slider Question...Pretty Simple

Postby ed0ggyd0gg on Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:50 pm

I am using Andrew's sliders. As you can see, I don't really get that many boards. I want to know if there is anything I can do about that.

FG and 3PT are high, but this is only the first game, so I will play 1 or 2 more before I bump it up to superstar. It is currently on all star.

One key thing, I'm playing on 6 minute quarters. I'm willing to bump it up to 7, maybe even 8, but I'm not too keen on playing longer games. If that means I won't be able to produce as many boards, then no big deal, it's just a stat.

Finally, I am also considering moving up the game speed a bit to produce more boards/scoring, but it just seems quirky to have everything move so quickly. I guess I like to have a feel where the game moves at a reasonable pace. Again, it is not a big deal.

Any suggestions are welcome, and any criticism is also welcome. Thanks to all that respond! :)

http://sdcc13.ucsd.edu/~emanghi/slider.JPG
ed0ggyd0gg

Postby JJ_Weir on Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:03 pm

i have my sliders at

USER/CPU
steal ability - 25/40
interception - 40/40
short range - 40/40
mid range - 45/45
long range - 50/45 (at 50 players lyk tony parker nail contested 3's)
free throw difficulty - 100 (coz i can shoot free throws lol)
Blocking foul - 55
reach in foul - 50
shooting foul - 25
in air collision - 75

its pretty reasonable my players shoot realistic %'s and the foul sliders work well for me with lyk reach ins so i am not always tryin to steal the ball, and scorers usually go to the line about 7-10 times a game so its fair realistic

btw i havent tried but i dont know how u guys wuld get realistic %'s with
short 35
mid 36
long 37
or however u have it
do u run offensive plays or something????? coz i dont i just use pick and pop and pick and roll
There Aint A Baller Like Me

[url=http://www.nbaliveforums.com/ftopic48539.php]My Philadelphia 76ers [67-15]
Philadelphia 1 - 0 Toronto[/url]
JJ_Weir

Postby Chabalaba on Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:29 am

What are some realistic sliders for injuries?Ive gone 3 season without injuries,and if i do get a player injured its usually something minor like out for a quarter.

Will injury sliders affect the simulation games between the computers within a season? I was wondering this because if i bumped up the slider for injury frequency just a bit, i would usually get a letter on the PDA that said someone was injured, every day of the season and it would be usually 2-3 players every day.

If it does affect the games between the computers then would I also need to change the simulation sliders for injury frequency?
Chabalaba

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:54 am

I've found that 50-55 usually gives decent results for injuries during gameplay without causing too many injuries in simulation.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA Live 06 Sliders Discussion

Postby yukon2k on Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:17 am

andrew - i just bought the live '06 pc and want to use ncaa custom teams. do you think your sliders listed in this post would be good for the college game too or would you suggest a few tweaks? i like to play cpu vs cpu
yukon2k

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:23 am

I couldn't really say sorry, I don't watch much college ball.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Shoot1stAskL8R on Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:56 pm

Off the bat, I want to be honest: I've only read the last three and the first three pages of the topic. (These questions may sound redundant.)

Dunk vs. Lay-up Frequency
What direction will give more Lay-Ups? I've tried 15 and 85 and don't see much change. Then again, my dunks often don't go in...

Dunk Percentage
Lay-up Percentage

Will these affect their effectiveness, or merely how often the player will attempt one?

I really do not like player-controlled dunking very much in this game; I feel like I have to say a prayer when I'm using an FSS dunk in a clear lane.
(No one's in front, no one's in back, let me slow down and use a Freesty-- CRAP, IT RIMMED OUT! OK, OK.. just swat the ball from the other end, lob it across, speed up to get away from the defender chasing me, Freestyle Du-- CRAP, IT RIMMED OUT! OK, OK... grab the rebound, pass it to my FSS, have them power through the defend-- CRAP, IT RIMMED OUT! That's it; jump-shots only for me!)

On-ball Defense Assist
On-ball Defense
And of course, a "What do these do?"
Just wanted to make sure I understood Uptempo's answers:
The higher "Ob-Assist" is, the more frequently your teammates will leave their zone-defense?
The higher "Ob-Defense" is, the more likely my teammates, or my player will automatically try to steal the ball? (I thought you determine how much bumping your controlled player does?)

There was a "glitch video" I saw on YouTube, really brought me down a bit. (if you swat the ball out of bounds, you get called for a turnover?!) One thing I saw that I didn't quite get to "work right" was the "directly underneath the basket lay-up" glitch. The video said "anyone" could do it, but when using the Spurs, I find only Duncan and Parker can; everyone else completely screws up and the ball goes flying out. (Default Sliders, various ifficulty settings.)

Man do I agree with Impose on the first page about rebounding; even on even footing, the CPU gets an advantage with defensive rebounds... though I find the player has an advantage with ofeensive boards. Weird. I guess I'll have to fiddle with the sliders some more in this area based on Shaft or Andrew's sliders.
If I don't reply back in a timely manner, thanks in advance.
Shoot1stAskL8R

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:27 pm

The lower the Dunk vs Layup Slider, the more layups you'll see. The Percentage sliders for dunks and layups govern the effectiveness and likelihood that your dunk and layup attempts will be successful. The higher the slider, the more success you should have. The on-ball defense sliders tend to affect your team's ability to play tough, physical defense on ballhandlers including the ability to bump defenders to cut off the drive.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Mihael on Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:29 am

Does Free Throw Difficulty affects CPU also? Maybe this is a stupid question but i need to ask it because in my games CPU always shoot FT around 85%. If i put Free Throw Difficulty at 100 will it make difference?
Cheers!
Mihael

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:08 pm

I'm never quite sure but I doubt that it does. I'm pretty sure the CPU simply goes to the ratings and doesn't factor in the Free Throw Difficulty slider for itself, though the comeback logic sometimes ensures that poor free throw shooters are more much clutch than you'd expect in the hands of the AI.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby snoopy on Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:53 am

should i set my slider for action the same as simulation and what should i have for shot control user or cpu and what is shot control?
snoopy

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:14 pm

I don't see any reason to, you only use one slider set at a time and whichever one you have selected will be the settings used when you play.

Shot Control determines how much control you have over jumpshots. When it's set to User, a shot likelihood of going in depends on when you release the Shoot button; an optimal release (at the top of your jump) will give you the best chance of making the shot. When it's set to CPU, it's all down to the player's ratings and it doesn't matter how long you hold down the Shoot button.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Bodz on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:38 pm

Actually, I notice there is a difference between action and simulation. Simulation setting is when you sim the games and action setting is the sliders you used to play the games. You can set both simulation and action settings to the same sliders or you may want to tweak the action settings a little if you're not playing the full 12 mins per quarter.
Where Hang Time Happens
Bodz
Rise In Pleasure

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:42 pm

Sorry, but that's incorrect. The Simulation/Action settings in the sliders simply offers two different presets which you can also alter. Whichever slider settings you have active are the ones that are used during gameplay. I can say that with complete confidence as I only ever alter/have active are the Simulation slider settings and having played 06 extensively they most certainly made a difference on the gameplay.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Bodz on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:38 pm

Oh! Then what's with EA having 2 different settings? They could have just indicated simulation 1 and simulation 2... for example.
Where Hang Time Happens
Bodz
Rise In Pleasure

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:34 pm

Because Simulation is, by default, geared towards a slower pace and a more sim orientated game whereas the Action sliders are geared for a more arcade style, uptempo game. It's just an easy way of toggling between a more realistic or more arcadeish game with some default presets. Of course, most people feel that the default Simulation settings still aren't quite close enough to what they want and require them to be tweaked further.

Most people probably wouldn't bother to change both as there's no point if you're tweaking the sliders to suit your needs (since you only use one at a time) but the two options allow you to switch back and forth between sim-orientated and arcade style settings. It's only overkill because most people only really use one set of sliders but the option is there if you want it (and you could make them Simulation 1 and Simulation 2 if you wanted).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Bodz on Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:07 pm

Thanks for clearing that, Andrew. I thought I had them figured out until now... I finally see the light.
Where Hang Time Happens
Bodz
Rise In Pleasure

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:42 pm

Not at all, I can certainly see why you would've thought that. Calling them "Simulation" and "Arcade" probably would've been more appropriate.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby snoopy on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:54 am

andrew what are some good sliders for starter level and 12 minute quarters?
snoopy

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:12 pm

I didn't play 06 on Starter difficulty; I've only got the one set of sliders that I devised, you might want to give them a try and if it's a bit too easy, try increasing the CPU's field goal, interception and on-ball defense sliders.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby miamimen on Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:11 pm

hi sir andrew, i just wanna ask if your slider here, is only the 1.0,
i mean, u just release it once,?

and if you still using it to your NBA live 06,

i'm looking forward to use it, thanks sir, (Y)
miamimen

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:20 pm

Those are my only set of sliders, yes.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 06