PowerA Xbox One Controller on Win7

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

PowerA Xbox One Controller on Win7

Postby nader91 on Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:22 am

hi gents,

I've recently bought the game and got it installed and it works all fine.... although I can't use my 3rd party xbox one controller in the game at all (Mouse and Keyboard work), I've tried XInputPlus but no success there. It is my favourite game of my teens afterall :( :cry: :(

Can somebody please chime in on this matter and help me how I can make my Xbox One Controller work with NBA Live 06?

PS: my OS is win7 ultimate and my controller works in other games such as NBA 2K17 and Pro Evolution Soccer 2021
nader91

Re: PowerA Xbox One Controller on Win7

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:25 pm

I've had similar issues with my Logitech Wireless 710 gamepad. Fortunately there's a switch on that controller that toggles between XInput and the old DirectInput, with NBA Live 06 using the latter. That backwards compatibility switch simplifies things, but from the looks of things, that's possible via XInputPlus if you change the settings laid out in that tutorial. It looks like there are also some advanced settings you can change if simply switching to DirectInput doesn't work, but the bottom line is that you have to get DirectInput mode working properly in order for NBA Live 06 to recognise the controller and assign buttons as intended.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: PowerA Xbox One Controller on Win7

Postby nader91 on Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:21 am

Andrew wrote:I've had similar issues with my Logitech Wireless 710 gamepad. Fortunately there's a switch on that controller that toggles between XInput and the old DirectInput, with NBA Live 06 using the latter. That backwards compatibility switch simplifies things, but from the looks of things, that's possible via XInputPlus if you change the settings laid out in that tutorial. It looks like there are also some advanced settings you can change if simply switching to DirectInput doesn't work, but the bottom line is that you have to get DirectInput mode working properly in order for NBA Live 06 to recognise the controller and assign buttons as intended.

thank you for replying andrew!

Thank you, I will look into that guide and follow the steps and if that doesn't work then i'll buy a logitech 310 controller as a last resort.

have a great weekend and game on!!! (Y) :cool:
nader91

Return to NBA Live 06