3PK[Durant wall] and Scoop's[Telfair sig] Amateur PS Gallery

A collection of memorable (and infamous!) Forum threads. Other noteworthy threads, such as yearly NBA predictions, also get archived here.

Who is the better photoshopper?

Scoop
86%
3PK
14%

Total votes : 14

Postby Elbeen on Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:41 pm

it would be better if you used different brushes and different text and gave the picture some effects
Elbeen

Postby TSquared on Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:00 pm

add more lighting for the wallpaper... and more effects and shadows...
TSquared

Postby Pera on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:58 am

Thats not half bad for your first try at a wallpaper. Its plain and simple.You are setting some good guide lines for yourself, you aren't over brushing or doing to much effects.Now you can move on and experiment some things. See what you like and work from that . (Y)
Pera

Postby TomCat on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:03 pm

I was stuffing around with trying to do a Jersey Switch and sucked badly at it, so I decided to just do a small one like this:

ImageImage

Then I just did this for fun:

Thoughts?
2K10 Blazers Association | Photoshop Thread
Stan Smith "said", not wrote:Evening. Even-ing. Making things even.
TomCat
Providing quaility ____ since 1991

Postby Elbeen on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:21 pm

cutting on the jersey is not very good
Elbeen

Postby 3PK on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:38 pm

I tried out two McGrady Sigs using effects and different techniques with small alters; here they are, EDIT: I forgot a few little features so then i made a third one :lol: :arrow:
This was simple so i added a bit of flavour to the next one

I made some small changes to this one and liked it way more just for some reason

This one i just added a border to top it off
3PK

Postby 3PK on Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:09 pm

Well i was just playing around when i found a few new tools and functions so i made this Miller Banner one of my best so far...

3PK

Postby TSquared on Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:06 pm

wish that trade came to life.. rashard will get what he wants..new team..same cash..plus oden..great combo..but i doubt the sonics will want another PF..
TSquared

Postby TomCat on Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:53 am

Okay I just made another sig, it sucks but I thought I might aswell post it.

Thoughts?
TomCat

Postby 3PK on Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:39 am

I actually thought your sig looked good scoop and i thought i would made some of my own not my best work but i was just experimenting, BTW i just noticed your poll and we're tied 1-1 lol this will be interesting

First of all i made a Shawn Marion Sig Experimenting with a Bit of text maybe not my best work though

Then i tried lots of different techniques with Brandon Roy

EDIT: i made a few changes to the roy sig just something different

Any Thoughts?
Last edited by 3PK on Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3PK

Postby TomCat on Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:47 am

I like the Marion one. Brandon Roy one isn't good, but you are experimenting which is good. Give up on using Lightning brushes, use something else....

Btw, I will beat you in the poll! :lol: :twisted:
TomCat

Postby --- on Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:48 pm

3PK, you really need to work on color. A basic sig using yellow, red and purple isn't usually gonna turn out well.
---

Postby TomCat on Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:58 pm

3PK, I think your sigs are too bright. Just my opinion.....
TomCat

Postby 3PK on Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:03 pm

3PK, you really need to work on color. A basic sig using yellow, red and purple isn't usually gonna turn out well.

Yeh true but most good sigs i see don't have much colour so i dunno but yeh you are right, and i guess you voted for Scoop?

3PK, I think your sigs are too bright. Just my opinion.....

Fair enough i'll try something darker

Looks like i have to get some good sigs going to beat you scoop i will be back in an Hour with about five new sigs (Y)

IT'S ON :D
3PK

Postby --- on Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:19 pm

i will be back in an Hour with about five new sigs

And that's exactly where your going wrong. Take time on your sigs until you get the outcome you want. If the outcome you want only takes 10-15 minutes, your not trying hard enough.
---

Postby TomCat on Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:30 pm

Shannon wrote:

And that's exactly where your going wrong. Take time on your sigs until you get the outcome you want. If the outcome you want only takes 10-15 minutes, your not trying hard enough.

Very true. I haven't spent enough time on my sigs. I don't have enough patience to sit there for ages trying to perfect my work, but I should though.....
TomCat

Postby 3PK on Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:35 pm

Quote:

That was only a Joke/Exaggeration although thats an wake up call i definately don't spend enough time and this time seriosuly in about an hour i will have 1/2 posts which are my best work....

By the way last night i made a few banners and didn't post them,
Well i started off doing a Few Mirror Players a few worked and a few didn't as well as this i also used a few effects (Y)

Here is my First One of Allen Iverson

Here is My Rashard Lewis sig
3PK

Postby 3PK on Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:46 pm

Well i no my sigs have been dismal at best to date and i have spent very little time on them so it is fair that scoop lead 3-1 in the best photoshopper race, but today all through the day i have been working on and off with two Player Dwyane Wade and Gilbert Arenas and made three different sigs which i spent about 1 hour to 1 hour and a half with both player out of three sigs i probably only made one "decent/Average" one, although the moral is I kept percevering and here they are...

In order of worst being 6. and best being 1.
3PK

Postby --- on Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:36 pm

6) Looks like a 12 year old school girl made it. The stars, underlining of the word, colors, text.. not good.

5) Looks like a Zebra dyed the hair on its back. The second picture of DWade.. well, I don't even know what it is. Text needs alot of work.

4) Repitition can be a good thing. Repeating text sometimes looks good, but not when places like that and when that big. I know some people won't agree, but repeating images IMO is a no-no, unless they are very faded and a different size - they should be part of the background.

3) Repitition at it's worst. Count them - 6 Gilbert's. Text is repititive like in your earlier sigs, same font, same effects. Background is shallow and doesn't fit. Bright red border doesn't work.

2) Color, color, color... Let's see which ones you used. Yellow, Green, Red and Blue.Clown colors essentially, all splattered on top of each other just doesn't work. Composition is better but the color destroyed that one. Check spelling: Wiazards

1) Too many effects. Coloring is even worse. Putting a red and black background is fine, but once you place a lime green border over the top, it kills it. Text is aweful, the "Falsh" text looks like water which is fine, but not on a red/green sig.

Note: "Brushing" is not what it sounds like. You don't literally 'brush' over the canvas. You get one brush, click to put it on one area, then get a new brush, put that somewhere, until you cover the area you need to. Literal 'brushing' on photoshop results in a background looking like it was made with the clone stamp tool.
---

Postby 3PK on Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:40 pm

6) Looks like a 12 year old school girl made it. The stars, underlining of the word, colors, text.. not good.

5) Looks like a Zebra dyed the hair on its back. The second picture of DWade.. well, I don't even know what it is. Text needs alot of work.

4) Repitition can be a good thing. Repeating text sometimes looks good, but not when places like that and when that big. I know some people won't agree, but repeating images IMO is a no-no, unless they are very faded and a different size - they should be part of the background.

3) Repitition at it's worst. Count them - 6 Gilbert's. Text is repititive like in your earlier sigs, same font, same effects. Background is shallow and doesn't fit. Bright red border doesn't work.

2) Color, color, color... Let's see which ones you used. Yellow, Green, Red and Blue.Clown colors essentially, all splattered on top of each other just doesn't work. Composition is better but the color destroyed that one. Check spelling: Wiazards

1) Too many effects. Coloring is even worse. Putting a red and black background is fine, but once you place a lime green border over the top, it kills it. Text is aweful, the "Falsh" text looks like water which is fine, but not on a red/green sig.

Good to know i suck and personally i know you will think i am crazy but spending more time on them just made them worse and worse what did you think about the two sigs above them? I thought they were both better then the 6 horrible sigs i made (Y)
3PK

Postby TomCat on Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:50 pm

Give up
TomCat

Postby TomCat on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:55 pm

I made a new Brandon Roy sig.

Thoughts?
TomCat

Postby Jugs on Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:26 pm

3pk, you suck, you remind me of gay. You will never be good at photoshop.

Scoop, you have to learn that Roy facing the left, does not go on the left, you cut his nose out of the sig :? . Put the open mouth Roy on the right.

Like every beginner, your font sucks balls. and putting the Roy behind the Brushing sucks.

you also have to learn how to shade the picture with the colour theme. and to cut better.

Um, sorry about the wording, I have not used Photoshop in 8 months.
Jugs

Postby 3PK on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:33 pm

Well i continue to suck very very much at photoshop and i am probably the worst on this whole forum (at least the photoshop lounge), so i have been using a lot of other tutorials (meaning tutorials from other sites otherwise then NLSC) whilst doing this made some Good (by my standard) sigs which will be up later for the moment i will post the three Billups Sigs i made last night (fairly poor :lol: ) Although i continued to experiment a bit with brushes etc.

here's the first one i made

Here's the second one i made

Finally here's the third one
3PK

Postby Gundy on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:59 pm

Dude...what's the point of posting this?!!?! If you think they suck, everyone else is definitely going to think they suck. You aren't listening to the good advice Shannon has given to you. The colors look terrible, the text is lame, Billups looks blurry and is poorly cut. Do you just want attention? Why else would you post that garbage? Seriously, take your time. I really think I could make a better one on paint.
Gundy

PreviousNext

Return to Hardwood Classics