3PK[Durant wall] and Scoop's[Telfair sig] Amateur PS Gallery

A collection of memorable (and infamous!) Forum threads. Other noteworthy threads, such as yearly NBA predictions, also get archived here.

Who is the better photoshopper?

Scoop
86%
3PK
14%

Total votes : 14

Postby TomCat on Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:21 pm

Oh he didn't do the switch. Just put that pic on a picture of Seattle, can't get much more simple than that....
2K10 Blazers Association | Photoshop Thread
Stan Smith "said", not wrote:Evening. Even-ing. Making things even.
TomCat
Providing quaility ____ since 1991

Postby 3PK on Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:24 pm

i didn't make the jersey switch i found it on the internet which pretty much makes the work shit from your point of view (I Think). But i did do cutting and all that kind of stuff, although because i can find good pics doesn't mean i should be disadvantaged does it???
3PK

Postby Gundy on Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:28 pm

Good job 3PK. (Y) It is too simple but it is still a vast improvement from your other...stuff. Simple is good though...just add some cool effects, keep it clean and neat, make it pleasing to the eye and you would be set to make a half-way decent piece of work.
Gundy

Postby 3PK on Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:31 pm

Good job 3PK. It is too simple but it is still a vast improvement from your other...stuff. Simple is good though...just add some cool effects, keep it clean and neat, make it pleasing to the eye and you would be set to make a half-way decent piece of work.

Thanks man awesome to here, i will try and add some effects but i really don't know what works do you have any idea's or should i just experiment and see what it tuns out as. Also i should add, i know it was simple but i spent ages re-arraging and changing background and stuff so good to see it kind of payed of (Y)
3PK

Postby Gundy on Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:34 pm

Don't ask me how to do anything; I don't have Photoshop.
Gundy

Postby [Q] on Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:41 pm

i dunno if it was intentional or not, but it seemed like you tried to pass off the jersey switch as your own at the time.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby --- on Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:46 pm

All you really did was put the text in and the ball. Theres no effects on the Seattle pic, someone else made the Durant switch.

Paste a picture of Seattle
Cut out Durant and paste on image
Cut out ball and paste on image
Add text: "Kevin Durant"

It's not really your own creation. Next time try making it as unique as possible.
---

Postby TomCat on Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:07 pm

Shannon, Yeah I noticed that there aren't any effects at all, and I haven't been doing that either. Maybe that is why mine look so shit aswell.

Okay I made an attempt at a Sebastian Telfair sig. I put effects into himself and the text....What do you guys think?

I think it is my best so far, but I would rather some comments from experienced photoshop users.....
TomCat

Postby 3PK on Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:31 pm

i dunno if it was intentional or not, but it seemed like you tried to pass off the jersey switch as your own at the time.

Nah i didn't, i would never credit this as my own work

All you really did was put the text in and the ball. Theres no effects on the Seattle pic, someone else made the Durant switch.

Paste a picture of Seattle
Cut out Durant and paste on image
Cut out ball and paste on image
Add text: "Kevin Durant"

It's not really your own creation. Next time try making it as unique as possible.

I have been trying to make my own creation and scoop knows i have spent hours on it just to please you guys, atleast i think scoop knows because everytime we talk on MSN i tell him i am working on something. I also think you shouldn't question how you get to something as long as in the end it looks good i will try and make another sig then BTW i made about 3 other works which i thought were k, but considering i copped so much "this and that" from my Durant work i will just be humiliated by posting them.
3PK

Postby Gundy on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:19 pm

Dude, cut the fucking "Everybody hates me and thinks I suck" attitude. If that bothers you, then just quit posting.

i have spent hours on it just to please you guys

Here is the problem I think. If you only have pleasing us in mind while posting them then why do it. You should be concentrated on what you think should be done while keeping all the advice given tou in mind. Please tell me you weren't satisfied with any of your earlier stuff because if you were, your vision of art is pretty damn skewed.

I guess what I'm saying is, did you make this thread because you wanted to improve your PS skills or are you just an attention whore?
Gundy

Postby TomCat on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:22 pm

Gundy wrote:Dude, cut the fucking "Everybody hates me and thinks I suck" attitude. If that bothers you, then just quit posting.

i have spent hours on it just to please you guys

Here is the problem I think. If you only have pleasing us in mind while posting them then why do it. You should be concentrated on what you think should be done while keeping all the advice given tou in mind. Please tell me you weren't satisfied with any of your earlier stuff because if you were, your vision of art is pretty damn skewed.

I guess what I'm saying is, did you make this thread because you wanted to improve your PS skills or are you just an attention whore?

I hope that was directed at 3PK? If so, good work Gundy. Someone really just needed to come out and say what they really thought (Y)
TomCat

Postby Gundy on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:27 pm

It was.
Gundy

Postby 3PK on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:38 pm

:shock: Your telling me that everyone would just bag me in all these forums because they like me? So this Wallpaper is shit? I thought it was good i don't fucking get it, everyone is fucking set out to have a go at me what the fuck why would you say that if you wern't trying to do that. Also whenever i say something just a tad out of correction i get given a lecture. Then scoop comes out with his comment that everyone was thinking that, completely contradictiing your arguement so i'm pretty sure you have an un-coherent arguement. Seriously dude would i post most of my work becuase i think it is shit, i love my work although your standards are freakish how is that not atleast, atleast! a okay piece of work ( By the way you will probably use this against me too). Once again you have completely missed the point, there's no fucking way i am an attention seeking whore for starters if i wanted the attention of a pack of people i don't know i would be out of my mind which i am far from. You can't judge someone by what they right on the internet or else i could judge you guys as "Nerds" for writing about video games which i am not doing at the moment. Or i could say you guys are bullies for picking on my grammar. Seriously dude think, this will probably turn into me getting bagged so i didn't want to write this but go for it, all it is doing is proving my arguement right :evil:

By the Way, scoop offered to make this thread, i agreed and we both thought we would improve our skills, which i do think has happened (even though there is heaps of room to go especially for me). Also my standards arn't as high as you and I (key work I) view things differently to you. :x

EDIT: I forgot to mention i'm not here to impress anyone or draw attention or even try and be on your side so i ahve something personal to say to Scoop. Stop trying to impress people with your sly, spam comments and stop agreeing with everything they say, honestly show your personallity, i know you better then to agree with everything just to not get bagged :x
Last edited by 3PK on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3PK

Postby --- on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:42 pm

3PK, don't even say you spent hours on that wall.

Also, how you got the final product matters just as much as how good the work is. If you cut corners with your work like you did with that wall, if someone was to ask you to make something and they gave a list of details, could you do it? No. You might not know how to do the effects they want, or how to make the style back ground they want, etc.

As you put more time in and experiment, you learn. If you constantly cut corners and say it took your multiple hours to cut out someones jersey switch, stick it on a picture of Seattle, cut out a new ball and paste that down then add text, you don't learn. Experiment.

Try making your own background using some brushes, don't just have a plan color in the background or a picture you found. If you do use a picture, play round with it. Add effects, make it more attractive and interesting.

I don't believe you just can't make good work. Everyone can, you just need to be patient. You can make 1000000 simple pieces of work using the same method and you will still be as bad as your first work. You could make 4 pieces of work and spend time on them, try different brushes and effects, read tutorials, focus on the little things and you will be a far better "designer" than you were when you made your first work.

You seem to just be making essentially the same things over and over again, never experimenting.
---

Postby TomCat on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:42 pm

Okay I think this thread should be locked before it really gets out of hand.

I made the thread, so I give permission for it to be locked. 3PK you can just start up your own PS thread because this thread has been nothing but a flame war since it started.

So I give permission to Mods for this thread to be locked....
TomCat

Postby --- on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:44 pm

i could judge you guys as "Nerds" for writing about video games

Check your sig.

EDIT:

EDIT: I forgot to mention i'm not here to impress anyone or draw attention or even try and be on your side so i ahve something personal to say to Scoop. Stop trying to impress people with your sly, spam comments and stop agreeing with everything they say, honestly show your personallity, i know you better then to agree with everything just to not get bagged

I actually agree with you here. Scoop, just be yourself. If this wasn't a shared thread and you weren't competing with 3PK's work, you would get similar comments to the ones 3PK is getting. I honestly can't tell if you guys are friends or enemies.
---

Postby Gundy on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:56 pm

Whoa...whoa... you kind of scared me.

First of all, I'm sorry if I offended you but I was asking a legitimate question. You've got me all wrong dude. I wasn't attacking you, I was speaking my mind. And I'm not just looking to pounce on your for your mistakes or whatever. I'm not like that.

Then scoop comes out with his comment that everyone was thinking that, completely contradictiing your arguement so i'm pretty sure you have an un-coherent arguement.

Speaking of incoherent arguments, I really don't know what you're talking about here.

Well, sorry if I cam off as rude or a jerk or whatever but I was simply speaking my mind. You did accomplish one thing with that post though. You convinced me that you aren't an attention whore and you are just looking to get better. Keep at it I guess. (Y)
Gundy

Postby [Q] on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:57 pm

3PK, honestly there are a couple things you can do to become better at this, and they're really easy to do. I'll list em to make it easier for you to read.

1) Read the feedback you get from previous work. Take that into consideration instead of completely forgetting about what people say to try to help you. Shannon's done a very good job at that without getting irritated by your whining.
2)
Seriously dude would i post most of my work becuase i think it is shit
ok if you think your work is shit, then think about what makes it shit and don't do the same thing in your next 10 signatures and continue to whine about it. thank you.
3) Learn English. It really does get in the way of good writing/posting and signature making. Tell me you wouldn't be turned off if someone couldn't spell something like "King James" correctly.
4) Quit bitching like a woman and suck it up. If you don't want to then stop making these things...

EDIT:
Shannon wrote:

Check your sig.

:lol: you just got owned.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby 3PK on Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:04 pm

3PK, don't even say you spent hours on that wall.

Also, how you got the final product matters just as much as how good the work is. If you cut corners with your work like you did with that wall, if someone was to ask you to make something and they gave a list of details, could you do it? No. You might not know how to do the effects they want, or how to make the style back ground they want, etc.

As you put more time in and experiment, you learn. If you constantly cut corners and say it took your multiple hours to cut out someones jersey switch, stick it on a picture of Seattle, cut out a new ball and paste that down then add text, you don't learn. Experiment.

Try making your own background using some brushes, don't just have a plan color in the background or a picture you found. If you do use a picture, play round with it. Add effects, make it more attractive and interesting.

I don't believe you just can't make good work. Everyone can, you just need to be patient. You can make 1000000 simple pieces of work using the same method and you will still be as bad as your first work. You could make 4 pieces of work and spend time on them, try different brushes and effects, read tutorials, focus on the little things and you will be a far better "designer" than you were when you made your first work.

You seem to just be making essentially the same things over and over again, never experimenting.

You want to know why i made this Wall without experimenting, I'll tell you why because whenever i have posted an experimental Sig all i got was abuse and a tiny, tiny, tiny bit of help mostly from you shannon but that has defnately come with abuse.

Also once again guys just a flame war, NLSC (most of it) Vs 3PK

Quote:

Check your sig.

Yeh you're talking about my wallpaper i suggest and that was because i was just sick of being bagged so i used the same tactic which had been used against me there.

EDIT: Scoop showed me a few conversations of him (being tu as le sida!) and shannon (being shannon) which went like this showing exactly how i feel

tu as le sida! says:
Do you think anything will happen to 3PK after this abuse to people on the forum?
Shannon says:
he will pribly get baned but he shouldnt
Shannon says:
probly
tu as le sida! says:
Yeah, it is just a bit of an arguement. Just lock the thread, I think
Shannon says:
you need to cut him some slack

Aswell as

tu as le sida! says:
tu as le sida! says:
Yeah, but he did write "The Falsh" on one of his sigs
Shannon says:
it seems u compete with him, put him down
Shannon says:
the dude sucks with photoshop, yeah
Shannon says:
not to sound like an ass but your not really that far ahead
tu as le sida! says:
I know I am not. I have copped a bit of criticism(not as much as 3PK), but I haven't cracked the shits over it
Shannon says:
no, what I am saying is you seeem to use 3PK to push your self higher
tu as le sida! says:
Oh
Shannon says:
its just a forum anyway
tu as le sida! says:
Yes true

All this did was justify how people always pick on me because that's majority rules, then they go away and stay stuff like this and thanks Shannon so i say to scoop act like yourself don't be a different person on NLSC which you should know, you are...

Whoa...whoa... you kind of scared me.

First of all, I'm sorry if I offended you but I was asking a legitimate question. You've got me all wrong dude. I wasn't attacking you, I was speaking my mind. And I'm not just looking to pounce on your for your mistakes or whatever. I'm not like that.

Quote:

Then scoop comes out with his comment that everyone was thinking that, completely contradictiing your arguement so i'm pretty sure you have an un-coherent arguement.

Speaking of incoherent arguments, I really don't know what you're talking about here.

Well, sorry if I cam off as rude or a jerk or whatever but I was simply speaking my mind. You did accomplish one thing with that post though. You convinced me that you aren't an attention whore and you are just looking to get better. Keep at it I guess.

K sorry then man i thought you were having a go at me i just can't tell after the amount i have to defend myself etc. so sorry man.

3PK, honestly there are a couple things you can do to become better at this, and they're really easy to do. I'll list em to make it easier for you to read.

1) Read the feedback you get from previous work. Take that into consideration instead of completely forgetting about what people say to try to help you. Shannon's done a very good job at that without getting irritated by your whining.
2) Quote:

Seriously dude would i post most of my work becuase i think it is shit

ok if you think your work is shit, then think about what makes it shit and don't do the same thing in your next 10 signatures and continue to whine about it. thank you.
3) Learn English. It really does get in the way of good writing/posting and signature making. Tell me you wouldn't be turned off if someone couldn't spell something like "King James" correctly.
4) Quit bitching like a woman and suck it up. If you don't want to then stop making these things...

Fair enough thanks heaps i understand that definately a coherent arguement, also i will definately stop bitching, i try not to but i have to defend myself so for anyone who wants to make a judgement of my personality i will tell you straight up, I am a sporty, Fun loving, Outrageous, Arguementive, out spoken, always defending, good to be around person (Y)
3PK

Postby TomCat on Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:09 pm

I don't think Shannon gave you the permission to use them on the forum, but if he did it is ok.

Okay I think we should cut you some slack now (thanks shannon :wink: ) And just continue to have this as a PS thread and not a flaming thread...
TomCat

Postby Jugs on Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:59 pm

Kevin Durant font sucks, you dont mix purple + green with some thin font and gay outline. wtf.
Jugs

Postby Lamrock on Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:09 am

Did these guys just disappear? Last time I heard from them, I was spamming their forum pretending to be Javaris Crittenton in July.

Oh well; no huge loss. The reason I bump this is to nominate it for Hardwood Classics.
Lamrock

Re: 3PK[Durant wall] and Scoop's[Telfair sig] Amateur PS Gallery

Postby J@3 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:43 pm

This thread is fucking fantastic. I'm genuinely sad that I missed it.

Inducted November 4, 2009
J@3

Previous

Return to Hardwood Classics