Need help with women?

A collection of memorable (and infamous!) Forum threads. Other noteworthy threads, such as yearly NBA predictions, also get archived here.

Postby J@3 on Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:51 pm

Method/game = same thing? Just because one is learnt whereas yours comes naturally it doesn't change a thing.

Well, yeah it does... if you're learning something and deliberately applying it then obviously it is a "game", if it's natural then it's not really something you control. If I changed myself to suit a certain girl, then I would be playing games pretty much.

You should probably read through your posts again. I just did, and there was next to no advice given by you... I think the post I quoted was the closest to any advice, and even then, it was more just you saying you dont need help.

I pointed out a few comments you made and such, to be honest my #1 priority in life isn't to help the NLSC masses get laid.
J@3

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:03 am

Laxation, the articles you've posted would be believable if you tried it yourself and scored with a lot of women. By the look of things, you're more busy looking for articles to raise your "inner-game" rather than getting laid, at that rate Jugs would probably be more of a player compared to you.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Laxation on Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:55 am

Shadow, you don't know me.

At all...
Laxation
Just wants to Tri-Force

Postby Jackal on Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:58 am

That is still considered as being a good thing. Fret not.
Jackal

Postby Steve [The Spiderman] on Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:08 am

I'm with Shadow, it seems as if you spend too much time looking up articles to "up" your game (because you obviously don't have much). But either way, just be yourself, as cliche as it sounds. It's more natural and you will be more confident with that then "not trying to laugh at your jokes." What kind of bullshit is that. I laugh at my jokes...if something is funny, you laugh. It's the normal thing to do. Acting like a hardass isn't your best bet. But, good luck with your articles Lax...
Steve [The Spiderman]

Postby Laxation on Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:19 pm

Im at a loss as to how I spend too much time looking up articles... Ive posted around 4 in as many weeks, and they take no longer than 5-10min to find and read...
Laxation
Just wants to Tri-Force

Postby [Q] on Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:22 pm

I think they're all interesting reads regardless of whether you believe them or not... I'm always open to new ideas.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby PAMPERS on Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:45 am

But being yourself is still your best weapon out there, you may find love by doing this, but by "going by the rules" just to play around is just not the way it is for women. As stupid as some women may be, they still know that outer shell you're playing with rather than the real you.
Life in general is so complex to be based on what's norm always, experiment may be good, but the natural you is the best.
Image the diapers says it all!
PAMPERS

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:22 am

Laxation wrote:I would still be extremely un-confident, bad with women and all that jazz

And therein lies the problem. You're giving advice, and all the while it's been under this presumption; that their personalities and level of confidence was on par with yours, which we've just now found out is extremely low. It's more understandable now why you spend so much time on text figuring out how to get women. You've got to understand though that not everybody is this way. Some people are naturally smooth, confident, and have no problem getting women -- your methods are not scripture, and in fact, I'm not quite convinced they're even applicaple for a majority of people.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Laxation on Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:37 am

bigh0rt wrote:It's more understandable now why you spend so much time on text figuring out how to get women.

Laxation wrote:Im at a loss as to how I spend too much time looking up articles... Ive posted around 4 in as many weeks, and they take no longer than 5-10min to find and read...

And furthermore
Laxation wrote:If I kept acting myself, I would still be extremely un-confident, bad with women and all that jazz...

Are you just reading what you want to read?
Laxation
Just wants to Tri-Force

Postby Cable on Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:35 am

IMO everyone is different ... both girls AND guys, so there is no perfect advice for everyone.

I'm not so much looking for advice here as I'm looking for opinions. There's a girl I like, who I'm going to 'ask out' or whatever happens; I just so happen to have 2 classes and lunch with here next semester, we're friends and hang out together as well. Would you ask her, knowing that if it doesn't work out you still have to spend most of your day with her? Or would you stay away and not ruin a good friendship?

My mind's pretty much made up, I'm just waiting for Monday when I see her again to ask her, but I'd welcome opinions. And yes, this would be the same girl that I didn't have the balls to ask to our semi-formal, but I did end up dancing with her anyway.
And I'm going to see them in Toronto!
Cable

Postby J@3 on Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:40 am

May aswell ask her, the awkwardness passes after a while and you'll just end up liking her more and more until it starts to annoy you.
J@3

Postby Jugs on Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:14 pm

Who couldnt resist vagina looking chest hair?
Jugs

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:21 pm

May aswell ask her, the awkwardness passes after a while and you'll just end up liking her more and more until it starts to annoy you.

That statement just summarized how I feel everytime. :o
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby j.23 on Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:21 am

lol, fuck. gents, turn off your phone when you're shitfaced because you will say a lot of stupid shit. pretty much, i just ripped on this chick pretty bad. we hung out with a couple people from work yesterday, and she was being a skank.. so teabagger gave her a piece of his mind. mind you, she did send me a text message, so i returned her call.

after that little fiasco, she sent me a message saying how i made her feel like shit and i wasnt the person she thought i was. i think i caught her wayyyyyyyy off guard because i'm usually pretty chill, but uh, yeah. i might've screwed up my chances. i'm seeing her at work in a couple hours, but i don't think i'm gonna apologize for anything i said. oh, and i told her i did like her but i'm kinda lost with what her reaction was.

cheers.
j.23

Postby Jugs on Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:33 pm

She'll forgive you if she loves you. Like family love. :lol:
Jugs

Postby The X on Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:33 pm

don't worry j23, we all have our moments....when I was blind drunk, I went berserk at my mate's ex (well she is now), calling her a slut, made her cry, just fully ripped her to threads....apparently she was hitting me on the chest real hard, but I didn't feel anything, just had some bruises....she did a little kickboxing or something, not that it matters, I was tanked....

I do regret the incident, & I did end up apologizing to her a few months later & asked her what I said because none of my mates would tell me....

but yeah, these things happen....

I also gave a mate's mate a dropping DDT into pavement that night too....I don't think he was happy about that....wasn't deliberate or had any malice, just the random shit that happens....ahh well, enough reminiscing, should go get some sleep....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Its_asdf on Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:31 am

Damn X, I always considered you a happy drunk instead of an agressive one.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby The X on Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:13 am

Its_asdf wrote:Damn X, I always considered you a happy drunk instead of an agressive one.

I am a happy drunk 99% of the time, believe me....

this was a night when during the day I was out in 40 degree celcius heat helping my brother move....I got dehydrated, went straight out & got into a lot of free drinks & had a few shots....& I had heard that night that she had cheated on my mate (they had been going out a couple of years)....

but yeah, I was fine, but seeing her set me off....maybe it's because my mum cheated on & left my dad for another guy....something triggered it....believe me, I wasn't proud of myself that night....

as for the DDT, it's not as bad as it sounds, it was more like 2 drunken mates saying hello & randomly ending up on the pavement....it probably wasn't a DDT, my other mate just said that's what it looked like :lol:

but don't fret, I'm a nice drunk :wink:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Laxation on Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:58 am

j.23 wrote:lol, fuck. gents, turn off your phone when you're shitfaced because you will say a lot of stupid shit. pretty much, i just ripped on this chick pretty bad. we hung out with a couple people from work yesterday, and she was being a skank.. so teabagger gave her a piece of his mind. mind you, she did send me a text message, so i returned her call.

after that little fiasco, she sent me a message saying how i made her feel like shit and i wasnt the person she thought i was. i think i caught her wayyyyyyyy off guard because i'm usually pretty chill, but uh, yeah. i might've screwed up my chances. i'm seeing her at work in a couple hours, but i don't think i'm gonna apologize for anything i said. oh, and i told her i did like her but i'm kinda lost with what her reaction was.

cheers.

dont worry about it... if she is a skank, who cares what she thinks about you? people have to earn your respect :cool:
Laxation
Just wants to Tri-Force

Postby [Q] on Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:49 pm

weird/funny/interesting story:
it was a rainy night sunday night of last week at work and we were about to lock our doors to the store and my manager was looking outside (and I couldn't see the door) and said to me "hey there's a hot asian chick outside. you should go talk to her. she has a big ass too". I thought he was joking around (especially the part with the asian girl having a big ass making it more strange), making fun of me being asian and whatnot, but I went to lock the door and there was an asian girl. we ask her if she wants to come inside because it's cold and she asks to use our phone. and when she comes in, i tihnk WOW she is hot. she looked a little younger than me... like around 18.
so after she uses the phone she waits for her ride inside our store. our manager got talking to her after she asked if we only hired guys (because our store is a fucking cockfest). he said no and asked her if she wanted a job. so she has a job at another store in the mall and he offers her $.75 more per hour. so she says ok and goes home. after she leaves, my manager says i hired her for you... you better get some haha
well I found out she's only 16. yeah 16. 99.9% of the time, younger girls really turn me off because they're all immature and all that, but for some reason I wasn't with this girl. and now she works in my department and the only thing holding me back from doing anything with her is that she's 16. wtf
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Nick on Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:58 pm

So now i have a girlfriend.

I'll be answering questions and recieving the high fives at the allocated scheduled time. :crazy:

To be honest this thread wasn't completely unhelpful. There's a lot of bullcrap, but what NOT to do became clearer for me.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby j.23 on Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:15 pm

Nick wrote:So now i have a girlfriend.

I'll be answering questions and recieving the high fives at the allocated scheduled time. :crazy:

To be honest this thread wasn't completely unhelpful. There's a lot of bullcrap, but what NOT to do became clearer for me.

*hi 5*..

so spill it -- what happened? what didn't you do? i'm pretty close myself getting this chick after almost royally fucking myself over a couple weeks back. but please do share and brighten up my friday night :)
j.23

Postby Nick on Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:57 pm

j.23 wrote:
Nick wrote:So now i have a girlfriend.

*hi 5*..

so spill it -- what happened? what didn't you do?

Oh nothing specific. I just didn't fuck it up.

There was no "stratergies" or whatever, to be honest i think i'm just in the lucky position of having someone that i simply get along with really well and have a lot of common ground and we just built on that. But things like not being 'needy' and remaining patient are pretty important.

As for how it happened, well it was all pretty casual. I've been seein her and hangin out with her for like a month or 2 or 3 so the other night i brought it up and it went sorta like this
me: "are we girlfriend and boyfriend?"
and it caught her by suprise and she goes: "i dunno... are we?"
me: "well, i like you, and i'm pretty sure you like me.."
her: "yeah i do"
me: "...so we might aswell"

and i can't really remember what was said after that but yeah, yay. (Y) That was that, and we moved onto whatever else we were talking about at the time, haha. This girl is such a different case to all the others though. Like, usually you hook up with someone or whatever then get close blah blah. We didn't hook up initially, that's what was good about it. We just met one night, sparks flew, kept in touch through internet. Eventually she started coming out with me and my friends, we kept getting along, then eventually i started bring her back to my house and you know :cheeky: . And yeah, i just realised i'm still typing.

Anyway good times on the Nick front. PERFECT girl for me. It's really crazy.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby J@3 on Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:44 pm

^ That is about 1/50th of the whole story :lol:
J@3

PreviousNext

Return to Hardwood Classics