Need help with women?

A collection of memorable (and infamous!) Forum threads. Other noteworthy threads, such as yearly NBA predictions, also get archived here.

Postby j.23 on Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:00 pm

congrats nick. i've always had a hard time popping the question before without making everything seem awkward so i just leave it and assume that we are bf and gf, lol. stupid, i know..

as for me, if you look a couple posts up i was ranting about how this chick i was digged skanked it up big time, so i gave her a piece of my mind. everything soured after that though and we didn't talk for two weeks. anyways, i phoned her up yesterday to settle it once and for all and we got a lot of things off our chest. so before her jenna jameson act (well not to that extent) and my jackie christie impersonation, i found out that she did like me. everything is good now and back to normal, almost.. we're talking again. only problem is i don't know where we stand. i actually asked her that and she said "IN GOOD TERMS" -- i was thinking, what the hell. are you retarded? .. lol. her friend told me that during our fight her feelings for me had changed and that she found another guy, however when i brought it up yesterday she told me there was no one and that she's been at home doing nothing the last 2 weeks.. is it too soon to make a move or bring anything up regarding dating and all that shit since we just got back in good terms?
j.23

Postby Matt on Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:29 pm

As for how it happened, well it was all pretty casual. I've been seein her and hangin out with her for like a month or 2 or 3 so the other night i brought it up and it went sorta like this
me: "are we girlfriend and boyfriend?"
and it caught her by suprise and she goes: "i dunno... are we?"
me: "well, i like you, and i'm pretty sure you like me.."
her: "yeah i do"
me: "...so we might aswell"

that sounds real awkward.....

is it too soon to make a move or bring anything up regarding dating and all that shit since we just got back in good terms?

probably, you don't wanna push your luck. Obviously if she still likes you you'll be in with a chance.
Matt

Postby Jugs on Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:34 am

I still talk to my ex but I think I'm giving her the impression that i desperately wanna get back with her.

lol.

she's leaving the country tomorow for 2 weeks and then when she comes back I should use the "havent seen in long time lets go do something" excuse lol.

Not that I wanna get back with her but to see if she's up for that thing they call benefits lmao.
Jugs

Postby Drex on Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:19 am

So here I am, thinking about a girlfriend I had about 4 years ago. We've talked a lot, and we really like each other. The thing is, she has a boyfriend, but she doesn't want to be with him, but they can't broke up because she promised that she would give him a chance (he's very jealous and things like that), and so far he hasn't done anything :x . Besides, she lives in another city, but she came here a couple days ago, and I invited her to a party. But I think I fucked up, because I hooked up with another girl near her :lol: Well, it's her fault...any help or comments?
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Dean on Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:45 am

You fucked up imo. If she liked you that is..
Dean
"Wait, this isn't like the time that you bought a hamster, named it virginity, and then lost it?"

Postby Nick on Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:00 am

Jae wrote:^ That is about 1/50th of the whole story :lol:

Really? :lol: I thought i covered everything.
congrats nick. i've always had a hard time popping the question

Yeah i know what you mean. That's what was good about this situation, cos it wasn't like i was "popping the question", it was just in the midst of a convo we were already having so it wasn't even a huge deal. We were just talking about random crap before and after that so slipping it in there was easy. I didn't even plan it, it was an on-the-fly decision, haha.
Matt wrote:
As for how it happened, well it was all pretty casual. I've been seein her and hangin out with her for like a month or 2 or 3 so the other night i brought it up and it went sorta like this

I can see how it looks that way. But it was pretty obvious all along that we'd end up together, so it wasn't a huge deal, thus wasn't all that awkward.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Dean on Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:59 pm

It was awkward how you came straight out and asked if you were boyfriend and girlfriend perhaps?
Dean
"Wait, this isn't like the time that you bought a hamster, named it virginity, and then lost it?"

Postby Laxation on Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:58 pm

Matt wrote:

I got that impression too :P Its not the easiest conversation to have though, I cant think of a way to do it that doesnt sound weird...
is it too soon to make a move or bring anything up regarding dating and all that shit since we just got back in good terms?

JUST ASK HER OUT :lol:
Dont do something stupid/lame like movie or coffee, take her to the zoo, or a jazz band on a sunday afternoon. Something interesting and different...
If you live in your own place, you can invite her round and cook her dinner ;) thats a great idea... also sets up good fun later on... :lol:

Drex wrote:So here I am, thinking about a girlfriend I had about 4 years ago. We've talked a lot, and we really like each other. The thing is, she has a boyfriend, but she doesn't want to be with him, but they can't broke up because she promised that she would give him a chance (he's very jealous and things like that), and so far he hasn't done anything :x . Besides, she lives in another city, but she came here a couple days ago, and I invited her to a party. But I think I fucked up, because I hooked up with another girl near her :lol: Well, it's her fault...any help or comments?

Its only going to make her want you more.. if you two arent going out, you dont owe her shit.
This will just show her how good you are. She will want you more if she sees that other girls want you... (jealousy, duh)

Keep hooking up with other girls until you two are exclusive, you have that right!

Nick: You said you learnt not to be needy, etc. Heres some advice:
Dont stop being not-needy! For a guy to go from strong, confident etc to a needy wuss, it can be directly compared to a girl that started off being uber hot, and then let herself go and get fat... The girl wont like how you changed, just like you wouldnt like it if she got fat
Know what I mean? It seemed a little confusing to me, and I wrote it :P
Laxation
Just wants to Tri-Force

Postby Nick on Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:28 am

Laxation wrote:Nick: You said you learnt not to be needy, etc. Heres some advice:
Dont stop being not-needy! For a guy to go from strong, confident etc to a needy wuss, it can be directly compared to a girl that started off being uber hot, and then let herself go and get fat... The girl wont like how you changed, just like you wouldnt like it if she got fat
Know what I mean? It seemed a little confusing to me, and I wrote it :P

Well unlike you, i am myself initially, so she wont be seeing any "changes". :P
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby j.23 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:17 am

JUST ASK HER OUT :Laughing
Dont do something stupid/lame like movie or coffee, take her to the zoo, or a jazz band on a sunday afternoon. Something interesting and different...
If you live in your own place, you can invite her round and cook her dinner Wink thats a great idea... also sets up good fun later on...

yeah, i think she wants me to make a move. she sent me a couple sms' last night and she made a crack at me about how i have no talent whatsoever -- anyways this is what i said.

me: lady..lady..lady.. i do have talent. you just dont know me yet
her: probably. who knows though, hey. guess you're still hiding in your shell.

i dont know what shell she's talking about her but i smell a damn challenge

:D
j.23

Postby [Q] on Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:16 am

Qballer wrote:weird/funny/interesting story:
it was a rainy night sunday night of last week at work and we were about to lock our doors to the store and my manager was looking outside (and I couldn't see the door) and said to me "hey there's a hot asian chick outside. you should go talk to her. she has a big ass too". I thought he was joking around (especially the part with the asian girl having a big ass making it more strange), making fun of me being asian and whatnot, but I went to lock the door and there was an asian girl. we ask her if she wants to come inside because it's cold and she asks to use our phone. and when she comes in, i tihnk WOW she is hot. she looked a little younger than me... like around 18.
so after she uses the phone she waits for her ride inside our store. our manager got talking to her after she asked if we only hired guys (because our store is a fucking cockfest). he said no and asked her if she wanted a job. so she has a job at another store in the mall and he offers her $.75 more per hour. so she says ok and goes home. after she leaves, my manager says i hired her for you... you better get some haha
well I found out she's only 16. yeah 16. 99.9% of the time, younger girls really turn me off because they're all immature and all that, but for some reason I wasn't with this girl. and now she works in my department and the only thing holding me back from doing anything with her is that she's 16. wtf

so i think the new girl wants me, but i'm not just 100% sure yet. im not trying too hard to get her because she IS 16 and also she's a jesus freak and that turns me off a little bit, but something in me just wants to go after it.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby cyanide on Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:41 am

j.23 wrote:me: lady..lady..lady.. i do have talent. you just dont know me yet
her: probably. who knows though, hey. guess you're still hiding in your shell.

i dont know what shell she's talking about her but i smell a damn challenge

I think she's waiting for you to reveal that you are, in fact, a teabagging tyrant :)
if you were killed tomorrow, i WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN THE MOTHA FUCKER THAT KILLED U!
......|..___________________, ,
....../ `---______----|]
...../==o;;;;;;;;______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//
WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER
cyanide