Street

Discussion about NBA Live 2003.

Street

Postby Cpt(K) on Mon May 19, 2014 7:05 am

I downloaded it today and tried to install it in a separate copied directory. I have a legitimate copy that I use, however, even with the environment set to medium the game crashes (1, 1on1, 5on5). I'm going to try to do a fresh install with no mods installed. The directories that I use now have quite a bit of mods installed, though, usually just art files.

I thought it might be something in the feconfig since I edited that and hwconfig to play at custom resolutions (when changing to a custom resolution in hwconfig, you have to edit graphic settings through feconfig since in-game it will crash if you save it).

Feconfig.txt

r_fedetailsettings.players 3
r_fedetailsettings.reflections 3
r_fedetailsettings.shadows 3
r_fedetailsettings.environment 1
r_fedetailsettings.benchplayers 3
r_fedetailsettings.crowdanim 1
r_fedetailsettings.lighting 2
r_fedetailsettings.texdetail 2
r_fedetailsettings.preset 4

Hwconfig.txt

r_hardwaresettings.nVideoMode 7
r_hardwaresettings.nScreenWidth 2048
r_hardwaresettings.nScreenHeight 1024
r_hardwaresettings.nScreenBPP 32
r_hardwaresettings.fGammaValue 0.5000
r_hardwaresettings.nTextureFilterType 2
r_hardwaresettings.bVSync 0
r_hardwaresettings.bTripleBuffer 0

Edit: Fresh install completed, I have also made a backup of the original install on my external HDD. So I will proceed with the 6 part install.

Edit2: After some tedious tweaking, I have learned that with this fresh install I cannot 1, 1on1, or even 5on5 with my resolution at 2048x1024 anymore. I had to change it to 1024x768 for it to work, also, the loading time for the non-modified executable is horrendously long for some reason. My disc is rather worn but... takes about an entire minute or 2 for some screens to finish (first world problems lol) sometimes. I haven't tried the No-CD with it yet, as I've read somewhere that Rucker park would definitely crash. The time difference I think may be because of the disc itself, increased loading times anyway.

I was able to successfully enter a game and practice mode finally, however, look at this-

I'm assuming the above image has something missing, this was the Nets x Hornets.

Nevermind, I found out why, environment setting wasn't set to medium. Now that it is I'm able to play, though the loading screens take longer. I also cannot use 2048x1024 with the Street mod.
Cpt(K)

Re: Street

Postby Murat on Mon May 19, 2014 5:23 pm

Yes, there is a file named LOD_combined.o at xcommon. It's unreplaceable by an .o file of street mode.

.o -> Model structure of NBA Live 2003
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Return to NBA Live 2003