Historic Rosters (2008-09)

Discussion about NBA Live 2003.

Re: Historic Rosters (2008-09)

Postby dwayne2005 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:19 pm

I played a 40 minute game using the 1972-73 East All-Stars vs the 1987-88 West All-Stars, using my pace adjust values on each season before incorporating them and then using my team specific Superstar settings to the file.

The results were interesting...

(p.s. you can play the same settings on Superstar difficulty in the MOSTLY COMPLETE example season featuring Lakers specific human team settings; just -pace adjust which won't amount to much since that season doesn't have players from other seasons, just 2002-03)

Code: Select all
My team:

Dave Cowens - 19 points, 11 rebounds
Walt Frazier - 13 points, 10 assists, 3 steals
John Havlicek - 12 points, 5 assists
Lenny Wilkins - 12 points
Elvin Hayes - 11 points, 6 rebounds
Wes Unseld - 8 points
Jo Jo White - 6 points, 5 rebounds
Dave Debuschere - 5 points, 7 rebounds
Bill Bradley - 4 points
Pete Maravich - 4 points

PC

Hakeem Olajuwon - 18 points, 6 rebounds
Magic Johnson - 17 points, 6 rebounds, 9 assists, 4 steals
Clyde Drexler - 14 points
Karl Malone - 12 points, 7 rebounds, 4 steals
Alex English - 12 points, 6 rebounds
Fat Lever - 12 points
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - 8 points (in just 9 minutes)
James Worthy - 7 points
Alvin Robertson - 2 points

Overall:

Score: 94-102
FG%: .494-.551
3PT%: .062-.125
FT%: .700-.750
Rebounds: 43-37
Assists: 27-18
Steals: 11-12
Blocks: 2-3
Turnovers: 16-12

MVP: Earvin "Magic" Johnson

I had several incredibly weak starts, and at least one other full game losing by 30 plus, all shooting sub .400. It may be my lack of sleep of late, so I may not be playing to 100%. At the end of the 1st half here, I believe I was down by 12'ish, with it going up to around 17. I was shooting below .450, which indicates I shot .550 in the 2nd half, which doesn't make me happy. In the 3rd quarter, the Lakers increased the lead to about 17 in the final quarter. Then, in the last 6 minutes or so, I came back to get it to within 3, before it finished as an 8 point defeat. I shot horribly from 3PT range and took many shots. I can't see any solid reason why I would shoot so poorly, since those settings remain unchanged from previous games were I expect around .300 (the CPU teams was just misfortune; their shooting was on target in other trials). The number of shots suggests my team shooting would have wound up being even higher if it weren't for this strange phenomena. It could be my jumping ranges. For computer teams, the jumping ranges are 75-99, while for the human team here it was 0-25. This is necessarily to significantly reduce the number of human block shots, and it works! But it may mean you need to be more strict on 3 pointers, make sure the shot is even more open than before.

I am very happy with that trial of the pace adjust setting, which puts the '72-73 season on a more level footing with the 1987-88 season here. In the default calculations, the advantage should definitely have gone to the '72-73 season, but I'm not persuaded there was any significant advantage. There could be, since having the jump settings so different for CPU/human makes it a harder game, but I was facing a blow out several times here.

---

Lots of small changes, some functionally significant if anyone used them. For instance, in a lot of my .bkr files, I inserted a ROUND search and replace. It is simple, and simply strips all rounding from the calculations necessary for getting perfect results (which I needed for my pace values, but it's nice to have). However, if you used it, as it turns out it replaced the DROUND header from the files, creating an error every time you start Live 2003 with them. It was also possible there is a surname including "round" in it, like Dan Roundfield for instance. I fixed up the extreme simple replace operation with another one involving a bracket necessary in the formulations (eg. "ROUND("). It is simple, but crucial if that was ever used.

I done some very small touchups to the example Superstar range settings (the one that specifies the human team of the Lakers) for NBA Live 2003, and fixed up the corresponding Mostly Complete example seasons. When working on the ADD SEASONS.exe file for formatting roster info from basketball reference, I significanty improved the search/replace operation found in the PLAYER ROSTER INFO.exe archive (used for automatically extracting players weights and singlet numbers from basketball reference to create a fixed .bkr for insertion on files). Even though it was mostly fine, it had problems in cases where players had more than 2 names, it was probably more error prone and it was just plain ugly. I've hopefully adapted it correctly, seems to work on a few trials at least. I fixed up some cosmetic trings and added simple yet important) instructions in my NOTES.txt file about applying multiple .bkr files:

Code: Select all
If you apply multiple of the below, you need to do it in this order:

1) RECALCULATION - Recalculate ratings based on the sim stats fields. Not needed unless you need to revert or come up with your own formulas, but it can give more precise results to reapply it without rounding (remove asterisk).
OPEN AND SAVE .csv over itself to remove functions.
2) PACEADJUST - Compensate for difference in the games pace between seasons. Remove asterisk from *ROUND to remove rounding if you plan on using other operations.
3) MAXMIN - Change the alltime records for 99 and 0 ratings to per season highs and lows (you need to set the MAX and MIN ratings for each season).
4) POINTSDIFF - Factors into account teams success (needs to be set to season first).
5) RANGE - This should be the final operation, hence no option for removing rounding from the equations as in the preceding operations.

The order is important.

I've also included the MAXMIN .bkr, that's new. My default calculations are based on historical highs and lows. That means the best player in history gets 99, not the best player in any particular season. In the shooting fields, there is a low and in some seasons it won't reach the low of 0 for the file. This is necessary historically to weigh up players across seasons, but is not needed if you don't plan to have them relative, especially if you want to squeeze the most out of the season. The MAXMIN file simply allows you to see the highest and lowest ratings in a file, so the highest (say 83) is stretched to 99 and the lowest (say 32) is stretched to 0. This goes before range operations, so you can reset those minimun/max values again, for instance shooting to 25-50, the 99 player now gets the top of 50 and the 0 player now gets the low of 25, so you can see why the order between those two operations is important. But I should have made a note saying it is unnecessary.
Last edited by dwayne2005 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
dwayne2005

Postby dwayne2005 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:01 am

---

No major changes. The preformatted player.dbf's have some different ranges (shooting from 15-40 to 16-43 and jumping from 0-99 to 0-75). I mainly just fixed up the rebound calculations in the project files before proceeding with NBA Live 2005 conversions. I also added in height into NBA Live 2003 ranges. They're just there for fun. The best way to use them would be with CPU & human team independent ranges. That way, you could leave all the other heights as they are, and get the most out of the human team by finding out the tallest (let's say 74 inches) and smallest (let's say 64 inches) for the human team. You'd change the human specific values from \1,=ROUND((((\2-63)/28)*(91-63))+63),\3 to \1,=ROUND((((\2-64)/10)*(73-63))+63),\3 which would make the human team miniature to the computer teams (no higher than 63 inches). :) It is not a serious procedure (more experimental to see if it can be used as a substitute for jumping in some cases), and as the data isn't kept elsewhere in the file, cannot be retrieved from the file at a later stage.

---

Conversions for 2005 and 2006 now work with the decimals in the player .csv's.

When I got started converting over to Live 2005, first time batch converting, I noticed a number of defficiencies. I added two .bkr files to split the appearance and players .dbf data from the .csv automatically to hopefully speed things up, but there are also issues with the 3 point frequency ratings. At some point, I overlooked where it was linking to in the conversion .bkr's. NBA Live 2005 was linking to the wrong field (free throw shooting) while NBA Live 2006 was linking to who knows where. Even though there is no 3pt rating in NBA Live 2003, I inserted a rating into one of the unused MVP fields. It is from there, it converts over to Live 2005 and 06. Now, I can't just insert the formula for calculating it there because the season simulation data is stripped from the file (I may in the future look to convert that data to another region of the file). I inserted it into my recalc file, at least something of a barebones calculation (sheer percent of FGs). I should redo all the 1979-08 seasons to get precise values for that rating, or try and come up with a better calculation based on the most frequent 3 point shooter and later add it to the range fields. There is still some stuff to do before I can move on to batch converting Live 2005 files.

---
Last edited by dwayne2005 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
dwayne2005

Postby dwayne2005 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:02 am

---

EDIT: I muddled up the 3PT frequency calculation (for Live 2005 and 06), which referred to the wrong 3PA and FGA fields in the .dbf/.csv files, using the past season stats instead; fixed. I've added the 3PT frequency calculation to the ABA recalculation files as well. I recalculated all seasons involved in 3PT shooting to get precise 3PT frequency ratings for direct conversion into Live 2005 and 06. And I added in height ranges to the range .bkr files for all the represented Live games; height ranges are 'just there' if you feel the game itself puts too much emphasis on height, but it does change the height field so should be used with caution ("\1,=ROUND((((\2-63)/28)*(91-63))+63)", works like the other ranges in that (91-63))+63 are the upper and lower thresholds, eg. (88-66))+66 shrinks the range 6 inches, but you can also use it another way, especially if you use a human team like in the provided file for Live 2003; let's say the height ranged 72-84 inches, a difference of 12 inches for that team, then you could edit it like =ROUND((((\2-63)/12)*(75-63))+63) which then accurately readjusts all players down to the lowest height threshold without reducing the inches between players). I've completely rewritten the .txt file for the Calibrator operation.

I added a 'cpu steal' option for pace correction in the calibration stuff for NBA Live 2005. I fixed up the way data is capped off in the calibrators, they now only cap off in the final hex output to get better top averages. I added a smaller 'shooting game' calibrator to focus solely on games which put more emphasis on records than simulation. I inserted 3 point shooting frequency into the weekly MVP field in the add seasons stuff. I fixed up issues with referencing that 3 point field when converting over to Live 2005 and 06. I fixed up that 3 point frequency calculation to all time best (99) vs alltime worst (0). I set the 'duplicate id roster sorting' fix in both Live 2005 and Live 06 player conversions to default (duplicate ids cause rosters to become corrupt when sorting players). I added a .bkr to split the appearance and players data from the converted file automatically. I done some minor touchups to the example range values for Live 2005, and added some new suggested 'realism' settings. I believe all of the preset NBA Live 2003 dbf's have slightly different range settings since the last download. A lot of stuff is now pre-extracted to directories, as well.

I still have to go through all 3 point shooting seasons to get precise figures for the 'project files' before converting a number of seasons over to Live 2005 (when/if I can be bothered).

I've played some games in NBA Live 2005 to try and get better realism settings, but I done so with no intention of breaking records. I realize now if you play more lazily, you can completely destroy any 'realism' that I have calibrated, hence the need for 'shooting game' calibration.

I played one lazy full game yesterday, and even though unrealistic I thought it was interesting. In 48 minutes with my calibrated settings, I lost 143 to 131 (Lakers vs Celtics, 1985-86; 65 all at half time), which is about 20 points too high for both teams for that time. It made me realize I should be turning over the ball more if I play like that, hence game pace now takes into account cpu steals. It wasn't a large enough loss, but I take heart in it being double digit. The cpu shot a ridiculous percentage from outside the arc (80+ percent from 13-20 shots, perhaps indicating my lazy defense means the CPU can kill me? or maybe the CPU settings are too high. I am optimistic I can use the 'shooting game' calibrator for medium and possibly short range shooting to bring my shooting in more, as it seemed to have the desired effect from behind the arc for me. Parish scored his first 13 shots, and finished with 38, so that wasn't too good. All of the Lakers played realistic numbers except Byron Scott, either he or Kareem lead the Lakers in points and probably to do with 3 point shooting; it helped starting AC Green over Michael Cooper on the cpu Lakers and moving Worthy back to SF--he scored a much more accurate tally than in previous tests, which were ridiculous (numbers like 5 points and 15 rebounds; I believe he had 18 points and 10 rebounds here).
dwayne2005

Postby dwayne2005 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:13 pm

Unless I can think of something pressing to do, I may take a break for a few months:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gea5k8hhp ... sR2m9j.exe
(fixed computer vs computer calculations for all block negated values in the calibrators, plus fixed the lines from the .bkr ExampleRANGE and QuickRANGE values which strip the spreadsheet of formulations without needing to revert to the backup file for those files only; added an adaptation of my calibrator for ranges and stats convert .bkr for NBA Live 2003 plus fixed a few things)

This version is functionally important if you use the 'recalculation' file for '79-08 with the intent to convert to NBA Live 2005 or 06. The 3PT Frequency calculation was referencing the wrong field, the past season stats (which coincidentally serve zero purpose that I can detect in the .dbf files). So while the ratings were accurate to the player, it was the players last season stats and rookies would get a 0 rating.

This version is more user friendly with the CALIBRATOR stuff, since I rewrote the whole README.txt file. I made some grammatical errors, but it explains everything far more orderly and clearly than before, it's a big difference if you couldn't figure out how to use it. The Calibrator stuff can run from any .dbf file you use, so if you want to 'calibrate' realism settings it should extent from my project. The only bit that depends on my project is the individual comparisons box which serves no real importance.

This version is a step up in goal. I've now recalculated all the seasons with 3PT shooting to generate accurate 3PT Frequency ratings for immediate conversion into Live 2005 or 06. The next step of my project was to pre-convert at least a number of seasons (say 1979-08) for NBA Live 2005 with the relevant ExampleRANGE[2005] .bkr set. But I'm not in a hurry to get this done, if at all since it can be done there anyway and just adds to the file size.

I played a number of games to get realism settings closer to the ExampleRANGE[2005].bkr ranges for NBA Live 2005. The realism settings can be found in the ExampleRANGE file and are only relevant to the file once the ranges have been applied to the file (they are also set to be as high as 255, so you need to copy the appropriate hex line into settings.dat with xvi32). There is presently one setting I have an issue with, which is Quickness. It is set to a very minimal 20-30 range, but it may need to a greater range. I have some trouble with Charles Barkley. But it may be also be due to the way Live 2005 overcalculates the influence of height why he is playing so poorly and many tall players have it extremely easy. As a result, I included 'height' ranges to all the games ExampleRANGE and QuickRANGE files, but it does change the display height and the relative height between players. The ExampleRANGE[2005] file retains original heights.

Explanation of the CALIBRATORS operation from my new archive:

PROCEDURE
---------

These Calibrator files endeavour to take a games statistical output and adjust the realism settings to find the most sim-like settings. The main calibration file can work with .dbf files not in my project.

The first step is to play a full game of your chosen length, I recommend doing so at the game default realism settings except for fatigue, as the default game realism settings are easy to copy and paste in the SettingsCALIBRATOR[2004][2005].ods spreadsheet. After the game, save each teams player stats (general game stats not utilized).

Then, open up ConvertPLAYERSTATS[200X].bkr. Set the file link to your NBA Live 2004 or 2005 player stats folder. Apply .bkr process using BK ReplaceEm.

Open up the reformatted player stats .txt files and copy them into the appropriate places in the SettingsCALIBRATOR[2004][2005].ods in the correct sequence: human team first [cell A9], computer team second [cell A26].

(The 100 cap SettingsCALIBRATOR[2004][2005].ods file caps off all adjusted settings to the in game limit of 100; the 255 cap file goes beyond the in game limit to the hex limit of 255, which can be entered into the SETTINGS.dat file with the hex editor xvi32.)

The next step would be to open up the DataTEAMS[ALL].csv and copy the two relevant teams lines into the SettingsCALIBRATOR[2004][2005].ods in the correct sequence: human team first [cell A2], computer team second [cell A3].

Next you should enter the played at settings into the PRESENT columns [B60-B68, G47-G68, L47-L68]. You can find the default realism settings in the RECORDS tab for copy and paste.

(The next step would be set certain weightings, options and difficulty values, but I'll get to them a little further on.)

On the RECORDS tab, the uncapped adjusted realism settings are in the column B2-B56. Copy those values and paste it into the column called GAME 0 [cells I2-I56] using paste special (deselect 'paste all', then deselect all boxes except 'numbers').

The capped numbers are found either in column U2-U56 or in the hex at the bottom of the PROCESS tab. The hex at cells A75 and A89 are the present game adjustments. The hex at cells A81 and A95 are the average adjustments of the game adjustments stored in RECORDS (NOTE: the first game, GAME 0, isn't set to be counted towards the average hence it'll read #DIV/0!, and it'll take 2 more games to get an average). Copy the relevant hex.

(The smaller hex codes beneathe the others beginning with At: are the played at hex codes based on the PRESENT values entered in on the PROCESS tab. These are to help identify the location of the hex values in SETTINGS.dat for xvi32.)

Extract the xvi32 archive. With this utility, open up the NBA Live SETTINGS.dat file. Find the location of the start of the string at 0000:0035 (NBA Live 2005) or 0000:0104 (NBA Live 2004). Go to Edit/Overwrite string... select 'hex string' and paste the hex in the box. OK it and save the file. The new settings are ready to play.

On your second game, copy the played at settings into the PRESENT boxes in the PROCESS tab (before inserting in the game statistics so they don't change) from the capped column in the RECORDS tab [cells U2-U56]. Then proceed to reformat the player stats with ConvertPLAYERSTATS[200X].bkr and copy them into the relevant cells as above. Set the weightings (if necessary). And finally, copy the uncapped current adjustments from cell B2-B56 into GAME 1, 2, 3...

STATISTICAL COMPARISON BOX
--------------------------

In SettingsCALIBRATOR[2004][2005].ods at cell beginning P43 you'll notice some player comparisons, which attempts to compare players with their real life stats (100% = accurate). To do this, it needs the season specific stats from my PLAYERS.dbf/.csv files and then to insert those stats into the player stats files (notice that in the provided SettingsCALIBRATOR[2004][2005].ods file, beginning at V9 these stats are stored in addition to the game stats and extend beyond the headers, which means the player played for multiple teams that season and the first lot, the numbers used for comparison, may not automatically reflect the correct team).

In the CALIBRATORS directory, there is a file called ConvertDBFtoBKR[200X].bkr. Apply this to one of my PLAYERS.csv files. Retitle the result ConvertPLAYERSTATS[200X].bkr. The currently provided ConvertPLAYERSTATS[2005].bkr file is preset to the 1979-80 season and will produce meaningless results for other seasons, but have no functional effect. This step is unimportant and not utilized in any formulation.

OPTIONS
-------

To get the right output, some of these settings are essential.

This spreadsheet does not attempt to take a games stats and adjust it to a real life game stats as might be assumed. What it instead does is ratios various values to other values to attempt to get the correct game stats. For example, the correct ratio of offensive rebounds to defensive rebounds, not the correct amount of offensive or defensive rebounds on average in a full game. This way, if say a human player shot twice as many shots and was blocked twice as frequently as expected, rather than having one process slow the game down to half speed and another halving amount of blocks what this does is determines the amount of blocks was accurate to the amount of shots and separates it from the issue of the games pace.

With the ACCELERATED option, if set to 0 the game pace is set to per minute expectancies. If you play four 6 minute quarters, you can expect half the stats of an accurate 48 minute game. Four 3 minute quarters, 1/4th the amount of stats. If you play an overtime period, it should set the values consistent with a 48 minute game with overtime periods. However, if set to 1, it does what it suggests: it accelerates gameplay. If you play at four 6 minute quarters, it will double the pace to try to generate an accurate accelerated 48 minute game. This presents a problem with overtime periods and if such a scenario occurs, it is recommended you save the stats for processing before playing OT, as it will either accelerate gameplay or decelerate (if total minutes played at is greater than 48) gameplay inconsistent with your other games. Accelerated gameplay is sadly not properly given with the NBA Live games, the clocks (including shot clock) should move faster for it to be ideal.

If MIDRANGE FORMAT is set to 1, mid range shooting is adjusted to attempt to get FG% to accurate levels. This is despite the amount of 3 point FGs a player attempts. 90% of the game could be shot from behind the 3PT line, and the overall teams shooting percentage might be around 33%, for example. Let's say the teams average FG% is 45%, with this option set to 1, it would increase midrange shooting to try and get the average up tp 45% despite how many 3 pointers were shot. This could conceivably have the effect of encouraging players to shoot more midrange shots, but is also unrealistic. 0 is recommended. With 0 set, it is the same as short range shots, based on 2 point FG's only.

FT FORMAT should be fairly clear: 0 sets it to take into account both teams; 1 sets it to be based on human shooting; while 2 sets it just to computer shooting.

FGA MINUS BLOCKS is for greater refinement of data regarding the amount of potential rebounds and accurate shooting percentage. An imperfection in Live 2005 (and 2004 also, I believe, perhaps even more so) is that not all blocks count as a FGA. Some block shots or ones that blur the lines between intercepts and blocks but count as blocks are not registered as FGA's despite the player going up for a shot. If it had proper statistical keeping, it'd be straight forward: 1, 100% remove all blocks from the FGA count. But if I had to guess, I'd say the number is more like 80% for NBA Live 2005, or 0.8. So this option isn't simply on/off, 1/0, but shades of grey. It is set to 1 by default.

DIFFICULTY
----------

Beginning at L44 are the difficulty settings. Neutral makes it harder for both CPU and human in regards to the realism fields that apply to both teams (FT shooting, for instance), while human difficulty divides its corresponding settings and computer difficulty multiples its corresponding the settings. Setting all to, say, 1.1 would result in both teams having a harder game on the free throw line, it will result in the human player having a 1.1 harder game in regards to the human settings and the computer player having an easier game in regards to the computer settings.

WEIGHTINGS
----------

The box beginning at A43 are the weightings split into 6: fouls, user steals, user blocks, cpu steals, cpu blocks and speed format. What I mean by weightings is that all the corresponding values impact each other. With user steals, for instance, the two values are summed up and the share of the change is appropriately proportioned between the two user steal settings. If both read 1 or are equal, they get a 50% share between them. If one reads 2 and the other 1, then the one that gets a 2 will get 66% share (2/(2+1)). If one has 0 (where possible), it gets a 0% share and is effectively switched off in the calculations, while the full change is still evenly divided amongst the other values.

All of them should be pretty much self-explanatory, except for SPEED FORMAT. There are 5 fields where the game pace adjustment can be distributed to try and effect or persuade the player to play at a lower speed to get an accurate sim. By default, it is distributed 4 ways. Game speed effects the game speed value. If all the others are set to 0 and game speed is set to 1, all of the change is carried by the game speed setting reducing the rate in which the players run up the court. If shot difficulty is set, then it makes the human shooting more difficult to try and encourage the player to take his time with his shots. If the cpu block setting is set, it makes the computer player a better shot blocker. If the cpu steals setting is set, it makes the PC better at steals and intercepts. And finally, if sim length is set, it suggests a different quarter length; turn all the rest to off (0) and then only a different sim length will be suggested. Again, all these values are summed up and divided amongst one another as shares. Sometimes there isn't enough change when it is divided up 4 ways and you may exclude ones from game to game in order to get numbers to move in a desired manner.

COMPUTER VS COMPUTER
--------------------

If you should wish to do this, you need to set computer players at B7 to 2. Then you should copy the blue row beginning A4 and paste special (text and numbers only) into the rows beginning A2 and A3. Then all human influenced speed format weightings (shot difficulty, cpu blocks and cpu steals) should be switched to off (0).
dwayne2005

Postby dwayne2005 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:44 am

MediaFire is telling me there may have been a download of my last 9j file, if so I should state that the RangeCALIBRATOR[ALL] file is erroneous. For some reason, I've been having a helluva time trying to get my head around the E56/F56 and L56/M56 adjustments to the ranges. Somewhere along the lines, I managed to upload an erroneous calculation with an even more erroneous one that didn't properly insert the OFFSET (now RANGE) values. I've changed the lines to:

ROUND((((C56-B56)*D56)-C56)-G56) and ROUND(((B56+(C56-B56)*D56))+G56) and they properly take into account the RANGE +/- value. C56 is the high range, B56 is the low range and D56 is the change factor. So (C56-B56) calculates the range, D56 multiples it and then the result either negates the high range or adds the low range. G56 is the RANGE (+/-) value, which should negate one side and increase the other. I can see ROUND(((B56+(C56-B56)*D56))+G56) should be ROUND((((C56-B56)*D56)+B56)+G56) for a cleaner equation, but anyway it doesn't effect the output and I'll clean it up later.

I can't believe how much wrangling it was for such a simple calculation, and even now after so many failures to get the right output in all cases I'm suspicious of it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ke5bt8imqqp1qrq/HistoricRostersR2m9p.exe

9k features:
- There is now a lock range setting for the RangesCALIBRATOR.
- Added league averages (team averages not game averages) for DataTEAM[ALL].csv.
- Slightly adjusted the README.txt file for CALIBRATORS.

This new '9j' version features:

- New RangesCALIBRATOR[ALL] spreadsheet which can work for all the NBA Live games provided I have supplied the .bkr statistics conversion file (presently only 2003, 2004 and 2005), which hopefully works the way it was intended now. (Should like to set a lock range setting at some point.)
- New ConvertPLAYERSTATS[2003] for importing stats into that spreadsheet.
- I've changed the way the ConvertPLAYERSTATS[xxxx] files output the file, they now don't change the source files and insert the files into a subdir in the CALIBRATORS directory (PSTATS/).
- I've fixed up the ConvertDBDtoBKR[xxxx] files, which oddly had one too empty lines in there and rendered them totally faulty all this time and I didn't realize it. This Convert option which converts a PLAYERS.csv to a ConvertPLAYERSTATS[xxxx] file with relevant season specific statistics for comparison purposes in the RealismCALIBRATOR[2004][2005] spreadsheet no longer overwrites the PLAYERS.csv and the outputted file (ConvertPLAYERSTATS[xxxx]) no longer requires retitling.
- In the RANGES .bkr files, there are two lines at the start of each file, the first looks like this: {}p=ROUND\(\(\(([0-9.]*)\/[0-9.]*\)\*\([0-9.]*\-[0-9.]*\)\)\+[0-9.]*\). These remove the previous formulations without needing to revert to the bkr backup file. Only the RANGE .bkr's have this luxury, but it allows you to change ranges on the fly. That was defective in the last release because I didn't factor into account decimal points in the new PLAYER.csv ratings. Before, it was {}p=ROUND\(\(\(([0-9]*)\/[0-9]*\)\*\([0-9]*\-[0-9]*\)\)\+[0-9]*\) and would force you to revert to the bkr backup.
dwayne2005

Previous

Return to NBA Live 2003