A few problems...

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

A few problems...

Postby El Modd3R on Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:58 am

Ok I will try to explain this the best I can with some pictures:

Both problems have to do with making portraits, however I have a few problems with programs I am using.

First, I chose an original and working PLYRPart from Aaron McKie who is in the original 2005 game, however, when I try to extract the 4 files from his player part, I find that I cannot extract the contents inside the player file (.apt, .const, .fsh, .ebo) How can I get it so I can extract those 4 inter files?

The next problem I have is importing texture that is from a png format. All fshx supports for importing graphics are BMP files.

Normally it's supposed to look like this:

However because mine's not a PNG format picture, it has a black background like this:

How can I make it so that I can get fshx to read PNG file formats, OR erase the black backgrounds to make it transparent, because the tutorial said transparency can only be saved through PNG formats.
Defense? In the NBA? No.
El Modd3R

Re: A few problems...

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:20 am

Use DOLFFIN to extract the portrait files instead of the EA Graphics Editor.

FshX can import png files, they're just not selectable by default. If you type in the filename in the Open window (eg newportrait.png), you can select a png file for importing.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby doktor on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:21 am

Sorry I do not know but I must say finally someone to patch live 2005!
GO CELTICS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m1SUaAXR5Y It is all about playing with HEART!

My little nba live 08 thread viewtopic.php?f=75&t=79496
Just started live 05 thread viewtopic.php?f=42&t=84449
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/5830/16567.gif
doktor

Postby El Modd3R on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:55 pm

Alright so I downloaded DOLFFIN and now I am having problems importing. How do I import the new renamed files for the original files. Whenever I select a file to import I select it and open it but the .ebo, .fsh, .const, .apt remain the same. Basically I want to rename the files and edit the one .ebo file because the ID is wrong, however I can't seem to import. Any help?
Defense? In the NBA? No.
El Modd3R

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:37 am

Highlight the file you wish to import to/overwrite, and select Import Blob; make sure the file you're importing has the same name as the one you're replacing, or the import won't work.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby el_valero on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:22 pm

You can import PNG files. You write the name of the file in the area

el_valero

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:53 am

Indeed you can, but he's referring to importing with DOLFFIN.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby El Modd3R on Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:27 pm

Andrew wrote:Highlight the file you wish to import to/overwrite, and select Import Blob; make sure the file you're importing has the same name as the one you're replacing, or the import won't work.

The problem is that the original file for the PLYRParts for a man named GRSTIEM are misspelled with GESTIEM and therefore when I want to import the 4 files into the PLYRPARTS folder, I can't because the original ones are GE instead of GR.
Defense? In the NBA? No.
El Modd3R

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:21 pm

Then either rename the files you're importing to match the misspelled name or use an Hex Editor to open the .big file and change all instances of GESTIEM and gestiem to GRSTIEM and grstiem respectively.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 2005