The Live Series so far is too soft

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

The Live Series so far is too soft

Postby malice_05 on Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:59 am

The past 4 Live games have all been so soft when it comes to the CPU. Yes Live has the comeback code but the CPU is very stupid when it comes to deficits by 1 or 2 late in game. I was playin a game and wus up by 3. There is 44 sec. left and the CPU takes a TO! It then took a 3. I got the ball back, missed my FG. They then took another TO. There was 33 secs left. They then attempted another 3. they got it. I then scored easily. So i was up by 2 with about 12 sec left and the CPU didnt take a TO. They attempted another 3 and got a foul. The CPU made 2 out of the 3 FTs. I however missed my FG. We went to OT. I outscored the CPU 16-4 because the CPU attempted such early 3PTs for no reason. Wuzup wit dat???
Live 05 needs to fix this and create some sort of adrenalin/emotion/crunch time feature in which in the last couple secs in the game when the CPU has the ball it makes smart decisions.

EA shouldnt be addin so many new features witout fixin the old bugs 1st.
malice_05

Postby Donatello on Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:11 pm

no offense, because I really do agree that changes need to be made....but what you just described doesn't really sound very different from a real nba game. :D
Donatello
Dongatello

Re: The Live Series so far is too soft

Postby Carmo on Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:17 pm

malice_05 wrote:The past 4 Live games have all been so soft when it comes to the CPU. Yes Live has the comeback code but the CPU is very stupid when it comes to deficits by 1 or 2 late in game. I was playin a game and wus up by 3. There is 44 sec. left and the CPU takes a TO! It then took a 3. I got the ball back, missed my FG. They then took another TO. There was 33 secs left. They then attempted another 3. they got it. I then scored easily. So i was up by 2 with about 12 sec left and the CPU didnt take a TO. They attempted another 3 and got a foul. The CPU made 2 out of the 3 FTs. I however missed my FG. We went to OT. I outscored the CPU 16-4 because the CPU attempted such early 3PTs for no reason. Wuzup wit dat???
Live 05 needs to fix this and create some sort of adrenalin/emotion/crunch time feature in which in the last couple secs in the game when the CPU has the ball it makes smart decisions.

EA shouldnt be addin so many new features witout fixin the old bugs 1st.

Tell me how a computer game can be soft and then I might start to believe you!
Carmo

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:32 pm

I agree that there are some issues that need to be addressed and are more important than adding a dunk contest, but it's not as though EA haven't fixed up any of the smaller details in recent years. If they didn't add anything new, there would be complaints.

It's similar to the situation with the Legends and classic teams. Most people would love to see more Legends and classic teams in NBA Live, even if it means some of the players have fake names. On the other hand, some people would complain as they would rather not have the feature if it was not 100% accurate.

As far as the challenge and the CPU's performance late in the game go, the key is to have a game that is challenging but does not "cheat" or play unrealistically. Since most fans of NBA Live seem to prefer realism (myself included), I'd imagine that would be most people's wish in regards to the challenge and the difficulty.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Metsis on Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:06 pm

The AI probably didn't take a timeout the last time since he had no left... That happens when you don't have the 20 second timeouts.

I have noticed too that the overtime AI is flawed... It should be re-done.

These are the small things that aren't publicly fixed cause no one but the hard core fans care about this stuff...

Little things like these are always fine tuned/fixed to the next release. There just is no market value in it. They often advertise how revolutionary the AI is etc. etc. But never more specific.

That's the deal... Live with it. How many people would be hyped about a game that advertises with 'Several new tweaks and fixes compared to last years edition'... About 0,4 guys in the world would get hyped about that.
Metsis

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:00 pm

Exactly. Refinements to the gameplay are never described in detail in the list of Key Features, partly because the words "Improved Gameplay" suggest a lot of attention has been given to the finer points of the game, and as Metsis noted it's not exactly a selling point.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 2005