NEW! Comprehensive Dynasty Mode Real Dollar salary cap!

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

NEW! Comprehensive Dynasty Mode Real Dollar salary cap!

Postby kp4life on Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:21 am

I'm not sure if this has been already mentioned or not but
in the dynasty mode we are gonna be able to manage the salary cap using real dollars for the first time. And i saw some threads worrying about free agency problem like signing Kobe in minimum. I think that will be fixed too according to ea sports.

**NEW! Comprehensive Dynasty Mode: Be the architect of your own unstoppable dynasty, and watch your franchise flourish for 25 seasons. Jump into games with simulation intervention and use the customizable PDA to stay updated with important league news, team information, and other announcements. New free agency logic allows users to negotiate contracts and manage the salary cap using real dollars for the first time.**

http://www.easports.com/e3/2004/nbalive.jsp
here is the link ~
kp4life

Postby Jay-Peso on Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:30 am

NBA Live is just got to prove how much better it is than ESPN.

Finally they put the icing on the cake in many areas :lol:
What you know bout that?
Jay-Peso

Postby Shadow on Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:32 am

They updated the site, that's some great news :D. Finally real money. I cant wait till October.
Shadow

Postby Sauru on Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:08 am

ok i am being overloaded with amazing info today. this was another thing i really wanted fixed with nba live. so far they really seem to be stepping up to the plate and are set to deliver the best bball game to date.

edit: i didnt notice this the first time i read it but this is probably the best piece of info from your post "New free agency logic allows users to negotiate contracts ". not sure if others will agree but i this was probably my fav part of madden(fighting for free agents). and now we got it in live. damn i cant wait now.
Sauru

Postby GordonBulls on Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:31 pm

its bout time they stopped fucking messing wit us, and got serious
GordonBulls

Postby Bill Russell on Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:25 pm

If NBA Live 2005 uses Madden's offseason, man, that'd be a dream come true (Y)
Bill Russell

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:40 pm

That's a nice touch. We've known about the free agent negotiations for a while, but the real salaries are new. The NBA must have relaxed their policy. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby GordonBulls on Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:39 am

what policy?
GordonBulls

Postby Jackal on Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:46 am

We didn't have real dollar figures in the game because the NBA had this policy that they didn't want salaries of NBA players to be disclosed, thus we had to make do with the "points" system. :wink:
Jackal

Postby GordonBulls on Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:32 am

thanks, did they have any other policies on the game?
GordonBulls

Postby Sauru on Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:28 am

that never made any sense to me. every time a player signs we hear around what he is makeing so what was the big deal anyway?
Sauru

Postby Jackal on Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:06 am

GordonBulls wrote:thanks, did they have any other policies on the game?

Hmm, I don't think it's a NBA policy, but some we don't get Legend Teams or Past Teams because some of the players do not wish to be added on that team or due to legal issues cannot be added to the roster.

Thus, say you're planning to add the real Show Time Lakers, say Magic Johnson has some legal stuff that he's bound to another game or whatever, he wont be on the roster, thus you'd just have Number 32 at PG on the Lakers' roster. Remember last year we were supposed to have legend teams, but didnt? Well, that's the reason.

That's also the reason why someone like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar isn't in the Legends' pool.

Correct me if I'm wrong here guys. I could be a bit off, but I know it had to do with legal stuff.

Sauru, beats me, David Stern is a moron, he acts all high and mighty, no no, not us, we won't disclose the salaries blah blah blah. Since all other games have allowed it, I guess he just lifted the whole ban on the no dollar amounts. Anyways, who cares, atleast we have it this year.

I just hope they don't pull back, EA I mean, last year we were really excited about Legend Teams, then due to before mentioned reasons, they scrapped. I know it wasn't their fault, but please, please don't scrap anything you guys have promised us this time. We have too much faith for it to happen to us. :cry:
Jackal

Postby GordonBulls on Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:51 am

amen to that
GordonBulls

Postby Alcoholic on Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:24 am

I don't really care about points or dollars. I mean, ingame, if you see 1,000,000, of course its 1 million bux, whats it gonna be? 1 million cents?
Alcoholic

Postby Jackal on Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:31 am

Alcoholic wrote:I don't really care about points or dollars. I mean, ingame, if you see 1,000,000, of course its 1 million bux, whats it gonna be? 1 million cents?

It adds to realism, my friend.

Dollar > Points.
Jackal

Postby GordonBulls on Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:46 pm

amen to that also
GordonBulls

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:12 pm

The NBA also has a policy about technical fouls and fights - they won't allow EA to put them in the game (although in previous interviews EA have mentioned that they're not keen on putting fights in the game even if they were allowed to).
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby GordonBulls on Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:06 pm

man are u kidding me, that has to be in the Live series eventually, but they should make it how they do it in the NBA, when the fight only when its a hard foul or something like that
GordonBulls

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:19 pm

My guess is that tech fouls might someday be approved, but not fights since the league has a stern view upon them. In my opinion, they don't occur often enough to be implemented in the game anyway, though technicals wouldn't be so bad (unless they were completely random).
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:51 pm

only way i personally would want to see tech fouls added to nba live is if they added a option to argue with the ref after a call/no call. then if you argue to much you get hit with a T. sometimes if you argue the next play they give you a make up call. though personally i dont really care if this ever made it into live and i personally am happy without techs.

would like to see more flagrent fouls when a guy is running the break and someone hits him from behind as he is about to dunk it. again i can live without it but i would rather see that first. a flagrent without a injury.
Sauru

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:11 pm

Sauru wrote:only way i personally would want to see tech fouls added to nba live is if they added a option to argue with the ref after a call/no call. then if you argue to much you get hit with a T. sometimes if you argue the next play they give you a make up call. though personally i dont really care if this ever made it into live and i personally am happy without techs.

wow, that has to be the first argument for technical fouls that actually makes sense and would actually work... (Y)
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Colin on Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:30 am

qballer wrote:
Sauru wrote:only way i personally would want to see tech fouls added to nba live is if they added a option to argue with the ref after a call/no call. then if you argue to much you get hit with a T. sometimes if you argue the next play they give you a make up call. though personally i dont really care if this ever made it into live and i personally am happy without techs.

wow, that has to be the first argument for technical fouls that actually makes sense and would actually work... (Y)
it has been mentioned before but it's still a great idea. Seems that EA has run out of buttons to do that though.
C#
Pretty Flaco
Colin

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:05 pm

Sauru wrote:would like to see more flagrent fouls when a guy is running the break and someone hits him from behind as he is about to dunk it. again i can live without it but i would rather see that first. a flagrent without a injury.

I agree. That's always been a regular item in the wishlist, flagrant fouls that do not result in injuries. Of course, NBA Live 2004 doesn't have many flagrant fouls but injuries did occur so it wasn't so much of an issue, but it's a small detail with the rules and gameplay that would add a little more realism.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Alibabafumanchu on Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:03 pm

Buttons aren't a problem. They could always do what GoldenEye did. An that is, hold a button, and press another. Keep pressing it to keep arguing.
Alibabafumanchu

Postby Ataraxia on Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:22 am

I dont want fights in a Live game....it'll make it look like the NHL :lol: ....I mean and it'll be arcadish to have a fight....hehehe imagine Sheed starts a fight with Shaq :lol: ...or even better...Boykins vs Shaq :lol: ....it'll be a bit stupid....never had fights....t-fouls are really important...yeh it'll add to realism....hmm maybe they can give t-fouls to the coaches...hehe like when the teams getting whooped the coach gets pissed off and jumps onto the court and gets t-ed up....and this leads to all your players getting PUMPED UP.... :) ...just my opinion :)
Ataraxia

Next

Return to NBA Live 2005