Every Player on NBA Live 2005 needs to have their own style

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

Every Player on NBA Live 2005 needs to have their own style

Postby keithpetty on Sun May 30, 2004 2:42 pm

On NBA Live 2005 every player needs to have their own shoes, free throw shots, jump shots, set shot, passes, dunks, dribbling, and other stuff that nba players have and do in the NBA. All of this will definely make this game this best game ever created. What is everybody else idea on every NBA Player having their own style on NBA Live 2005.
keithpetty

Postby username2004 on Sun May 30, 2004 3:12 pm

I don't know how many players have an individual style that sets them apart other than their game, and even if they do, I damn sure don't know and wouldn't want to be the guy that had to find out what 350 peoples "style" was.

Good idea though, I mean it would be nice to have a sense of who these players are that you sign. Maybe in that way you could have scheduled workouts for prospective players, or practices for your team?
username2004

Postby Andrew on Sun May 30, 2004 3:54 pm

That might be difficult to implement, but a few more shooting styles (plus the ability to designate which shooting animation a player would use) would be nice.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Colin on Sun May 30, 2004 4:33 pm

a few shooting styles I'd like to see. The 'keep the ball above the head' shot that KG and Yao Ming use, and the 'spread eagle' shot that Tayshaun and Matrix use with tehir elbows all over the place.
C#
Pretty Flaco
Colin

Postby fgrep15 on Sun May 30, 2004 4:35 pm

Yea have not only different shooting styles, but also post moves, dribbling stlye, movement etc.
You don't want to have Shaq dribbling like he's Kidd, or Billups doing the same post moves as Shaq.

Have these individual shooting styles, Shaq, Marion, Redd, Peja, KG, Kidd

Then Have:

1) Catch and Shoot players: Jon Barry, Hoiberg etc: Use Allan Houstons shot

2) Shooters: Nash, Dirk, Rip etc: Use Nash or Rips form

3) Big men: Webber, Yao, Juwan Howard: Use Webber or Yao's form

4) Guys that can't really shoot: Madsen, Pryzibilla etc: Pick one

5) High Elevation Shooters: Ray Allen, Tmac, Kobe, Vince,

So that would be 10 different shot form mo-caps that they'd have to do.
Last edited by fgrep15 on Sun May 30, 2004 4:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CP3 | Brand | Arenas | Calderon
Raptors | Wizards | Clippers
fgrep15

Postby Andrew on Sun May 30, 2004 4:40 pm

You could get away with around 10 different styles. Not every player has a distinct jumpshot form, many players have slight variations on the "textbook" form. A few different styles for players with jumpshot forms that really stand out would be a nice touch; most of the players could afford to have generic jumpshots and moves.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby hmm on Mon May 31, 2004 12:36 am

Last edited by hmm on Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
hmm

Postby matmat8 on Mon May 31, 2004 2:07 am

So does nba live :arrow: van excel...hmmm.... :P
matmat8

Postby madskillz on Mon May 31, 2004 5:39 am

They could/can/should/must do this...

They have enough money so why not?
madskillz

Postby Ruff Ryder on Mon May 31, 2004 6:19 am

madskillz wrote:They could/can/should/must do this...

They have enough money so why not?

What does money have to do with this?

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby Metsis on Mon May 31, 2004 3:54 pm

Money talks, bullsheit walks... Money influences everything and all that mo-cappin ain't cheap.

A couple forms per body size would be nice to see. A couple of forms for guards, couple for forwards and a couple for centers.

You could probably get away with 8 forms pretty well... 3 for guards and forwards and 2 for centers. As there are few centers in the game and all the big guys don't shoot the ball too much.

You could also make the shot forms linked to size like players under 6'8" would shoot using the guard forms, 6'9" to 6'11" would use forward forms and 7'0" and up would use center forms. Also you could use a system based on the shooting skill. If a player is a good shooter, the shot would be more fluid and if it was a bad shooter, the shots would be pretty rigid.

Those two systems I'd almost go for. Especially with the one that is based on skill.
Metsis

Postby hmm on Mon May 31, 2004 10:30 pm

Last edited by hmm on Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
hmm

Postby EGarrett on Mon May 31, 2004 11:44 pm

Triple-post fixed.

In MVP Baseball, you can pick from around 20-30 swing styles for your player. Live wouldn't be that different.

The main variation I see in people's jump shots is whether or not they jump, and the height of their release.

What about two options to control that? Shot Leap: None, Hop, High Jump. And Release Point: Chin, Forehead, Above Head, Full Height.

You could approximate most everyone's jump shot with those two options. T-Mac and Kobe, both High Jump, Above Head. Rasheed Wallace, Garnett, both Hop, Full Height.

You could put in custom styles for Peja, Shaq and Shawn Marion. But everyone else could just use those two settings.
EGarrett

Postby Metsis on Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:54 pm

Homer wrote:Metsis why did you post three times.Also EA has bunch of money but they are not improving the game.
THE REASON: To sell every year.

I've had trouble submitting the posts... It's been going on for a couple of days now.

Might be a little bit of that, but I believe they don't want to try to do too much to get a product out in the required time. A year to make a game is quite a short time.
Metsis

Postby Jay-Peso on Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:12 am

EGarrett wrote:Triple-post fixed.

In MVP Baseball, you can pick from around 20-30 swing styles for your player. Live wouldn't be that different.

The main variation I see in people's jump shots is whether or not they jump, and the height of their release.

What about two options to control that? Shot Leap: None, Hop, High Jump. And Release Point: Chin, Forehead, Above Head, Full Height.

You could approximate most everyone's jump shot with those two options. T-Mac and Kobe, both High Jump, Above Head. Rasheed Wallace, Garnett, both Hop, Full Height.

You could put in custom styles for Peja, Shaq and Shawn Marion. But everyone else could just use those two settings.

I could not have said it better myself because pretty much everybody in the NBA have different shots but its either the same forum with more arc or same form with lower arc and etc.(what EGarret said)

This would make it more realistic and I would also like to see the Shaq free throw implemented in the game this year :P
What you know bout that?
Jay-Peso

Postby Alcoholic on Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:09 am

Yeah one of the biggest things they could do to seperate shooters in the NBA is whether they jump or not! Get some different in air shots like D-Fish and Peja then get some non-jumping shots like Tim Duncan's long range ones and that kind of shot Luke Walton shoots.
Alcoholic

Return to NBA Live 2005