Nba Live 2005 : New camera angle awaited...

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

Nba Live 2005 : New camera angle awaited...

Postby bb14 on Wed May 26, 2004 3:02 am

Since Nba live 99, the camera view are still the same !
I expect that EASPORTS will add new cameras in Live 2005 or will let we choose the view angle. (like for the replays)

The most of the actual cameras view are unusable...
bb14

Postby havasufalls on Wed May 26, 2004 5:08 am

yea i wouldnt mind a more variety of angles
DA MAN HAS SPOKEN
havasufalls

Postby guillus2670 on Wed May 26, 2004 5:45 am

The angles are ok for me...
I would like to see a lot of other improvements before that...
guillus2670

Postby KillaCam1100 on Wed May 26, 2004 6:24 am

guillus2670 wrote:The angles are ok for me...
I would like to see a lot of other improvements before that...

yea...
KillaCam1100

Postby Jay-Peso on Wed May 26, 2004 6:55 am

I do not mind the camera angles now but I would like to see all of the camera angles being capable of being played with. Some of the camera angles are unusable as you already said. I don't mind the default view the way it is because that is all I use now and I am use to it. I do hope they come out with some new angles to try rather than being behind the ball(that is what I play with).

We'll see :D

INFRAR3D
What you know bout that?
Jay-Peso

Postby Andrew on Wed May 26, 2004 7:04 pm

The press camera angle from older Lives (Live 96 to Live 2002 to be specific) was probably a little closer to the angle that is most frequently used during television broadcasts. I also believe that press should be the default angle, though it's easy enough to change when you're setting up the game.

A few new camera angles in Instant Replay would be nice, though as far as gameplay is concerned I'd settle for a slight change to the press camera angle.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby WalleO on Thu May 27, 2004 6:47 am

I wish they came up with a multi-view like in 99 but go a step further. you can customize the views in the 3 main ways you can have the ball
1. when inbounding- for this i would choose the behind the back view so i can see players ahead of the court
2. when walking/running up the court after inbounding- for thsi i would choose the sideline since im more focused on the player with the ball and the defence player approaching me
3. After i cross the halfcourt- for this i would choose presscourt so i can get a full view of all the players involved.

this would be the best way to implement the camera angles i think
WalleO

Postby bb14 on Thu May 27, 2004 7:22 am

guillus2670 wrote: "The angles are ok for me...
I would like to see a lot of other improvements before that... "

Yes, but for me, ALL the game must be improved...
Live 2004 is not a simulation (like was Live 2000), it's just an arcade game (with cartoonish graphic and too much fast-breaks...)

It's too easy, like there is no other alternative on the market, everybody says "the latest version of Nba live is the best"...I do not agree.

I'm ready to pay for a "Revolutionary Nba Live 2005" and not for an "2004 updated version" !!
The answer in november...
bb14

Postby Andrew on Thu May 27, 2004 4:05 pm

bb14 wrote:Live 2004 is not a simulation (like was Live 2000), it's just an arcade game (with cartoonish graphic and too much fast-breaks...)

I have to disagree there. For me, NBA Live 2004 was the most realistic, after a few slider tweaks. NBA Live 2000 featured scores in the 120s and above, as well as plenty of blocks and other unrealistic stats. The animations are also inferior to recent games, especially some of the dunks, layups and the jumpshot animation.

NBA Live 2000 wasn't a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, but I feel that it's a little overrated these days. It had its share of problems that a lot of people seem to overlook these days. I'm not saying that the current Lives are perfect, I certainly have my complaints, but a lot of people criticise them for problems that were present in the older Lives, but have since been forgotten.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Metsis on Thu May 27, 2004 4:55 pm

Fast breaking has always been a problem... The problem primarily being that defenders don't run to defend as they should. Also the long bomb passing has always been too easy. Some of them long passes should end up out of bounds, either by a bad pass or the runner unable to catch the pass. This should definately feel the passing rating.

And the passing rating should have more effect throughout... As there are bad passers, good passers and then "Jason Kidd good" passers. And there is a difference here... I as a pretty good passer can tell you that it makes all the difference in the world. You can really feed players with good passes and you ruin any good scoring opportunity with a bad pass and this is a fact. There are players in the league that aren't great scorers playing, but thrive with the passing game. Take TJ Ford for example. BTW I hope he gets well from that spine injury, cause he was an exciting player to watch and has tons of potential to become one of the great point guards in the league.
Metsis

Postby Andrew on Thu May 27, 2004 5:56 pm

A few more errant passes would be nice, and would certainly reduce the number of easy fast breaks. Even the best passers have the occasional slip up, especially if the intended receiver's ballhandling abilities are suspect. Mind you, it's another case of being careful for what we wish for. I wouldn't like to see too many passes go astray, leading to obscenely unrealistic turnover numbers. As with any feature, if it's too random, it will likely be unrealistic and certainly less fun.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Metsis on Thu May 27, 2004 8:23 pm

Andrew wrote:A few more errant passes would be nice, and would certainly reduce the number of easy fast breaks. Even the best passers have the occasional slip up, especially if the intended receiver's ballhandling abilities are suspect. Mind you, it's another case of being careful for what we wish for. I wouldn't like to see too many passes go astray, leading to obscenely unrealistic turnover numbers. As with any feature, if it's too random, it will likely be unrealistic and certainly less fun.

You know how these things go... It's quite hard to get it right... Now you can lob the ball to half court even before the rebounding guy hits the floor and that is just unrealistic. With uncanny accuracy. Turn over numbers are already high due to the fact that all deflected out of bounds balls result in a turn over for the defending team. WHICH IS SO WRONG I CAN'T EVEN SAY! Someone should really go and talk to the guys that keep the stats...

Same goes with stealing... When a guy knocks the ball off of someones hands and his team mate then picks up the loose ball, the guy who picks up the loose ball DOES NOT get the steal, but rather the player that knocked the ball off of the hands of the opposition. Rebounding is the same, the guy that first touches the ball from the team that eventually gets rebound even if another player does get the final handle on the ball.

Maybe make a pass from traffic underneath the hoop to half court. You would get the pass off, but it would be a relatively good one. Like maybe not going straight to the attacking players hands or that he would have to slow down to receive the ball or run a little sideways to get the ball. Again this would be quite hard for the player, but if you'd get used to it, it would add a lot more realism.

The best fix still would be that the defenders run to defend and not start running when their guy 10 feet ahead get the ball. If you are playing a game of real hoops and you see your guy running up the floor, you do everything and I mean everything to catch up to him. Not just after he gets the ball as everyone knows that it's too late to do anything then.

Another thing is the almost warping players... When you do a fast break and go up for a dunk, some guy that's running 5 meters back suddenly almost warps in front of your guy and alters the shot so that it rarely goes in... This just bites. If a guy goes up for a dunk, no one and I mean no one has time to move in front of him when he's already in the air. Unless if you were already standing there or were a step or two away. This can be done to the AI too, but it's quite hard and the AI seems to succeed in it too often compared to the player.

I won't get into that bumping and grinding sheit here...
Metsis

Postby bb14 on Thu May 27, 2004 9:24 pm

EA SPORTS, it's time to improve...
bb14

the improvement

Postby madskillz on Fri May 28, 2004 5:07 am

-All players have different jumping ability (not everyplayer can hit the rim with their head; only Carter,lebron, staudmire, j richardson, and etc)

-RPG like moving cameral angles; provide wider view to whoever has the ball

-more freestyle...

-automated cpu cut squence slide; when you have the ball, cpu cuts to open spot instead of standing around)

-more realistic dunks/moves... whatever... REALISM!!! like yall said it.
Last edited by madskillz on Fri May 28, 2004 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
madskillz

Return to NBA Live 2005