Hangin on the Rim

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

Hangin on the Rim

Postby Cameron on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:54 am

Hopefully a post hasn't been made about this already...

I was thinking about the way the players hang on the rim. In the NBA, players cannot hang on the rim unless they are avoiding physical injury to themselves or another player, lest they get a technical foul. I think it would add an element of realism to the game if I didn't go down on a breakaway, hang on the rim, and smack the backboard. This would definitely be a technical in a real game (although with the fact that they cant even get free throw subs correct, you can't really expect them to get this right).

I was thinking, either they should make it so in a sim game you only hang when you have to, or allow you maybe to hold the dunk button down for as long as you want to hang and when you release the button you release the rim. This might make things a little more interesting.

Also, that gives me another idea, hopefully that hasn't been mentioned before (I don't peruse this part of the forum often, I'm more busy enjoying what I have lol, I mean I played 2000 for so many years without complaint) - maybe have some sort of emotion metre in the game? This would allow backboard hangings, arguments, etc, where more tecnicals may be called. I think this would defintiely increase the realism of the game.

Anyway, thats my spiel for now. Tell me if you have any thoughts :)
Cameron

Return to NBA Live 2005